PDA

View Full Version : Listen to me....

Hoover
08-26-2000, 12:00 AM
I know many of you will just shove what I say aside as "homer hopefulness", but I am not worried at all about whats gone on in the preseason.

Since when have we EVER had a good preseason? I know we've never lost every game before, but we've been blown out by some BAD teams in preseason in years when we dominated (95 and 97 come to mind).

From the way the team looks, I just get the feeling that Gunther is holding back his final card, waiting to lay it on the table when the games begin.....waiting for game one at Arrowhead next week, when we honor Derrick in the most emotional day in Chiefs history. Next week will have an emotional, but magical feel to it, and I truly believe that the team talent that we know we have will shine through when they are playing to win, and not to practice.

Just my two cents...

http://smsuperfan.tripod.com/superchief.gif<P>

The Blessed Virgin Larry
08-26-2000, 12:11 AM
Super Chief,
We have also never looked this bad. NOTHING looks good. The only thing Gun is holding back is TEARS! The Chiefs are bad- very bad and I think they know it. My prediction is 4-12.

AustinChief
08-26-2000, 01:28 AM
Super Chief,

Your homerism is admirable, but I just don't know..... Preseason means nothing, so we'll forget about the 4 "L"s. Let's just look at how the starters have looked. Awful. Just awful. We have one cornerback. One. Highway 26 just sits there and gets burned. I don't know if Warfield is the answer, but Dishman should not be playing any longer. He just doesn't have it anymore. Whoever it was that suggested the nickname "the sieve" for our defense was right on target. I've never seen our D so full of holes.

As for the O, well, they haven't done much since week 1. Let's hope Grbac stays healthy because tonight was pretty darn bad. I don't know about Moon or Collins, and I don't expect White to stay on the roster past this weekend (remember when everyone was ready to just hand him the starting job??? Good thing THAT didn't happen.)

Emotional game next week? Sure, but emotion can only get you so far. Definitely not through an entire season. I know I'm going to get blasted for this one, but, *taking deep breath*.......with this schedule, and this defense, I look for a 7-9 season. Maybe a game or two worse.

On the plus side, maybe that'll convince some of the powers that be that it's time to clean house. The stooges need to go, and maybe some others as well.

Cannibal
08-26-2000, 01:45 AM
Like I posted on another thread, from the Star:

"They have gone 1-3 five previous times, and each time they finished the regular season with a winning record, including 13-3 in 1997. The other seasons the Chiefs went 1-3 were 1981 (9-7 regular season); 1989 (8-7-1); 1990 (11-5); and 1992 (10-6)."

So unless 0-4 vs 1-3 is a huge difference, nothing has been proven yet. We looked pretty pathetic at times last preseason too, at least our first team did. OTOH, our first team looked outstanding in the '98 preseason, the one where we were picked to go to the Super Bowl, and we were a bad team that year.

We've definitely got some problems. And the tough schedule does not help. We need to win on opening day to get our confidence back. An 0-2 start would be disasterous. Is this team holding back, or are they just bad? We'll find out soon enough...

<BR>

DaWolf
08-26-2000, 02:02 AM
Keep up the optimism, hopefully your right.

BroncoFan
08-26-2000, 02:59 AM
Yosef-I believe that would be me that came up with the nickname of "sieve." I probably copied it from someone else though. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif