PDA

View Full Version : Official Laker-Hater Championship thread. Whining encouraged!!

Pages : [1] 2

California Injun
04-16-2003, 11:26 PM
Leave it to the JailBlazers to tank their game against the lowly Clippers to avoid meeting the San Antonio Spurs in their bracket.

Leave it to the 3-Time Champs to exude class by whomping up on the lowly Warriors to secure the #5 seed and eventually match-up with the Spurs in the next round.

That "whoosh" you hear is from the Cowtown Euros as they get a cakewalk to the Western Finals by playing the Utah Greybeards and then the defenseless Cuban Cigars.

The Staples Crew will EASILY dispatch those toothless T-Cubs before a BIG match-up against the Boot Accessorizors. This will be a huge test for the Champs but they will eventually prevail before the long awaited match-up with the Farmers.

Once past the Spurs, the Lakers will throttle the Kings and send that franchise reeling. Rumor has it that Brittney Spears is already scoping out Mark Madsen for a date to the NBA Finals.

Unlike the Detroit Red Wings complete choke job in this years NHL Finals, the Big Aristolte has his crew all primed for a Quatro.

Long live the Lakers dynasty and their loyal fans.

Long live the venomous hatred of those unfortunate souls who continue to slander this great organization.

As Kobe said tonight in the post game interview;

"It's time to dance, baby!":toast:

Logical
04-16-2003, 11:29 PM
I was really looking forward to smacking around the Mav then maybe the Kings. Guess we will have to settle for the Wolves and the Spurs before we kick the Euros on their azz.

Rausch
04-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Are the Jazz even going to make the playoffs?

Bearcat
04-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Don't forget to post your Ducks thread for Russ ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
04-16-2003, 11:31 PM
The Lakers are gonna win it again. As long as Shaq and Kobe are healthy no one can stop them. If they don't, you can change my name to Oprah. And that won't be happening.

KcMizzou
04-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Cody
The Lakers are gonna win it again. As long as Shaq and Kobe are healthy no one can stop them. If they don't, you can change my name to Oprah. And that won't be happening. somebody make sure Phob sees this....

I just became a Spurs fan....

Chiefs Pantalones
04-16-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by KcMizzou
somebody make sure Phob sees this....

I just became a Spurs fan....

I'm pretty confident that the Lakers will do it again. Even without homecourt.

|Zach|
04-16-2003, 11:35 PM
Nothing like talking shit from your oh so powerful 5th seed pedestal. You can because you have the rings but this year you won't do it. Sorry guys. Only time will make this post of mine became real. You had a nice run but sadly its done.

:toast: <----To the new Non-Laker Champs: TBA

Logical
04-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ZachKC
Nothing like talking shit from your oh so powerful 5th seed pedestal. You can because you have the rings but this year you won't do it. Sorry guys. Only time will make this post of mine became real. You had a nice run but sadly its done.

:toast: <----To the new Non-Laker Champs: TBA

ROFL ROFL ROFL Pathetic smaq my friend.:LOL:

California Injun
04-16-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Logical
I was really looking forward to smacking around the Mav then maybe the Kings. Guess we will have to settle for the Wolves and the Spurs before we kick the Euros on their azz.

I was watching both games tonight on NBA League Pass and it was VERY evident that the Blazers were tanking this game. Part of me wanted to see the Lakers do the same thing but I thought;

"Screw that. We'll get the Spurs either way so might as well slap around the Wolves to get in a good rhythm."

I really like Phoenix and their speed/agility against the Spurs. This could be a sleeper upset if San Antonio looks past them towards the Lakers.

Dallas will gain some confidence with Portland and the Kings get the bye against Utah.

Kobe joins Elgin and Jerry as only Laker to average 30 points a season.

KcMizzou
04-16-2003, 11:39 PM

I'm pretty confident that the Lakers will do it again. Even without homecourt. I hear ya.... *ahem* "Suzy"

|Zach|
04-16-2003, 11:40 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL Pathetic smaq my friend.:LOL:

Ya I stop short of calling it smaq. Basketball really isn't my game especilly NBA. Just count on it nevertheless. The Lake Show is done.

:D

California Injun
04-16-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ZachKC

Ya I stop short of calling it smaq. Basketball really isn't my game especilly NBA. Just count on it nevertheless. The Lake Show is done.

The Lakers fans appreciate the hatred. It only adds fuel to our destiny.

You've got time (and 4 series to watch) before capitulating to the inevitable.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-16-2003, 11:46 PM
The first round is seven games, right? If so, the Wolves don't have a shot.

I like it that they are having all of the series, seven games. That will make training camp for the Chiefs get here that much faster. It'll be mid to late June by the time the whole thing is over with...then football comes shortly after.

AJKCFAN
04-16-2003, 11:47 PM
Thanks a lot Clippers!

Drinks are on the house from your friendly neighbors up north...
:toast:

Winners Tonight (West, anyone who wishes to post on the East, be my guest... I am calling for Detroit's spring to be doubly miserable (Red Wings, Pistons) and can easily see Orlando knock out the Pistons):

1) Dallas: avoid Lakers in Round 1 (and Round 2 for that matter). Also, clinched home court advantage over the Kings in an "expected" 2nd Round Matchup.

2) Sacramento: Wanted to see the Kings beat the Jazz, the Spurs beat the Mavs, the Lakers beat the Warriors, and the Clippers beat the Blazers. If I were told 3 of the 4 would happen, I'd say the Clippers would lose and the Lakers would be on our side of the bracket... good thing I was wrong! It is NOT automatic the Kings will be back in the Western Conference Finals. Utah plays them tough, but I do think the Kings advance (despite Harpring and Kirilenko stepping up). Now, Dallas showed in the final regular season game vs the Kings n Arco they can win and having home court (they will dispatch the Blazers in no more than 6 games) could be imposing. Still, the Kings are the odds on favorite to be the team which survives the Mavs-Kings-Blazers-Jazz side of the bracket...

Losers Tonight:

1) T'Wolves: I really feel bad for them. In less than 3 hours, the euphoria of having home court vs the Blazers (which would have seen the T'Wolves advance to the 2nd Round for the first time ever) was replaced by the utter disappointment of the Lakers being their opponent. The Clippers will get 4 ass whuppings by Minnesota next year for not laying down. The T'Wolves season ended tonight.

2) Spurs: Could've coasted into the Western Conference Finals with the Suns, then Wolves/Blazers winner. Now, the Suns will lose to the Spurs, but they can and should win 2 games, if not more. And then the Lakers.... should be a brutal slugfest. Spurs' steamroll just ran out with tonight's events.

3) Suns: Sure, even though they won't beat the Spurs, now their road to the NBA Finals includes the Spurs, then the Lakers, then the Mavs or Kings. If they were in the East, they could make it to the Finals. Shoot, if the Rockets were in the East they might make it to the Finals too.

4) Blazers: They just went from a very winnable series vs the Wolves to a near impossible matchup vs Dallas. Another 1st round exit now awaits.

--------

Unchanged:

1) Lakers: they're the champs and as such, it need not matter which side of the bracket they were on. They should be favored vs the Mavs, the Kings, and even the Spurs.

2) Jazz: they were to face the Kings anyway, regardless of what happened tonight. You could argue they were winners because the Lakers left the bracket and the Blazers now reside here. Although, for the Jazz to make it to the Western Conference Finals, they need to beat the 59 win Kings and likely, the 60 win Mavs. Not exactly an easy route, even without the Lakers there.

|Zach|
04-16-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by California Injun

The Lakers fans appreciate the hatred. It only adds fuel to our destiny.

You've got time (and 4 series to watch) before capitulating to the inevitable.

I have very little exposure to Laker Fans...except when I saw this thing on ESPN they were doing a piece on one of those parades the team has after they win the title. There were tons of people the reporter asked a guy in the crowd his thoughts and he proclaimed that "LA was sports center of the universe and that it doesn't get any better than right here if you are a sports fan." The reporter looked at him and actully said "But, you dont have an NFL team." He just looked into the camera like a deer in headlights. Made me chuckle. Anyway I trust that it was a very bad representation of the Laker fan base. I guess your quote just got me thinking. :)

AJKCFAN
04-16-2003, 11:54 PM
And, BTW, Lakers fans (especially you, Cal....)

Remember, I was here after Kings-Lakers last year to take my lumps. Didn't duck nobody.

Should the Lakers get bounced out of the playoffs, you better not pull a Packfan and disappear for days on end....

California Injun
04-17-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by AJKCFAN
And, BTW, Lakers fans (especially you, Cal....)

Remember, I was here after Kings-Lakers last year to take my lumps. Didn't duck nobody.

Should the Lakers get bounced out of the playoffs, you better not pull a Packfan and disappear for days on end....

You mean like Russ and his Wings?:rolleyes:

My neck has been extended to great lengths this past 3 years pimping the Lake Show and fortunately they have come through. All it takes is one team to crank out 4 wins and smack Armageddon will be released.

I just cannot see any team taking 4 games from Shaq and Kobe when they have their play-off faces on. If it happens, then they will get nothing but props from this Laker fan....

....except if it is those Cowtown Euros with all those Hepatitis C tattoos on their bodies!!!!:p

Logical
04-17-2003, 12:26 AM
AJKCFAN

:toast: Excellent analysis man, seriously well done. I promise to be here Win or Lose but I really feel little need to worry. Short of some sort of total family disaster in the birth of Shaqs child (God forbid, and I am sure not even an ardent Laker hater would wish that) I think the Lakers will have one of their most interesting run to the finals in years.

California Injun
04-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Jim,

If the Lakers/Kings match up again you should try to make it up to Arco for one of the games. Their hatred for the Lakers is like no other.

My only problem is the two games I went to resulted in losses (their only two on the road in the 3peat run)

Gotta start saving the pennies, nickels, quarters, and Benjamins for this series. Last year's run cost me $650....

.... but it was PRICELESS!!!!!!:thumb:

KcMizzou
04-17-2003, 12:42 AM
I'm a (very) casual Pacers fan... I guess they've got the 4th seed in the east. But man... nobody in the east has a prayer. Is there another pro sports league as imbalanced as the NBA? Seems like it's been that way for years too...

California Injun
04-17-2003, 12:46 AM
Mizzou,

The Pacers actually moved into the #3 seed and get those pathetic arc shooting Celtics in Round One.

Next up after the Leprachauns are the Nets.

KcMizzou
04-17-2003, 12:49 AM
Mizzou,

The Pacers actually moved into the #3 seed and get those pathetic arc shooting Celtics in Round One.

Next up after the Leprachauns are the Nets. sweet... thanks for the info. Maybe I'll get to catch a few games during the play-offs.

KcMizzou
04-17-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by KcMizzou
sweet... thanks for the info. Maybe I'll get to catch a few games during the play-offs. if nothin' else maybe I'll get to watch 'em smack a former Jayhawk around ;)

Mojo Rising
04-17-2003, 02:01 AM
I went to the game tonight and was shocked at how good I could see despite sitting near the rafters.

Kobe, Shaq and Arenas were all awesome. Warrior games are fun because of how hard they work to make you have a good time.

During every timeout there were guys running out and throwing freebies into the stands and keeping the crowd in the game.

Their motto all year has been "It's a Great time out." (Not Quatrro)

Royals could learn a lot (bad product, good marketing.) Keep in mind that averages do settle in BB ( as they say water finds it's true level.)

Kobe and Shaq were amazing to see live.

Saggysack
04-17-2003, 02:12 AM
Maybe it's just me but I never went to a game where the freebies were what kept me in my seat.

Hell I go to any game I am happy with just a ticket and a coke. I definately don't need any bobbleheads, mini basketballs or footballs, mini bats, logoed frisbees, or t-shirts.

SNR
04-17-2003, 06:44 AM
Your Lakers gotta get past my Timberwolves first. In Minnesota.

California Injun
04-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by SNR
Your Lakers gotta get past my Timberwolves first. In Minnesota.

Speaking of "firsts", when was the last time the T-Cubs made it out of that round in the play-offs?

DJay23
04-19-2003, 07:01 AM
ZZZ

I'd rather watch the world speed knitting championships.

What's with all the silly nicknames for every team. You sound like this dude I knew in high school that was totally obsessed with the NBA. Needless to say he was picked on a lot.

steve_minor
04-19-2003, 08:11 AM
Who cares when the T-wolves advanced last, the have never. But if you use that as an example no one could. The Lakers went many years without advancing..a long time ago, but that argument is invalid. Yes the T-wolves don't match up against the lakers that well. Yes Shaq gets a unfair amount of calls his way in the playoffs. Yes Kobe is scoring more than he ever has.

But!!!

KG had his MVP season this year, and he will not settle for a first round loss. People who think the have seen KG's heart, will be shocked when they see his play and ability to rally his team!!!

Go Timberwolves

Twolves in 6!!!!

SNR
04-19-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by steve_minor
Who cares when the T-wolves advanced last, the have never. But if you use that as an example no one could. The Lakers went many years without advancing..a long time ago, but that argument is invalid. Yes the T-wolves don't match up against the lakers that well. Yes Shaq gets a unfair amount of calls his way in the playoffs. Yes Kobe is scoring more than he ever has.

But!!!

KG had his MVP season this year, and he will not settle for a first round loss. People who think the have seen KG's heart, will be shocked when they see his play and ability to rally his team!!!

Go Timberwolves

Twolves in 6!!!! Well said :toast:
Many people are doubting the T-Wolves again this year and they have the right to. I guess that just means we'll have to prove them wrong, and there's never been a better time.

GO WOLVES!!

SNR
04-19-2003, 11:22 AM
KG Does It All

by Troy Young

In a league where players often speak before they think, Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett bit his lip.

While fans and media howled, and some Timberwolves management hinted they needed to be the beneficiary of even more from the team's lone superstar, Garnett stood tall but silent, and accepted the newfound role of being the dartboard of criticism.

Garnett could have lashed out through the newspapers. In other cities, NBA superstars might have called a press conference and begun firing verbal missiles in all directions at teammates, team management, reporters and even fans. In other cities, if a player gets criticized too "harshly" he exercises a bunker-down mentality that makes him Public Enemy No. 1.

From a public relations standpoint, Garnett had myriad options.

But in the offseason, Garnett worked on what he could control himself and through his silence showed an allegiance and never-ending faithfulness rarely seen in all of professional sports.

"At the end of the year, when they start pointing fingers, it's always going to be pointed at me first. I don't have a problem with that," Garnett said. "I've heard all those things before. At the end of the year, things go bad and they say, 'Kevin Garnett ain't doing blah, blah, blah.' It's very unfair. But like I've said, you control the things you can and not the stuff you can't."

Garnett couldn't control what was being said about himself and the Timberwolves, but he could have responded. Garnett is the top reason the Wolves are in the postseason every year. Ironically, when they were eliminated in the first round, he became the most convenient excuse for why they didn't move on.

But last spring the criticism took on a deeper tone. Last spring, when Garnett and the Wolves were ousted from the first round of the playoffs for the sixth consecutive season, people began to wonder aloud whether the Wolves were better off with or without Garnett.

The economic factor kicked in. The business side of sports always weighs heavily on most personnel decisions. Garnett could not do it alone, analysts said. But with his enormous salary, the team could ill afford to sign another superstar. Bottom line: Could the Wolves go deep into the playoffs with or without Garnett?

It was more a question of business and economics than an indictment on Garnett's ability. Still, for the first time since he came to Minnesota from Farragut Academy, people wondered if Garnett was a sail or an anchor.

"It did bother me," Garnett admitted. "Some of the criticism was in-house and some of it was coming from management, and I thought that was tough. When things aren't going great, you have to stick together, so I took it very personal."

KG Among NBA Leaders
Through Feb. 4
#1 Double-doubles (39)
#1 Efficiency Ranking (30.37)
#2 Defensive Reb. Per Game (10.1)
#2 Triple-doubles (3)
#3 Rebounds Per Game (12.8)
#11 Minutes Per Game (40.6)
#14 Points Per Game (22.0)
#14 FG Percentage (.488)
#16 Assists Per Game (5.7)
#20 Blocks Per Game (1.51)

While other superstar athletes have crumbled in their communities, Garnett has not. While some professional athletes see their name frequent police reports almost as often as the morning newspaper's box scores, Garnett stays clean. He does that because he feels a responsibility not only to the Timberwolves organization and its fans, but the entire community.

It's a rare attitude for an athlete, especially one who had no ties to the community before he came here to play basketball.

"I feel like this city is mine and I wear Minneapolis on my sleeve," Garnett said. "I don't mind being the poster boy for the Twin Cities I like that but I don't like when you take shots that are inappropriate. I think you should always evaluate yourself in the mirror first."

That's what made the criticism last spring sting.

Admittedly, Garnett could improve on aspects of his game. In some ways, he has this season. Just watch his post-up moves underneath. Some of the new weapons Garnett added to his offensive arsenal are triggered by footwork reminiscent of a certain Boston Celtics forward who grew up in Hibbing, Minn. But what may have annoyed Garnett most was that some even dared to question his desire.

"I took it very, very, very personal because I work very hard," Garnett said.

In the offseason, Garnett focused on improving his game, and it shows. On Sunday, Garnett will play in his sixth career All-Star Game, his fifth as a starter as voted by fans. He is averaging career-high rebounds and assists and has led the team in scoring 36 times, rebounding 38 times and assists 18 times. To go along with his NBA-leading 39 double-doubles, Garnett has three triple-doubles and several near-misses this season. He tied his own team record with 24 rebounds and set a franchise mark with 19 defensive boards Nov. 7 vs. Milwaukee. On Opening Night, Garnett scored his 10,000th career point; he followed that with his 11,000th point last Thursday at Dallas.

The Timberwolves should consider themselves fortunate. In Garnett, they not only possess one of the game's elite, but a player who is devoted to the cause. For better or for worse, Garnett insists, he will be a Timberwolf.

"My mom's a big, big, big loyalty person and she stressed loyalty to people who've been loyal to you," Garnett said. "I've got loyal friends. I've been burned a couple times, but you learn from that. I think my support group I have around me is very solid and great. It's not something you take for granted. You surround yourself with loyal people and it spreads."

At the All-Star break, the NBA's unofficial halfway point, the Wolves hold the fifth spot in the Western Conference. Kendall Gill, Troy Hudson and Rod Strickland have been pleasant surprises, and without them, the ship might have sunk. But Garnett is quietly having perhaps the best season of his career.

"I wouldn't trade him for anybody in this league," NBA analyst Trent Tucker said on a Wolves postgame radio show. "He's the most versatile player in the league. He plays every single night with 100 percent energy. Kevin Garnett will give you an honest effort every night. And you also have a guy who, on the defensive end, can do so many things.

"He's a 10-position player. On offense, he can play all five, and he can defend all five positions. In my mind, I wouldn't trade Kevin Garnett for anybody in the league, not even Shaq."

"I control what I can," Garnett said. "I come out and focus on me and the guys. I love everybody in this (locker) room.

"Do I need to be more aggressive? Yeah, I think so. But I think I'm doing okay."

Hydrae
04-19-2003, 11:59 AM
I feel badly for the T-Wolves. They had a very good shot at advancing until my Blazers took a dive against the (gasp) Clippers. They just need to get better support for KG.

As for my Blazers, although Mo has done a decent job of getting this team to play together, I just don't see them getting past the Mavs. All the talent in the world but they can't get it together. And to think, Pippen thought he should get more credit for the Bulls run. :rolleyes:

Lakers, on the other hand, will not even make the conference finals. Sorry but the Spurs will take them out in 6 in the second round. Bank on it.

My take on the Western Conference finals: Kings/Spurs with the Spurs taking a championship to end the Admirals career.

Logical
04-19-2003, 12:18 PM
ROFL Twolves
ROFL Euros

Oh and you are wrong on the Lakers having trouble advancing. All the way back to their days as the Minnesota Lakers they have been able to make the Championship Series in fact the Minnesota Lakers won the first of the many, many Laker NBA championship. The Lakers were frequently the Celtics opponents in the 60s in the Championship round. Sorry Mr Minor I do not know where you got your bad information from. In fact they won the first of their 14 NBA championship in the 48-49 season. By the way 1948/49 was their very first NBA season There is a reason the Lakers have been in 27 Championship in theire 55 year history consistency and the ability to move on.

Just to correct the record the Lakers firrst five NBA titles were

48/49
49/50
51/52
52/53
53/54

thats right they won 5 titles out of their first 6 NBA seasons.

So you want to tell me again

Originally posted by steve_minor...
But if you use that as an example no one could. The Lakers went many years without advancing..a long time ago, but that argument is invalid.

Logical
Laker lover and BB Laker historian

For more detailed information go to http://www.nba.com/lakers/history/history.html

steve_minor
04-19-2003, 12:54 PM
I stand corrected, but you missed my point completely. First its sad that you put that much time into a response, second my point was only to say if a team has lost in the first round, that does not mean they will instantly lose forever, otherwise teams would never advance.

I can't wait till the Wolves win and you Laker Fans will shut up!!

I love the Chiefs, but if we won 3 Super Bowls in a row I hope I don't turn out to be like a Lakers fan :p

Go Wolves!!! :D

Logical
04-19-2003, 01:00 PM
I stand corrected, but you missed my point completely. First its sad that you put that much time into a response, second my point was only to say if a team has lost in the first round, that does not mean they will instantly lose forever, otherwise teams would never advance.

I can't wait till the Wolves win and you Laker Fans will shut up!!

I love the Chiefs, but if we won 3 Super Bowls in a row I hope I don't turn out to be like a Lakers fan :p

Go Wolves!!! :D

First the respone did not take that much time as I know most of that stuff and I have the site bookmarked for Lakers history. So no big deal. I am fortunate to have seen a couple of Chiefs AFL championships and their two Superbowls so I do not think there is a correlation between my love of the Lakers and their championship as I have ridden out the bad times with the Chiefs as well as the great times.

steve_minor
04-19-2003, 01:40 PM
Hey we both love our teams!!! In the end thats all that matters!!

:toast: Twolves over the Lakers:toast:

Logical
04-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Hey we both love our teams!!! In the end thats all that matters!!

:toast: Twolves over the Lakers:toast:

The key for you is whether Garnett disappears in the playoffs and if you can find anyone to at least slow down the diesel.

On slowing down the diesel you have no hope, so you really need Garnett to not only not dissappear but to step it up.

WilliamTheIrish
04-19-2003, 01:47 PM
................. Even though I didn't participate in last years hating thread?

To be honest I do in fact hate the Lakers... so ... if there's room....
can I get a seat on the hatewagon???

Logical
04-19-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by WilliamTheIrish
................. Even though I didn't participate in last years hating thread?

To be honest I do in fact hate the Lakers... so ... if there's room....
can I get a seat on the hatewagon???

Well what are your qualifications as a Lakers lover we do not want to see people who will willy nillly hop on board as haters.;)

WilliamTheIrish
04-19-2003, 02:01 PM

Well what are your qualifications as a Lakers lover we do not want to see people who will willy nillly hop on board as haters.;)

... Since the loss of the Kings I've had no NBA team to call my own.
Being an Irish kinda fellow I hooked up at one point with the Celts. Keep in mind that I follwed the Celtics as kid before we had the Kings here in the area.
They had Cowens, and Havlicek, and Cheney and I even found some goodness in my heart for that KU guy Jo Jo White.
(For all the Jhoax out there I'm still happy he stepped on the out of bound line in the 66 West Regional vs UTEP)
But now I wander aimlessly through the NBA season, just waiting to hop upon a hatewagon that one day will be big enough to crash the Lakers party.
Also, I hated Magic (as a player) and Byron Scott. Michael Thompson?? Hated him. Wes Matthews... why that ssniveling little coward... X Man shoulda strangled him for real.
Like Norm Nixon. And Kareem.

Do I qualify?? Huh? Please???

Logical
04-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by WilliamTheIrish

... Since the loss of the Kings I've had no NBA team to call my own.
Being an Irish kinda fellow I hooked up at one point with the Celts. Keep in mind that I follwed the Celtics as kid before we had the Kings here in the area.
They had Cowens, and Havlicek, and Cheney and I even found some goodness in my heart for that KU guy Jo Jo White.
(For all the Jhoax out there I'm still happy he stepped on the out of bound line in the 66 West Regional vs UTEP)
But now I wander aimlessly through the NBA season, just waiting to hop upon a hatewagon that one day will be big enough to crash the Lakers party.
Also, I hated Magic (as a player) and Byron Scott. Michael Thompson?? Hated him. Wes Matthews... why that ssniveling little coward... X Man shoulda strangled him for real.
Like Norm Nixon. And Kareem.

Do I qualify?? Huh? Please???

Say no more, say no more, a Celtics lover from any era is an Automatic entry onto the haterwagon.

California Injun
04-21-2003, 11:24 AM
Hot Damn!!!!!!!

The Lakers complete domination of the T-Cubs temporarily left me speechless last night. (That and the fact my employer screwed me over by mandating an OT):cuss:

So I adroitly set up the VCR to catch the action late last night and WHOA!!!! The Staples Center Crew became possessed and just killed the poor bastards from Minneapolis.

It looks like D-Fish has regained his nasty touch from the arc.

Rick Fox nailing threes? Stop the presses!!!!!

Gotta love Madsen getting "busy" with those bruisers underneath despite the horrid Hulk Hogan takedown by those frustrated canines.

Kobe and Shaq? (heh-heh)

Anyone notice the defensive intensity displayed by Los Angeles? It's the play-offs so everything is coming together.

As for that anticipated match-up against San Antonio? Seems they are getting another case of "Spur-itis" down the stretch with those missed FTs.

Speaking of the team that misses FTs down the stretch.....

Seems those pesky NoCal Farmers are struggling (AGAIN!) against the over-matched Jazz. Leave it to the local fish wrap (i.e. Sacramento Bee) to rationalize the Kings latest effort.

The media likes the fact that the Kings will get "bruised and battered" early to prepare them for future match-ups in the play-offs. "The Utah series in 2002 primed the Kings for their epic 7 game series against the Lakers".

15 more wins and the Lakers trophy case gets another piece of hardware........

Chief Faithful
04-21-2003, 11:43 AM
It will be interesting to see if the Lakers can beat the Kings on the court this year. We have already seen how the refs can give it to the Lakers based on reputation alone. The Kings beat the Lakers on the court last year and can do it again this year.

The real mystery is whether or not the Lakers can beat the Spurs.

Where else besides the NBA can you find such a dominate player that doesn't move his feet and can't pass or shoot (Shaq). As I tell my son, "Shaq is worthless beyond 5 feet." If the refs inforce the 3 second rule then the Lakers would not make the playoffs much less win a championship.

So what does the league do in response to Shaq's lack of game? They create the "Shaq Zone" where there is no charging foul. No problem for the Phil Jackson genius. Just place Shaq on step from the Shaq Zone and let him dunk the ball on every play.

California Injun
04-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Chief Faithful
It will be interesting to see if the Lakers can beat the Kings on the court this year. We have already seen how the refs can give it to the Lakers based on reputation alone. The Kings beat the Lakers on the court last year and can do it again this year.

The real mystery is whether or not the Lakers can beat the Spurs.

Where else besides the NBA can you find such a dominate player that doesn't move his feet and can't pass or shoot (Shaq). As I tell my son, "Shaq is worthless beyond 5 feet." If the refs inforce the 3 second rule then the Lakers would not make the playoffs much less win a championship.

So what does the league do in response to Shaq's lack of game? They create the "Shaq Zone" where there is no charging foul. No problem for the Phil Jackson genius. Just place Shaq on step from the Shaq Zone and let him dunk the ball on every play.

This is some excellent Laker-hater stuff!!!:toast:

I really love how a majority of the Kings (players, fans, media) feel entitled to boast how the NBA, referees, and the planets alignment all conspired to take the Championship away from the annoited Kings.

Here's some simple stats....

Game #1 - Kings got torn up on their own floor.

Game #4 - Kings BLEW a 24 point lead ("Horry for 3.... YES!!")

Game #7 - Kings blew FTs down the stretch AT HOME!!!

Was Game #6 slanted in the Lakers favor? Say hello to Home Court advantage. The Kings shoulda NEVER put themselves in that position to get screwed (if that is your opinion).

But guess what the Lakers did with those calls? Uh, they MADE the FTs?

As for enforcing the 3 second rule?

When the refs start calling;

A- Travelling
B- Palming (or carrying over)
C- Lane violations on FTs
D- Flagrant fouls (i.e. just about every time Shaq shoots)

THEN you can whine about the Diesel camping out in the key.

And instead of typing "Phil Jackson genius" each time, just shorten the keystrokes and hit;

ZENMASTER!!!!!!!
;)

KCTitus
04-21-2003, 12:04 PM
All these laker haters are so jealous. They just need to admit the dominance of the shaq and kobe team and realize that they will win every title from now until they reach the age of 49 when they mercifully retire and leave the NBA to someone else.

As a fan of the lakers since 1923, this is by far the best team Ive ever seen--on for the 10 peat or as long as David Stern will allow the lakers to continue taking the trophy.

Whoo Hoo!

California Injun
04-21-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by KCTitus
All these laker haters are so jealous. They just need to admit the dominance of the shaq and kobe team and realize that they will win every title from now until they reach the age of 49 when they mercifully retire and leave the NBA to someone else.

Whoo Hoo!

Age of 49?

Aren't we being a little bit conservative?:p

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2003, 12:49 PM
CI,

For anyone to take a crack at Phil is beyond ridiculous. The zenmaster has won 27 straight playoff series in a row. Taking shots at Shaq is equally pathetic especially when your center is Vladeflop.

Baby Lee
04-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by BIG_DADDY
Taking shots at Shaq is equally pathetic especially when your center is Vladeflop.
Psi affectionately calls him floppydong, . . . or something like that. ROFL ROFL

KCTitus
04-21-2003, 01:02 PM
It's hard to imagine as a 'long time' Lakers fan, since 1923, that I actually rooted for Divac when he played for the beloved lakers. I can excuse some for forgetting that fact, it was after all, about 10 years ago.

picasso
04-21-2003, 01:20 PM

You Laker fans crack me up. You beat up on a Minnesota team that doesn't have anyone but Zerbi-hack to defend against Kobe(That's a joke), nobody to defend against Shaq (except for a big pasty white boy that looked like he cried the whole game) and an overrated Garnett that they have tried to build around that realistically they can't build around, wont be able to build around and more than likely will be leaving that team in the next 2 years.

Go ahead and gloat over one win Laker fans. A win that you almost lost grasp of in the 3rd period.

The Kings will take care of ya soon enough.

I am still loyal to my Kansas City Kings.

PEACE!!!

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2003, 01:21 PM
Titus,

I never liked Vladeflop even when he was on the Lakers. At least when he flopped back then the Lakers would would yell at him and tell him to stick up for himself instead of pathetically crying the entire game with him.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2003, 01:30 PM
picasso,

That's the 3 time defending world champions to you Mr. I guess you forgot about the Lakers last game against the Queens as well.

Baby wrote:floppydong Your a clown.ROFL

SNR
04-21-2003, 01:34 PM
You guys are a little confident, maybe a little TOO confident.

There's a lot of basketball left to be played

Chief Faithful
04-21-2003, 01:49 PM
No shot at Phil Jackson, he is smart enough to know how to win titles with Micheal Jordon and Kobe / Shaq. He was the one smart enough to know it the refs don't make the call then its not a foul. I like the way he will only coach teams that already have championship calibar talent. Reminds me of how Shannahan can win with Elway and Davis. Good work if you can get it.

It is true that the Kings had their chance to over-come the bad play calling to advance last year. To bad they need to do more then win on the court.

As for Shaq, no reason to develop skills you don't need. Just step in the Shaq Zone and dunk the ball. Great stuff, can't get enough watching him lower his shoulder and dunk the ball. Imagine how fun he would be to watch if he could do something else like dribble, shoot, pass or move his feet. His defense is especially enjoyable the way he will club and elbow the other team.

The only thing better then Shaq's game is his mouth. No game and no brain; true Laker pride.

At least Vladeflop has skill including the skill of flopping.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2003, 02:11 PM
CF wrote:At least Vladeflop has skill including the skill of flopping. ROFL

Dude, your doing a terrible job of defending the Queens, at least your making me laugh. :toast:

ROYC75
04-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Can't stand nomore........ say no to # 4!

Sorry Laker fans .......... not this year...... you have have had a good run.

Be back in a few weeks to rub it in !;)

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Roy,

THat sure was a chicken crap answer. Who is going to win then?
Don't tell me your a belly aching Queens fan too. :p

Logical
04-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by SNR
You guys are a little confident, maybe a little TOO confident.

There's a lot of basketball left to be played

Yes I would agree there are 12 more quarters and 3 more games to be played before we start smaqing around the next opponent.:D

Logical
04-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ROYC75
Can't stand nomore........ say no to # 4!

Sorry Laker fans .......... not this year...... you have have had a good run.

Be back in a few weeks to rub it in !;)

You must be under the mistaken impression that Roy Williams coaches the Lakers and that Jayhawks shoot our free throws.

ENDelt260
04-21-2003, 03:09 PM

You must be under the mistaken impression that Roy Williams coaches the Lakers and that Jayhawks shoot our free throws.

heh heh

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2003, 03:18 PM
I saved something for all you Queens fans.

ROYC75
04-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Roy,

THat sure was a chicken crap answer. Who is going to win then?
Don't tell me your a belly aching Queens fan too. :p

Yep ...... the Kings will win it !

But belly aching ? Hardly not, I don't care too much for pro basketball since the Kings left town.

ROYC75
04-21-2003, 04:41 PM

Nice try, the Lakers won't need no help this year........ they will blow it themselves.

Afterall, the Lakers were luckly last year the Kings stumbled .

It won't happen 2 years in a row like that.

AJKCFAN
04-21-2003, 06:27 PM
What a shocker here... Lakers fans stroking each other after winning Game 1 of the first round vs a team who has never come out of the first round.

Excuse me for interrupting this Lakers fans orgy, but if you're celebrating a very likely 1st Round sweep of the T'Wolves like it's the start of many easy, dominating playoff series wins this year.... :rolleyes: y'all need to get a grip (and not each other).

Yay, you beat Minnesota.

Hooray.

We'll see how far this bravado carries you when the calendar hits May and the opponents are likely the Spurs and likely the Kings/Mavs after that....

Now, I hope to see the Kings win tonight to go up 2-0, but if they do, don't expect me to go nuts. It's just the 1st round. And if they lose tonight, that will make it 5 for 5 the Kings could not hold homecourt in a playoff round through the first two games (they split in 2001 vs the Suns and split in 2002 vs the Jazz, Mavs, and Lakers with home court), so it won't be a shock to see them flat. But they do win on the road this time of year and we are the better team, so I just look at this series vs the Jazz as expected. We win... and afterwards react as though we were going to win.

OK, time for you Lakers fans to resume your stuffing of each other.... :p :p

Logical
04-21-2003, 06:33 PM
What a shocker here... Lakers fans stroking each other after winning Game 1 of the first round vs a team who has never come out of the first round.

Excuse me for interrupting this Lakers fans orgy, but if you're celebrating a very likely 1st Round sweep of the T'Wolves like it's the start of many easy, dominating playoff series wins this year.... :rolleyes: y'all need to get a grip (and not each other).

Yay, you beat Minnesota.

Hooray.

We'll see how far this bravado carries you when the calendar hits May and the opponents are likely the Spurs and likely the Kings/Mavs after that....

Now, I hope to see the Kings win tonight to go up 2-0, but if they do, don't expect me to go nuts. It's just the 1st round. And if they lose tonight, that will make it 5 for 5 the Kings could not hold homecourt in a playoff round through the first two games (they split in 2001 vs the Suns and split in 2002 vs the Jazz, Mavs, and Lakers with home court), so it won't be a shock to see them flat. But they do win on the road this time of year and we are the better team, so I just look at this series vs the Jazz as expected. We win... and afterwards react as though we were going to win.

OK, time for you Lakers fans to resume your stuffing of each other.... :p :p

At present we may not even have to face the Spurs or the KIngs, Spurs may be eliminated by the Suns and if the Utah game was any indication the Kings may not make it past them. Dominating win vs 4th seed vs loss of 1st seed to 8th seed at home and close game at home for the 2nd seed vs the 7th seed. Yes I would be talking if I was a fan of the past losers.

AJKCFAN
04-21-2003, 06:42 PM
Jim, c'mon... you state you're a Lakers historian.

OK, does 1993 ring a bell?

There, the Lakers, an 8 seed, won the first 2 games in Phoenix in a best of 5. The Suns would win the series in 5.

Spurs are down, but it's the first quarter.. Using that "logic", the Suns should be down 1-0, cause they were down 12 late in the 3rd quarter in Game 1.

As for the Kings winning ugly, the Jazz do that to teams, but a win is a win. Kinda like Game 6 or Game 7 last year in the Kings-Lakers series a year. You're saying the Lakers won pretty? :bong:

You'll say who cares? Lakers won, didn't they? Isn't that all what matters?

Exactly.

So why knock the win by the Kings? They won and didn't play anywhere close to their best (except Webber surprisingly).

That's why it's amusing to see Lakers fans grasp at straws from Saturday's close win by the Kings. Look up last year's 1st Round and you'll see the Kings win a 3 point win in Game 1 vs the Jazz, lose Game 2, and win by single digits in Games 3 and 4.

That REALLY made them play like crap a month later vs the Lakers, didn't it? You really kicked our arses but good a year ago... :rolleyes:

Logical
04-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Jim, c'mon... you state you're a Lakers historian.

OK, does 1993 ring a bell?

There, the Lakers, an 8 seed, won the first 2 games in Phoenix in a best of 5. The Suns would win the series in 5.

Spurs are down, but it's the first quarter.. Using that "logic", the Suns should be down 1-0, cause they were down 12 late in the 3rd quarter in Game 1.

As for the Kings winning ugly, the Jazz do that to teams, but a win is a win. Kinda like Game 6 or Game 7 last year in the Kings-Lakers series a year. You're saying the Lakers won pretty? :bong:

You'll say who cares? Lakers won, didn't they? Isn't that all what matters?

Exactly.

So why knock the win by the Kings? They won and didn't play anywhere close to their best (except Webber surprisingly).

That's why it's amusing to see Lakers fans grasp at straws from Saturday's close win by the Kings. Look up last year's 1st Round and you'll see the Kings win a 3 point win in Game 1 vs the Jazz, lose Game 2, and win by single digits in Games 3 and 4.

That REALLY made them play like crap a month later vs the Lakers, didn't it? You really kicked our arses but good a year ago... :rolleyes:

It is championship time and the Lakers finally had their game face on AJKCFAN, and that is what should have the rest of the NBA and the other fans worried. They went through the motions during the season to get here and they are turning it on again.

Big difference between last year and this year is the Diesel is healthy, god help the Admiral and Vladeflop now, cause their is no force on earth that will be able to do so.

SNR
04-21-2003, 06:49 PM

At present we may not even have to face the Spurs or the KIngs, Spurs may be eliminated by the Suns and if the Utah game was any indication the Kings may not make it past them. Dominating win vs 4th seed vs loss of 1st seed to 8th seed at home and close game at home for the 2nd seed vs the 7th seed. Yes I would be talking if I was a fan of the past losers. I could see the Jazz especially if Stockton/Malone want that ring, but definitely not the Suns. Spurs will beat them, I guarantee it.

Logical
04-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by SNR
I could see the Jazz especially if Stockton/Malone want that ring, but definitely not the Suns. Spurs will beat them, I guarantee it.

If I was you I would at least have held that guarantee until you see if Robinson plays the next game or not. Right now he is highly questionable for the game.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-21-2003, 06:55 PM
No one is gonna beat the Lakers 4 times in a series. What they did on Sunday was awesome. Minnesota seemed like they were intimidated from the start (even McCale looked scared in the stands). This series is over. The Wolves needed that victory on Sunday to get their confidence up, but the Lakers were and are too much...again, for every team. I'm keeping an eye on the Spurs vs. Suns series to see who the Lakers will play next.

You know who I wanna see make the finals in the east? Orlando. I would love to see Kobe and T-Mac go at it.

Ebolapox
04-21-2003, 06:59 PM
No one is gonna beat the Lakers 4 times in a series. What they did on Sunday was awesome. Minnesota seemed like they were intimidated from the start (even McCale looked scared in the stands). This series is over. The Wolves needed that victory on Sunday to get their confidence up, but the Lakers were and are too much...again, for every team. I'm keeping an eye on the Spurs vs. Suns series to see who the Lakers will play next.

You know who I wanna see make the finals in the east? Orlando. I would love to see Kobe and T-Mac go at it.

can you say bandwagon fan???

-EBOLA-:rolleyes:

Chiefs Pantalones
04-21-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by EBOLA

can you say bandwagon fan???

-EBOLA-:rolleyes:

Nope, I just know who's gonna win it. The Lakers. No one is going to stop them. I'm looking at it with no homer glasses on and it's obvious who's gonna win it. The only way somebody beats them is if Shaq and Kobe aren't healthy. I'm not putting a damper on any of these guys teams that we have on the BB because it's ok to be a fan and root and hope...but no one is stopping the Lakers....unless ENDelt hires a sniper to deal with Shaq.ROFL

AJKCFAN
04-21-2003, 07:10 PM

It is championship time and the Lakers finally had their game face on AJKCFAN, and that is what should have the rest of the NBA and the other fans worried. They went through the motions during the season to get here and they are turning it on again.

Big difference between last year and this year is the Diesel is healthy, god help the Admiral and Vladeflop now, cause their is no force on earth that will be able to do so.

If that's so, why did the Lakers need a miracle sequence 3 point shot, hometown referreeing and blatant chokejob by the Kings in Game 7 to advance in that series?

No force on earth could stop them? O.... K :rolleyes:

Logical
04-21-2003, 07:12 PM

If that's so, why did the Lakers need a miracle sequence 3 point shot, hometown referreeing and blatant chokejob by the Kings in Game 7 to advance in that series?

:rolleyes: Read the post again I am talking about the Lakers this year, not last year. Reference the Diesel being healthy etc.

AJKCFAN
04-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Cody, hate to break it to you, but the Lakers were gonna sweep Minnesota the moment they took the 5 seed from Portland.

Minnesota is only familiar with 1st Round defeats, to a whole host of teams, and has no ability to rely on any playoff series successes.

Feel bad for them. I really do. They thought all along they needed home court for a Portland series (which they would've won) and instead end up holding a big Laker broom.

If the Wolves somehow win 1 game, they may as well react like they won it all...

AJKCFAN
04-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Oh, so now the Lakers eeked a series win last year vs the Kings because Shaq was not 100%....

Yeah, that's it. That's why it was so close. :bong:

Funny that I had thought the reaction here after last year was one incredibly big sigh of relief; very little arrogance. Times change, don't they?

I only mention Webber and Peja not being 100% last year for the Lakers series because you had to mention Shaq being gimpy.

I will mention Kings added Keon Clark to help keep fresh bodies on Shaq, as well as Jimmy Jackson to help keep fresh bodies (and more offensive options than Christie) on Kobe.

Exactly what have the Lakers added to make them better this year than last?

Kobe's better this year, but it's not like he was atrocious last year. George is a bit better. Shaq is healthier. Madsen does more than cheerlead and dance... but where is the help to counter the problems the Kings exposed last year?

Logical
04-21-2003, 07:34 PM
Oh, so now the Lakers eeked a series win last year vs the Kings because Shaq was not 100%....

Yeah, that's it. That's why it was so close. :bong:

Funny that I had thought the reaction here after last year was one incredibly big sigh of relief; very little arrogance. Times change, don't they?

I only mention Webber and Peja not being 100% last year for the Lakers series because you had to mention Shaq being gimpy.

I will mention Kings added Keon Clark to help keep fresh bodies on Shaq, as well as Jimmy Jackson to help keep fresh bodies (and more offensive options than Christie) on Kobe.

Exactly what have the Lakers added to make them better this year than last?

Kobe's better this year, but it's not like he was atrocious last year. George is a bit better. Shaq is healthier. Madsen does more than cheerlead and dance... but where is the help to counter the problems the Kings exposed last year?

Well it certainly wasn't because the Kings are a championship caliber team.:evil:

AJKCFAN
04-21-2003, 07:39 PM

Well it certainly wasn't because the Kings are a championship caliber team.:evil:

We shall find out if this will "ring" true in two months time...

California Injun
04-21-2003, 10:47 PM

Auuugghhh!!!!

Good old fashioned Kings/Lakers smack and where was I?:banghead:

Adam,

Why did you call Game #4 a "miracle sequence 3 point shot" when the Kings BLATANTLY CHOKED away a 24 point lead?

And did you forget Game #2 and Game #5 "hometown referreeing" with regards to the number of early fouls on Kobe and Shaq? In fact, the Diesel was off to a monster performance in Game #5 before the zebras sent him to the bench with 3 fouls early in the 2nd quarter.

But I do understand your frustration with that series as that was the last time you saw them play in 2002.

Lakers fans only rehash that when it is harvest season for the Farmers. (i.e. play-offs).

And what do you think about the Suns wrestling with the Boot Accessorizors? All that planning to stay away from the Spurs bracket and now the Lakers get a bye into the Western Conference Finals?

San Antonio is getting a huge case of Spur-itis and needed a South American rookie to hit the big 3 down the stretch tonight to ice the game. They are playing really tight and Marbury is eating Parker's lunch. Duncan is fretting over FTs for chrissakes!!!!

MVP you ask? Pullleeezzeeee.....

AJKCFAN
04-21-2003, 11:38 PM

Adam,

Why did you call Game #4 a "miracle sequence 3 point shot" when the Kings BLATANTLY CHOKED away a 24 point lead?

Um, maybe because if the volleyballing of the loose ball doesn't go to Horry for the winning 3, no one would have said boo about the losing of a 24 point lead.

QUOTE]Originally posted by California Injun

And did you forget Game #2 and Game #5 "hometown referreeing" with regards to the number of early fouls on Kobe and Shaq? In fact, the Diesel was off to a monster performance in Game #5 before the zebras sent him to the bench with 3 fouls early in the 2nd quarter.

[/QUOTE]

The legend grows. First, you griped about Game 5 last year. Now, it's both Game 2 and Game 5. A spoiled cheeseburger did Kobe in a lot more so than the refs in Game 2.

But I do understand your frustration with that series as that was the last time you saw them play in 2002.

[/QUOTE]

Guess that means December 25, 2002 doesn't count.

Lakers fans only rehash that when it is harvest season for the Farmers. (i.e. play-offs).

[/QUOTE]

Guess again. Lakers fans are rehashing this because they know the Kings are coming and realize they better hope the Kings keep choking or there won't be anyone to save them. Not the Kings. Not the refs.

Celtics could only hold the Pistons back for so long.

Pistons could only hold the Bulls back for so long.

And the Lakers can only hold the Kings back for so long.

And what do you think about the Suns wrestling with the Boot Accessorizors? All that planning to stay away from the Spurs bracket and now the Lakers get a bye into the Western Conference Finals?

[/QUOTE]

I think it's wonderful at least one team is sweating out the 1st Round. Looks like the past 2 games proved it will be a 7 game series instead of a 6 game series. Still feel very confident in the Spurs to win.

San Antonio is getting a huge case of Spur-itis and needed a South American rookie to hit the big 3 down the stretch tonight to ice the game. They are playing really tight and Marbury is eating Parker's lunch. Duncan is fretting over FTs for chrissakes!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Yes they are. All they need to do is advance past this round and club it out with the Lakers for 7 before bowing out. Make it a very grueling series and inflict a physical toll on the Lakers. Then hopefully, the Kings will await in the Western Conference Finals and we can get it on once again.

I'm becoming more confident by the game though of a possible KIngs-Spurs Western Conference Finals; should that ever come to pass.

MVP you ask? Pullleeezzeeee..... [/QUOTE]

I never had Duncan as the MVP. Matter of fact, Kobe has my vote, followed by McGrady, Garnett, and then Duncan.

California Injun
04-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Adam,

Laker fans WANTED the Kings and I was pissed that we fell out of your bracket. You even mentioned that you would NOT want the Lakers in the Semi-Finals. Why is that?

Could it be that a Western Finals loss to the Lakers is more respectful in the eyes of the adoring public?

I did not mention your comment about us blowing out the T-Cubs but feel the need to offer a rebuttal.

Minnesota was 33-8 at home.

We beat them by 19 points.

They NEVER held the lead..... EVER!!!

The Lakers dropped 39 points in the 1st quarter. That was the MOST given up by the Wolves in a quarter.....EVER!!

The crowd got off its hands ONCE after introductions and it happened in the 3rd quarter when the lead got down to 4.

It wasn't the team that the Lakers beat but the performance. They slaughtered a #4 team with 51 wins in their own crib.

As for your Kings, it appears they have righted the ship and killed the Jazz tonight. My only fear is watching them sweep Utah as that MIGHT hasten the Mailman to sign up as a Laker in 2003-04.

That SI piece a few weeks back on Malone and Stockton gave me the shudders just THINKING that Karl would play for the minimum in Purple and Gold.:BS:

Problem is..... we need a legitimate power forward and Malone wants a ring.:eek:

Chief Faithful
04-22-2003, 06:28 AM

Don't forget the 3 point shot left Horry's hand after the buzzer. Peja did not play due to an ankle injury and Weber was having trouble with a lingering ankle injury.

Can the Pond Scum get so lucky again? Not likely. This year the Kings are healthy, Christie is in Fox's head and the Pond Scum is scared. The Pond Scum had better hope for more hometown referreeing and a Kings choke again this year.

Yet, all this discussion is wasted if the Pond Scum cannot get past the T-Wolves.

Laker fans WANTED the Kings and I was pissed that we fell out of your bracket.

Of course they want the Kings. The fans know the Kings where the better team last year and they want the opportunity to see their team redeem themselves.

Dude, your doing a terrible job of defending the Queens, at least your making me laugh.

Why did you take my points on Shaq's lack of skill as a defense of the Kings? It was meant as an inditement on the league and its desire to promote hacks like Shaq. My point is Shaq can only make it in the NBA. He left college early because he couldn't handle the rules. If he played in Europe he would foul out every game. There is no other player in the history of the NBA that has achieved such wealth and fame on so little skill.

The Kings don't need my defense. They have already proved themselves the better team on the court. And they did it while their best to players where injured. This year the team is healthy and deeper. Too bad for the Pond Scum.

AJKCFAN
04-22-2003, 06:37 AM
Adam,

Laker fans WANTED the Kings and I was pissed that we fell out of your bracket. You even mentioned that you would NOT want the Lakers in the Semi-Finals. Why is that?

Could it be that a Western Finals loss to the Lakers is more respectful in the eyes of the adoring public?

No. Why go through both the Lakers and Spurs when you don't need to?

More importantly, Kings have not been together as a unit for much of the season. I'd like them to get acclimated with each other a bit more and two playoff rounds against two styles of teams is preparation enough to have them ready for LA.

The "adoring public" believes the Lakers were fortunate, not lucky, to beat the KIngs last year.

As for the win vs the T'Wolves, whatever. The regular season means jack, as you and the Lakers fans have said over and over and over again. The T'Wolves could've been 41-0 at home and I'd still think the Lakers would sweep them. Please don't run that "look how impressive we were" BS... it's the T'Wolves you're beating and it's the 1st round.

Laker-haters, please stay away from this thread later tonight, for no one wanted to be caught with the spray spurting out of the strokefest of beating the "tough" Wolves again....

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 07:58 AM
Gotta love it. BD starting the day off right.

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 08:03 AM
Sorry guys but as long as Vladeflop is on the Queens flopping all over the place they do not deserve a Championship. That's beeotchball not basketball. That is the reason he was kicked off the Lakers squad in the first place. That and the fact that he was trying to give hummers to everyone in the locker room.

Chief Faithful
04-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Main man Mark. Mark Eaton got a good laugh out of the Rise Guys on Sports 1140 KHTK when the trio suggested he'd be a sure Hall of Famer if he got Shaq-like calls during his Utah career as a 7-foot-5 block of wide torso and long arms. "Absolutely," Eaton said with a laugh. "My shoes are in the Hall of Fame, though, but that's about all you'll see."

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 09:06 AM
CF wrote:Main man Mark. Mark Eaton

Who is that?

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 09:21 AM
The Lakers have been doing it for a long time CF. They are the greatest team in NBA history. You can cry all you want about officiating and ludicrous comments about Mark Eaton being as good as Shaq but it only shows your lack of objectivity.

ALL-TIME OVERALL RECORDS Team W L
Los Angeles Lakers 360 235 .605
Boston Celtics 281 196 .589
Chicago Bulls 147 106 .581
Baltimore Bullets* 10 7 .588
Philadelphia 76ers 197 177 .527
New York Knickerbockers 179 171 .511
Indiana Pacers 61 59 .508
Houston Rockets 100 99 .503
Anderson Packers* 4 4 .500
Milwaukee Bucks 97 98 .497
Utah Jazz 93 95 .495
Detroit Pistons 119 123 .492
Seattle SuperSonics 101 105 .490
San Antonio Spurs 83 89 .483
Phoenix Suns 95 106 .473
Portland Trail Blazers 88 99 .471
Golden State Warriors 99 115 .463
Dallas Mavericks 29 37 .439
Atlanta Hawks 117 152 .435

PLAYOFF SERIES RECORDS Team W L
Boston Celtics 65 26 .714
Los Angeles Lakers 89 36 .712
Anderson Packers* 2 1 .667
Chicago Bulls 34 18 .654
Baltimore Bullets* 3 2 .600
New York Knickerbockers 40 34 .541
Houston Rockets 22 19 .537
Philadelphia 76ers 41 38 .519
Seattle SuperSonics 21 20 .512
Utah Jazz 18 19 .486
Golden State Warriors 22 24 .478
Milwaukee Bucks 18 21 .462
Phoenix Suns 19 23 .452
Detroit Pistons 24 30 .444
Indiana Pacers 11 14 .440
San Antonio Spurs 16 21 .432
Dallas Mavericks 6 8 .429
Portland Trail Blazers 18 24 .429
Orlando Magic 5 7 .417
Washington Capitols* 2 3 .400
Washington Wizards 13 20 .394
Atlanta Hawks 20 35 .364
Charlotte Hornets 4 7 .364
Chicago Stags* 2 4 .333
Denver Nuggets 7 14 .333
Sacramento Kings 12 24 .333
Miami Heat 3 8 .273
New Jersey Nets 4 11 .267
Toronto Raptors 1 3 .250
Cleveland Cavaliers 4 13 .235
Indianapolis Olympians* 1 4 .200
Los Angeles Clippers 1 6 .143
Cleveland Rebels* 0 1 .000
Sheboygan Redskins* 0 1 .000
St. Louis Bombers* 0 3 .000
Minnesota Timberwolves 0 6 .000
Totals 548 548 .500

Orlando Magic 23 30 .434
Washington Capitols* 8 11 .421
New Orleans Hornets 20 28 .417
Washington Wizards 69 97 .416
Sacramento Kings 63 89 .414
Toronto Raptors 8 12 .400
Denver Nuggets 39 59 .398
Miami Heat 20 31 .392
Los Angeles Clippers 13 22 .371
Cleveland Cavaliers 28 49 .364
Chicago Stags* 7 13 .350
New Jersey Nets 20 39 .339
Cleveland Rebels* 1 2 .333
Sheboygan Redskins* 1 2 .333
St. Louis Bombers* 4 8 .333
Indianapolis Olympians* 4 9 .308
Minnesota Timberwolves 5 18 .217
2592 2592 .500
:deevee:

picasso
04-22-2003, 09:45 AM
That's because the LA Lakers are also one of the older teams in the league. And may I note that your win-loss record probably dates back to the time they were in Minnesota.

On another quick note:

The Kings are 2 - 0.
Stomping on the Jazz with the bench. Stoyo was on FIRE.
The Kings bench alone would take LA to a seven game series this year. Feeling sorry for ya, yep, feeling sorry for ya.

One other thing, have ya noticed how the media and the Lakers are really pushing "The absence of Shaq" story. Almost to the point to where they make that a premature reason for their possible decline through this playoffs. Bobby Jacksons Mother died during the second half of the season and nobody asked him if he was ready to play or if he could.

Excuses

Chief Faithful
04-22-2003, 10:01 AM
You can cry all you want about officiating and ludicrous comments about Mark Eaton being as good as Shaq but it only shows your lack of objectivity.

Who is crying? I'm just saying Shaq has size but no skill. He is worthless when more than 5 feet from the basket. His game is totally dependent on the officiating.

As for the Kings my point is simple, they are a better team and they proved it last year and will again this year.

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 10:19 AM
CF,

Well I guess we will just have to bet the series when it gets here then. Your Queens looked awesome last night. I really like Stoyo and Bibby. Spurs looked very good as well playing without the Admiral. I really like David Robinson, the guy is a class act. This is exactly the way I want it. If the Lakers win again this year it will be the second greatest run in NBA history. If the Queens shoot the lights out for 4-7 games they can win but that is what they will have to do. They will also have to quit all the crying and blaming refs for their own failures. That will be hard to do considering you have the biggest beeotch center in the league leading the way. I think Phil put it best when he said he has absolutely no fear of this team. (Queens) The series should be a great one though, looking forward to it.

BIG DADDY

Patiently waiting for that 15th title.

shakesthecat
04-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Funny how King's fans never bring up the fact that their team, flat out, choked away the series last year at the free throw line.

Or does fall under the "the ref's screwed us" umbrella?

Saying Shaq has "no skill" is ridiculous.

Chief Faithful
04-22-2003, 10:42 AM
They will also have to quit all the crying and blaming refs for their own failures.

I strongly agree with you. You can't play basketball when your focus is on the refs.

Saying Shaq has "no skill" is ridiculous.

Its not ridiculous. I remember watching him at LSU and recount his extreme frustration. His game has not changed. His game is size not skill. In college that did not work.

I credit Phil Jackson with knowing how to take advantage of Shaq's size in a team concept.

Garnett, Kobe and Duncan are skilled. Shaq is big. He is fortunate to be playing for Jackson in LA.

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 10:49 AM
CF,

So you up to betting the series when it happens? You guys should be in great shape after beating up the grey beards.

picasso
04-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Look Big Daddy understand this much.
The officiating in the western finals was flawed last year and even the league recognized it. That is why they introduced having a review of buzzer beaters this year. To keep shots like the 3 pointer that Samaki made after time expired to win one of the games against the Kings last year. It's why they changed the defensive rule for the defenses to be able to bring down a player to double team the center so that Shaq couldn't stand on an island and elbow his way to the hoop. And also to benefit the perimeter shooters and open lanes by setting a screen inside for more excitement than a 330 pounder setting under the basket and slamming it in. Personally I enjoy Kobe immensely. And that rule accomidates him and gives him more opportunity off the triangle.
As far as Vlade, he is the only center in the league that can beotch slap Shaq inside (Since Rodman retired) and expose him to the dirty play he has always relied upon. It seems he only flops against Shaq and why wouldn't he. The man is the largest player in the league. Shaq even said in the off season about Ming and I quote "Ming is going to find out what its like when he gets an elbow in the face." That is Shaq's play. You can't deny that.
And to talk about floppers look at pretty boy Fox. He flops just as much if not more than Divac. Especially when he gets beotch slapped by King Christie in the jaw. Didn't he instigate and get his arse beat twice that day?
I can't wait either. It's gonna be fun.

shakesthecat
04-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Shaq left LSU because he couldn't play by the rules, huh.
I'm guessing it may have had something to do with huge piles of cash.

So because he doesn't shoot from outside 5 feet, he has no skill?
With that logic, Chamberlain, Russell, Jabbar, Olajawan, Reed, and damn near every other center who ever played, lacked skill as well.

picasso
04-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Just another tidbit of info:

When the Lakers had their arse handed to them from the Seattle Sonics in their last meeting this year I was there for the game. Decked out in full Kings gear (My wife of course in all Laker gear)at the end of the game I ran down to the tunnel of the Lakers and was giving the defeated Lakers a piece of my mind. Saying the Kings are comin for ya, the Kings are comin for ya Phil and you wanna know what he said to me?

F--- OFF!!! In that low mono toned voice.

That cracks me up.

The Zenmaster telling me to F--- OFF.
Wish I would have had a cow bell.

Just thought that I would share that.

Chief Faithful
04-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Shaq left LSU because he couldn't play by the rules, huh.

"Hack a Shaq" didn't start in the NBA. I remember his whining about how other teams just foul him and he didn't like college ball. His father was very upset at his decision.

If he do anything other than one step and dunk you might be able to convince me he has skill.

He is poor at passing, dribbling and shooting. His foot movement is so slow he has to rely on the shove and club.

With that logic, Chamberlain, Russell, Jabbar, Olajawan, Reed, and damn near every other center who ever played, lacked skill as well.

Now it is your turn to be ridiculous. Shaq has NO game beyond 5 feet and never has even in college. Each of those players you list had a very good game beyond the dunk and club. In fact, Chamberlain, Jabbar and Olajawan where finesse players with great quickness. They didn't need to shove and club.

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 11:36 AM
picasso wrote:The Zenmaster telling me to F--- OFF.

You have been blessed my son. :D

For all the Queen smack talkers on here I noticed none of you want bet anything on it. BTW, Shaq has developed that hook shot he has been using this year and those shots on the baseline are well over 5 feet, try like 10. Free throws are much better this year as well.

Chief Faithful
04-22-2003, 11:42 AM
I have to admit, his game has come a long way. That 10 foot shot has really added a whole new dimension to his game. And hasn't his free throw shooting reached 60%?

Maybe someday he will not need to shove and club.

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 11:55 AM
CF,

Free throw percentage this year was like 63%. He went 10-13 in the first playoff game. Here are some other intersting Shaq stats for the year. Pretty good considering how much of the season he was out.

TEAM G GS MPG FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
LAL 67 66 37.8 695-1,211 .574 0-0 .000 451-725 .622 3.90 7.20 11.10 3.1 .57 2.37 2.93 3.40 27.5

Ranks #4 in the NBA in Points Per Game(27.5) Ranks #2 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.574)
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game(2.37) Ranks #6 in the NBA in Field Goals Made(695.0)
Ranks #10 in the NBA in Free Throws(451.0) Ranks #4 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(725.0)
Ranks #4 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds(259.0) Ranks #3 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per Game(3.9)
Ranks #13 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(483.0) Ranks #9 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(742.0)
Ranks #8 in the NBA in Blocks(159.0) Ranks #9 in the NBA in Points(1841.0)
Ranks #3 in the NBA in Double-doubles(46.0) Ranks #2 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(13.16)
Ranks #10 in the NBA in Field-Goal Attempts Per 48 Minutes(22.93) Ranks #3 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes(8.54)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts Per 48 Minutes(13.73) Ranks #11 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(4.9)
Ranks #16 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(9.1) Ranks #13 in the NBA in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(14.0)
Ranks #13 in the NBA in Blocks Per 48 Minutes(3.01) Ranks #2 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes(34.9)
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Total Efficiency Points(2000.0) Ranks #3 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(29.85)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(37.87)

Chief Faithful
04-22-2003, 12:40 PM
It is very telling that Shaq is #1 in free throw attempts considering he is the one doing the shoving and clubing.

Does he receive special treatment from the refs in response to "Hack a Shaq"?

It is no wonder he does well at rebounding. He lumbers down court and sets roots in the low post. With his big body he should be #1 in all rebounding catagories.

KCTitus
04-22-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Chief Faithful
It is very telling that Shaq is #1 in free throw attempts considering he is the one doing the shoving and clubing.

It's funny, last year I read all this whining and crying about how Shaq gets beat up and the refs dont call it because of his size, poor thing.

#1 in FTA's, eh? what a rough life he has.

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 12:59 PM
CF wrote:With his big body he should be #1 in all rebounding catagories.

I am sure he would be if he had played all season.

Titus,

All you ever do is b!tch about the Lakers. Hell, I am not even sure who you do like.

BIG DADDY

A lot of smack but no betters. Queens are even favored to win it all. Weak.

KCTitus
04-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Titus,

All you ever do is b!tch about the Lakers. Hell, I am not even sure who you do like.

bitch? To the contrary...as for who I 'like', actually nobody. I could really care less about the NBA, but find the whole 'shaq' arguments fun. He's a punk and ya'll know it, but you have to defend ol' mumblewhisper.

big nasty kcnut
04-22-2003, 01:36 PM
shaq sucks and the lakers will not be champ this year so let hear it for the celtics this year nba champs

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 02:35 PM
The only place the Celtics are going is home. Their Championship hopes Flew south when Bird left long ago.

AJKCFAN
04-22-2003, 04:30 PM
CF,

Well I guess we will just have to bet the series when it gets here then. Your Queens looked awesome last night. I really like Stoyo and Bibby. ...If the Queens shoot the lights out for 4-7 games they can win but that is what they will have to do. They will also have to quit all the crying and blaming refs for their own failures. That will be hard to do considering you have the biggest beeotch center in the league leading the way. I think Phil put it best when he said he has absolutely no fear of this team. (Queens) The series should be a great one though, looking forward to it.

BIG DADDY

Patiently waiting for that 15th title.

BD:

Thanks for the sorta compliment. And in addition to Stoyo and Bibby, a true basketball fan has to love what Bobby Jackson brings to the floor, game in, game out. A legit warrior, who rarely plays bad and always gives the Kings a spark.

Lakers fans, Vlade flops against Shaq, I can admit that. He doesn'
t do it vs Utah. In fact, his offensive rebounding in this series has made a big difference. Plus, he has Mavs centers for lunch. Plus, he now has extra help with an athletic Keon Clark, a rested Pollard, and even Webber helping to defend Shaq (Webber may play Shaq the toughest of all incredibly).

Besides, you got Kobe for Vlade. That alone should make Lakers fans cheer every time Vlade steps onto Staples.

AJKCFAN
04-22-2003, 04:41 PM
BIG DADDY & Lakers Circle Jerkers:

I'll bet y'all. Cal Injun knows I take care of business (we bet last year's series for 37 Forever).

As a matter of fact, why not do this again, but with all of you.

The bet for a potential Lakers-Kings Western Conference Finals Rematch

If the Lakers win, I will donate.....

One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) :Pinky:

Cash "gift" to 37 Forever.

If the Kings win, each Lakers fan in the bet must make a $100 "gift" to 37 Forever.

Any Laker-haters who want to jump in on my side, also must make a $100 "gift" to 37 Forever if the Lakers beat the Kings.

It's a lot of hatred going into a good cause.

Cal Injun, you may want to get the Delaney jerseys involved in this bet... I'll let you figure out a good plan in between Wolves timeouts tonight.

Now who has the "SAC" to take me on?

AJKCFAN
04-22-2003, 04:44 PM
I like you dude! :thumb:

Good to know there'll be more than just one diehard Kings fan here when the Lakers get 4 Losses out of 7 vs the Kings instead of 4 Titles.

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 04:49 PM
AJKCFAN,

Jackson definately brings something to the team. He is the only one besides Bibby that has the huevos to penetrate and take it or dish out. Queens have it all, no question. I could even like the team if Vladeflop wasn't on it. They have the deepest bench in the game, great shooting, good transition game and a solid D. That being said they will still need to shoot the lights out to beat the Lake show.
A few things I have noticed from the playoffs so far.

1. Queens and Spurs are crying way more than any other team in the West. I expected that from Sac but not from the Spurs. Vlade may not be flopping against the Grey beards but he still needs a case of cheese to go with that wine.

2. Nobody in the East really seems to be stepping up meaning the championship will probably be a blowout.

3. San Antonio really seems to be the wildcard as the difference in their play between the first and second game was like day and night.

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 05:10 PM
AJKCFAN,

We will work something out. The way you got it set right now your $100 would buy about a grand. Your not trying to be smooth are you? Not like a cow bell wearing queens fan to be smooth.

AJKCFAN
04-22-2003, 05:13 PM
San Antonio is in trouble, but will outlast the Suns, probably in 7.

Their performance in the first 2 games certainly seems familiar, and I'm not talking 1999. Looks like the Lakers will beat them in 6, as expected.

In the East, since the teams really suck, it appears that a kick-ass player can carry a team to the Finals. So take your pick among Kidd, Jermaine O'Neal, Iverson, Pierce, or McGrady and you can see one of them lead their team to the Finals.

That leaves Detroit, New Orleans, and Milwaukee as odd teams out.

Detroit is the worst 1 seed since Atlanta in 1994.

New Orleans better get to the Finals this year or next because once they move out West, it's all over for them...

AJKCFAN
04-22-2003, 05:17 PM
I will not bet $100 against each Lakers fan. That's unfair. If the Lakers knock the Kings out again, exactly $100 comes out of my pocket.

If the Kings win, it would be unfair for $100 to be split up by the Laker crew here... that would be like 10 bucks apiece.

Laker haters can be on my side and be on the hook themselves for $100, but I'll be on the hook for $100 and only $100.

In other words, every person in this bet has to put $100 on the line, with 37 Forever taking the pot.

Not smoothtalking.... just know that there are many Lakers fans who are game.

We'll work it out, as the teams will work it out to reach the bet.

AJKCFAN
04-22-2003, 05:20 PM
37 Forever is the winner regardless, getting extra coin for the Red Cross swim program this summer.

A Kings series win brings more hay than a Lakers series win, so be it.

Cal Injun might be the personal winner in this... if we can get his sweet investment involved, right mccan?

BIG_DADDY
04-22-2003, 05:26 PM
AJKCFAN,

We will work it out. BTW, Congratulations on being the only queens fan with any huevos. :toast:

AJKCFAN
04-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Big Daddy:

I always have the huevos. Last year, as bitter as it was, it easily was among the greatest playoff series of all time.

Even in defeat, I tip my hat off to the Lakers for a great series and a great dynasty, but I do know the Kings left knowing that they can beat them and have been waiting for this next go-around.

I've been down this road before... the dynasty roadblock. I was a kid when the Royals had to do it vs the Yankees but eventually they did. There is no more deserving team out there to end the Lakers 4-peat than the Kings and even the biggest Kings bashers know that.

Since you love pictures, here's something for the closet Kings fan in you, BD :)

munkey
04-23-2003, 04:35 PM
The Lakers lay an egg and this thread drops 4 pages....ROFL

BIG_DADDY
04-23-2003, 05:12 PM
AJKCFAN,

That's cool, best of luck to you.

munkey,

We discussed it earlier in picasso's thread. I'm not going anywhere.

Logical
04-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Since Big Daddy and AJ have worked one out.

I will be happy to take on some other Kings fan should the two teams meet up in the Conference finals for $100 for 37 Forever foundation.

Any other takers out there who want to get involved to increase the stakes and 37 Forever foundation benefit?

BIG_DADDY
04-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Good luck Jim. I think AJKCFAN is the only Queens fans with any nads though. Actually, I am surprised he is not a Lakers fan. Think he is in the closet? :eek:

AJKCFAN
04-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Oh, the blasphemy of a Kings fan to dredge up this "4-peat" thread from Page 7 on Game Night of Lakers-T'Wolves.

Just 4, count 'em 4 posts, since the Lakers blitzed through the playoff series winless Wolves in Game 1.

Where's the machismo? Did that loss really flatten the wheels to the 4-peat bandwagon?

Where's the "so we'll beat them in five and not four" smack?

C'mon starting five of the Circle Jerkers (Cal Injun, BD, Logical, Cody, Titus) and 6th Man shakesthecat, it's the playoffs. So your team lost Game 2. BFD. Get on here and talk some smack, win or lose. The dates of Games 4 and 7 (Sunday May 26 - Horry and Sunday June 2, Game 7 collapse), I am certain I came on here and took it like a man. Have the huevos to do the same, k? ;)

Well, far be it from me to let this thread die... I hope it is used win or lose by the Circle Jerkers tonight.

And I'm still waiting on more hats to be thrown into the Lakers-Kings 37 Forever style wager. Big Daddy and I are on. Logical's looking for someone to mix it up with.

Between the Circle Jerkers and Laker Haters, it should be great fun for a great cause.

Logical
04-24-2003, 11:44 PM
Got to say I was not very proud of my Lakers tonight, WTF was with them, I mean they played fair defense but I just found something lacking.:grr:

They need to pull their head out. Notice that I have been on after both bad games, I ain't running or hiding.

suds79
04-24-2003, 11:58 PM
The T-Wolves have just been FUKED over the whole last 2 minutes.

That flop 3 PTer by Kobe, the foul on the PG (can't remember his name right now) trying to inbound the ball next, and the push on Walley on the following play

suds79
04-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Now in OT.

That foul called on Walley Z. (SP?) on LA's break away layup is simply the worse call I've ever seen in my life.

If you stayed up late enough to see this, you'd know what I mean.

I hate it when refs call what they think, not what they see.

Logical
04-25-2003, 12:17 AM
suds,

The old axiom is the challenger better win outright, they never should rely on a decision applies in this instance. That is especially true in NFL, NHL and NBA where the home field/court/ice advantage in key games usually extends slightly to any home team in a critical game. In the Pros everyone knows this and to pretend it is unique to the Lakers and the NBA is absurd.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-25-2003, 12:30 AM
I have a question. Why haven't the Lakers brought in better role players? They get rattled under pressure way too easy. Shaq and Kobe are the only players that can overcome adversity.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-25-2003, 12:38 AM
after "THE WORST OFFICIATED GAME OF ALLTIME" Justice has been served baby. The lakorz couldn't beat 5 roleplayers in OT even when handed the game. in the words of bill walton that was "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIBBBBBLLLLEEE!!"

Chiefs Pantalones
04-25-2003, 12:39 AM
Congrats to the T-Wolves. They wanted it more. This was also one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen, on both sides. Regardless of who wins this series, it's obvious that the league wants it to go as far as it can go. Anyone would be stupid to think that the NBA doesn't want this series (and all the series) to be long. That's why the officiating is always so inconsistent.

DaWolf
04-25-2003, 12:39 AM
Worst officiated is an understatement. That was atrocious...

steve_minor
04-25-2003, 12:44 AM
David Stern is pissed. He paid the officials to make the Timberwolves lose, and my dogs still pulled it out!!!

Wolves in 6!!! (Still my original prediction)

Chiefs Pantalones
04-25-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by KILLER_CLOWN
The lakorz couldn't beat 5 roleplayers in OT even when handed the game.

They didn't look like defending champions. As MJ said it best, "One thing that can drag a team down fast is overconfidence...don't ever be overconfident." And I believe the Lakers thought all they had to do was step on the floor and the Wolves would surrender. The series is not over yet, but they're in trouble. When you can't beat a team with 5 role players, you have big things to worry about and to fix.

tk13
04-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Gee whiz the officiating in that game tonight was awful, absolutely awful. If I didn't know any better, I'd said they were blantantly in favor of the Lakers the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter then most of OT, then all of a sudden in the last 20 seconds they were suddenly pro-Wolves. The fouls Kobe Bryant gets are ridiculous. It's not the fact that he gets the fouls, it's the fact that there is 10 times more bumping going the other way that isn't called, at least Danny Ainge has the balls to call it out. I don't have a clue what game John Thompson was watching. I actually thought the strangest thing was the fact that they DIDN'T call a couple fouls in favor of the Lakers at the end of OT. I thought the shot Bryant put up should have been called a legitimate foul, and they didn't call it. Horrible, horrible officiating...really turns me off to even watching to watch this disaster...

Chiefs Pantalones
04-25-2003, 12:59 AM
I never thought I'd have a flash back of when I was in 1st grade, but I did tonight watching this game...it reminded me of the WWF. So many bogus calls, inconsistent calling, etc, etc. It made me puke. Let them win or lose it on their own.

Chief Faithful
04-25-2003, 06:00 AM
Horry just supplanted Divac as the flop king. Horry flopped on Garnett without even being touched 25 feet from the basket. The league should be outraged that an all-star of Garnett's calibar was sent to the bench with the game on the line in OT on a flop.

What is it about games in LA, the refs seem to go stupid and blind.

ROYC75
04-25-2003, 06:38 AM
It's like I have said all along.............

NO 4 PEAT THIS YEAR !

:toast: ROFL :LOL: :toast:

bkkcoh
04-25-2003, 06:47 AM
How in the world can a big man play 46 minutes a power game and only get 1 foul...

Ultra Peanut
04-25-2003, 06:50 AM
Amazing job by the T'Wolves to win despite being RAPED by the officials.

suds79
04-25-2003, 07:34 AM
After further review, I can honestly say that was the worse officiated basketball game I've ever seen.

And I think I've seen enough. K.G. is the MVP mark it down. His game is just so good. Basically he has all the moves Kobe & McGrady have but he's 6'11! He can hit that turn-around fade away jumper, he can post up, he can put the ball on the floor, he can hit that outside shot (just inside the 3 usually) just as good as the other guys and he rebounds. Given his talent & heigth, I just dont' see how you can pass him up.

TEX
04-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Psicosis
Amazing job by the T'Wolves to win despite being RAPED by the officials.

Yep. The SAME thing happened to the Kings last year. GO WOLVES! GO ANYBODY EXCEPT THE LAKERS! :toast:

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Chief Faithful wrote:

Horry just supplanted Divac as the flop king.

One flop and he passes Vladeflop? You are about as objective as Remount and Talibanme. As a Laker fan I was totally embarassed and he better not do it again.

Names too long wrote: Yep. The SAME thing happened to the Kings last year. GO WOLVES! GO ANYBODY EXCEPT THE LAKERS!

Do the crying queen fans ever quit?

Congratulations to the TDogs who certainly deserved that game.

The Bad Guy
04-25-2003, 09:01 AM
It's like I have said all along.............

NO 4 PEAT THIS YEAR !

And the year before that you said no Three Peat.

What do you want a medal for hopping on the Laker-hating bandwagon?

Chief Faithful
04-25-2003, 09:25 AM
One flop and he passes Vladeflop? You are about as objective as Remount and Talibanme. As a Laker fan I was totally embarassed and he better not do it again.

There is a big difference, Divac waits for contact to flop, Horry doesn't need the contact he just flops. And, don't play naive, Horry flops are as common as Divac's.

Don't forget Kobe, he is a flopper on the three point line. Put a hand in his face and he will flop. Many shooters will flop to try and get to the line.

I guess the difference between the Lakers and the Kings is the Kings wait for the contact to flop. The only reason Divac has a reputation is Shaq crys to the media and refs because everytime he lowers a shoulder Divac will go down on contact. But, at least there is contact.

I hope you are preparing yourself for a Kings vs T-Wolves / Spurs finals.

suds79
04-25-2003, 09:33 AM
I hate it when all the star players do this... (and Kobe is guilty)

But you see a star guard go up, get stuffed or stripped CLEAN and they'll throw up their arms like real quick, flop their legs around, yell "ahhh!!" and then look at the ref. Be a man and just admit the other guy made a good play. They look like a fish out of water they're floppin so bad. Just because you might be the best player in the world, doesn't mean another professional can't make a good play against you.

Normal people are guilty of this to.

Have you ever seen someone walk down a sidewalk, stumble over a crack and turn to look at the sidewalk afterwards like there's something wrong with the ground? Same thing. Be a man and just admit that for that moment you were simply a clumsy b!tch who looked silly.

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Chief Faithful wrote:There is a big difference, Divac waits for contact to flop, Horry doesn't need the contact he just flops. And, don't play naive, Horry flops are as common as Divac's.

Don't forget Kobe, he is a flopper on the three point line. Put a hand in his face and he will flop. Many shooters will flop to try and get to the line.

I guess the difference between the Lakers and the Kings is the Kings wait for the contact to flop. The only reason Divac has a reputation is Shaq crys to the media and refs because everytime he lowers a shoulder Divac will go down on contact. But, at least there is contact.

If that finals scenario happens so be it. In all fairness I shouldn't have compared you to Talibanme and Recount as that would be an insult to them based upon your last analysis. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are much more intelligent than that and are just trying to flame the Lakers fans out there. If you really feel that anyone in the NBA flops anywhere near as much as the Vladeflop does when he plays the Lakers your are seriously dillusional. To say the Lakers cry more than the Queerbait Queens is simply the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen posted on the Planet, I'll leave it at that.

The Bad Guy
04-25-2003, 10:06 AM
There is a big difference, Divac waits for contact to flop, Horry doesn't need the contact he just flops. And, don't play naive, Horry flops are as common as Divac's.

This is the biggest pile of shit I have ever read on the Planet.

Flopping is acting. Survey NBA fans and ask them who is the king of flopping. Divac would win in a landslide.

Keep saying your prayers that the TWolves could do something that your beloved Kings never had the ability to do: Beat LA in a 7 game series.

steve_minor
04-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Its sad when people have to argue over who flops the most in a professional sport. I am not blaming the players, I am blaming the league. Can you think if DT in football stop trying to get to the QB and trying to act like their being held. They don't because the NFL has good fair refs. I know sometimes they suck, but Paul T. isn't in their back pocket. anyways..

I can't let Hoory and Vlade be the only ones getting credit, Karl Malone is also a master at getting fouled.

Last rant...

I was pissed when one of the announcers last night said.

"What a good job of Hoory to flop and get the foul called. That just shows his experience."

grrrr....

jettio
04-25-2003, 10:19 AM
The officiating was decidedly in favor of the Lakers.

Props to KC's Anthony Peeler. Defending Kobe Bryant as well as anyone ever has. It was funny how he overplayed Kobe's right hand in game two, and made Kobe drive to his left, which he was unable to do.

Last night, he did great denying him the ball and did not even have to make Kobe drive left to pretty much shut him down.

It was terrible to see a series of awful calls that would have decided the game except for the fact that the Wolves showed much more heart.

Peeler was a warrior in the OT, as were the other so-called role players. The T'wolves that finished the game are good basketball players, period.

NBA playoffs is about adjustments. It will be interesting to see how the Lakers adjust to the full court defense. I think the deciding factor for the series will be whether the T'Wolves can continue to shoot a high percentage.

I hope they win, but it sure has been a lot of fun seeing a Kansas City and Mizzou guy play such a big role in an exciting series. Combined with the Royals winning ways, if the Chiefs can pick up some promising players in the draft, being a sports fan is fun right now.

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2003, 10:23 AM
steve wrote:Its sad when people have to argue over who flops the most in a professional sport. I am not blaming the players, I am blaming the league.

I blame the players and I HATE it when anyone on the Lakers does it. I think that is one thing that is consistent with all Laker fans and Queerbait Queens fans. Lakers fans hate it and ridicule their players for flopping or crying. Queerbait Queens fans consistently defend their teams flopping and crying. I guess when your the best at something you might as well defend it.

ROYC75
04-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by The Bad Guy

And the year before that you said no Three Peat.

What do you want a medal for hopping on the Laker-hating bandwagon?

LA shouldn't have won it last year ! A LUCKY 3 PEAT IT WAS !:D

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2003, 11:27 AM
ROY wrote:LA shouldn't have won it last year ! A LUCKY 3 PEAT IT WAS !

Yea they sure are a lucky team going for their 15th title.

ROYC75
04-25-2003, 12:28 PM
ROY wrote:

Yea they sure are a lucky team going for their 15th title.

Sorry ....... (Truth ) .... Yes LA has many titles, So what........ LA has had some very good teams .

Last year being lucky ? ( Truth ) Without a doubt !

I can handle the truth !

Can you ?

picasso
04-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Told you it would happen!!

Personally I don't see what the big discussion is about flopping. Everyone in the NBA flops. That's part of the game. In the last game between the Twolves and Lakers even Shaq flopped from a run in by Troy Hudson (Like that would ever happen).
Horry did the right thing. It was planned. It was what the zenmaster calls the schemata. Everyone knew that Garnett was going out in the first minute of overtime. I sure did.

The thing that pissed me off about the game was the officiating to the point that it brought back memories of last season against the Kings. I am not whining about it just stating the facts that those calls last night were very reminisant to the calls in games 5 and 7 of last years western finals. Those officials are selected on their merits and abilities to ref these playoffs. It was a pitiful display of what happens in the city of LA (where the money is) to the point of the game being rigged or fixed through officiating not game play.
Luckily the Twolves showed their poise through adversity and came out victorious. If they hadn't I think some officials in that game would have fallen under scrutiny and possibly fired for there part in such a farse.

Twolves will win this series. I have no doubt. They are hungrier, fresher, younger and they have Garnett being gaurded by...Mark Madson. :D

GO KINGS!!!!

KCChiefsMan
04-25-2003, 01:22 PM
I'd love to see the Wolves in the championship this year against the Pistons, I'm a huge fan of KG and Ben Wallace and it would be awesome watching them in the Finals. Plus I want people to stop bashing KG when it comes to playoff time, he's the only reason why the Wolves ever even get to the playoffs, no Garnett = T-Wolves are the next Clippers/Cavs/etc

Chief Faithful
04-25-2003, 01:37 PM
I blame the players and I HATE it when anyone on the Lakers does it. I think that is one thing that is consistent with all Laker fans and Queerbait Queens fans. Lakers fans hate it and ridicule their players for flopping or crying. Queerbait Queens fans consistently defend their teams flopping and crying. I guess when your the best at something you might as well defend it.

Flopping is a part of the game and the Lakers do it as well as any other team in the league. What is hated is the hypocrisy of the Lakers fans who try to point fingers when their own team is as guilty as the rest.

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2003, 01:38 PM
picasso wrote:Twolves will win this series. I have no doubt. I got $50 that says the won't.;)

I agree the officiating was horrible to the Lakers advantage. If the Lakers win I want them to earn it. I can't believe your still crying about the officiating in the Queens series though. :huh:

KCChiefsMan wrote:I'd love to see the Wolves in the championship this year against the Pistons The East is about as relevant as France is right now.

Roy wrote:Last year being lucky ? ( Truth ) Without a doubt ! Looks like a skill shot to me. Give the assist to that Queerbait Queen flopper Vlade. :p

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Well I see it's all talk as usual. I'll see if I can swing by the office tomorrow to see if you wanted to bet the 50 picasso. If you say yes I will confirm on Saturday if I stop by. That confirmation will meen it's on. Anything short of that no deal.

picasso
04-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Last year wasn't lucky for the Lakers. They won the Championship. The Kings lost. At the end of the game it's who has the highest score. But just like Samaki hitting the three to win in game 5 after time expired (they changed the rules this year) or the elbow to the face from Kobe to Bibby in overtime of the 7th game (clearly an offensive foul) and the assinine calls from officials (which are to many to mention) just like last nights game - the series last year was tainted and stretched by officials to a 7 game series. And overtime. Coincidence?? I don't think so.

Last night against the Twolves with the wolves being up 5 points with 17 seconds left Kobe just happens to hit the 3 pointer and get fouled. Zerbiack was raped by the officials in the 4th period. Why?

Money and favor. That's why.

First the media was talking about Shaq is just not the same due to his Grandmother passing away and then there was Kobe and the arm he hurt slamming a ball in the first half of the last game (although he scored his 30).
Hey tragedies happen like Bobby Jacksons mother dying this season and Webber being under possible indictment from the college years and so on and so on.
NO EXCUSES LA JUST POOR PLAY!!!

What I can't believe is that the NBA actually thinks that fans can set there and watch a game like what we saw last night and say - that was a fair clean game.

It's just idiotic.

KCWolfman
04-25-2003, 03:36 PM
What? No multitude of posts from Cal today? I wonder why?ROFL

steve_minor
04-25-2003, 05:35 PM
I feel there are a couple Kings fans that feel that when the Twolves defeat the Lakers that the Championship is theirs.

Hint: You got to beat the Twolves first :D

Go Wolves!!!!

California Injun
04-26-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by KCWolfman
What? No multitude of posts from Cal today? I wonder why?ROFL

Using some "Bliss-isms" I;

A - Have a life.
B - Was putting in some OT at work.
C - Was getting laid by the wife.

Given that the last game went into the wee hours of the morning, I needed to figure out what the hell was happening to the Staples Center Crew and estimate their chances at pulling this series out. So here's my take on things....

The T-Cubs are playing like the T-Wolves and will beat the Lakers if they continue this torrid shooting pace. No fuggin way they keep swishing the nets at 55% the rest of the series.

FWIW: I'm glad Minnesota won Game #3 given the horrendous officiating that favored the Lakers down the stretch. That Horry flop was poetic justice on Garnett because he had his 6th on Kobe's drive to the hole that wasn't called in the 4th.

The Zenmaster better put another body on KG when he gets the ball or it's over for 2003. He's got way too much confidence going right now so double him up and let the others beat you.

The T-Wolves got a taste of pressure when they froze up late in the 4th. Kobe's missed FT in regulation let them off the hook and allowed for a breather before OT.

Kobe's sprained shoulder had an effect on his aggressiveness towards the hole. It will be interesting to see what he can do in Game #4.

Until the T-Cubs put win #4 on the 3-time Champs, I'm not too concerned being down 1-2. The last game was an ammonia blast to the nostrils for this team and I anticipate a double-digit win in Game #4.

Besides, it takes a few Laker losses to bring out the "Haters" anyways.

:p

Brock
04-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Excuses, excuses, and (surprise!) more excuses

People who talk all the shit deserve to get a truckload dumped on them.

California Injun
04-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Brock Landers

People who talk all the shit deserve to get a truckload dumped on them.

I'm still here wunderkid and will continue to back my team despite your intense hatred for the 3-time Champs.

So your Cuban Cigars are beating up the JailBlazers? They've been our punks for years. Enjoy this brief respite from the inevitable (The Quatro) as we all know the Euros will spank your Iraqui-led defense.

Brock
04-26-2003, 07:47 PM

I'm still here wunderkid and will continue to back my team despite your intense hatred for the 3-time Champs.

I don't hate the Lakers. Couldn't care less about them or the NBA in general. I just hate prick front-runner fans of whatever sport.

California Injun
04-26-2003, 07:51 PM

I don't hate the Lakers. Couldn't care less about them or the NBA in general. I just hate prick front-runner fans of whatever sport.

Wow!

You seem a bit tense?

:LOL:

Brock
04-26-2003, 07:54 PM

Wow!

You seem a bit tense?

Yeah, maybe. There was Chiefs stuff that happened today, maybe you heard about it? Then again, probably not.

SNR
04-26-2003, 07:55 PM

Wow!

You seem a bit tense?

:LOL: We just ****ed ourselves in the ass with this horrible draft. Nobody on this board is responsible for anything they post unless they post some bullshit comment that involves praising the Chiefs.

After all, we're all Chiefs fans, we should have fun when we bash our team.

California Injun
04-27-2003, 07:36 AM

Yeah, maybe. There was Chiefs stuff that happened today, maybe you heard about it? Then again, probably not.

Picking apart the draft and getting bent over it before any of them puts on gear?

What a missed opportunity, eh?:rolleyes:

WilliamTheIrish
04-27-2003, 04:06 PM

California Injun
04-29-2003, 05:48 PM
Just rescuing this thread from Page 12 before tonights Game #5...

Surprising that no "Haters" had any comments after the 102-97 victory that evened the series at 2-2. Then again NOT!!!;)

So KG gets a few wins on the Staples Crew and decides to call his shot by boasting about the series being "over"? (had the T-Cubs won Game #4)

Nice choke job from the charity stripe....

The biggest news is Rick Fox going down for the year. This had to make Wally Z and that unshaven Euro "Rose" in Cowtown happy.

The T-Cubs had their chance to put the stranglehold on the 3-time Champs in Game #4 and lost it. (Just like that funny little NoCal team in 2002 did)

Look for a win tonight and closure this Thursday for the Lakers.

Provided the Boot Accessorizors avoid the Coach of the Year (Popovich) jinx against the Valley of the Sun, look for the REAL Championship Series to begin this Sunday.

PunkinDrublic
04-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Hopefully the T-Wolves won't have to beat both the Lakers and the refs this time around like in game three.

Logical
04-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by PunkinDrublic
Hopefully the T-Wolves won't have to beat both the Lakers and the refs this time around like in game three.

I don't think that was an issue tonight.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-29-2003, 10:53 PM

I don't think that was an issue tonight.

The Lakers beat the living bad word out of them.:eek:

Dang! BTW, did you see that slam by Kobe?:eek:

DaWolf
04-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Message to Garnett: this series is over. Too bad you're going to be the one sitting at home.

20-10-5-goodnight...

Logical
04-29-2003, 10:57 PM

The Lakers beat the living bad word out of them.:eek:

Dang! BTW, did you see that slam by Kobe?:eek:

Lakers need to start bringing their A game every night now. The regular season is over and this lackdaisical nonsense has to stop.

Kobe has game, of that no one can question.

The Bad Guy
04-29-2003, 11:13 PM
I really think that the loss of Rick Fox is going to help the Lakers in the long run.

I've thought all year that Devean George was better than him and now he has his chance.

He is more athletic, longer and can do more for the Laker offense than Fox can.

I think Fox is a decent player, but the Lakers are more lethal with George in the lineup, which is why George has been closing games pretty much all year and Fox has been riding the pine.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-29-2003, 11:15 PM

Lakers need to start bringing their A game every night now. The regular season is over and this lackdaisical nonsense has to stop.

Yep. If they don't, then one of these teams is gonna sneak and bite em', so to speak. They're marked.

Ecto-I
04-29-2003, 11:51 PM
The key is Devean George needs to be more consistant than he has been all year. He is more athletic, a better jumper, and takes the ball to the basket more than Rick does, but he doesn't shoot as consistantly, nor defend as well as Fox.

The good thing is that the loss of Fox will hopefully force the Lakeshow to up their level of focus (something that has been come and go).

BIG_DADDY
04-30-2003, 08:24 AM
Ecto wrote:The key is Devean George needs to be more consistant than he has been all year. He is more athletic, a better jumper, and takes the ball to the basket more than Rick does, but he doesn't shoot as consistantly, nor defend as well as Fox.

Devean is certainly better on the boards though which became obvious in this game. HE was shooting the long ball decently as well.

Jim,

Definately time for the A game every night. I am encouraged after watching the Spurs fight off the Suns in the 4th. SA is struggling to hold on to those huge leads they get.

BIG_DADDY
04-30-2003, 09:22 AM
Horry has started knocking down shots now too. Any of you Queen fans remember this? DOH!

BIG_DADDY
04-30-2003, 09:24 AM
I love that picture. The expressions on the faces of the Queens is priceless. ROFL

California Injun
04-30-2003, 11:11 PM
Anybody wishing that the Kings/Jazz series was only 5 games? Talk about a lop-sided mismatch. What is great about this "bye" for the Kings is that they won't face any pressure until the Lake Show pounds them in Game #1 of the Conference Finals.

Looks like the JailBlazers are making it interesting for the Cuban Cigars by forcing a Game #6 in Portland. How sweet would it be to see the Kings match up with a veteran team versus those pansy Mavs that have no defense.

Might a well call my shot for Game #6 (like the Game #5 shout out earlier) tomorrow as the 3-Time Champs send the hapless Cubs home AGAIN in the first round.

Has anybody told Wally Z that the play-offs are here?

Looks like Hudson came back to Earth with his 14 point average in Game #5.

The Lakers have finally figured out that press and should benefit from this experience in later rounds. Just another wrinkle that was ironed out by the Zenmaster.

Bring on those Boot Accessorizors....... or will it be the Suns?????

AJKCFAN
04-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Am I happy the Kings advanced tonight?

Yes and no.... really, I'm serious.

Yes, because it was nice to put a team away and advance, which for this series was inevitable..

No, because once again the refs really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really SUCK!!!!

This game was over 5 minutes into the game when a ref decides to place himself over the game, making himself a difference in the game, as opposed to an opposing player when he ejected Ostertag. You could say the ref who ejected Ostertag did the Jazz in more than any King (not to slight Bobby Jackson, Peja, or even Divac setting the tone early)

It was over.

Right then and there.

I'd have much rather won this game by playing a desperate Jazz team, giving their all.

After Ostertag (who had a very impressive series, possibly the Jazz MVP of the series) got bounced, the Jazz were not just desperate. They were toothless inside. Shorthanded. Outmanned. Call it what you will.

Thanks a lot, ref. :grr: Once again, you put yourself in a position to decide a game's (in this case season's) outcome because it was about being in the spotlight, at the expense of a team.

Seeing Ostertag's ejection sequence. He was called for a tacky foul on Divac and complained. Was it a strong protest? Yes. Enough to get a T? Debatable, but highly doubtful.

But the ref had an itchy trigger finger.

So Ostertag gets slapped with a T.

Ostertag has to stay cool, I realize that, but he has the right to be upset with getting a T... and the ref MUST walk away to avoid a continuation of the tension.

So Ostertag mouths off and gets ejected from a playoff game in the 1st quarter, not even 2 seconds after getting the original T.

I'm sorry. But that is just plain wrong.

The Jazz never had a chance afterwards. They should have been able to find out for themselves if they were going to have a chance this game with a full squad.

So I'm happy the Kings get to advance, but I know a raw deal when I see it.... and have the SAC to publicly acknowledge it, even if it favors my team.....

BIG_DADDY
05-01-2003, 11:00 AM
AJKCFAN,

Funny thing is the only bad officiating noticed on this BB is when it benefits the Lakers. There were several games that clearly benefited other teams including the Spurs last game as well as the Nets. Thanks for mentioning the fact that the Queens totally benefited from the removal of Ostertag. Most Queens fans always make themselves out to be the victims (Vladesyndrome). Since it was probably Stocktons & Malones last game it would have been nice to let them go down swinging instead of taking the game away from them like that.

Rausch
05-01-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm glad I don't give a fart in high wind about NBA ball any longer, because being a Jazz fan, and watching parts of game 1 and 2 of that series made me want to :Lin:

SNR
05-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Interesting game tonight. Looks bleak for my Wolves. At least they made the Lakers sweat for a bit there.

Here's hoping whoever the Lakers play next will repeat what Minnesota did only with more success :toast:

BIG_DADDY
05-01-2003, 12:36 PM
SNR,

Your T-Wolves played a good series and would have beat a lot of teams if they had not drawn the Lakers. Good luck in the future as you have the basis for a very good team there in the future.

SNR
05-01-2003, 04:50 PM
SNR,

Your T-Wolves played a good series and would have beat a lot of teams if they had not drawn the Lakers. Good luck in the future as you have the basis for a very good team there in the future. I'm really excited about Hudson next year. There's some issue to whether KG will stay in Minny or not. He got his money last time, and I'm hoping he thinks that Minnesota can be a very good team in the near future.

I'll be cheering for the Lakers the rest of the way now. Phil Jackson is a former Fighting Sioux.

BIG_DADDY
05-01-2003, 05:02 PM
SNR,

Lakers need George to step up on both sides of the ball and need to bring their best game from here on. If they do that they should be in control of their own destiny. I know the Queens fans are very high on a good team this year but they don't have to play anyone in the playoffs until they meet the Lakers so I guess we will see how good they really are then. They certainly had a swagger in that last game but that's not too hard when your playing the grey beards minus Ostertag.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-01-2003, 11:59 PM
Lakers win the series 4-2.

Who do you guys like in the next matchup...San Antonio or LA?

2bikemike
05-02-2003, 12:29 AM
I like the Lakers to win against SA. I really thought they would sweep Minnesota. It seems that the Lakers are a Jekyl and Hyde team. I guess everybody has off nights.

Logical
05-02-2003, 12:43 AM

Need you really ask?:D

tk13
05-02-2003, 12:54 AM

If Kobe and Shaq play like they did tonight, it'll be tough for anyone to beat the Lakers. Tim Duncan is playing as well as he ever has, and he'll really have to step up if he wants to give the Spurs a chance to win it. If Duncan doesn't back down this could be one heck of a series, but the Spurs have to get over this problem they've had of just folding up the tent every year when the Lakers come calling.

SNR
05-02-2003, 06:39 AM

Who do you guys like in the next matchup...San Antonio or LA? I've got a funny feeling about the Spurs, Oprah... :)

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2003, 08:08 AM
LA should beat San Antonio but they have to bring their best game every night. San Antonio swept the series but Shaq was only in two of those games and a gimp in one of the others. These Lakers are different than anything the Spurs have faced all year. I expect a very physical series with the LAkers winning in 6.

Pennywise
05-02-2003, 08:15 AM
LA should beat San Antonio but they have to bring their best game every night. San Antonio swept the series but Shaq was only in two of those games and a gimp in one of the others. These Lakers are different than anything the Spurs have faced all year. I expect a very physical series with the LAkers winning in 6.

I bet you are right. I'm taking L.A. for the whole shootin match.

California Injun
05-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Looks like there are two sets of fans getting worried about the JailBlazers forcing a Game #7.....

1. Those defenseless Cuban Cigars AND
2. Those soon to be grape Kool-aid drinking Farmers.

Wouldn't it be SWEET to see the Euros facing a HOT Portland team in the semi-finals instead of these pansy-assed Mavs that are on the brink of a Titanic CHOKE job?

All the greatest play-off seed planning in the world from the Sactown Euros could not have predicted this, eh? The Lakers had the sack to line up against the Boot Accessorizors by pounding the Warriors for the #5 seed.

Portland has more talent (when their heads are screwed on correctly) and more experience in big games. Cheeks and Pippen know what it takes to win a ring. Wells and Wallace are wired for the comeback and get this!!!

They can actually play DEFENSE!!!!

As for the soon to be 4 time Champs you ask?

I look to see them make a statement in Game #1 with a win. San Antonio continues to clank FTs in the clutch. Shaq-Diesel and Kobe are clicking so bring on the winner of the Blazer/Euros series.

AJKCFAN
05-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Cal:

I assume you're joking about the Kings being worried about Portland.

It won't matter who wins Game 7, the Kings will rip apart the winner in 5 games, like they did the Jazz.

Meanwhile, let's take Round 1.

(1)Spurs over (8)Suns in 6: Spurs didn't have it easy and had to get going to avoid the huge upset. They should be ready for the Lakers now.

(2)Kings over (7)Jazz in 5: The only team in the playoffs to win a short series, yet the Jazz pushed them. From this series, few thoughts. Peja is the best spot up jump shooter in the NBA (Kobe is even more dangerous, but his game is different in that Kobe will drive and stop or drive and penetrate, we're talking pure shooting... Peja is great at catching and shooting). You know you're good when the only thing Cal_Injun can rip you on is being unshaven. Webber is still horrific at the charity stripe, but he is shooting the jumper much better than he ever has before and has the "I'm obsessed with winning an NBA Title this year" attitude. Bibby is not yet playing 2002 ball, but we just started May. If Hudson can torch the Lakers like that, well I'm salivating over what Bibby has in store for them. Bobby Jackson is the glue to this team and plays so well. Adelman won't be foolish to leave him off the floor in the big spot again. What I've seen so far is these 4 Kings wanting the ball when the game is on the line, 5 perhaps if Jim Jackson is in at a big spot. Kings are better than they were a year ago, Circle Jerkers. Can you say the same for your team?

(3)Mavs vs (6)Blazers in 7: Cuban will erupt if they lose this series. It won't happen. Mavs will find a way to win, but the damage will be done. They'll have their confidence questioned and shot. They'll be tired from this series and will blow homecourt vs the Kings and will be down 3-1 going into Game 5. If the Blazers win, they're going to realize how much of a big jump up in class the Kings are to the Mavs. Guess I'm here to say thank you to both teams for playing right into our hands next round.

(5)Lakers over (4)Wolves in 6: not as easy as expected. Lakers get through. The fact that it was somewhat in doubt during Game 4 should be very alarming. The Wolves have no postseason winning history to speak of, so for the Lakers to have been extended to 6 here... let's put it like this to all you. The Lakers of the past 3 seasons sweep the Wolves. They don't lose Game 3 after forcing OT and fouling out Garnett. They don't get slaughtered in Game 2. That's not the Lakers of the past. Yeah, sure, they then trounced the Wolves in Games 5 and 6, but you know what? The Lakers of the past would have done the same, but in Games 1 and 2, or at the very least Games 3 and 4. Plus, there's no Rick Fox to defend Peja later.... aw shucks. All I'm saying is this... the Lakers better step up their game or this Dynasty is over even before they reach Sacramento.

Where is the action on the wagering Big Daddy and I got going a couple of weeks ago? Cal_Injun, put something creative at work.

P.S. Big Daddy: Keep posting the Horry pic. Before this spring is out, Circle Jerkers like you will be fondly reminiscing on that the way Celtics fans remember Bird to Dennis Johnson layup off the fluke Isaiah Thomas pass to win the Pistons series. As in, fortunate to have won that series, but getting their asses handed to them for lunch the following year by a vengeful team in the rematch.

Y'all don't scare me and your team doesn't scare the Kings either.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-03-2003, 02:19 PM
IMO, the Lakers will beat the Spurs in 6. They seem poised again. Phil Jackson said something like, "Kobe said, 'hey they sweeped us in the regular season, so we should sweep them now; in the playoffs.'"

BIG_DADDY
05-03-2003, 02:29 PM
AJKCFAN wrote:

P.S. Big Daddy: Keep posting the Horry pic.

Per your request, no problem. BTW, even if the Lakers fail to win their fourth straight it is far from the end of this dynasty. Kobe is only 24 and Shaq Daddy has a long time left as well. The Lakers are one strong power forward away from being unbeatable and don't be surprised if you see Malone in purple and gold next year. I will agree that your Queens played one hell of a series against the Grey beards and will not have to play a real team until they meet the Lake show so this next series you should close out in 5. I do believe you will be playing the Blazers as opposed to the Mavs though. I believe you are wrong there. This playoffs has been perfect being a Lakers fan as I would like to see them beat all the best teams to shut all the traps that are flapping out there. Championships are always sweeter like that anyway, so make sure your Queens win the next one as I would have it no other way. I will bet you the series when they meet no problem. Anywho, just dropped by work so I got to get out of here. Talk smack with ya monday.

AJKCFAN
05-03-2003, 03:12 PM
don't be surprised if you see Malone in purple and gold next year.

So you think... he may be in purple and be playing in California, but...

On the NBA: If Malone leaves Utah, he'll stay in the West
By Scott Howard-Cooper -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 a.m. PDT Friday, May 2, 2003
Farewell ... and see you soon?
The maze of possibilities that serpentined through Arco Arena late Wednesday came with the greatest twist of all: Sacramento thinking it was giving John Stockton and Karl Malone a classy send-off in the final moments of the Utah Jazz season but actually, and unknowingly, beginning the push to deliver Malone on a full-time basis. Your turn, Kings.

Although Texas and Southern California have been the most-publicized potential landing spots when Malone becomes a free agent July 1, Sacramento is "definitely" a strong candidate, according to one person with knowledge of his thinking. It's also known the Kings have been high on Malone's list all season, rather than a late consideration to leverage the three other Western Conference contenders, and that the NBA's second-leading all-time scorer would come even as a power-forward backup to Chris Webber.

Malone will not comment, except with the general disclaimer that "I feel that I can play anywhere that guys compete." Sources, however, describe him as someone who'll decide soon about whether to leave the Jazz but will take until mid-June to decide his order of preference between the Kings, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs. The team that wins this season's championship will drop down on his list for July 1.
That Malone doesn't want a destination where it's perceived he's jumping on coat tails says everything about the emotional nature of his decision and his personality. But Malone has four serious candidates and the home-state New Orleans Hornets as a longshot if he leaves Utah, and, it has been learned after conversations with current and former members of the Jazz organization and people close to Malone, that the Lakers are the current No. 1 pick.

"Without a doubt," one source said of Los Angeles being at the top of the list, pending the outcome of the playoffs.

Malone has said he would be willing to take a massive paycut from his 2002-03 salary of $19.25 million and accept the mid-level exception of approximately $4.5 million next season to sign with a contender, as would be required to join Los Angeles, Sacramento or Dallas, all over the salary cap. San Antonio will be able to outspend any of them but might use its envious financial flexibility to sign a point guard (Jason Kidd) or a replacement for retiring center David Robinson, leaving the Spurs the same exception to offer Malone.

A two-year contract, with the second season worth approximately $5 million, will take Malone to age 41 and likely be the last of his career. The lure to stay longer would come if Malone was still chasing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's all-time scoring record of 38,387 points, which would require 98 more games at this season's rate of 20.6 points per outing, an especially tough pace to maintain if he goes to the Kings or Spurs as a backup or the Lakers as the third option on offense.

The plan is for Malone's wife, Kay, to do most of the legwork in the free-agent process, traveling to the select cities to consider everything from housing to schools for their four kids, ages 4 to 11. Eighteen seasons have given the Mailman more than enough time to form his own impressions, and the financial negotiations will be simple since most teams will be locked into the same offer. The opinion of his wife and kids, Malone said, will account for 75 percent of his decision, although another potentially strong factor was eliminated when his 21-year-old daughter, Cheryl Ford, was a first-round WNBA pick by the Detroit Shock, rather than the Monarchs, Los Angeles Sparks or San Antonio Silver Stars.

It's still not certain if Malone will leave the Jazz, with the idea of spending an entire career with the same franchise having held a long-standing appeal, and because he loves Utah. Much depends on whether Jerry Sloan, for whom Malone has great trust and appreciation, returns as coach, and Sloan said he has no timetable on his decision.

Much of what Malone likes about Salt Lake City are the same features that draw him to Sacramento -- a smaller market for the country kid from Summerfield, La., who plans to someday live on his Arkansas ranch. He also likes the outdoors, wide spaces to ride his motorcycles and fans as passionate and supportive as the Jazz had during its years among the elite. The Kings themselves have followed the Utah model of a stable franchise, with consistency in the front office, coaching staff and roster.

It's not an easy call for the Kings, though. It's impossible to overstate how much some roster decisions will depend on the level of this season's playoff success, and the issue beyond that is whether Keon Clark will opt out of his contract and become a free agent. If Clark leaves, the Kings will lose an athletic inside presence and a candidate to eventually replace Vlade Divac at center but get a shot at Malone, who could have a greater immediate impact. He would be an ideal fit as one of the best passing power forwards and a scoring threat from the low post or perimeter. His strength also will allow him to defend most centers.

And if Clark doesn't opt out? The Kings could look for an offseason trade, but, based on their current roster, it's tough to imagine investing almost $10 million in Malone when they already have Webber, Divac, Clark and Scot Pollard at power forward and center. But it's even tougher to imagine them not pushing for Malone with the awareness he could sign with L.A. and answer the Lakers' one consistent need, a power forward. The Maloofs' choice might be to take on another contract, the last thing the ownership group wants, as a defensive move rather than see him sign with You Know Who.

The Lakers have long held a special attraction to Malone. The only other time he gave serious thought to leaving the Jazz was to push for a trade to Los Angeles during the 1998-99 lockout season, even if it never came close to happening beyond his imagination. And while it would be the most dramatic shift of surroundings, Kay has already signed off on living there, making it, beyond anything, the Lakers' turn.

AJKCFAN
05-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Phil Jackson said something like, "Kobe said, 'hey they sweeped us in the regular season, so we should sweep them now; in the playoffs.'"

Someone needs to investigate that funny smell coming from the Lakers lockerroom...:bong:

That prediction will ring hollow after Game 1, as the Spurs are on a mission of their own to destroy LA.

LA needs a split in San Antonio desperately in the first two.

AJKCFAN
05-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Well, we'll see how much Dallas learned from their spanking last year. Apparently, if the Portland series is any indication, very little. Still, I give the Mavs enough respect to split the first two in Dallas (likely winning Game 2) and then possibly winning Game 4 to regain homecourt and make the series 2-2. From there, the Kings will take them out in 6, but I can see the series end with the Kings advancing to the Western Conference Finals in 5.

AJKCFAN
05-05-2003, 03:56 PM
What a year for poor Rick Fox

First, he gets KO'd by Christie (which, by the way, has been the only thing Christie actually connected on all year). Now, he's out the year and possibly next year with the foot problem.

Well, they do say things come in 3's. There's 2 right there.... maybe ol' Rick needs to pay attention to the lust Vanessa has in her eyes for Jim Jackson, like Toni Braxton once did....

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2003, 04:07 PM
AJKCFAN wrote:the NBA's second-leading all-time scorer would come even as a power-forward backup to Chris Webber.

That's the reason he will NOT become a Queens fan. He could start on the Lakers, make more points, make an impact and get his title.

Good luck with your Queens, GO LAKERS!!!

ROYC75
05-05-2003, 05:54 PM
AJKCFAN wrote:

That's the reason he will NOT become a Queens fan. He could start on the Lakers, make more points, make an impact and get his title.

Good luck with your Queens, GO LAKERS!!!

Again I say, Cal Injun would have a cow !ROFL

|Zach|
05-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Whoa Whoa....watch the ball play on Robinson....Spurs up 1-0 :toast:

CASHMAN
05-05-2003, 10:23 PM
87-82 SPURS WINN GAME 1!!!!:clap: :clap:

CASHMAN.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-05-2003, 10:39 PM
I just can't believe Duncan got MVP, again. That dudes game is softer than toilet paper.

Mile High Mania
05-06-2003, 06:21 AM
I'm not exactly a Spurs fan... but, you have to like Duncan. He stayed his full term in college, plays a solid game, overall good guy and his team is 1 up on the Lakers.

Suh-weeet!

I'm anxiously awaiting the Mavericks/Kings series - THAT will be some exciting basketball.

Chief Faithful
05-06-2003, 06:34 AM
Fox is the heart of the Lakers and their key defensive specialist. Now that he is out the Lakers are toast. I don't see them getting past the Spurs or even pushing the series to 6 games.

Spurs in 5.

Mile High Mania
05-06-2003, 06:37 AM
I would love to see the Mavs win a 6 game series with the Kings, but if they win it ... I see a 7 game series. The Mavs will need that many simply b/c of the lack of a big man.

If the Mavs can win, I'd love to see an all-Texas Western Final.

I doubt the Mavs can pull it off though. That Portland series took a lot out of them.

SNR
05-06-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Mile High Mania
I would love to see the Mavs win a 6 game series with the Kings, but if they win it ... I see a 7 game series. The Mavs will need that many simply b/c of the lack of a big man.

If the Mavs can win, I'd love to see an all-Texas Western Final.

I doubt the Mavs can pull it off though. That Portland series took a lot out of them. If the Mavs beat the Lakers, I will cry.

Mile High Mania
05-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Well, the only way the Mavs would play the lakers if for the Mavs to beat the Kings and the Lakers to beat the Spurs.

I don't see any way in hell the Mavs beat the Lakers, ever. Thankfully for them, they may not have to worry about it.

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2003, 08:12 AM
First Fox goes down and then George? That really sucks because we have nobody to play forward now. Kobe will have to play out of position now and that dramastically lowers the chances for a repeat. The look on Phil's face said it all when George didn't get up. This really sucks. :cuss: I see all the Lakerhaters are stoked.

Mile High Mania
05-06-2003, 08:16 AM
Yes ... it's good to see the king fall.

KILLER_CLOWN
05-06-2003, 08:27 AM
although it's not even remotely over, i'll take the 3 time chumps to take a dump, then my beloved sactown kings can rule the NBA. woot woot!!!

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2003, 08:28 AM
MHM wrote:Yes ... it's good to see the king fall.

Sometimes I think the Lakerhaters would be stoked if their plane just went down. It would be better for the game right? :rolleyes:

Mile High Mania
05-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Clown... although I'm thinking the Mavs will lose the series, the Mavs/Kings should be a truly GREAT series! I don't watch much basketball, but I love watching these two teams play.

Mile High Mania
05-06-2003, 08:29 AM
BD ... don't get all pissy. I don't like 'bandwagon' teams - such as the old Bulls, the Cowboys, Lakers, Braves, Yankees.

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2003, 08:43 AM
KC wrote:although it's not even remotely over, i'll take the 3 time chumps to take a dump, then my beloved sactown kings can rule the NBA. woot woot!!!

And there is the difference between Laker fans and Queens fans. If you look throughout this thread I have always wanted to play a healthy Spurs team and a healthy Queens team so the Lake show would beat the best of the best. The Queens fans have wished for nothing short of the great plague to hit the Lake show so they don't get spanked once again. :spank:

MHM wrote:the Mavs/Kings should be a truly GREAT series!

The Mavs are great team to watch if you hate seeing any defense.

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2003, 08:49 AM
MHM wrote:BD ... don't get all pissy.

I am not pissy and this wasn't aimed at you as much as Queens fans in general. The other teams I like are the Chiefs, SF Giants NL, A's AL, Sharks so you really can't call me a bandwagoner either. I initially was a Bucks fan when I was a kid and loved watching big O and Kareem slice and dice. When they broke up the team and big O retired I just kind of followed Kareem over to the Lakers and have been a fan ever since.

Chief Faithful
05-06-2003, 08:53 AM
And there is the difference between Laker fans and Queens fans. If you look throughout this thread I have always wanted to play a healthy Spurs team and a healthy Queens team so the Lake show would beat the best of the best. The Queens fans have wished for nothing short of the great plague to hit the Lake show so they don't get spanked once again.

Quit the whinning.

The Kings fans didn't use the excuse of the injury to Peja and Weber when they faced the Lakers last year. Its part of the game.

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2003, 09:14 AM
CF,

It's whining not whinning, I would think you would know that being a Queens fan. I am not whining, injuries are a part of the game, no excuses. I was just pointing out how pathetic many Queens fans are, nothing else. I actually like many of the players on the Queens. It's queerbaits like Vladeflop that don't deserve a ring .

Chief Faithful
05-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Thank you for the spelling lesson.

Quit "whining".

The Lakers have had a good three year run, but it is over. You no longer need to demean fans of other teams to build you own self-esteem. I'm sure Shaq will still be a malevolent as ever next year when Divac and the Kings are the champions giving you more reasons to live.

KCTitus
05-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Im pretty sure the Lakers win game 2...I heard Phildo whining about the refs, so that should clear up any issues.

ROYC75
05-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Who is whining ? Not me ! I want the Lakers healthy when they lose, this way the Lakers will be whining about some other reason their invinsible team lost !:D

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2003, 10:07 AM
ROY wrote:Who is whining ? Not me ! I want the Lakers healthy when they lose, this way the Lakers will be whining about some other reason their invinsible team lost !

Outstanding!!:toast: No whining though. Lake show has never had a deep bench in order to stay under the cap. That's a personnel decision and you live and die with it. GO LAKERS!!

Titus wrote:Im pretty sure the Lakers win game 2...I heard Phildo whining about the refs, so that should clear up any issues.

Don't make stuff up. The officiating was horrible as it's always been. That 3rd foul called on Duncan was a joke just as the no call was when Kobe drove the lane and had 3 guys get all arm and no ball. What are going to do, you got to rise above all that.

LMO
05-06-2003, 11:51 AM
I hope the Spurs beat the stupid Lakers, so that the Dallas Mavericks can win another NBA Title:D

Chief Faithful
05-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Don't make stuff up. The officiating was horrible as it's always been. That 3rd foul called on Duncan was a joke just as the no call was when Kobe drove the lane and had 3 guys get all arm and no ball. What are going to do, you got to rise above all that.

I totally agree.

munkey
05-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by LMO
I hope the Spurs beat the stupid Lakers, so that the Dallas Mavericks can win another NBA Title:D

:spock:

When did the Mav's win a title?

Just wondering

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2003, 12:28 PM
munkey wrote:When did the Mav's win a title?

Exactly, when did the no defense Mav's win a title? :toast:

AJKCFAN
05-06-2003, 03:49 PM
It's queerbaits like Vladeflop that don't deserve a ring .

This is a classic case of selective memory by the Circle Jerkers. I've said time and time again Divac flops, but puh-leaze don't say it's just Vlade who does this and puh-leaze don't say the Lakers don't have a few floppers of their own.

Let's take Derek Fisher, who is aptly named, for he flops around like a fish, desperately trying to draw the charge. Too bad for him PG after PG have made him their bitch (Bibby last year, Hudson already this year) in the playoffs, as he has been exposed as a one-dimensional player who can only score when left wide open.

Robert Horry is another. His whole career is filled with mainly clutch huge shots, I won't deny that. But sprinkled in his greatness in the big spot is his brilliant flopping. Latest case, Game 3 in the Wolves series, drawing the charge on Garnett by taking a 10 foot flop. He's done it to Webber too, but until now, I've never said boo about it. If he wasn't such a beast in the clutch, he'd have called it a career years ago, cause the man can't defend.

So...

QUOTE]Originally posted by BIG_DADDY
It's queerbaits like Vladeflop that don't deserve a ring . [/QUOTE]

OK. Whatever....

AJKCFAN
05-06-2003, 03:55 PM
That "whoosh" you hear is from the Cowtown Euros as they get a cakewalk to the Western Finals by playing the Utah Greybeards and then the defenseless Cuban Cigars.

Love hearing about the "Greybeards", when the Lakers trot out the likes of Brian Shaw (now an 89 year old grandpa forced to play major minutes due to injuries), Fox and Horry.

Well, Fox already has a head start on using a walker....

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2003, 04:18 PM
This is a classic case of selective memory by the Circle Jerkers. I've said time and time again Divac flops, but puh-leaze don't say it's just Vlade who does this and puh-leaze don't say the Lakers don't have a few floppers of their own.

Queerbait Vlade flops and cries more when he plays the Lakers than the entire Laker team x3. Give me a break.

WilliamTheIrish
05-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Robert Horry is another. His whole career is filled with mainly clutch huge shots, I won't deny that. But sprinkled in his greatness in the big spot is his brilliant flopping.

........ Last night's 'fly swatter maneuver' on David Robinson's testes was nice new touch.

TEX
05-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Spurs in 7!:toast:

TEX
05-06-2003, 04:36 PM

Queerbait Vlade flops and cries more when he plays the Lakers than the entire Laker team x3. Give me a break.

Yep, Vlade does flop and Shaq GETS AWAY WITH MURDER on offense and defense. IF Vlade doesn't foul out of game 7 (Many QUESTIONABLE CALLS against him) last year, the Kings win.

This year, the Lakers will NOT get passed the Spurs. I LOVED watching Shaq pick up his LEGITIMATE 6th foul last night when he SHOVED D.Rob out of bounds with a timely fore arm to the back as D.Rob had Shaq boxed out perfectly. CLASSIC cross-eyed look on Shaqs face as he took a seat! :toast:

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2003, 04:52 PM
KCCFT wrote:CLASSIC cross-eyed look on Shaqs face as he took a seat!

At least he didn't turn the game into Romperoom and leave a trail of tears all the way to the bench like Queerbait Vladeflop would have. Shaq gets by with stuff and he also is the recipient of many flagerant fouls and regular fouls that never get called because he is big and supposed to take it.

TEX
05-06-2003, 04:57 PM
KCCFT wrote:

At least he didn't turn the game into Romperoom and leave a trail of tears all the way to the bench like Queerbait Vladeflop would have. Shaq gets by with stuff and he also is the recipient of many flagerant fouls and regular fouls that never get called because he is big and supposed to take it.

Maybe so, but this year the Lakers won't have to worry about the Kings or Vlade flopping because they'tr not gonna get past the SPURS!

I still LAUGH when some basketball pundits proclaim Shaq as the best center of all time. Chamberlin, Jabbar, Olajuwon, Russell all had more game. ;)

picasso
05-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey take it from Kobe now folks, it's a long series and the Lakers know what it takes to go a long series (as Kobe mentioned after the Lakers beat the Wolves). The first 2 games you kind of test each other out, and then break down the individual players and match ups and utilize your strengths to your advantage.

duh!!!!

The Twolves didn't have any strengths other than Hudson. And Flip Saunders would take the man out in the fourth period of each one of the last 3 games that they lost. It was coaching that lost that series against the Lakers. Bad coaching. Oh and inexperience.

What I love about them playing the Spurs is that Shaq is getting the calls on him. FINALLY!!! Elbows to the face, stepping across the free throw line, 3 second violations and traveling. I love it.
But watch, the next game will be a new crew calling it totally the other way and just may when the game for them.

The one thing I didn't like about the game last night was the dirty plays by Horry. There were so many flagrants initiated by that man it was sick. The one that was obvious was called but the one before where he fell on the floor and leaned up to floor check Bowens at the knees to keep him from getting to Kobe's 2nd 3 pointer should have been an ejection. Intentional unsportmanlike crap.
GO KINGS!!!

BIG_DADDY
05-06-2003, 05:09 PM
KCCFT,

Don't really want to debate centers right now but I will say that Shaq is bringing more this year. Better free throw shooting, a new hook shot and he is shooting from further back as well. He is working on his game and getting better.

picasso,

Losing George will hurt the Lakers. They have to move Kobe down to small forward and rework the entire O. Should be interesting.

TEX
05-06-2003, 05:30 PM
KCCFT,

Don't really want to debate centers right now but I will say that Shaq is bringing more this year. Better free throw shooting, a new hook shot and he is shooting from further back as well. He is working on his game and getting better.

picasso,

Losing George will hurt the Lakers. They have to move Kobe down to small forward and rework the entire O. Should be interesting.

Fine, then we'll save that debate for another time. I do not feel that Shaq has brought anything unique to the game or has done anything to improve the game by his game. The truly great ones that I mentioned have.

AJKCFAN
05-07-2003, 10:41 PM
Fishing this out of the middle pages (Page 5 this time)... I regret to inform Chiefs Planet that the bandwagon Circle Jerkers will not be here tonight whooping it up... once again.

Hey, stand in and take it like a man, win or lose. I mean, the Iraqi Army put up more of a fight defending their cause than the Circle Jerkers have been. Even the Mavericks interior D is tougher than you guys....

Do I, a die-hard Kings fan, have to say it and rally the Circle Jerkers to come back on a team which is 6-0 over their Dying-sty? That the series is far from over?

The jaws aren't flapping from the Circle Jerkers anymore.... mainly because the scoop is out. The Dying-sty are beatable.

VERY beatable.

In fact, you get past the Big Two and this team has absolutely nothing.

How Cal_Injun can bash "Euros" all day long and now has to rely on Slava Medevenko to help save the Dying-sty? Memo to Cal_Injun: how would "Euros" Peja or Hedo look in Laker gold right now?

The Dying-sty played 10 men tonight; 6 of which who would not make the Kings roster (need I say them?... well, I will: Medevenko, Shaw, Rush, Pargo, Madsen, Walker... and they played a combined 108 minutes, or 108 more minutes than they would playing in Sac-Town)

Now, for the 2nd straight series, Kobe and Shaq have to shoulder the load, 2 vs 8.. and I don't care how young Kobe is or how much healthier Shaq is than last year, in these grueling playoffs, they are close to exhaustion.

Still think they'll pull out this series... although thinking that seems more and more ridiculous with each game I see the Dying-sty play.

If they somehow do, you just watch how the Kings are going to rip their skulls off. Get ready to be whacked. (please copy.... :titus: )

Y'all don't scare me and your Dying-sty doesn't scare the Kings either (or the Spurs for that matter)....

Chiefs Pantalones
05-07-2003, 10:54 PM
AJKC,

Sure, the Lakers have some injuries, but whoever the GM and owner is of the Lakers deserves to get his butt kicked. Why would you surround Shaq and Kobe with the crap like they've got now? I'm shocked that they've won 3 straight championships with those crappy roll players, for real. I hear all this crap that they are strapped by the salary cap, but give me a break...if the Kings, Mavs, etc, can do it, then the Lakers can. They can afford more talent than they have. Shaq and Kobe won't win it all for them anymore. The Spurs, Kings, etc, have gotten deep (depth) while the Lakers have stood pat...pretty soon, one of the teams I have mentioned may just pass the Lakers by, due to the committment to the status quo. FWIW, I heard a couple of days ago that Phil Jackson has butted heads with the front office because of this. He doesn't want to stand pat.

It's ridiculous. You'd think they'd want to get better. I know they're 3 time champs, but teams are about to pass them by.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2003, 11:10 PM
I'm a Lakers fan and I'm here.

I've been a Laker fan since I started watching basketball when I was real young.

This is a defeated Lakers team. I said before this game began that LA was in big trouble to a couple of my friends and my prediction held true.

Robert Horry, while he has hit big shots, is completely worthless during these playoffs. He gets manhandeled by Duncan, is afraid to take his trademark 3's, and just makes stupid stupid decisions.

Bowen is doing an incredible job on Kobe (best I've ever seen) and besides Shaq, no players want to step up.

Brian Shaw should not be starting. Rush should be. Shaw just brings nothing to the table besides an occasional 3.

Cody is right. The GM and the owner are the reasons that the Lakers won't repeat again this year. The last three years, the Lakers have been lucky not to have been bitten by the injury bug during the playoffs, but this year is different and the lack of talent outside Shaq and Kobe is really glaring.

If they do lose this series, hopefully the only good thing that comes out of it is it lights a match under the front offices ass. There are some good power forwards available in FA this year. (Juwan Howard, PJ Brown, Karl Malone). I'm pretty certain that LA can lure one of those guys there for the mid-level exception.

You will see what the Lakers character is made out of on Friday night. Their character has been tested, but never like this in the last three years. The Spurs have beaten them at every aspect of the game.

If Bowen keeps playing the way he has, and Manu makes all the hustle plays and contributes 10-15 points a night I really don't see how the Lakers stand a chance. As a LA fan, that's a humbling statement to make.

The fact that they had 10 combined assists tonight and 11 the other night tells me how much Shaq and Kobe really don't trust the other 3 jerkoffs on the court with them.

I'm a diehard fan, I'm just willing to accept the truth. The Spurs have the better team this year.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Adam,

I find it pretty funny how you refer to the Lakers as the dying-sty when the Kings have never won shit.

I can take my lumps from a Spurs fan about the fact they are kicking LA's ass, but exactly what stripes have the Kings earned for you to talk smack about a dynasty to the Lakers? LA knocked them out of the playoffs three straight years for christ sake.

Go ahead, blame the refs like I expect you will do.

Logical
05-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Just checking in to say my team is sucking big time. Pitiful exhibition thus far.

J Diddy
05-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by The Bad Guy
I'm a Lakers fan and I'm here.

I've been a Laker fan since I started watching basketball when I was real young.

This is a defeated Lakers team. I said before this game began that LA was in big trouble to a couple of my friends and my prediction held true.

Robert Horry, while he has hit big shots, is completely worthless during these playoffs. He gets manhandeled by Duncan, is afraid to take his trademark 3's, and just makes stupid stupid decisions.

Bowen is doing an incredible job on Kobe (best I've ever seen) and besides Shaq, no players want to step up.

Brian Shaw should not be starting. Rush should be. Shaw just brings nothing to the table besides an occasional 3.

Cody is right. The GM and the owner are the reasons that the Lakers won't repeat again this year. The last three years, the Lakers have been lucky not to have been bitten by the injury bug during the playoffs, but this year is different and the lack of talent outside Shaq and Kobe is really glaring.

If they do lose this series, hopefully the only good thing that comes out of it is it lights a match under the front offices ass. There are some good power forwards available in FA this year. (Juwan Howard, PJ Brown, Karl Malone). I'm pretty certain that LA can lure one of those guys there for the mid-level exception.

You will see what the Lakers character is made out of on Friday night. Their character has been tested, but never like this in the last three years. The Spurs have beaten them at every aspect of the game.

If Bowen keeps playing the way he has, and Manu makes all the hustle plays and contributes 10-15 points a night I really don't see how the Lakers stand a chance. As a LA fan, that's a humbling statement to make.

The fact that they had 10 combined assists tonight and 11 the other night tells me how much Shaq and Kobe really don't trust the other 3 jerkoffs on the court with them.

I'm a diehard fan, I'm just willing to accept the truth. The Spurs have the better team this year.

Good outlook on this. Nothing worse than someone who refuses to admit every once in a while there is a team better than they support. Usually it is the refs. I salute you. :toast: