PDA

View Full Version : Jayhawks BBS

KC Hawke
11-28-2000, 09:15 PM
Do any Planet regulars visit a Jayhawks BB or will you just post your NCAA basketball threads here on the Planet?

Pants

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-28-2000, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't mind talkin to folks on here crp. I think we could have a good mix of 'hawk fans and mizzou fans (gotta have someone to keep us in check!) I know there is a college sports Bulletin Board at the Star, but when I was there before, there wasn't much talk going on. I would rather talk to people I know anyway.

Is anyone else watching this Duke-Illinois game? Duke up by 5 with 12 min left, but it's been back and forth.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!

KC Hawke
11-28-2000, 10:03 PM
I would like to keep Jayhawk talk on the Planet also . . . but here's another BB just in case.
http://discussion.phog.net/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-28-2000, 10:10 PM
looks like a pretty cool BBS crp, but (and I know, this sounds lame) I think that dark background will make my eyes go buggy eventually. I'm seeing stars right now after reading one post!

Scorpdork
11-29-2000, 10:56 AM
Go KU ! :D

I will post here,but the Tigger fans will have a hard time accepting it! ;) Then again,who cares what a Tigger fan thinks! :p

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS ! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

kc hopeful
11-29-2000, 12:58 PM
Rock-Chalk

kcneo
11-29-2000, 01:52 PM
Aww hell!! I get enough beaker talk on the dam Tigerboard! Now it's leaking onto the planet!?! What's the world coming to? Pesonally, I'd like to see the BB talk confined to hoops boards. Lord knows there are plenty of them around. www.rockchalk.com (http://www.rockchalk.com) is a good one. GO MIZZOU!

[This message has been edited by redhed (edited 11-29-2000).]

Chieffan
11-29-2000, 01:54 PM
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS SUCK

------------------
TWB

KCTitus
11-29-2000, 02:24 PM
BIG DADDY,
Doesn't follow college baketball that closely but is a BIG LAKERS FAN. At least I have something to be happy about. They will repeat this year. 15 three pointers last night with 2-3 of their best shooters out. WOW<BR>

Scorpdork
11-29-2000, 02:28 PM
47 mack

U must b a aggie or a hook'em fan !Sorry the JAYHAWKS rule ! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Chieffan
11-29-2000, 03:01 PM
No, I just like to talk crap. I'm not much intop college b-ball. I normally cheer for MU when they play KU. I respect Jayhawk fans for there loyalty and short tempers.

------------------
TWB

htismaqe
11-29-2000, 04:15 PM
Rock Chalk Chickenhawk, Stomp Gay U! :D

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

htismaqe
11-29-2000, 04:15 PM
Sorry, I couldn't pass it up. ;)

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-29-2000, 11:01 PM
To those of you who don't care too much for college ball (Mizzou fans) I understand, that's how I feel about pro baseball (Royals fan) :). Just teasin. I look forward to talking Jayhawks hoops with fellow hoopsters, whether you root for good or evil.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!!!!!!

AustinChief
11-30-2000, 06:43 AM
Talking Big8/Little4 Basketball is akin to discussing PeeWee Football. However, if anyone cares to discuss a REAL conference, the Big 10 will be back for a 3rd year of domination in the ranks.

KC Hawke
11-30-2000, 01:17 PM
pardon me while I vomit KCWolfman . . .

hee hee

bring on da smack!

big 10 . . .hee hee . . . pee-wee football . . . hee hee

Scorpdork
11-30-2000, 01:23 PM
BIG 10...REAL ? :rolleyes:

BIG 12... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-30-2000, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised the execs at the big 10 haven't noticed there are not 10 teams in their conference. Probably too busy watching our pee wee football games in the XII. What conference is the #1 (football)team from again?

:) I love talkin to non Jayhawk fans, they really hate us with a passion. Could it be....JEALOUSY?

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!!!

htismaqe
11-30-2000, 05:05 PM
DJay, I hate Chickenhawks because I am a born and bred K-Stater. I have Purple Blood running through my veins. And of course Cats love birds they are delicious! :D By the way, how are things up on Snob Hill?

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-30-2000, 05:21 PM
Actually hater I live in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised in Leavenworth and attended KU in '96-'97. My uncle actually works sideline security for the K-state football team and keeps shooting stats for the hoops team, kind of a civil war situation. It's all good, I respect the fact that the mildcats got their program fat on cupcakes and is now big time, how ever you get it done still gets it done right. Anyway as far as hoops I have a hard time hating a K-state hoops fan when we've never even lost to you in your own building.

I guess I see it like this, I am jealous of the K-state football success just like I'm sure K-state hoops fans are jealous of our success.

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-30-2000, 05:22 PM
Oh yeah, sorry about that purple blood thing. Must be pretty embarrassing when you get a cut. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

kcred
11-30-2000, 05:24 PM
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

htismaqe
11-30-2000, 05:32 PM
DJay, no I am not jealous of other teams success. I do hate the fact that the gayhawks succed at anything, but that is hatred for the team, not jealousy.
No I'm not embarresed about the Purple blood, I am proud of it. :) I am also proud of this - KSU 52 Gay U 13

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Mile High Mania
11-30-2000, 05:46 PM
raiderhader is calling kansas u gay u, so does that make kansas state gay state???
i think so.....lol

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-30-2000, 05:46 PM
Obviously the specialties of our respective favorite universities give us far different perspectives on this rivalry. I have quite a strong dislike for K-state in all sports but I know they are far beyond the level of the Jayhawk gridders. I have a much greater hatred for mizzou because they have been closer to our level in hoops and football recently, and the rivalry in basketball is way more intense than anything we have with the purple pussies.

htismaqe
11-30-2000, 05:56 PM
DJay, I know that Mizzou is another of your big rivals, but I had no idea that they had replaced us.
Slim, actually no. There was a magazine article out a few years ago saying that Gay U. was one of the top colleges for gays. So I am not just talking smack, it is the truth. By the way, who do you like?

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

AustinChief
11-30-2000, 06:09 PM
DeJay - Oh sure jealousy, that's it. I wish that my coach would finish #1 time after time in a FOOTBALL conference only to blow it against greats like Rhode Island.

Talk to me when KU has 5 NCAA's and then I might be starting to get jealous.

As far as the rest of you, I believe it is the Big 10 that has sent 2 of the final four in the last two years.

[This message has been edited by KCWolfman (edited 11-30-2000).]

htismaqe
11-30-2000, 06:14 PM
KCWolfman, who cares about the Big 10. not many on this board. this is pretty much going to be a Big XII oriented group. And besides, who is saying that the Big 10 is not good in BBall?

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

AustinChief
11-30-2000, 06:24 PM
Looking at the Fox Sports Power Rankings of overall performance...... http://foxsports.com/collegebasketball/tourney/almanac/school_records.sml

Hmmm, #3 is Indiana, #4 is Michigan, #6 is Minnesota, then FINALLY a Big8/Little 12 appears at #7

I guess it is cool for you little basketball conferences to have one in the top ten....

AustinChief
11-30-2000, 06:25 PM
Frankly, rhater, I am sure that people would rather talk about Big10 basketball than the ratio of homosexuals on different campuses.

htismaqe
11-30-2000, 06:26 PM
what do you mean little? last time i looked 12 was bigger than 10. or is this the "new math"?

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

htismaqe
11-30-2000, 06:28 PM
Wolfman, I was merely pointing out the fact to some poor ignorant soul. And I wouldn't count on it, This is a sick world we live in today.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-30-2000, 09:35 PM
Hater:
Yeah, I would consider our rivalry (basketball)with Mizzou the most intense in the big XII. As far as football I believe it is the oldest rivalry west of the Mississippi. I still hate the purple pussies, it's just harder to have as heated a rivalry with a team that is no where near the same level. Mizzou on the other hand gives us a run for our money almost every game when they don't beat us.

Wolfman:
I know I never said the Big 10 was an inferior conference to the Big XII. Their run in the Tournament last year was exceptional to say the least. They have beat up on us recently with Michigan State, Illinois, and Iowa off the top of my head. As far as the jealousy comment I realize it was broad bunching all non Jayhawk fans into one group. I guess I was thinking more along the line of other Big XII teams. We have been kings of the hill around here for a long time and finally certain schools are starting to challenge us and it seems they all have a lot of resentment for our years of dominance. There is no arguing the great tradition of KU basketball. I apologize for not expressing my thoughts more specifically.

You are really talkin up the Big 10, where do your loyalties lie?

htismaqe
11-30-2000, 09:44 PM
DJay, I can understand the difference in play level. That does make sense. But at the same time you only border Mizzou, you share a state with us. oh well, I never have understood the Chikenhawk mentality.:P

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-30-2000, 09:57 PM
I came up with a pretty understandable analogy. The KU K-State hoops rivalry is like the Chiefs-Raiders rivalry of the '90's. We still hate each other and it's always fun to beat em but it is kind of a gimme win.

htismaqe
11-30-2000, 10:06 PM
But even with it being a gimmie, we still looked at it with the same intensity. They are our arch rivals. We would still get totaly pumped up over those games. Or I did anyways.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

KC Hawke
11-30-2000, 11:08 PM
KU 7-0 baby . . . Choke on it, Biatches!

(((Pants Morphing into Jayhawk homer)))

(It's that time of the year isn't it?)

The Chiefs had thier chance . . .gawd luv 'em

[This message has been edited by Chief Red Pants (edited 11-30-2000).]

DIEHARDCHIEF
12-01-2000, 08:26 AM
At this point I am a little worried about the Wak Forest game. We need to pick up the intensity or risk falling victim to a good Demon Decons team. Playing cupcakes the last 5 games doesn't help. We were only up by 8 on Illinois State last night at the half. It always seems like we have trouble with non-conference games on the road against ranked opponents (MSU and Illinois last year off the top of my head). Hopefully the early season success versus UCLA and the Johnnies weren't a fluke.

VA FAN
12-01-2000, 04:29 PM
I do not like Wildcats or Tigers! I never will. I share my hatred of both equally although Tiger fans seem to be more obnoxious, there is not much difference between a Tiger and a Wildcat fan.

Did you hear the one about the K-State graduate that moved to Missouri after he graduated?

He raised the state IQ in both states!

VA FAN
12-01-2000, 04:31 PM
I do not like Wildcats or Tigers! I never will. I share my hatred of both equally although Tiger fans seem to be more obnoxious, there is not much difference between a Tiger and a Wildcat fan.

Did you hear the one about the K-State graduate that moved to Missouri after he graduated?

He raised the state IQ in both states!