PDA

View Full Version : If this Staff stays, will you?

Quarterback
12-07-2000, 10:58 PM
The general consensus around here has and is pretty obvious. Most people here want the slate wiped clean. Lamar has never been a knee jerk kind of guy, which leads me to this...

As adamant as everyone is about this, what if there NO changes in the Coaching department. Will you give up on the Chiefs?

Will your head explode?

Seriously, I don't see everyone logging on for two years straight, just to complain how horrible it all is.

Is this board going to be marooned?

[This message has been edited by stevieray (edited 12-07-2000).]

flowergirl
12-07-2000, 11:07 PM
No. I will never abandon my team. I will root for Gunther and his moronic staff to get lucky and win a championship...

ddpatterson
12-07-2000, 11:17 PM
Yep. If I have to b!tch for five years for this staff to get fired, I'll do it. Of course, i don't have much of a life. :D

Chief Henry
12-07-2000, 11:45 PM
I DONT know how to support another team. I bleed Chiefs RED! I'd stay and ***** EVERY DAY!

Buzzbait
12-08-2000, 12:01 AM
I'm always willing to make excuses for my team. Hey, we're starting lots of rookies. This is a team who lost their superstar in a tragic accident. The staff is still learning. I think you get the point. It will take more than a few poor years to shake me, I remember the 70's and 80's.

AZ

Mile High Mania
12-08-2000, 06:54 AM
i have watched this team since i first got interested in football, which was Marty's first year. It is going to take a lot more than this to get rid of me. Eventually when they win a Super Bowl it will make all these years of heartache in the playoffs and not making the playoffs worthwhile. I can say i was there all along. and i bleed chiefs red and chiefs gold. always have and always will. nothing will ever change that. I've been through way too much with this team to give up now. Now is when they really need the support of fans.

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~

47mack
12-08-2000, 07:03 AM
I'll always root for them but I gave up all hope they would ever make it to the Super Bowl back in 95. Some teams are just jinxed and unfortunately, KC is one of them.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Jeff_000
12-08-2000, 07:19 AM
If I stayed for Levy, Mackovich (sp?) and Ganz, nothing can drive me away.

My head could explode, however. I just hope it doesn't make too much of a mess.

MM
~~Has nowhere better to go.

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 12-08-2000).]

Luzap
12-08-2000, 07:42 AM
Stevieray: Yeah, I'll stick around and will be terribly frustrated about it.

I have noticed a definate drop off in discussions largely in part because of the fact that the 'problems' have been discussed ad naseum and you can only talk about the same thing for so long. Well most of us anyway, some posters here seem to be broken records.

Gaz
12-08-2000, 07:44 AM
I lived through the 70's and 80's. I can take it.

Warrior5
12-08-2000, 08:09 AM
Titus, good response, most threads are just different versions of the same thing, Elvis, Carl, Gunther, and the Stooges. But to answer the questions, I have been around for over 35 years, and yes, I will be around for as long as the good Lord lets me. I will look at them in preseason, and visualize a playoff bound team, and after the first quarter of the season, I will be disappointed in the 2-2 start, by the first half, I will be disgusted, and somewhere shortly thereafter, I will start my rant about firing Gunther and all his stooges, and when you ask this same question, this time next year, I, no doubt, will give you the same reply.

DIEHARDCHIEF
12-08-2000, 08:15 AM
I be a Chiefs fan until I shed this "mortal coil." I will complain with the best of them, but they are always going to be my Chiefs.

Boise_Chief
12-08-2000, 08:15 AM
Oh I'll support them all right. What root for a NFC team, No way! My way of protesting though would not making the effort to see any games other than those televised and I wouldn't advertise my loyalty by wearing or buying team merchandize. YOU HEAR THAT LAMAR!!

One Arrowhead Dave
12-08-2000, 08:28 AM
What an ugly, UGLY thought…

My knee-jerk response was "screw 'em, I won't support the team if the current coaching staff is in place."

I was surprised at the sheer venom that accompanied that thought. I realized that I am not only disappointed and disgusted with the coaching staff. I am angry. Why anger? Jeez, it is just a game…

Then I thought: "No, Gaz, you are a Chiefs fan. You bleed red and pee gold. Regardless of how angry you are, you will support them no matter what. You survived Ganz, you could survive this."

Now I have pondered the question a bit and I really don't know if I could stand to watch the games with Gunther and the Stooges still in command. It is frustrating enough just waiting for the season to end. I truly don't know if I could stand to watch 16 games of this crap.

Of course, I say that from the depths of a losing streak and a massive stupidity overdose from Gunther and Company. Give me an off-season without my football fix and I will probably be so desperate for Chiefs football that I can delude myself that Gunther and the Stooges are not THAT bad after all.

I am not ready to get Direct TV and pick another team, but it is sad that I have to consider that as a realistic alternative, should Gunther and the Stooges remain next season. There was a time when I would not have thought about it, but it would be very hard to remain loyal to a team that treated its fans like that.

xoxo~
gaz
more disturbed than he expected by this question.<BR>

Luzap
12-08-2000, 08:51 AM
Gaz: I would recommend DirecTV not for the reason you suggested, but to give you a better perspective of how the league as a whole is playing.

It opened my eyes to the realization that the NFL has truly achieved parity.

kc hopeful
12-08-2000, 09:19 AM
I have been a Chiefs fan for many years. I recall many moons ago writing a paper in Comp 2 about the futility of the Chiefs. How I now find myself longing for that feeling of hope that was so strong after the arrival of Carl and Marty. I remember the feeling of dismay after Dave Kreig broke free of one last sack from DT to throw the game-winning Touchdown. The feeling of shock after the Colts playoff game fiasco. I have visited this and the parent BB for over three years now and I must admit my enthusiasm has waned. Marty did not win all of the games and never one the BIG ONE. That being said I rarely felt my team was out-coached and out hustled. They played their best and occasionally came up short. This team is different. There is a lack of direction from the coaching staff and a lack of desire from many of the players. At this point I feel I could abandon my team as I feel they have abandoned me. Yet with each spring, each draft each coaching change hope springs eternal. If we could just get a new __________, we would have the missing piece of the puzzle. So I expect to return to form next year, full of New Hope, homer goggles firmly strapped on and ready for our run to the Super bowl.

------------------
"A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory."

PostalChief
12-08-2000, 09:21 AM
I was here before they got here, I'll be here after they're gone.

chiefsfan
12-08-2000, 09:34 AM
I'll never abandon the Chiefs.

I'll just drink more wine.

KC Jones
12-08-2000, 09:37 AM
Nah, I'm in for the duration...at least on this BB you can talk about other things when the Chiefs aren't doing so good...besides, the Chiefs will rise again...and all will be well in Arrowhead land...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

kcneo
12-08-2000, 10:10 AM
No, I won't give up on the Chiefs. I'll just beech about them 24/7. My head will probably explode, but it won't be due to anything the Chiefs are/aren't doing.

rh :mad:
feeling the power...

ChannonChief
12-08-2000, 11:17 AM
I will always be a Chief fan. I can't help myself. It is like an addiciton. I have sworn them off several times after a heartbreaking loss in the playoffs, only to return.

It will be hard to be a fan if Gun and crew stay, but there is no way I can cheer for the football team on the other side of the state.

Gotta have somebody to cheer for.

Bob Dole
12-08-2000, 11:23 AM
hey all,

Nope...I won't leave this team...EVER!I've been here for the good and the bad, and im not leaving now! I will still scream and holler at the staff(maybe more, now that i know what to expect from them) but i am firmly attached to my BW seat.
kcmax

rtmurphy223
12-08-2000, 07:01 PM
I FOR ONE WILL STAY, CAUSE' I CAN OUT-LIVE THEM ALL, INCLUDING GUNS KID.

Political Observer
12-08-2000, 09:20 PM
stevie,
I have supported the Chiefs through the good times, and the bad times since their first day in KC.
Through hard times in my younger days, I had the Chiefs seasons to look forward to. I won't abandon them, now or ever.
the milkman
Chiefs are like family.

elvislivesinkc
12-08-2000, 10:31 PM
I will always be a Chiefs fan. HOWEVER, I will attend no more games, buy no more merchandise, or do anything else to put ONE F#CKING CENT in Lamar's pocket if he is enough of a DUMBA$$ to keep these morons next year.

Frazod

Ready to boycott.... hope it's not necessary.

Tick-tock, Gun.

flowergirl
12-08-2000, 10:39 PM
Go Chiefs!

http://www.superfans.net/afcwest/chiefs/dumther.gif

Superfans.net Chiefs Page (http://www.superfans.net/afcwest/chiefs/forum.cgi)

elvislivesinkc
12-08-2000, 10:48 PM
Awesome, Wolf!

If I could find a really big sign to put that on, I'd go to a game! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

flowergirl
12-08-2000, 10:56 PM
Fraz,
Can't take credit for the graphic, I borrowed it from a real good guy Marc Centanni, who does a great job with his Chiefs and NFL webpages on Superfans.net, and I hope he doesn't mind me using it, it was just too good of a graphic not to use. Which Is why I'm linking his pages so due credit is given.
http://www.superfans.net/kcwarroom/

Go Chiefs!

rkucera
12-08-2000, 10:57 PM
We all have been die hards through the thick and thin but what makes this year so tough is that this is the first time we have struggled when we had no business struggling. We have had our asses kicked hard through the lean years in the 80's but that was because we were just a bad team...This is the first time that we have the talent to be a Super Bowl contender yet we are wallowing in the muck because of piss poor coaching...That makes it very hard to take and I don't know how many of us could take another year of it.

Devin Vierth
12-10-2000, 03:58 PM
Gunther Magoo and the 3 Stooges team dominated this game. This should not have even been close. Shoot, we didn't even have to punt. I knew we could run the ball if we tried, and we did. We just shot ourslves in the foot at the wrong time with turnovers.
Offense, defense, and special teams all looked good. Uh-oh!!!

htismaqe
12-10-2000, 04:39 PM
will I ever abondon the CHIEFS? Heck no!!!

I don't care who is coaching them or playing, they are MY TEAM. I sat tru the awfull years and I stayed tru the good years. Nothing has changed to make me laeve them.

Will I boycott them? Not hardly, given the oppertunity to attend a game, I will JUMP at it. Will I stop displaying my CHIEFS stuff? NO WAY!! When they do go to the SB, I will be able to PROUDLY STAND UP and proclaim I was hear ALWAYS!!!!

My first response to those who would boycott or no support the CHIEFS, is GOOD RIDDENCE!!!
Just leaves more room for me to attend games.

But after thought, I really don't care if you stick around or not, Because I will be hear, and will welcome you back if you so choose. But I will remind you I was here all along.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Political Observer
12-10-2000, 06:40 PM
JOhn,
Where have you been? Haven't seen you here in a while.
the milkman
couldn't resist

Phobia
12-10-2000, 07:15 PM
I will stay, I have always stayed from 1966 to the present. However, if this staff (in its entirety) stays I will have no hope of awinning season. Strangely that makes for a relaxing season as you are pleasently surprised when they win. This is not what I want, but I learned this lesson and I can once again return to that mode if I must.

Very sad at the very real prospect this may happen.

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 12-10-2000).]

htismaqe
12-11-2000, 12:33 AM
Lompoc,
I'm always around, just havn't had a lot of time to post of late. Work is keeping me busy, and wife has gotten crankey about me being on the computer alot.

Vortex Dweller
12-11-2000, 01:39 AM
I'm with Frazod. I'll be a Chiefs fan, just no games, jerseys, Chiefs T-Shirts ect...

But I would also like to add that as horrible as it would be to have the stooges around again next season, let's not forget that the lack of a running back has been a HUGE problem that has plaqued us for a much longer time than the stooges. If we don't address the RB situation it is just as dumb, if not dumber than leaving Stock, Raye and Schottenheimer at the helm.

-----------------------------

Thank god for cold beer and warm cheerleaders<P>