PDA

View Full Version : Resignation Watch 2000

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 07:19 AM
What time today will Gunther throw in the towel?

Bob Dole is certain that Gunther was up all night discussing it with his wife. Hopefull she didn't talk him out of it this time.

Gaz
12-05-2000, 07:20 AM
I can only hope Bob Dole is right. I like Gun but he just doesn't have it. I have kept silent long enough and I just as ready for Gun to step down as I was Marty.<P>

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 07:23 AM
I expect it after the season, but that is just my guess.

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 07:24 AM
If he has thoughts of doing it after the season, he should just go ahead and do it today.

What could he possibly hope to accomplish between now and season's end?

rkucera
12-05-2000, 07:26 AM
I hope he waits until the end of the season that way none of the current asst coaches get named interim head coach. Cause I would hate to see that happen and then by some freak happening we start playing better then they would be tempted to keep the guy on for next year....No thanks, we need a complete flush.

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 07:28 AM
To help improve his chances for finding a job as a DC somewhere if he so choses, plus who on this staff would you like to take over this team and have the chance of coming back as HC next season?

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 07:29 AM
It appears jl80 and I were thinking a bit alike on that one...

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 07:30 AM
IBDHO, when Gunther resigns, he'll stay out of football for at least a year.

And Bob Dole also does not believe that anyone (including CP) is stupid enough to think that any of our other coaches are anywhere close to Head Coach material.

Snapper
12-05-2000, 07:31 AM
you know what...i don't disagree that gun should be a DC instead of HC..but!! he didn't call the passes to the middle and definitely not the one at the end with time outs...he didn't fumble, throw any stupid int's...or only look at TG at the 5 with no timeouts, no time and 4 tacklers on him...

I don't put all of the blameon him for this one...and he looked pretty pissed and someone at the end...hmmmm JRay?

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 07:37 AM
Dole - Just remember that a couple years ago it was Gunther and Jimmy Raye up for the job... Of course Shaw might be up for the job as well, but if he sticks with that wussy butt D he might get killed.

ColoradoChief
12-05-2000, 07:41 AM
Iowa - I would agree, expcept he was the one who kept Jimmy Raye, Mike Stock and promoted Kurt. The one change he makes over what Marty already had in place is to promote Kurt and our D has not been any worse then it has been this year.

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 07:45 AM
Hopefully the guys in the position to make the Head Coach decision can see that we plainly need some new blood.

Bob Dole started this season supporting Gunther, giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming that it was not totally his decision to keep The Stooges. Bob Dole has read, heard and seen enough at this point to know that G ain't taking this team anywhere but down the tubes.

Yo, Gunther.

<center><font color="red"><H1>GO AWAY!</H1></font></center>

rkucera
12-05-2000, 07:45 AM
Bob Dole,

Don't underestimate the power of Political Correctness...The Great Reverend Jesse Jackson could come marching into KC telling the world that we should make JR the HC because of all his brilliance and anything less would be bigotry.

G_Man
12-05-2000, 07:47 AM
Give me a break.

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 07:53 AM
Do you have a bone preference, Clint?

One Arrowhead Dave
12-05-2000, 08:34 AM
If Gunther retired, Shaw would be HC, with an inside track for the job next season. Does his love for the soft zone disqualify him as HC?

xoxo~
gaz
never wants to see a red & gold zone again.<BR>

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 08:52 AM
Bob Dole doesn't know enough about Shaw to comment on his qualifications (or lack thereof) as a head coach.

Bob Dole does believe that we need to bring in someone from outside the organization. A younger coach who can relate well with our players might be a plus, too.

PostalChief
12-05-2000, 08:54 AM
Shaw was a hot prospect a couple of years ago. I would personally prefer someone with experience.

Chief Joseph
12-05-2000, 09:08 AM
If Mora is fired in Indy(a possiblity) how fast would Carl fax him a contract?

Kurt Surber
12-05-2000, 09:21 AM
Mora?? WTF?? Jim "diddly-poo" Mora was the blueprint for 'crazy' GuntherC. If there is one team doing less with more than the Chiefs in the league right now, its the Colts.

[This message has been edited by JC-Johnny (edited 12-05-2000).]

Ugly Duck
12-05-2000, 09:27 AM
And take King Carl with you Gun. :mad:

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 12-05-2000).]

Ugly Duck
12-05-2000, 09:27 AM
Double post

PostalChief
12-05-2000, 09:41 AM
Art Shell.

Kurt Surber
12-05-2000, 09:44 AM
Art Shell - yeah, and maybe he can talk Trezelle Jenkins into coming back.

PostalChief
12-05-2000, 09:46 AM
What does ARt Shell have to do with Trezelle Jenkins?

[This message has been edited by Brock Landers (edited 12-05-2000).]

Chief Joseph
12-05-2000, 09:46 AM
Johnny,
Agreed. But Carl and Mora have worked together before, and IMO Carl would jump at the chance to bring him here. Mora would be just the crazy like a fox move a gambling gunslinger GM like Carl would make. (sarcasm)

One Arrowhead Dave
12-05-2000, 09:47 AM
Actually, I wanted Shell when we got Gunther.

xoxo~
gaz
would not object to Shell.

Kurt Surber
12-05-2000, 10:03 AM
Re: Art Shell - My strong understanding [and no, I cannot recall the source that this point] was the Shell jonzed for Jenkins big time, nearly making his being drafted a condition of continued employment. Besides, he didn't have a lot luck transforming the Faders to respectability [albeit a Herculean task].

Re: Jim Mora - everyone bemoaned lack of playoff success even at our best in the '90's. So tell me, what he Mora done in the playoffs? HOW many SBs? He over-works like Gun, get crazy and scattershot both in his philosophy and during press conferences, but he burns-out quicker than Gun, if that's possible.

[This message has been edited by JC-Johnny (edited 12-05-2000).]

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 10:07 AM
Jim Mora is a big ****ing NO...

The only reason the Colts are any good is because Polian is a genius...The Bills went to those SuperBowls under Polian, and the coach was FORMER CHIEFS (FAILED) HC MARV LEVY.

If we take anyone from the Colts, it should be Polian replacing CP.

------------------
Parker
[b]ChiefsPlanet Administrator</B>

KC Jones
12-05-2000, 10:10 AM
Actually wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Gun resign...don't think it will happen though...he has too much pride...I am still of the minority opinion that Gun could be a good HC if he had the right staff...<P>

Chief Joseph
12-05-2000, 10:15 AM
I want to officialy declare my anti-Mora views. I am saying that IF Mora is fired, Carl will hire him before Gunther can clean out his office.

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 10:15 AM
Yo, G. Got sumpin' for ya.

Well, that didn't work worth a flip.

<A href="http://tigger.tamut.edu/MIS430001/slent/losing.jpg"> Click Here</a>

[This message has been edited by Robert_Dole (edited 12-05-2000).]

Kurt Surber
12-05-2000, 10:16 AM
I share your opinion 58 forever. But what troubles me is the possibility that Gun has 'broken his plate' with the core of the team. This makes for a double whammy. First, he can't rehab his image, philosophy, position, and has to go. Second, he will be successful elsewhere. While the Chiefs are in nuclear winter, he's off pulling a Rison/Horn, enjoying his new digs and reinforcing the notion that KC is the place where talent goes, if not to die, to at least get really, REALLY frsutrated.

Kurt Surber
12-05-2000, 10:18 AM
Gotcha Mr. Blond. Being dense I didn't get you before. But now I gotcha.

Ugly Duck
12-05-2000, 10:24 AM
Peterson must go first for anything to change. :mad:

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 10:37 AM
JC,

If Carl goes, I think the "come to KC to wallow" goes with him...**** Andre Rison, he's washed up, his 13th wind won't last forever...the Joe Horn thing is obviously due to Peterson's (and Gun's) lack of ability to evaluate talent. And the whole legal deal with Tam and Bam ain't over, Horn was good friends with those guys. All the talent in the world won't help him in jail.

Gunther will never be a successful HC anywhere. As a DC sure, but not HC.

------------------
Parker
[b]ChiefsPlanet Administrator</B>

PostalChief
12-05-2000, 11:24 AM
Actually, Shell led the Raiders to the playoffs 3 times in his 5-year tenure, including a division title and an appearance in the AFC Championship game. Half-baked rumors about him pining for Trezelle Jenkins shouldn't disqualify him as a successor the failed "Gunther experiment".

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 03:13 PM
Bob Dole is still watching for the announcement.

Bob Dole has also decided (after much deliberation) that he would like Jill Arrington to serve as interim head coach.

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 03:56 PM
Has Gunther's bio always been absent from the coaches page at kcchiefs.com?
http://www.kcchiefs.com/Rosters_Stats/coachlist.asp

KCWolfman
12-05-2000, 04:06 PM
Interesting observation Bob Dole. Methinks Gunther will be gone as a salve for damage control, to keep the fans in the stands...<BR>

AustinChief
12-05-2000, 08:54 PM
Bob Dole isn't being sarcastic...just doesn't know if it's been absent all along.

(Bob Dole was just going to experiment with Flash and was looking for a good G pic.)