PDA

View Full Version : Youth Movement can be painful

SPUTinKC
08-26-2000, 10:07 AM
Sometimes when a team plays a lot of younger players they have many losses before those young players learn how to play, this may be happening to the Chiefs.

If the chiefs win less than 3 games in the first 1/2 of the season (2-6, 1-7) then I say they dump Grbac, Williams, and all the other older dissapointments and go with a full scale youth movement in preperation for next year. We would have young talent, and maybe a good enough draft pick to get a REAL QBOTF. (Drew Brees?)

shakesthecat
08-26-2000, 10:09 AM
Just one question, who are you going to replace Grbac with, don't tell me Ted White.

SPUTinKC
08-26-2000, 10:15 AM
If you only win 1 or 2 games of the first 8, then maybe it is time to put in Ted White. Yes he sucks, but how much worse can he do?, then at least you would now if he has a chance.

Holmgren did that with Kitna 2 years ago, and he wasn't doing too well at first, but they sacrificed 1/2 season to evaluate him.

SPUTinKC
08-26-2000, 10:16 AM
If you only win 1 or 2 games of the first 8, then maybe it is time to put in Ted White. Yes he sucks, but how much worse can he do?, then at least you would now if he has a chance.

Holmgren did that with Kitna 2 years ago, and he wasn't doing too well at first, but they sacrificed 1/2 season to evaluate him.

shakesthecat
08-26-2000, 10:27 AM
I think he will be cut anyway, and we might pick up another young QB on waivers, and really I don't have any problems with putting the young players in should we become the doormats you suggest. I don't think EG is going to make us forget Elway or Marino, etc., but he is probably one of the top 12 or 13 in the league. Unfortunately, those other teams won't make the playoffs either.