PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions............

Warrior5
08-26-2000, 08:35 AM
As always, I didn't get to see the game. Were there ANY positives? I'm not looking for consolation, just wondering who, if anyone, had a good game.

Could Moreau run against first-teamers do you think? Is he a diamond in the rough? He seems to be very inconsistent from day to day so far, but has certainly shown flashes.

The fumbles sound worrying. Moreau fumbled at the TB 3. Had the Chiefs put together a good drive until then?

I can't seem to find any defensive stats. Did anyone play well? How were Bartee, Dennis and Atkins? Is there any way we can do away with Dishman, or are they too green yet.

One final question. Has Grbac thrown deep at all this preseason, play action or otherwise? Especially to Morris? He has been throwing for VERY short yardage, I just wondered if this is what the coaches are not wanting to unveil until the regular season. Not that I believe they have a whole lot up their sleeves.

I'm searching for positives but not sure I'll hear any. I know Saturdays are quiet around here, but I'll be checking back throughout the day. Thanks guys.

BIG_DADDY
08-26-2000, 08:41 AM
I'll add to Cormac's - I didn't see the game either.

How did Warfield do against Johnson? Do you think he earned the starting spot over Dish?

------------------
EJJ

CaptainRon
08-26-2000, 09:45 AM
Guys,
Our team looked pretty bad last night,but looking on the bright side,IMO,the thing that killed our team was turnovers.We had 4.We drove the ball down all the way to the Bucs 3 yrd line and moreau fumbled.We also had a play where Sly fumbled a pass around our 15 yrd line.Kitchings,also fumbled a kick return-these were all rookie mistakes.Hopefully,these guys wont do that in the regular season,because most of them won't be starting.Go Chiefs!

One Arrowhead Dave
08-26-2000, 09:58 AM
There weren't many high points for the game, Maslowski caused a fumble on a kick off return, but it went right into the hands of another buc. Then of course there was Edwards Int for a TD. The last high light would probably be Moreau, and his runs.

DoubleWannaB
08-26-2000, 10:04 AM
Try to help you guys out here...

Moreau did look good, for the most part. He was running with our back up O-Line so that's all the more encouraging. 'Course, TB had their starters out, as well. We need more time to evaluate Moreau in a regular season game to tell just how efective he can be.

I'm not worried about the fumbles, yet. I don't see a trend that way and rookies will fumble--It's a fact of life.

Did the D play well? You mean besides D. Edwards? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif
No. Tackling was shoddy and sloppy. Trying to shoulder-tackle Alstott? Unbelievable. Fundamentals are lacking on the D--Thank you, Kurt Schottenheimer! Also the experiment w/ zone coverage has offically failed. Our current CB's couldn't handle it.
BTW, Ron George did look pretty good on several plays.

Maz was a monster on ST's. Too bad we still give up way too much yards on kick/punt returns. Kitchings had a good K.O return. Dar Dar was too hesitant trying to decide whether to run or kneel down in the endzone.<P>

DoubleWannaB
08-26-2000, 10:05 AM
Part 2--

First play in the game was the old reliable play-action bomb to D.A.--It was slightly underthrown, this time, though. I still believe that is a strength play for us and expect to see it often in the coming year. No deep passes otherwise, that I recall. SlyCat has not been used to stretch the field yet--Waiting for regular season, maybe? Anders didn't play--Wondering if he is going to be cut soon?

BTW, it was Drayton who missed the block on the play where Elvis was hurt.

Warfield vs Johnson? Johnson wins. DB's a worry if we don't pick up a waiver wire CB, IMO. Also, we missed Glock. And Browning was not that effective in place of Williams.

Regular season looms straight ahead. Time to see if they can right this ship.

Eric<P>

Warrior5
08-26-2000, 10:23 AM
Thanks guys. Great post Florida! I still wish I could have seen these games!

Devin Vierth
08-26-2000, 10:33 AM
How did the special teams do, kick-offs and punts along with the returns?? I only saw the highlights on ESPN and it was horrible the number of missed tackles on one of the touchdowns Alstott scored. I hope they start to teach the tackling concept before the Indy game, if not James is going to have a huge day against us. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
bk

Warrior5
08-26-2000, 10:49 AM
We have been complaining about shoddy tackling for a long time now. It's the week before the season opener, and they still aren't tackling well. I can't see it changing now, sorry http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Devin Vierth
08-26-2000, 10:54 AM
Guys, I think I have figured it out. The pre-season was just to lull the media and our opposition to sleep so we can sneak up on people like the rams did last year. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Imagine how the Colts are going to have to try to prepare to stop our weak offense that we showed in the pre-season. But in the meantime we are working on a trmendous field streching offense using sly, da and TG. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
bk