PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs make the playoffs if....

KC Jones
12-01-2000, 12:16 PM
everyone and their mothers lose the rest of their games....

Hey, it's Christmas time, I can dream.

"Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Homerism is alive and well in Joe's house...
------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 12-01-2000).]

seclark
12-01-2000, 12:52 PM
if horse turds were bisquits!

ansonsdad
12-01-2000, 01:01 PM
If the division leaders in the AFC and the runners-up all die in mysterious plane crashes.

ChiTown
~volunteering for the mision if called upon

KC Jones
12-01-2000, 01:21 PM
Yes, in a strange turn of events...the Chiefs Organization is contesting the outcome of the last four games...it seems that there were some points that weren't counted and so they are requesting a hand recount...the Chiefs have vowed to fight this all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary...of course this dispute could delay the outcome of the division races and playoffs until sometime next year...

In an effort to ensure the best possible outcome, the Chiefs have hired Al Gore's law team to fight this for them...

It also appears that some fans were disenfranchised, or is that disenchanted....

More to follow on CNN.

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 12-01-2000).]

Kurt Surber
12-01-2000, 01:38 PM
Irony is, after the refs' apology, the Chiefs have a better case than AlGore.

Snapper
12-01-2000, 01:41 PM
this year???if pink monkeys fly out of my butt at the same time fivehunderd fifteen actually cheered the chiefs at a raider game...

next year people, next year....

KC Jones
12-01-2000, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry, I meant in Madden 2001....

AustinChief
12-01-2000, 01:56 PM
You know, Snapper, if you cover them with some sausage gravy you really can't tell the difference.

DoktorSmith
12-01-2000, 02:00 PM
horseturds.... bisquits....gravy....hmmmmm.....NAH!

darkchief
12-01-2000, 03:12 PM
Since the Chiefs aren't "mathematically" out of the playoffs, I'd be interested to see the scenerio that would allow that to happen. I know not everyone would need to lose all of there games. I sat down and looked at it briefly yesterday.

Anyone gone to the trouble of figuring this out?

scooter

Snapper
12-01-2000, 03:27 PM
if, if, if

"If if's and buts were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas every day."

KC Jones
12-01-2000, 03:57 PM
Scotter, it's really as simple as that...if all the playoff contenders...wildcard that is...lose all their games and the Chiefs win all theirs we are in...now the problem is that some of the playoff teams play each other so...Buffalo would have to lose 3 of 4 same with Indy...they would then end up at 8 and 8...that eliminates two...Denver would need to lose all their remaining games and they'd be 8-8...that would leave:

Miami, NYJ, Balt, Tenn, Oak and KC...it could happen...