PDA

View Full Version : Which 18 are no longer Chiefs??

sd4chiefs
08-26-2000, 11:33 PM
Carl, Gun, Thum and crew met today at Arrowhead to get our roster down to 53 players. I'd assume that 6 of the 18 to be cut will be all of the NFLE players (including White) who had an exemption for the last cut. That gets us down to 12 more players. What are your guesses?

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

DaKCMan AP
08-26-2000, 11:50 PM
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Nick Gallery
<LI>Arland Bruce
<LI>Earl Riley
<LI>Rashaan Shehee
<LI>Jason Dunn- possible IR at least I thought he had a setback with his knee.
<LI>Chris Gall
<LI>Brian Waters
<LI>Norris Mccleary
<LI>Lamanzer Williams
<LI>Brian Shay
<LI>Desmond Kitchings
<LI>Ray Jackson
<LI>Rob Murphy
<LI>Mark Word
<LI>Jeff Smith
<LI>Gary Stills
<LI>Carltton Gray
<LI>Ted White/Collins/Moon
</UL>

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 08-27-2000).]

htismaqe
08-27-2000, 09:24 AM
Morphius,

I feel pretty much the same, except I have been thinking Word would be kept and Tim Terry would probably be released (do we know much about him?).

Also, Leslie O'Neal's spot will be open.

Does that get us down to 53? It seems like we're awfull deep at a couple of positions?

Luz
going top count...

htismaqe
08-27-2000, 09:31 AM
According to my count, we are still one person long.

You could be right, it could be Word, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Anders or Bennet.

We only need one back up FB; Anders is older, but Bennett has the bigger salery.

Luz
hopefully it won't come down to this...

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2000, 10:56 AM
Luz - You might be right, Both LB O'Neil and Tim Terry probably will not make the team. Gun like Word, but he didn't step up this offseason. Should know soon enough.

ddpatterson
08-27-2000, 11:34 AM
I think your list in #1 is a pretty good one, Morphius. However, I would not be surprised to see Dishman get released, along with both Moon and White, with an eye on the waiver wire for another QB.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2000, 11:54 AM
Milkman - It took me many edits to come up with that list, 12 was not to hard, after that it took some thought. I guess we will see today. I think Gray will be released before Dishman and we don't have many people at that posistion.

King_Chief_Fan
08-27-2000, 12:28 PM
Call me a homer, but I don't want to lose Kimble just yet. He brings stability to the locker room, and his successful commitment to return is amzing...

Dartgod
08-27-2000, 12:33 PM
Will there be a news conference (like on the radio) or do we have to wait on the written press for the cuts?

CaptnRon
The curious want to know

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2000, 12:36 PM
Ron - I'm going to try to keep my eye out on kcchiefs.com, I think it may go there first.

Dartgod
08-27-2000, 12:39 PM
I've seen some teams making trades. Any chance for the Chiefs?

CaptnRon
Up to no good, and now a regular. Hoootie hoo

ddpatterson
08-27-2000, 12:47 PM
Captain Ron,
What are the trades that you've seen?

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

Duck Dog
08-27-2000, 01:32 PM
I would be willing to trade all of them (yes even Brian Shay) to get ONE decent QB that would give Elfis a run for his money--and beat him!

Duck Dog
08-27-2000, 01:33 PM
Sorry,
that should have read Elvis

htismaqe
08-27-2000, 01:50 PM
Just because we don't release someone today doesn't mean we won't ~ if we can sign someone from the waiver wire to replace him.

For this reason and our lack of depth, I feel I can guarantee you that Dishman will not be waved today.

I would love to see us pick up a CB and a WR from waivers. Then I would hope we would trade for Mathews or some other QBOTF prospect (making room by letting Collins go).

Luz
we'll see...

08-27-2000, 02:23 PM
I hate to say it, but I almost bet 1 of our RB's from last years RBbC will go. That is in addition to Shehee. And I almost bet it will be Anders

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2000, 02:31 PM
JOhn - It will be interesting and not very suprising for someone else in that group to dissapear. They did trim down Anders contract this offseason, so he could be very cheap to drop. I don't like the idea, but they did not give him much playing time, but instead gave the playing time for the much less talented RB's of Bennett and Moreau. I wish they would hurry up with the info.

08-27-2000, 02:37 PM
Jeff
Is it me or did T-Rich not get much playing time either?

I really think Cloud, and Maoru (sp) will see both see a lot of time. And that makes me wonder who they will keep?

Ander? No
T-Rich? probebly
Bennet? ????
Shay? No
Cloud? Yes
Maroau? Yes

things that make you go hummmmmmmm

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2000, 02:43 PM
TRich was given a pretty big raise in the offseason, I remember hearing that he was going to be the main back in the single back set. I think we will see this against Indy, one of those things that we were keeping for the regular season.

They are not ready to cut Moreau and Bennett is still the backup FB.

Moon and Anders didn't see much playing time and Moon is afraid for his career. My guess is that Anders is riding the same bubble, part of Gun making this his team and not Marty's.

Dartgod
08-27-2000, 02:53 PM
A couple of trades, not too significant:

Still seeking help for a front seven that had significant problems stopping the run during the preseason, SportsLine.com has learned the Green Bay Packers on Sunday acquired defensive tackle Chuck Osborne from the Oakland Raiders for a fifth-round pick in the 2002 draft.

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Falcons on Sunday continued the dismantling of the team's 1997 draft, which the first under coach Dan Reeves. SportsLine.com learned the team has traded tight end O.J. Santiago to the Dallas Cowboys and released former first-round cornerback Michael Booker

CaptnRon
Glad to be of service<P>