PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Looked pretty damn good, Chiefs ????

AustinChief
08-26-2000, 11:26 PM
I know last night hurt for all of you. Brace yourselves, probably more of the same on the way. Broncos on the other hand looked like a mid season playoff contender. If nobody responds to this post, I will understand.

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2000, 11:35 PM
You might be able to beat us if you can stop us from running all over your team, which I don't think you D improved this offseason, so we will see how much bragging your doing later in the year.

Joe Seahawk
08-26-2000, 11:35 PM
when the chiefs start playing well and denver starts sucking come back here and talk then. preseason doesn't mean a thing.

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

King_Chief_Fan
08-26-2000, 11:44 PM
Ya, your preseason games were against playoff teams...Arizona, Green Bay...didn't that offense average SEVEN yards a carry against your D..?

Baby Lee
08-27-2000, 03:36 AM
Yes the Bronc's looked pretty good in preseason. But the season starts next week and it's a whole new ball game. Granted the Chiefs haven't shown much to date and certainly don't look like their ready to take on the Little Sisters of the Poor, Much less the Colts. But I think Gun's pulling one of the years best con jobs. And the real Kansas City Chiefs will reveal themselves next Sunday. Lets hope I'm right or this will be one long season.

Dartgod
08-27-2000, 08:52 AM
Whoa there Nellie Belle,
What Bronco games were you watching? Sure they won 4 preaseason games, but who did they play and what did the first string do? Neck and neck with AZ, Dallas, and SF. Defense is weak against the run and pretty suspect against the pass. Be hopefull but realistic. With your weak schedule your looking at 8-8, or at best 9-7.

CapnRon
Pinning the tail on the Donkeys

alanm
08-27-2000, 09:57 AM
BroncoFan-

More of the same might be in store for us. That is what is so frustrating about Guntherís evaluation approach to preseason. We have no idea what our team is capable of accomplishing.

Can we crush QBs with our front four?
Can we tackle?
Will we truly open up the Offense?
Will we use Cloud as our featured HB?

Lots of questions that will not be answered until the regular season starts.

From a fan perspective, the Denver coaching staff provided you Bronco fans with a much better preseason than ours. I often wonder why any Chiefs fan would bother paying the $$$ to attend a Chiefs preseason game. Pay good money to watch your team make no attempt whatsoever to win? Iím too frugal for that.

Thank goodness the season is about to start. Then the questions about our suckage factor will finally be answered.

xoxo~
gaz
having trouble dealing with the suspense.<BR>

alanm
08-27-2000, 10:00 AM
BroncoFan-

As far as looking like a mid-season playoff contender is concerned, you could be right. You played NFL scrub teams in preseason and you play NFL scrub teams in the regular season. You should take full advantage of your creampuff nonconference schedule. If the AFC West teams beat each other up as I expect, you might well ride those scrubs right into the championship.

xoxo~
gaz
preparing himself for the worst.<BR>