PDA

View Full Version : I don't normally post topics, but.....

ddpatterson
08-27-2000, 01:39 PM
.....I just watched the Jag game, and I have a couple of observations I'd like some feedback on.
1.The only time that Grbac and Collins looked not only effective (Grbac's 3rd down mental blunder aside), but comfortable as well, in the passing game, was in the 2 minute drill. I believe that there are 2 reasons.
The first is obviously that the Jags went to the prevent defense. The second is that it was the only times in the game that the Chiefs attacked the defense through the air aggressively. The only other time the Chiefs attacked the defense aggressively, both in the air, and on the ground, in this preseason was against the Titans in the first series.
2.Lew Bush should not be taken out of he game on passing downs. There were 2 second down plays in the game that the Jag QB passed the ball in the flat to the RB, and Bush was there to make the play. On both plays, the RB took his eyes off the ball and dropped the pass because he was looking to make a move on Bush before he had the ball.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

ddpatterson
08-27-2000, 01:44 PM
After watchig this game I still think that the Chiefs have the talent on the field to post a 10-6 season. the question remains, however, is that enough talent to overcome the terrible coaching.

------------------

Red Eyes

King_Chief_Fan
08-27-2000, 01:48 PM
This is the first time in a long time that I'm really wondering how good we will be...We are playing more younger players in one season than Marty ever did. I like that! You have to take risks..That's when lightening strikes!

ddpatterson
08-27-2000, 01:54 PM
stevieray,
I've been a long time proponent of youth. I would really like to see the Chiefs cut Dishman today, and let Warfield, Bartee, and Dennis grow into the secondary that they will become during the season. I have been impressed with Bartee's ability to learn from his mistakes thus far, and his atleticism. I also think that Dennis was a very good 5th round selection.

------------------

Red Eyes

htismaqe
08-27-2000, 02:56 PM
Milkman,

I totally agree with you about Lew Bush.

He will be our secret weapon against Indy.

I don't think we've seen in preseason the true face (or nature) of our team.

Luz
very excited about the indy game...