PDA

View Full Version : Is reality coming back to the Royals

gh4chiefs
05-02-2003, 06:06 AM
I see they've now lost 4 in a row. Looks like the hot streak is over. Figures, I allow myself to get a little interest in them, even got tickets for the KC-St Louis game in June, and they go to hell.

Will the real 2003 Royals please stand up?

tk13
05-02-2003, 10:36 AM
It's a 162 game season. Every team is going to have streaks where they win and lose 4 or 5 in a row...that's the nature of the game. The Royals are still very young, so they are probably more apt to be streaky than a veteran team. They've just got to ride through it, there are still plenty of divisional games and plenty of games against the Tigers left to help make a playoff push. No matter what happens, at least it appears that this organization could actually be moving in the right direction for the first time in a decade. That's what I'm most excited about.

gh4chiefs
05-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Agreed,

We got a long ways to go. It's just hard to see them lose 5 out of 6 after getting off to such a good start. I used to be quite the Royals fan but lost interest in the Royals after Brett retired and baseball in general after the strike.

For now, I admit being a bandwagon fan.

DanT
05-02-2003, 06:34 PM
I think the Royals are going to have a good season. Their lineup is pretty solid. Watching their games (on the Internet) isn't like it has been in the last coupla' years where there'd be innings where you couldn't expect much of the upcoming batters. This year's team has a core of good hitters.

That Relaford acquisition was real shrewd. I also like that we sent Febles down to the Minors last year. It's about time the middle infielders realize they need to contribute on offense as well as defense!

spe725
05-05-2003, 08:24 AM
It happens. The same thing is happening to the Giants after their hot start. I think it's a given that a young team like the Royals will have some losing streaks, but it doesn't necessarily signal the beginning of the end.

gh4chiefs
05-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Well they certainly had a good weekend, winning 2 out of 3 against Baltimore. I've already got tickets to a couple of games this year, here's hoping they keep it exciting this year.

AJKCFAN
05-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Not even the 2001 Mariners, winners of 116 games, had as high a winning % as the Royals after 21 games (17-4).

Relax.

The White Sox and Twins are our only competition for the AL Central... and by the looks of things, neither team is a shoe-in for 90 wins. Heck, both might max out at 85 wins, if that.

Royals just got to maintain the hot start and stay ahead of the pack... and as the games go on, the high belief they already have will only increase... and the baseball world will realize the Royals really won;t go away this year.

This is the year for the Royals to return to the AL Playoffs and will do so... as AL Central Champions

tk13
05-06-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by AJKCFAN
Not even the 2001 Mariners, winners of 116 games, had as high a winning % as the Royals after 21 games (17-4).

Relax.

The White Sox and Twins are our only competition for the AL Central... and by the looks of things, neither team is a shoe-in for 90 wins. Heck, both might max out at 85 wins, if that.

Royals just got to maintain the hot start and stay ahead of the pack... and as the games go on, the high belief they already have will only increase... and the baseball world will realize the Royals really won;t go away this year.

This is the year for the Royals to return to the AL Playoffs and will do so... as AL Central Champions

Good post. I'm certainly not putting the Royals up as world beaters yet, but I don't see why they can't be thrown into the mix for a division title yet. Minnesota will probably put some good runs together, and the Sox are dangerous, but winning the division and at least making the playoffs isn't out of the question. The Royals could play .500 ball the rest of the way and win almost 90 games. There are still tons of divisional games left to sort out who's the real deal.

ROYC75
05-06-2003, 11:57 AM
KC and the baseball world is in for a real deal this year....... Wouldn't this be sweet ........

Last year 62 - 100

This year 100 - 62

What a story !

gh4chiefs
05-06-2003, 12:23 PM

You know, I want to believe, but they've sucked for so long it's hard to get my hopes up. Because every single time I get my hopes up and start believing in a KC sports franchise . . . (Think 97) . . .

:cuss:

AJKCFAN
05-06-2003, 04:12 PM
gh4chiefs:

In 1997, the best the Royals were was when they were 20-17.

They were in 1st Place for 1 whopping whole day.

Much different story here... plus the 1997 AL Central featured the eventual AL Champion Indians.

We agree the Twins or White Sox aren't AL Championship caliber, right?

Dartgod
05-06-2003, 04:23 PM
gh4chiefs:

In 1997, the best the Royals were was when they were 20-17.

They were in 1st Place for 1 whopping whole day.

Much different story here... plus the 1997 AL Central featured the eventual AL Champion Indians.

I think he's referring to the Chiefs. '95 also. :cuss: :cuss:

gh4chiefs
05-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Dartgod

I think he's referring to the Chiefs. '95 also. :cuss: :cuss:

That would be correct.

grandllama
05-06-2003, 11:48 PM

I bleed Royal Blue, but it is safe to assume that the WS champion isn't going to come from the AL Central this year... use this year to get the kids ready to play, live thru the growing pains, hoist another flag in left field (2003 AL Central Champions) and get ready to come back next year and kick some real ass....

gh4chiefs
05-15-2003, 08:18 AM
The Royals have lost 12 out of their last 19 games. I still think the fast start was a fluke. They're better than they were, but it looks to me as if they're fading.

Sure-Oz
05-16-2003, 08:43 AM
All I know is they need to play alot better from here on out, with Minnesota starting to play now.

I think we are better than last year, we are really pushing our luck right now with that 9-0 start, we need to string up a decent streak. Winning preferably...

Jumbo
05-24-2003, 06:04 PM
I still say the royals are gonna win the world series this year. They're just tired of winnin thats the reason for all the losses right now, come playoff time you'll see a totally different team, it'll be like night and day.

:banghead: :banghead:

Sure-Oz
05-25-2003, 12:14 AM
:LOL:

Ultra Peanut
05-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by gh4chiefs
The Royals have lost 12 out of their last 19 games. I still think the fast start was a fluke. They're better than they were, but it looks to me as if they're fading. As a Cubs fan, I can inform you that it's a BAD thing when your team starts fading in May.

gh4chiefs
05-28-2003, 06:56 PM
And the slide continues. :shake:

gh4chiefs
05-30-2003, 06:05 AM
I started this thread because common sense told me that the Royals just couldn't be as good as their fast start indicated. But I didn't expect them to fall off this much.

Oh well, I had lost interest in baseball anyway. I'm going to the game tomorrow. After that I guess I can go back to my apathy and wait for football to start.

gh4chiefs
06-02-2003, 06:01 AM
Went to the game Saturday. Had a good time, even if it was a losing cause. I will give the Royals credit for one thing. They made the game exciting. Plus I got my Brett Bubushka doll. I'll have try to take a picture of it and post it later tonight.