PDA

View Full Version : Weinke v. Grbac

WarPaint
08-27-2000, 08:53 AM
Why is it that a College football QB (who actually spent more time during the past 10 years playing baseball rather than football) seems to be more equipped to handle the NFL than Elvis?

Last night Weinke was able to lead the team in a no huddle offense, use the shotgun, read the defense and change plays at the line, check off receivers, exploit single coverage, and lead the team. Not only that, after the game, he said the right things.

Weinke isn't even a great QB. Why can't Elvis do some of those things that an above average college QB can do?

Ugly Duck
08-27-2000, 09:24 AM
Probably because Elvis is not even an above average college quarterback much less an NFL one.

G_Man
08-27-2000, 09:27 AM
The NFL is alot diffrent then the college game guys. ALOTTTTTT, i agree ELVIS looks bad at times but compare him to a college QB is sad and means we are bored.

------------------
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!

redbrian
08-27-2000, 09:31 AM
It's not just Weinke. Vick and Brees also possess talent that is superior to Grbac's. Last year there were 4 or 5 QBs in the draft that the same could be said for. Grbac was an 8th round draft choice (undrafted FA in the current drafting system) for a reason.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

[This message has been edited by Clint in Wichita (edited 08-27-2000).]