PDA

View Full Version : Gore will concede by Monday ...

CASHMAN
12-07-2000, 10:23 PM
IMO, he will lose all three cases still pending.

He trashed his 2004 chances by dragging this out.

Al Gore is A power starved freak IMO...
I have lost all respect for him.<P>

flowergirl
12-07-2000, 11:04 PM
I think if he loses the cases he concedes even sooner. But I haven't lost any respect for him. When you put 2 years of your life into this thing and you have won the majority of popular votes and are losing a state by a few hundred votes and there is a chance that some votes were not counted, how can you lay down? Everything he has done has been in his legal right, and I don't think we are any worse off because of it.

Besides, I think if the roles were reversed, Bush does the same thing. Now we can argue this point all we want, but I posted an article here about 3 weeks ago from the Washington Post I believe that quoted Bush campaign people saying that had they lost the election but won the popular vote, they had a mapped out strategy ready to fight the thing. But that situation never arose for them.

As far as Gore in 2004, that depends on how these next 4 years go...

Chief Henry
12-07-2000, 11:43 PM
What Da Wolf said. BTW, I voted for Gore. Go ahead and slam me - I can take it, I'm a Chiefs fan - I have THICK SKIN! *grin*

AustinChief
12-08-2000, 07:24 AM
"When you put 2 years of your life into this thing..."

Try 52 years. Al's entire life has been geared toward this.

Luzap
12-08-2000, 07:36 AM
First off, DaWolf, what's your definition of majority? Both candidates received approximately 48% of the total ballots cast nationwide. Gore's margin is .0003%.

Second, it's ludicrous to say that Bush would have done these legal challenges like Gore has. It's been proven before by Nixon and most recently by Ashcroft that the republicans have stepped down for the good of the country even when they could have had legal redress to overturn the results.

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 12-08-2000).]

Gaz
12-08-2000, 07:42 AM
No matter how ugly this has been the real winner in all of this is the country.

Someday in the future this will happen again and the judicial system will have precedence to follow. Not only that, but I imagine counties with the old style less accurate voting machines will be forced to replace them.

Luzap
12-08-2000, 07:45 AM
mlyonsd: I disagree, I think the country is the ultimate loser in this.<P>

Scorpdork
12-08-2000, 09:25 AM
Gore....

Might get a moral victory today from Seminole county,(Democratic judge) the 15,000 absentee ballots could get thrown out . Sources in the RNC claimed it didn't look good with the judge,pro-Gore supporter!

This is still an ugly mess!

[This message has been edited by ROYC75 (edited 12-08-2000).]

ColoradoChief
12-08-2000, 09:33 AM
Roy - The worst part is that I heard both sides were already ready with their papers to appeal what the judge decides. That is pretty sad.

AustinChief
12-08-2000, 09:34 AM
Bob Dole is completely baffled by the attempt to throw out an entire county's absentee vote.

What happened to "The Will of the People?"

Scorpdork
12-08-2000, 09:35 AM
If the ballots get tossed...Gore wins,Bush gets the electors by Legislators...then you got an even bigger mess!

Scorpdork
12-08-2000, 09:42 AM
Gore...every vote should count!!!!!! He is not tied to this court battle,but he supports it! Double standards !

CASHMAN
12-08-2000, 02:24 PM
2 down...1 to go.

Florida seven will rule to uphold judge Sauls decision shortly.
Finally it will be over!