PDA

View Full Version : Rufus Dawes time has come to hang up your column

ROBHONDA
11-29-2000, 10:47 AM
Rufus, aka Carl Peterson (IMO) has written his last article for me. As a matter of fact I'm done reading most of the propaganda that is coming off the KC CHIEFS web site.

I use to read EVERY SINGLE morsel of info
on this web site. I use to dip into this web site 10-15 times daily just to see
what was up. NOT any more. I'm so
frustraited at the lost opprotunities
the CHIEFS have had over the last 10 plus years. I use to read every drop of information about the CHIEFS I could find,
but not any more. The Charger game was
it for me........Yes, I will still watch
every game. But, my passion is gone.
Untill I see a vast improvement,
my days of "gobbling up" information like Pac-Man after the yellow dots is gone.
That win over the RAMS MEANS NOTTA. It was
nothing more than a fluke.

Over the last 10 years, I've seen too much cockyness from the players on the field.
Anytime they started to look good, they thought they had won the SUPERBOWL already!!!

It's sad to say But My CHIEFS have turned into the AL DAVIS OAKLAND RAIDERS IMO.
We have poor sportsmanship, Stupid Penalties
in every single game and no leadership.

Our ship is rudderless. Our offense is based on moistening a finger, sticking it
up in the air!!!!!!

We waisted ALOT OF OPPROTUNITES. Its sad, very sad.

Snapper
11-29-2000, 10:56 AM
I agree that rufus isn't exactly hemmingway....but calling my chiefs the..gulp...raiders is as sac-religous as it can get...

take a deep breath, untie the noose, step off the chair..and think quietly to yourself...deer season is only half a week away...get your gun and take your fat-agression out on some car smashing bamis...

It will be ok...

ck_IN
11-29-2000, 11:08 AM
Although now and always a chiefs fan, have to take Guns approach of playing verterans the final four games with a grain of salt.

Seems we HAVE to leave them on the bench so that if we don't pick up a new running back, db, or linebacker we can read all the chiefs propaganda about the "diamond in the rough" we currently have on our squad. Can see all the training camp reports on how Cloud is looking like the next Marcus Allen, Moreau is the next Otis Anderson, Bartee or Warfield playing like Hasty, Dante Hall as the next Metcalf, or Still coming on like the next DT. Well lets see some of that NOW the final four games that mean nothing in the playoff hunt. Give them experiance. They may make mistakes, but chiefs fans will forgive, if they show flashes of talent!!!

May give us hope going into next year, or put ADDITIONAL pressure for chiefs management to address our talent level. Think the staff is trying to avoid the latter.

Kurt Surber
11-29-2000, 11:12 AM
Geez, what's with all the Dante Hall boosterism? My understanding, on good authority, is that he no longer wants to play at all, cetainly not for the Chefs.

ck_IN
11-29-2000, 11:21 AM
JC-Johnny,

No cudos from me on Dante Hall. He has done nothing for this team to date. We drafted him as a special teams returner and third down back.

Want to see if he has the talent to handle these roles. If he doesn't have the drive, heart, or talent lets find out now and be prepared to cut him!!! Lets know now if we need to look for these skills on the free agent market or in the draft! We already know Parker and Lockett are receivers, not accomplished return men. Why have them back there the final four games.

If Hall has skills and DOESN'T want to play for the chiefs, highlight those skills and trade him while we have him under contract. If not let him go!

autoxwes
11-29-2000, 11:22 AM
Speaking of Hall not wanting to play - I want just one person to give me one damn good reason why Elvis or Tony G. or anyone else will resign with this circus. These guys will see the sh*t that Rison did and then he goes to the best team in the AFC and is knocking on the SB (again for that moron) and they will say #&$k it - I'm outa here.

mikey23545
11-29-2000, 11:27 AM
With the way KC is playing Rufus will have to write an article a day to put a positive spin on how the team is progressing.