PDA

View Full Version : I am a FAT BASTARD!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

WilliamTheIrish
07-25-2003, 11:52 PM
.. those pics I posted were a joke.

I'm really happy to see you are making progress.

Keep working dude.

philfree
07-26-2003, 12:02 AM
You can lose all the weight you wantTimmy but you'll still be ugly. :D :evil: :whip: ;)

PhilFree :arrow:
~I love you man~

Frazod
07-26-2003, 12:23 AM
You can lose all the weight you wantTimmy but you'll still be ugly. :D :evil: :whip: ;)

~I love you man~

Hey, I'm large and lovely..... :D

William, that sounds like a nightmare. Whatever you got paid tonight, it wasn't enough... :shake:

Rausch
07-26-2003, 04:14 AM
From this

I saw this thread at the top tonight and wanted to relate something to all of you. Tonight, I had to deal with an ER patient who weighed an estimated (cause we don't have a scale that goes that high) 700#

This person laid across TWO ER gurneys and had a canvas sheet underneath (this person). The sheet would connect to a huge home crane which was how this person was moved from place to place.

I kid you not.

Keep working it Fraz.

Hear me now: if I EVER get so damned fat that I can't move without the assistance of heavy machinery, please, just ****ing shoot me in the face.....Just end it.....really....that's just sad..... :shake:

Rausch
07-26-2003, 04:20 AM
Hey, I'm large and lovely..... :D

Note to BB community: The Zodster just described HIMSELF as "lovely."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=5696&stc=1

:spock:

J4Quick
07-26-2003, 07:57 AM
:cuss:

And I'm not going to take it anymore!

I hereby publicly declare war on bulging gut and giant ass! 4321

Wish me luck! Hopefully the next time any of you see me, you'll see much less of me.

Try Atkins and forget Lean Cuisine. The low-fat "diet" foods just have more carbos. The carbs are what add the weight. Eat all the fat you want just don't eat things like bread and sugar.

Steak and eggs & cheese, no frys or bread

Different things work for different body types but Atkins is the best bet IMO.

Frazod
07-26-2003, 09:14 AM
Try Atkins and forget Lean Cuisine. The low-fat "diet" foods just have more carbos. The carbs are what add the weight. Eat all the fat you want just don't eat things like bread and sugar.

Steak and eggs & cheese, no frys or bread

Different things work for different body types but Atkins is the best bet IMO.

No goofy diets for me, thanks. I'm losing and have lost weight by eating sensibly and exercising. I have cut out the fried foods, but no way in hell will I give up bread and pasta.

And Brad, don't make me dig out that picture of you in the senorita dress.... :evil:

Coogs
08-17-2003, 07:54 PM
I needed to pull this thread back to the top. This thread was my motivation to drop 30 pounds this summer. I was down to a nice trim 192 pounds and holding pretty steady. I even had a low water mark of 188 pounds.

No I didn't have 6 pack abs, or anything like that, but I did have a nice flat tummy none the less.

I still am in pretty good shape, but I have allowed myself to creep back up to the 198-200 range. I swore I would not let myself get back over 200, and by gosh I am not going to let it happen.

I just got done walking a half of a mile to warm up, ran a half of mile in around 3 minutes and 45 seconds (not too bad for a 47 year old), and did a half of a mile cool down walk.

190 pounds, here I come again! Fat Bastard support group or not, here I come!

Coogs
08-17-2003, 07:58 PM
One more note. I had a checkup the other day, when I was weighing in at 194. My chelestoral (sp) was down nearly 90 points by using Zocor and exercise. Went from 222 to 133. My blood pressure is also down to 122 over 82.

grandllama
08-17-2003, 08:36 PM
I needed to pull this thread back to the top. This thread was my motivation to drop 30 pounds this summer. I was down to a nice trim 192 pounds and holding pretty steady. I even had a low water mark of 188 pounds.

Thanks for bringing it back up... perfect time for a Llama update...

I went on a bastardized version of Atkins on July 8. Very low carbs, but I'm also watching calories, and not eating more than 1500 a day.

On July 8, I weighed 373 pounds.

Tonight, 30 minutes ago I weighed 336.

I don't have the funds right now to buy a new wardrobe, but I take my shorts falling down around my ankles three or four times a day as a badge of honor :)

Rausch
08-17-2003, 08:44 PM

I went on a bastardized version of Atkins on July 8. Very low carbs, but I'm also watching calories, and not eating more than 1500 a day.

I don't have the funds right now to buy a new wardrobe, but I take my shorts falling down around my ankles three or four times a day as a badge of honor :)

Good God man, that's a keg! :eek:

Boozer
08-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Doing Atkins (well, sorta, I still drink "real" beer on occasion) I've dropped to 198 from 220 in just over a month an a half. It sure makes shopping easy. Went to the store today to stock the new apartment, my shopping list was: Eggs, bacon, butter, cheese, hamburger, whipped cream, deli turkey, bagged salad, and dressing.

Coogs
08-17-2003, 08:48 PM

:thumb: Attaboy Llama! Since I have put 6 or 7 pounds back on, I really do feel like a fat bastard again. My original goal was 185, but when I was at 190-192 I really felt and looked pretty darn good compared to where I was at 220. If I could just get to 188 again and maintain between 188-190 I would be a happy camper.

philfree
08-17-2003, 09:04 PM
You guys are doing good. I've prolly dropped 15 lbs since Jan. but that's not enough. I have no discipline. I ain't got no problem getting my excersise but at this point in life i'm not a good dieter. I ride my bike, lift once a week, swim a little, treadmill a little and play a little golf. But I can only control my intake for short periods of time. A couple good days and then a couple of bad. If I had kept a good diet since Jan. I would of lost twice as much weight.

Oh well I guess if I keep the activity up I'll be alright. And as long as my strength is up and I can always go when there's some type of game about life will be good. As long as can pass everyone walking up the ramp to the 3rd level of Arrowhead and then slam a 20oz beer.......

Phobia
08-17-2003, 09:11 PM
:thumb: Attaboy Llama! Since I have put 6 or 7 pounds back on, I really do feel like a fat bastard again. My original goal was 185, but when I was at 190-192 I really felt and looked pretty darn good compared to where I was at 220. If I could just get to 188 again and maintain between 188-190 I would be a happy camper.

I'm sure the Llama feels really badly for you.... ;)

Logical
08-17-2003, 09:35 PM

Congrats and keep it up.:toast:

PastorMikH
08-17-2003, 10:05 PM
30 pounds gone here as well since Fraz started this thread. Halfway kinda sorta dieted, but as much just staying too busy to snack over the last couple months has done about as much as anything I think.

Wat to go guys!

Frazod
08-17-2003, 10:06 PM
The Fat Bastard thread lives.... :D

Frazod is now down 50 pounds. 10 more to go to 200.

JOhn
08-17-2003, 10:07 PM
30 pounds gone here as well since Fraz started this thread. Halfway kinda sorta dieted, but as much just staying too busy to snack over the last couple months has done about as much as anything I think.

Wat to go guys!Well I managed to put on a whole 2 pounds this summer working at the resturant.

162, man I'm getting fat. ROFL

Phobia
08-17-2003, 10:18 PM
I guess I could give an update on my "diet". I'm not really doing much, just staying more active.

I don't know how much weight I've dropped, but my snug 36 pants & shorts are now loose and I'm wearing all my 34's again. I could stand to shed another 15 lbs, probably.... I wouldn't have washboard abs, but my belly would be flat at that weight.

BigOlChiefsfan
08-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Congrats to all y'all skinny bastards. I've dropped 18 lbs since June 25th.

2bikemike
08-18-2003, 12:43 AM
I guess I could give an update on my "diet". I'm not really doing much, just staying more active.

I don't know how much weight I've dropped, but my snug 36 pants & shorts are now loose and I'm wearing all my 34's again. I could stand to shed another 15 lbs, probably.... I wouldn't have washboard abs, but my belly would be flat at that weight.

Just wait till that baby get crawiling and walking. Then you'll really be active. BTW how tall and how much do you weigh. I am 5'10 and 185, my 34's are a little loose and my 32's are a little snug.

Phobia
08-18-2003, 12:53 AM
Just wait till that baby get crawiling and walking. Then you'll really be active. BTW how tall and how much do you weigh. I am 5'10 and 185, my 34's are a little loose and my 32's are a little snug.

I'm planning to start a cardio program out of necessity when she starts getting around. ;)

I'm 6' 210, but my head weighs about 40 lbs. Both that, and I'm a pretty stocky fellow. If I dip below 2 hundy, I might not be able to support my vast head, so I think I'm gonna drop another 10 lbs and buy more 34's.

Rausch
08-18-2003, 12:54 AM

You do realize that now you are no longer Martha Frazod.....you.....are....

TEH CHIEFSPLANET JAROD! YOU GO JAROD! ROFL

Phobia
08-18-2003, 12:57 AM

Congrats, Tim. That's quite an accomplishment. You know that most people tote around 3 or 4 lbs of hair on their head. You could easily shave it off and be that much closer to your goal.

philfree
08-18-2003, 01:01 AM
If I dip below 2 hundy, I might not be able to support my vast head,

Guilatin......(sp?)...That would solve your big head problem. That or maybe rub some Preperhation H on it....

~wouldn't appear so dumb if he could locate a spellchecker~

2bikemike
08-18-2003, 01:13 AM

Damn good job man. Keep it up and remember to maintain it. Just remember all the hard work you put in to get where you want to be.
Its a damn good feeling to make the accomplishment. So enjoy.

grandllama
08-18-2003, 06:21 AM
Doing Atkins (well, sorta, I still drink "real" beer on occasion) I've dropped to 198 from 220 in just over a month an a half. It sure makes shopping easy. Went to the store today to stock the new apartment, my shopping list was: Eggs, bacon, butter, cheese, hamburger, whipped cream, deli turkey, bagged salad, and dressing.

It sure is weird to go to the super center and only hit the outside lap around the aisles.... I rarely go into the center aisles unless I need olive oil or olives...

I hit an Ultra now and then, but I've rediscovered my joy of Bourbon & Water... 65 calories and no carbs :p

Boozer
08-18-2003, 06:33 AM
It sure is weird to go to the super center and only hit the outside lap around the aisles.... I rarely go into the center aisles unless I need olive oil or olives...

I hit an Ultra now and then, but I've rediscovered my joy of Bourbon & Water... 65 calories and no carbs :p

It is weird. I literally have no pantry right now. All my food is in the fridge. All this summer at my folks' house, the only food I ever got at room temp. was canned tuna. I've shifted my alcohol consumption to primarily scotch (Johnnie Walker Red, occasionally Black...I need Fraz to teach me about some affordable single malts!) and Miller Lite. However, from time to time, the temptation of real beer is too much, so I stick to the stouts and porters, which generally only have 8-10 carbs, as opposed to paler beers that might have 12-14.

whoman69
08-18-2003, 07:35 AM
Whoman could not keep up the pace. His old knees were not able to withstand the pounding. I have not put on any extra weight but still need to get the weight off. The waistband on my new pair of shorts is looking pretty sad. 25 lbs needed to take off, actual taken off 3 lbs.

grandllama
08-18-2003, 09:09 AM
I've shifted my alcohol consumption to primarily scotch (Johnnie Walker Red, occasionally Black...I need Fraz to teach me about some affordable single malts!) and Miller Lite. However, from time to time, the temptation of real beer is too much, so I stick to the stouts and porters, which generally only have 8-10 carbs, as opposed to paler beers that might have 12-14.

Never got into the taste of scotch, but it is nice to know my favorite types of beer are that low in carbs... I'll have to treat my self to a frothy Guiness tonight ;)

Frazod
09-09-2003, 10:00 PM
BTW, in light of what I said on the other thread :evil: I guess I should give an update.

I am now down to 203. FOUR MORE POUNDS TO GO!

BIG_DADDY
09-09-2003, 10:02 PM
BTW, in light of what I said on the other thread :evil: I guess I should give an update.

Outstanding work!!! :thumb:

Gotta hand it to someone who says their going to do it and does.

RedNFeisty
09-09-2003, 10:03 PM

WOW, I am very impressed. Keep up the great work!! :toast:

Raiderhader
09-09-2003, 10:04 PM

Damn, you better slow down or you'll catch up to me before too long. :D

Frazod
09-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Outstanding work!!! :thumb:

Gotta hand it to someone who says their going to do it and does.

Thanks.

In all honesty, I've been slacking a bit in the working out department, which I'm rather ashamed of. I should be a lot farther along with things than I am. :shake:

The good news is that the diet has stuck, which is the main thing that is keeping the weight down. But I need to get my ass back in gear.

morphius
09-09-2003, 10:07 PM
Nice work Fraz!

Coogs
09-10-2003, 06:00 AM

Way to go frazod! :toast:

I have worked my way back down to hanging between 192-194. Been under 190 two or three times, once even a week ago. I can't stay under that 190 barrier yet, but I am still working on it.

Ari Chi3fs
01-06-2004, 01:52 AM
how is the diet going Frazod?

KcMizzou
01-06-2004, 01:56 AM
how is the diet going Frazod?W(here)TF did this come from? Fraz was a lean, mean, karaoke singin', Donkey hatin' machine... last time I saw him.

tk13
01-06-2004, 02:02 AM
W(here)TF did this come from? Fraz was a lean, mean, karaoke singin', Donkey hatin' machine... last time I saw him.
Haven't you talked to Above Average???... he's still fatzod.. :spock: :D

Ari Chi3fs
01-06-2004, 02:06 AM
i was just scouring past threads with the most posts... thought I would bring it up to see how he is doing.

grandllama
01-06-2004, 02:11 AM
well, to update my progress... I maintained 325 - 330 (down from 385 from those who don't want to read all the posts) thru the holidays and am getting ready to go back on induction to get to my goal of 265.

tk13
01-06-2004, 02:14 AM
well, to update my progress... I maintained 325 - 330 (down from 385 from those who don't want to read all the posts) thru the holidays and am getting ready to go back on induction to get to my goal of 265.
Awesome, keep up the progress....

Fairplay
01-06-2004, 02:14 AM
I think my suggestion is the best.

Ari Chi3fs
01-06-2004, 02:27 AM
I was noticing there were no Before and After pics as promised.

A very endearing thread... I need to drop about 30 myself. I guess this thread seems the place to do it...

Im gonna pour the rest of my Mountain Dew down the drain. :D

Gaz
01-06-2004, 05:25 AM
The Atkins Wraps at Subway are entirely tolerable. Okay, they are actually better than tolerable. Fast food that will not break the carb bank.

CarboRite has low-carb breakfast bars that are very similar to the cereal-wrapped fruit bars that used to be a staple of the Gaz diet. You can find these at Wal-Mart.

A root beer float with CarbSmart ice cream [Bryers] and diet A&W root beer is a wonderful treat. Wal-Mart again.

Braums now has low-carb ice cream. Vanilla, chocolate, chocolate pecan and [the Rancho Gaz favorite] chocolate chip. Good stuff. Creamy and tasty.

More and more companies are bringing low-carb foods to the market. That means more comfort food for those of us restricting our carbohydrates.

I have lost a total of 40 pounds on Atkins/South Beach. The first 25 or so came of very quickly [a real motivator] and then the loss slowed. In all fairness, that is because I am now on OWL [Ongoing Weight Loss] and am not as militant as I was in the beginning.

The South Beach Diet book has tons of recipes that are not awful. The diet is nearly identical to Atkins, but the recipes are work investigating.. Do not pay for the on-line program. Check out the book at your local library and sift through the recipes.

xoxo~
Gaz
Too comfortable for his own good.

Frazod
01-06-2004, 06:03 AM
I was noticing there were no Before and After pics as promised.

A very endearing thread... I need to drop about 30 myself. I guess this thread seems the place to do it...

Im gonna pour the rest of my Mountain Dew down the drain. :D
Sure there are - you just have to dig for them. :D

Any of the pictures of me from the Donx game are AFTER pictures. Floating around in the anals of this place are several BEFORE pictures. I don't have the time to post them here at the moment.

With the onset of football season, winter and the holiday season, I've tapered off on my workouts, although I still get in some treadmill time and I'm slowly working back into my routine. I put a little weight back on over the holidays, but not too much (still fit comfortably in my new "thinner" clothes).

Any current picture of me would be a bit misleading, since I'm now sporting a full beard (in winter mode) which makes my face look even fatter than it actually is. :D

JOhn
01-06-2004, 06:13 AM
Any current picture of me would be a bit misleading, since I'm now sporting a full beard (in winter mode) which makes my face look even fatter than it actually is. :D
It's all relative Fatzod. :D ( sorry havn'e used that in awile.)
Compared to our D-Line your very slim, But then again compared... ahhh nevermind.

Congrats Tim, glad to see you've been able to keep most of it off. :thumb:

Gaz
01-06-2004, 06:14 AM
frazod-

You might want to edit that post, dude.

Annals, please, annals.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not floating for anyone.

JOhn
01-06-2004, 06:17 AM
frazod-

Annals, please, annals.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not floating for anyone.

Just so he knows what your talking about, and to make sure it gets saved. ROFL Thanks GAZ :D

Sure there are - you just have to dig for them. :D

Any of the pictures of me from the Donx game are AFTER pictures. Floating around in the anals of this place are several BEFORE pictures. I don't have the time to post them here at the moment.

:spock:

old_geezer
01-06-2004, 06:18 AM
While we're waiting for Fraz to respond I have a question for fellow Atkin's dieters. I've been on the Atkins diet for 1 1/2 years now - first six months going from 235 to 180 and the last year maintaining the weight loss. I've heard of all kinds of things about the Atkin's diet and how it is bad for you. So far none of the terrible consequenses have popped up for me.

The other day while defending the Atkin's diet from yet another scoffer at the local Wal-Mart I was informed by this person (a health and nutrition teacher at the local high school) that the diet is a dumber-down.......that is, it produces too many amino acids because of all the protiens consumed, and the amino acids actually destroy brain cells; thus resulting in a person becoming dumber if they stay on the diet for an extended period of time. I have never heard this said before - anyone else heard of this ?

Gaz
01-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Puts an interesting spin on the smiley after the “you just have to dig for them” comment, doesn’t it?

xoxo~
Gaz
Declining that invitation.

Gaz
01-06-2004, 06:23 AM
Given that they were wrong about everything they said, I place little faith in nutrition “experts,” particularly a high school teacher.

xoxo~
Gaz
Amino acid factory.

Skip Towne
01-06-2004, 07:08 AM
frazod-

Annals, please, annals.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not floating for anyone.

:LOL:

ndbbm
01-06-2004, 07:59 AM
I switched from regular beer to light beer and started doing some exercise. Dropped 30 so far. Not bad. :thumb:

Ari Chi3fs
01-06-2004, 08:16 AM
If everyone continues the trend here... Kansas Citians wont be such lardasses.

Phobia
01-06-2004, 08:33 AM
I've dropped ~25-30 lbs on a low carb plan. I don't know if I'm on Atkins or some other diet, I'm just watching my carbo intake. I'd like to drop another 20 and get down to sub 11 100 speed again. Dunno if I'll get there, though. It sure would be fun to run in some masters track events.

BIG_DADDY
01-06-2004, 09:39 AM
BTW this is a super solid beginners weekly routine if you have access to a gym.

Workout #1 Legs (6-12 reps)

3 sets Leg Extensions to pre exhaust Quads.
4-5 Sets Squats.
3 Sets Leg Curls.
4 Sets Calves. (20 reps.)

Workout #2 Back and Bi’s (6-12 reps.)

3 Sets Pulldowns.
4 Sets Wide Rows.
4 Sets Dumbell Rows
4 Sets Shoulder Shrugs (20 Reps.)

4 Sets Alternate Dumbell Curls.
4 Sets Straight Bar Curls.

Workout #3 Chest & Tri’s (6-12 reps.)

4 Sets Dumbell Bench Press.
4 Sets Incline Dumbell Bench Press.
4 Sets Close Grip Bench Press.
4 Sets Skull Crushers

You can do abs Calves and Traps any and every day if you wish. Warm up muscle groups first on larger groups if they haven't been warmed up by previous exercise.

If you don't get better results than you ever have before dinner's on me.

BIG_DADDY
01-06-2004, 09:42 AM
I should add that if your wanting to lose weight do cardio at least 3x a week for over 20 minutes. You will pick up your metabolism rate for the next 72 hours.

ndbbm
01-06-2004, 09:51 AM
BTW this is a super solid beginners weekly routine if you have access to a gym.

Workout #1 Legs (6-12 reps)

3 sets Leg Extensions to pre exhaust Quads.
4-5 Sets Squats.
3 Sets Leg Curls.
4 Sets Calves. (20 reps.)

Workout #2 Back and Bi’s (6-12 reps.)

3 Sets Pulldowns.
4 Sets Wide Rows.
4 Sets Dumbell Rows
4 Sets Shoulder Shrugs (20 Reps.)

4 Sets Alternate Dumbell Curls.
4 Sets Straight Bar Curls.

Workout #3 Chest & Tri’s (6-12 reps.)

4 Sets Dumbell Bench Press.
4 Sets Incline Dumbell Bench Press.
4 Sets Close Grip Bench Press.
4 Sets Skull Crushers

You can do abs Calves and Traps any and every day if you wish. Warm up muscle groups first on larger groups if they haven't been warmed up by previous exercise.

If you don't get better results than you ever have before dinner's on me.

By the way, every ounce of advice you gave me has been VERY sound. It's working like a charm. Much appreciated!

BIG_DADDY
01-06-2004, 10:12 AM
By the way, every ounce of advice you gave me has been VERY sound. It's working like a charm. Much appreciated!

Oustanding, congratulations on the loss of 30 lbs. keep it up. :thumb: It's great to see people getting good results, that was part of the reason I was in the industry for so long. My training partner now doesn't even look remotely like he did a couple years ago.

The Rick
01-06-2004, 10:20 AM
The Atkins Wraps at Subway are entirely tolerable. Okay, they are actually better than tolerable. Fast food that will not break the carb bank.

CarboRite has low-carb breakfast bars that are very similar to the cereal-wrapped fruit bars that used to be a staple of the Gaz diet. You can find these at Wal-Mart.

A root beer float with CarbSmart ice cream [Bryers] and diet A&W root beer is a wonderful treat. Wal-Mart again.

Braums now has low-carb ice cream. Vanilla, chocolate, chocolate pecan and [the Rancho Gaz favorite] chocolate chip. Good stuff. Creamy and tasty.

More and more companies are bringing low-carb foods to the market. That means more comfort food for those of us restricting our carbohydrates.

I have lost a total of 40 pounds on Atkins/South Beach. The first 25 or so came of very quickly [a real motivator] and then the loss slowed. In all fairness, that is because I am now on OWL [Ongoing Weight Loss] and am not as militant as I was in the beginning.

The South Beach Diet book has tons of recipes that are not awful. The diet is nearly identical to Atkins, but the recipes are work investigating.. Do not pay for the on-line program. Check out the book at your local library and sift through the recipes.

xoxo~
Gaz
Too comfortable for his own good.

Yep, you're correct. More and more companies are bringing low-carb foods to the market which is a great thing for those of us following a low-carb plan. My success with low-carb plus all of the stuff going on in the industry even inspired me to create my own low-carb info site (http://lowcarb.blogs.com) for others to use. It's amazing how much the traffic to my site has jumped lately.

I've tried some of the products you mentioned, but now the Braums ice cream or the CarboRite breakfast bars. I may have to try those.

Oh yeah, Gaz, anytime you want to write a review or anything else for my low-carb site, you're more than welcome too! :)

ndbbm
01-28-2004, 08:07 AM
Oustanding, congratulations on the loss of 30 lbs. keep it up. :thumb: It's great to see people getting good results, that was part of the reason I was in the industry for so long. My training partner now doesn't even look remotely like he did a couple years ago.

Update: 45 pounds, gone....I haven't weighed this since 10th grade. :thumb:

Skip Towne
01-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to get 4" taller?

ndbbm
01-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to get 4" taller?

I'm already 6'5".

Hoover
01-28-2004, 09:01 AM
Hoover has started the Atkins Diet, and all is good thus far, each day I go the less Carbs I crave. I'll give you an update on weight loss this weekend.

BTW: My wife got me these stips that you piss on (I know I know) but tyhey turn 5 different shades of color to tell you is you are burning fat or not. Its been nice to know that its working.

Hoover
01-28-2004, 09:12 AM
A little bit of my story.

Hoover has been "stocky" his whole life, but not always fat. Well after working on a presidential caucus campaign, eating fast food, no time to work out, man I packed on the pounds. That was 4 years ago. I work behind a desk every day, but since getting married, and not having to travel to the eastern side of the state each weekend, I have been able to work out almost every day. And now, while I'm in much better shape, I'm still fat, I'm just a fat guy that can run. So I told myself its time for the Atkins diet to remove the weight I want to lose. I hope it works!

Gaz
01-28-2004, 09:14 AM
AN UPDATE:
Those of you missing waffles, bread, cobbler and the like should check out The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook by Ursula Solom and the Eades [The “Protein Power” folks].

A cook did tons of experimentation to see what low-carb products would do what flour does in baking recipes. She uses almond flower, protein powder, whey powder and all the other low-carb alternatives and makes truly exceptional dishes. The waffles and cobbler are terrific.

The downside is that you will have to buy lots of pseudo-flour stuff [see examples above]. But once you gather the fixins, the final products are several magnitudes better than the pre-packaged low-carb stuff out there.

OFF THE SHELF STUFF:
Flax O Meal wild cherry nutrageous granola is very good. I use it as “crunch” in my yogurt [the kind with Splenda], but it is also very tasty right out of the bag. Once you get past the awful name, it is good stuff.
www.lowcarbsuccess.org

De-Lite makes GREAT candy bars, but the ice cream is less impressive. The taste is quite good [I tried chocolate with chocolate chips], but it lacks the creamy texture of Bryers CarbSmart or Braums CarbWatch [particularly the chocolate chip].

xoxo~
Gaz
Low-carb mine sweeper.

bigdaddychieffan
01-28-2004, 09:26 AM
I have been on the South Beach Diet for almost 2 weeks now and I have lost 15 pounds. It is the easiest diet by far and I have never felt hungry. I am down a full two pant sizes. I still have some weight to go though. I like it so much more than Atkins because you can have all of the veggies that you like (barring corn, peas, and potatoes).

Dartgod
01-28-2004, 09:35 AM
BTW, for all you dieters. Quitting smoking IS NOT a good way to lose weight. I've gained 6-7 pounds since I quit.

RedNeckRaider
01-28-2004, 09:42 AM
BTW, for all you dieters. Quitting smoking IS NOT a good way to lose weight. I've gained 6-7 pounds since I quit.I am working on gaining a few pounds, and have not quit smoking :banghead: Smoke one in the gym parking lot, go in lift, leave smoke one on the way home :shake: Did you just quit? patch?

cadmonkey
01-28-2004, 09:43 AM
why diet when you can be like this guy....

royr17
01-28-2004, 09:58 AM

And I'm not going to take it anymore!

I hereby publicly declare war on bulging gut and giant ass! 4321

The diet begins NOW. The dietary supplements begin NOW. The exercising begins NOW (albeit in small quantities at first, since the idea is better health, not instant death).

The last time I stepped on the scales, I weighed in at a whopping 255, and I'm sure it's only gotten worse. The clothes I bought because I'd gotten too fat for my old clothes are now getting too tight as well. I spent the day encarcerated in a pair of pants that were downright painful. Anything beyond a leisurely walk kicks my ass. If I tried to sprint a block right now I'd probably drop dead.

:shake:

Fully realizing that I'm opening myself up for a epic blast of abuse by you vicious bastards by posting this, it is my hope that any words of encouragement/barbs of fat bastard jokes will help motivate me to reach my goal.

And that goal is simple: a waist line measurement that starts with a 3 (while maintaining double digits), and a weight that starts with a 1 (while maintaining triple digits). So I figure I've got a good 60 pounds and 6" inches of fatass waistline to go.

Beyond that, I'd love to be able to fit into my crackerjacks again. That would probably mean about 80 pounds.

So, I'm off to be healthy. No more 3 a.m. bowls of cereal. No more downing a box of friggin cupcakes. No more meals that would feed a small third world community.

Tonight, I eat a Lean Cuisine dinner and take a mile walk.

Wish me luck! Hopefully the next time any of you see me, you'll see much less of me.

Never have read this thread before, pretty sure it is funny, but i can say one thing is for sure is that me, u, and my dad are all FAT BASTARDS !!! :p

Dartgod
01-28-2004, 10:02 AM
I am working on gaining a few pounds, and have not quit smoking :banghead: Smoke one in the gym parking lot, go in lift, leave smoke one on the way home :shake: Did you just quit? patch?
Cold turkey. It actually has not been as bad as I expected, based on previous attempts to quit.

JazzzLovr
01-28-2004, 10:04 AM
Never have read this thread before, pretty sure it is funny, but i can say one thing is for sure is that me, u, and my dad are all FAT BASTARDS !!! :p

I'm sure Tim appreciates your support.

Since this thread got bumped, how 'bout an update from my favorite pilot? :D

Hey, he hasn't tried to kill me yet. I figure kissing up a bit couldn't hurt. ;)

RedNeckRaider
01-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Cold turkey. It actually has not been as bad as I expected, based on previous attempts to quit.I guess it is time for me to face the demon and just quit!

RNR
Stiff upper lip, knees knocking :(

Dartgod
01-28-2004, 10:14 AM
I guess it is time for me to face the demon and just quit!

RNR
Well, good luck if you try. Hopefully I don't turn into one of those obnoxious former smokers. Man, I swear sometimes they're worse than non-smokers.

JazzzLovr
01-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Hopefully I don't turn into one of those obnoxious former smokers.

I thought that was a given, once you quit smoking. I mean, why change now?

;)

JazzzLovr
01-28-2004, 10:21 AM

RNR

Best of luck to ya, Jeff, if you make that decision. I know you can do it!! :thumb:

PastorMikH
01-28-2004, 11:08 AM

RNR

You don't quit entirely - just commit to waiting to smoke your next cig when the Raiders are back on top. By then you should be able to quit cold turkey.

PastorMikH
01-28-2004, 11:13 AM
PastorMikH sees Little Roy talking trash now, but down the road his grandkids will be looking at his weddding pictures and asking grandma who the skinny guy is.

Mark M
01-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Damn ... I just lost 5 lbs (to a hefty 150) in the last month, and I wasn't even on a diet ...

MM
~~:p

ndbbm
01-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Damn ... I just lost 5 lbs (to a hefty 150) in the last month, and I wasn't even on a diet ...

MM
~~:pLawn dart. :)

Hoover
01-28-2004, 11:19 AM

MM
~~:p
**** you :D

Taco John
01-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Something for all the dieters to reflect on:

Hoover
01-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Something for all the dieters to reflect on:
Does all real muscel in the bodyhave the "5" stamped on it?

Hoover
thinking about cutting myself open.

ROYC75
01-28-2004, 12:12 PM

Keep it up fireplug, we will be passing each other very soon..... ROFL

ndbbm
03-03-2004, 05:55 AM
An update, for anyone who gives a shite. You may remember that on November 3rd, my birthday, of last year, I decided I was tired of being a walking house. I was 6'5", 305 pounds. I'm proud to report that on March 3rd, 4 months later, I'm down 50 pounds and weighing in at 255. It's my goal to lose a lot more, but I just wanted to let everyone know how it's coming along. :thumb:

-NDBBM
~Finally feeling good....

mlyonsd
03-03-2004, 06:00 AM
An update, for anyone who gives a shite. You may remember that on November 3rd, my birthday, of last year, I decided I was tired of being a walking house. I was 6'5", 305 pounds. I'm proud to report that on March 3rd, 4 months later, I'm down 50 pounds and weighing in at 255. It's my goal to lose a lot more, but I just wanted to let everyone know how it's coming along. :thumb:

-NDBBM

Congrats. Makes you feel good about yourself doesn't it?

ndbbm
03-03-2004, 06:05 AM
Congrats. Makes you feel good about yourself doesn't it?Yes it does! Something new for me. :)

Coogs
03-03-2004, 07:38 AM

-NDBBM

:thumb: I dropped 30-35 pounds last summer. Down from 220-225 to about 192. Over the winter, I put 8 pounds back on, due to not being able to workout. With just those 8 pounds, I swear to God I was starting to feel like a Fat Bastard again. My schedule is freeing up now, which allowed me to start working out this past week.

Looking forward to completing my goal of reaching 185 pounds in the near future.

Pennywise
03-03-2004, 07:46 AM
How about some Fish McDippers!

Sayuri Higa smiles as she samples "Fish McDippers," a new deep-fried fish dish, that McDonald's Corp.'s Japanese unit McDonald's Holdings Co. plans to unveil at stores nationwide March 8, at its outlet in Tokyo Monday, March 1, 2004. Similar to Chicken McNuggets, the Japanese company plans to add the fish menu to its mainline menu in a bid to build on the momentum of stronger sales of burgers amid consumer concerns about meat products, such as beef and chicken.

Frazod
08-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Big Daddy will be happy to know that I'm back on the horse, after totally crapping out and gaining back a good chunk (and I mean chunk) of the weight I lost. There is no longer dust on my exercise stuff.

Hopefully there will be about 15 to 20 less pounds of Frazod when I see you guys during the banquet weekend. :D

Coach
08-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Jesus... 57 pages? What is the record?

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Big Daddy will be happy to know that I'm back on the horse, after totally crapping out and gaining back a good chunk (and I mean chunk) of the weight I lost. There is no longer dust on my exercise stuff.

Hopefully there will be about 15 to 20 less pounds of Frazod when I see you guys during the banquet weekend. :D

Awesome, congratulations bro, I wish I could see you there. I have a family delio just before and cannot make it there. Next time I come out though I would love to hook up. Keep up the training. :thumb:

Frazod
08-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Jesus... 57 pages? What is the record?

Check the girlie thread. :D

Frazod
08-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Awesome, congratulations bro, I wish I could see you there. I have a family delio just before and cannot make it there. Next time I come out though I would love to hook up. Keep up the training. :thumb:

Oh, you won't be there? In that case, I think I'll eat some cookies.

Just kidding. ROFL

Sorry you can't make it. Hopefully next time.

Boyceofsummer
08-17-2004, 10:53 PM
a dog. Try bailing on "the walk" the look kills.

Coach
08-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Check the girlie thread. :D

ROFL well I mean like a thread that doesn't have a gazillion pictures :p

Frazod
08-17-2004, 10:54 PM
ROFL well I mean like a thread that doesn't have a gazillion pictures :p

You should have been more specific.... :harumph:

:D

Frazod
08-17-2004, 10:55 PM
a dog. Try bailing on "the walk" the look kills.

Negative. I don't do needy pets that I have to walk on a leash in shitty weather.

Coach
08-17-2004, 10:59 PM
You should have been more specific.... :harumph:

:D

Heh, but seriously, congrats on your weight loss program. I went through something like this when I was a freshman in college in 1999. I packed on 15-20 pounds because I was too damn worried about college level and alot of studying. (Drinking 12 cans of Pepsi a day can do that to you pretty damn good) So I blimped up from 205 to 230. I was way out of shape. So I cut back drinking pop, cut back eating food, and eat more healthier and be more active.

Right now I'm at a good solid 215, and I have been at 215 since 2001.

Frazod
08-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Heh, but seriously, congrats on your weight loss program. I went through something like this when I was a freshman in college in 1999. I packed on 15-20 pounds because I was too damn worried about college level and alot of studying. (Drinking 12 cans of Pepsi a day can do that to you pretty damn good) So I blimped up from 205 to 230. I was way out of shape. So I cut back drinking pop, cut back eating food, and eat more healthier and be more active.

Right now I'm at a good solid 215, and I have been at 215 since 2001.

Don't congratulate me. I lost about 50 pounds, quit, and gained about 35 of it back. That sucks. I was doing so well, too. :shake:

Hopefully I'll be able to stick with it this time. I do NOT want to have to go back to wearing my fatass clothes, and I'm getting close. :grr:

Good work on your end, though. It's a lot easier to do when you're young.

Coach
08-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Don't congratulate me. I lost about 50 pounds, quit, and gained about 35 of it back. That sucks. I was doing so well, too. :shake:

Hopefully I'll be able to stick with it this time. I do NOT want to have to go back to wearing my fatass clothes, and I'm getting close. :grr:

Good work on your end, though. It's a lot easier to do when you're young.

Ouch, that sucks man. Yeah, it is more easier to burn it off when you are younger, but it's still can be done by any age, just that when we all get older, it would require more work and alot more paitence and ethic to keep it off.

Wish I could say the same for my dad :shake: Poor bastard was a solid 220 before he blimped up to 250, and is suffering side-effects of it (i.e. high blood pressure, cornary issues, etc). Had a doctor told him that he need to lay off eating the salty stuff (i.e. chips, fries, etc). Sadly he doesn't.

Frazod
08-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Ouch, that sucks man. Yeah, it is more easier to burn it off when you are younger, but it's still can be done by any age, just that when we all get older, it would require more work and alot more paitence and ethic to keep it off.

Wish I could say the same for my dad :shake: Poor bastard was a solid 220 before he blimped up to 250, and is suffering side-effects of it (i.e. high blood pressure, cornary issues, etc). Had a doctor told him that he need to lay off eating the salty stuff (i.e. chips, fries, etc). Sadly he doesn't.

My problem is that I was never athletic as a kid. Working out has never been a natural thing for me (certainly my choice of military branch didn't help, because the Navy doesn't stress PT at all). When I was young, I was just thin because I was young. That shit came to a grinding halt when I got into my 30s. Now I'm pushing 40, and it's a real struggle.

I hope your dad manages to lose some weight. It ain't easy.

Coach
08-17-2004, 11:18 PM
My problem is that I was never athletic as a kid. Working out has never been a natural thing for me (certainly my choice of military branch didn't help, because the Navy doesn't stress PT at all). When I was young, I was just thin because I was young. That shit came to a grinding halt when I got into my 30s. Now I'm pushing 40, and it's a real struggle.

I hope your dad manages to lose some weight. It ain't easy.

I would imagine. He's well past his 50's now, and the problem is that he doesn't have any motivation to do it. All he does is

Get up at 6:30 to go to work. Work all day till come home at 5:00p.m.

Eat

Go watch TV/Mow the Lawn

Sometimes he just watch tv say at least only 15-20 mins before passing out snoozing.

Wakes up around 12-1a.m. goes to the bed and snooze some more.

Shoot, I was watching the Chiefs/Steelers game last year on TV and he was watching it. Problem was that he was already snoozing on his rocking chair by the time 2nd quarter started.

So it's just the lack of motivation that is hurting him. Also the fact that he smokes doubles the potentional of a stroke/heart attack/coronoary disease.

go bowe
08-17-2004, 11:19 PM

I hope your dad manages to lose some weight. It ain't easy.imagine what it'll be like when you're pushing 60!!

Frazod
08-17-2004, 11:21 PM
I would imagine. He's well past his 50's now, and the problem is that he doesn't have any motivation to do it. All he does is

Get up at 6:30 to go to work. Work all day till come home at 5:00p.m.

Eat

Go watch TV/Mow the Lawn

Sometimes he just watch tv say at least only 15-20 mins before passing out snoozing.

Wakes up around 12-1a.m. goes to the bed and snooze some more.

Shoot, I was watching the Chiefs/Steelers game last year on TV and he was watching it. Problem was that he was already snoozing on his rocking chair by the time 2nd quarter started.

So it's just the lack of motivation that is hurting him. Also the fact that he smokes doubles the potentional of a stroke/heart attack/coronoary disease.

Well, at least he mows the yard. That's something. Hopefully you can convince him to start taking walks or doing something more active.

KcMizzou
08-17-2004, 11:23 PM

Story of my life. I was about 160 in HS... got up to 217.. then down to 175... now, at 30.. I'm 195.

I gain weight easily, and lose it easily. But from what I hear, it doesn't work that way as you get older. I'm trying to make an effort to get out and just "move" more. I was walking 5 miles a day, but I can't do that when the boys aren't in school. They can't keep up, and they're too young to be left alone.

But school starts again in a couple weeks... and I'll be back to it.

Coach
08-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Well, at least he mows the yard. That's something. Hopefully you can convince him to start taking walks or doing something more active.

We tried that for the past year or so, but no luck. I dunno what the deal is, but I guess that's the choice he made. Shoot, I just ran upstairs not too long ago, just to see him snoozing at the chair again while leaving the dang tv on. It just got so embarrasing to a point where my sister can't bring her friends over to spend the night because of that crap. So she never had a chance to host a slumber party for her and her friends, and she's not too happy about that. I felt bad for the kid.

Plus it got to a point where it's disturbing, for example, the other day, he just told my brother to go fill up his truck with gas. My brother was like WTF? The gas station is just mearly a ****ing block away. Dad won't fill up the truck with gas, and we're just talkin about a measly block.

I feel bad for my mother who has to deal with this shit.

Frazod
08-17-2004, 11:28 PM
Story of my life. I was about 160 in HS... got up to 217.. then down to 175... now, at 30.. I'm 195.

I gain weight easily, and lose it easily. But from what I hear, it doesn't work that way as you get older. I'm trying to make an effort to get out and just "move" more. I was walking 5 miles a day, but I can't do that when the boys aren't in school. They can't keep up, and they're too young to be left alone.

But school starts again in a couple weeks... and I'll be back to it.

Walking that much does wonders. There was a time when I lived on the north side of Chicago that I'd walk over 5 miles along the lakefront every day (from downtown to the Belmont L station) after work. The weight fell off like you wouldn't believe.

For this week, I'm hitting the treadmill (doing at least 1.5 miles) and the crunch bench. Next week I'll start lifting again.

Frazod
08-17-2004, 11:30 PM
We tried that for the past year or so, but no luck. I dunno what the deal is, but I guess that's the choice he made. Shoot, I just ran upstairs not too long ago, just to see him snoozing at the chair again while leaving the dang tv on. It just got so embarrasing to a point where my sister can't bring her friends over to spend the night because of that crap. So she never had a chance to host a slumber party for her and her friends, and she's not too happy about that. I felt bad for the kid.

Plus it got to a point where it's disturbing, for example, the other day, he just told my brother to go fill up his truck with gas. My brother was like WTF? The gas station is just mearly a ****ing block away. Dad won't fill up the truck with gas, and we're just talkin about a measly block.

I feel bad for my mother who has to deal with this shit.

Hopefully he'll get sick of it at some point. The problem is, he may be comfortable with it. In the end, though, it's up to him.

Coach
08-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Hopefully he'll get sick of it at some point. The problem is, he may be comfortable with it. In the end, though, it's up to him.

Unfortunately. :shake: I do know that I made a commitment to myself that I do not want to look like that when I'm 50 or so. That's why I do alot of active stuff around here such as, walking, climbing hills, riding my bike to work, etc.

Of course, on a earlier thread that I mentioned about me that I gained, I also had a knee injury which added to the weight gain.

Frazod
08-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Unfortunately. :shake: I do know that I made a commitment to myself that I do not want to look like that when I'm 50 or so. That's why I do alot of active stuff around here such as, walking, climbing hills, riding my bike to work, etc.

Of course, on a earlier thread that I mentioned about me that I gained, I also had a knee injury which added to the weight gain.

Well, it's good motivation for you, if nothing else. My old man is fat as hell, too. I'd like to break that family tradition.

Coach
08-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Well, it's good motivation for you, if nothing else. My old man is fat as hell, too. I'd like to break that family tradition.

Right on.

KcMizzou
08-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Next week I'll start lifting again. Yeah, when I actually "work out".. I think I tend to go overboard. I'm all gung-ho... and a week later I think, "screw this.. I'm sore"

Frazod
08-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Yeah, when I actually "work out".. I think I tend to go overboard. I'm all gung-ho... and a week later I think, "screw this.. I'm sore"

I'll be feeling those cruches in the morning. :eek: It really takes me time to work my way into doing those without pain. At the height of my working out last year, I was doing 50 at a shot with no problem.

Why did I stop... :banghead:

Anyway, I'm out. Goodnight.

ENDelt260
08-18-2004, 12:22 AM
I'll call up the wife and have her lob a cheesecake at your head, fraz. I hear the last time that happened you lost a couple pounds.

LVNHACK
08-18-2004, 07:24 AM
Negative. I don't do needy pets that I have to walk on a leash in shitty weather.

That's a shame............I see your wife does though............... :p

Gaz
08-18-2004, 07:29 AM

Man, that hurt clear over here.

xoxo~
Gaz
Just witness a primo smackdown.

Gaz
08-18-2004, 07:46 AM
I have been walking and doing aerobics for a while [Kathy Smith is an evil, EVIL woman]. Now I recover my breath much quicker after aerobics and was feeling pretty darn good about my progress [although I am still short of my "lose the gut" goal].

Then I decided to work on flexibility, too. I have never been a limber person, so I thought some yoga would be a nice addition to the mix. So, I picked up an ÜberWuss beginner yoga tape and started stretching. It was a nice, slow routine and I was feeling pretty smug after it was over. Ain’t no thang.

I hurt SO bad the next day. WAY worse than I ever did with lifting or aerobics. Muscles I had never encountered before were screaming in outrage. I have been stretching for a week now and thankfully the screams have subsided to isolated whimpers [particularly my hips].

Yoga ain’t for sissies, y’all.

xoxo~
Gaz
Still a far cry from limber.

LVNHACK
08-20-2004, 07:54 PM

I wonder if you were so under the weather you missed this.............:D

Frazod
08-20-2004, 07:57 PM
I have been walking and doing aerobics for a while [Kathy Smith is an evil, EVIL woman]. Now I recover my breath much quicker after aerobics and was feeling pretty darn good about my progress [although I am still short of my "lose the gut" goal].

Then I decided to work on flexibility, too. I have never been a limber person, so I thought some yoga would be a nice addition to the mix. So, I picked up an ÜberWuss beginner yoga tape and started stretching. It was a nice, slow routine and I was feeling pretty smug after it was over. Ain’t no thang.

I hurt SO bad the next day. WAY worse than I ever did with lifting or aerobics. Muscles I had never encountered before were screaming in outrage. I have been stretching for a week now and thankfully the screams have subsided to isolated whimpers [particularly my hips].

Yoga ain’t for sissies, y’all.

xoxo~
Gaz
Still a far cry from limber.

I actually pulled a muscle doing crunches the night before last. F#ck that hurt! :cuss: Needless to say, the exercise thing is on hold for a couple of days.

I guess I jumped back on the horse and tried to ride a bit too fast. :grr:

Coach
08-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Ouch, that hurts. Hopefully you're icing it down.

Frazod
08-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Ouch, that hurts. Hopefully you're icing it down.

Oh, is that what I was supposed to do? :banghead:

Coach
08-20-2004, 08:03 PM
ROFL, well it's was just a suggestion, that's all.

Frazod
08-20-2004, 08:05 PM
ROFL, well it's was just a suggestion, that's all.

Sounds too productive. Instead I put heat on it and cussed a lot. :grr:

Fairplay
08-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Today i did did 60 minutes on the stairstepper. Then a lot of stomach crunchs. Mainly because im getting a little gut on me.
So i've been doing that a couple times a week the last month.

Mosbonian
08-20-2004, 08:35 PM
After I managed to screw up my knee again playing softball at the Show-Me Games a month ago, I was forced to reassess my pathetic shape. Like most of your guys who are my age, I have put on pounds, and at my age getting them off, especially with a wounded knee is hard.

But since I hate like hell to listen to a smug Dr. give me grief about my weight and how it probably contributed to the eventual weakening of my knee, I decided to follow a Sports Trainers advice and try water aerobics.

I went to the health club we belong to locally and started with walking a half mile in the pool (side to side, shallow end)....I am not up to 2 miles in the pool and walking 1 1/2 miles around the neighborhood. This along with changing my eating habits has allowed me to lose 11 pounds in 2 weeks. (I haven't had a soft drink in 2 weeks...no desserts but fruit or yogurt for 10 days)....

I started at 221 and am down to 210...my first goal weight is 195. I will see what happens after that.

Good Luck Tim!!

mmaddog

Frazod
08-20-2004, 08:37 PM
After I managed to screw up my knee again playing softball at the Show-Me Games a month ago, I was forced to reassess my pathetic shape. Like most of your guys who are my age, I have put on pounds, and at my age getting them off, especially with a wounded knee is hard.

But since I hate like hell to listen to a smug Dr. give me grief about my weight and how it probably contributed to the eventual weakening of my knee, I decided to follow a Sports Trainers advice and try water aerobics.

I went to the health club we belong to locally and started with walking a half mile in the pool (side to side, shallow end)....I am not up to 2 miles in the pool and walking 1 1/2 miles around the neighborhood. This along with changing my eating habits has allowed me to lose 11 pounds in 2 weeks. (I haven't had a soft drink in 2 weeks...no desserts but fruit or yogurt for 10 days)....

I started at 221 and am down to 210...my first goal weight is 195. I will see what happens after that.

Good Luck Tim!!

mmaddog

Not to hijack my own thread, but are you coming to any of the banquet weekend festivities?

Mosbonian
08-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Not to hijack my own thread, but are you coming to any of the banquet weekend festivities?

I psoted something on that thread, but to save you time surfing over there...it looks like I am kinda screwed. Since they are requiring that you buy a ticket to either the Sat or Monday event to be able to get a ticket to the game I am out of luck. I am tied up on both Saturday and Monday evenings for company events...(also tied up Sun night, but am available for Sun afternoon)....

Wish I could be there....would love to finally meet up with both you and Russ.....Caudle would be easy to meet up with if he ever would come over to Columbia from Slumfferson City...

mmaddog

BigChief1
08-20-2004, 10:33 PM
You may have just motivated me. I really need to drop a ton...no pun intended. To me that's what it seems like. I have sleep apnea caused by my weight gain and I'm scared to death. I had a stroke when I was 40.5 to the day. Don't play the game I'm playing. Do what needs to be done. I'm starting tomorrow too. I'm having the same trouble you're having with clothing and when you're a professional and have to dress the part, it's dang expensive. I actually look around in meetings and take note that I'm the fattest bastard there. That happens in EVERY meeting. It's way past time for me to get with the program. Good luck to you...I know how hard it is to do.

Frazod
08-20-2004, 10:43 PM
You may have just motivated me. I really need to drop a ton...no pun intended. To me that's what it seems like. I have sleep apnea caused by my weight gain and I'm scared to death. I had a stroke when I was 40.5 to the day. Don't play the game I'm playing. Do what needs to be done. I'm starting tomorrow too. I'm having the same trouble you're having with clothing and when you're a professional and have to dress the part, it's dang expensive. I actually look around in meetings and take note that I'm the fattest bastard there. That happens in EVERY meeting. It's way past time for me to get with the program. Good luck to you...I know how hard it is to do.

Good luck to you as well. :toast:

BIG_DADDY
08-20-2004, 11:08 PM

Good Luck Tim!!

mmaddog

221 isn't anything, how tall are you and how old? Hell I'm 230. What's wrong with your knee exactly.

BIG_DADDY
08-20-2004, 11:10 PM

Holy Mackeral, hope you get done what you need to. Stroke at 40 is scary shit.

Mosbonian
08-21-2004, 11:28 PM
221 isn't anything, how tall are you and how old? Hell I'm 230. What's wrong with your knee exactly.

BD:

I am 5'10" and 48 years old....

As for the knee....here's the thread that explains it...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93947

Luckily for me I have been a prety good healer most of my life, and it continues so far into my older years.

I was once at 236 a couple of years back......Dr told me to get off my arse and work out more. I even spent a few months away from this board getting back to better health...

mmaddog

LiL stumppy
08-21-2004, 11:49 PM
im 5'7 and weigh 150 punds,am i to fat for a 13 year old?

Ecto-I
08-22-2004, 01:25 AM

Impossible to say. If you looked at the height and weight of football players, they're all "overweight" but the extra weight is lean muscle mass. It just depends what your body fat percentage is.

Losing weight is tough but doable. I was once 270 lbs. Now I'm 6'2", 210 lbs and am fairly lean. I still have some belly flab to lose and its going very slowly but surely. Being a college student doesn't help matters any. Weight training is definately a key ingredient in achieving fitness. Also, interval training gives you the biggest bang for the amoung of time spent.

Rausch
08-22-2004, 03:44 AM
No would be a good time to tell Fatzod that AFTER my Vegas vacation I'm buying new size 32 shorts n' belts....

Ahhhhhhhhh..............

Frazod
08-22-2004, 08:04 AM
No would be a good time to tell Fatzod that AFTER my Vegas vacation I'm buying new size 32 shorts n' belts....

Ahhhhhhhhh..............

Skinny bitch, I'll kick your ass.... :p

Jenny Gump
08-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Skinny bitch, I'll kick your ass.... :p
ROFL

Mosbonian
09-11-2004, 02:21 PM
OK.....time for all of those working on their programs to "weigh" in.....(pardon the pun)

here's my update.....

I started out at 221 and as of today I have reached Step 3 and have gotten my weight down to 200 lbs.....my final goal is to get to 195 lbs and satisfy my doctor (and myself).

How is everyone else doing on their program?

mmaddog

Bowser
09-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Well, this past winter when I started at my progam, I was at 240. I whittled it down to 194 at the beginning of summer, and felt pretty good about myself. Then, here comes the birthdays, anniversaries, vacations, parties, and every other thing I should not partake in. I have balooned back up to 215. :shake: After this weekend I am back on the wagon(I'm not even going to lie to myself about trying to start back dieting/exercising the first weekend of the NFL season!). My goal is to be in the low to mid 180's, and to stay there. It begins AGAIN on Monday.

Coach
04-27-2005, 11:59 PM
So fraz. How is the weight coming along? :p

Nightfyre
04-28-2005, 12:40 AM
6'1" 165... Im going to start lifting this summer, working my way UP!

Rausch
04-28-2005, 12:46 AM
ROFL

Taco John
04-28-2005, 02:35 AM

http://www.shieldsnet.org/images/strange/caravaggio_bacco_jackson.jpg

Hell no. Have another sip.

mcan
04-28-2005, 03:04 AM
Mcan
Weighing in...

6'0"
175 lbs
approx body fat % ~ 16%
Lean Body Mass ~ 147 lbs.
Pounds of fat on Matt's "soft" frame ~ 28 lbs.

Ideal for great physique (goals)

180 - 190 lbs
7-10% body fat
Lean body mass 167 - 171

Pounds of fat to lose = 9-16 lbs
Pounds of muscle to pack on = 14-29 lbs

Amount of work ahead of Matt...
http://sisyphus.nada.kth.se/images/sisyphus-front.jpg

Nightfyre
04-28-2005, 03:04 AM
I dunno, another 70 lbs and I could play safety, itd be great :D

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2005, 06:51 AM
6'1" 165... Im going to start lifting this summer, working my way UP!

I figured you were half the man I am.....but you are actually 70%.

ROYC75
04-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Is it time to chime in again ?

Update.......

I started in Feb. 2005 @ 310 :rolleyes:

No diet, just watching the amount of food intake and times, working out 3 times per week at the gym.

I'm down 12 #..... a slow process. All doctors claim it's best to do it yourself without dieting. Slowly take it off , police yourself about eating, taking what you need, not what you want and like to eat and a steady exercise program.

I have really tried to stay the course, the 1st month was hard. Tying to crub/change the eating habits and seeing very little gain in the gym and the scales. I bet I only lost 3 pounds the 1st month, but by working out, I felt better about myself.

Some of you know my medical condition, some don't. I have a degenerative disk that cause much pain and keeps me from doing physical work or any standing on hard floors. I have a left knee that needed to be replaced 6 years ago that I didn't have insurance for. The doctor claimed I would have to have it replaced in 10 years, now my right knee is starting to go bad and get weak. I have bad arches in my feet now and asthma in the lungs.I have nerve damage on my toes from frostbite.

I am the walking wounded. But a steady dose of Glucosamine/Chondroitin is helping the knee as much as possible. I need to lose 80 - 100 lbs ( from my 310 ) ASAP to help the joints, relieve the strain on them and lighten the load.

Matter of fact, I take 4 kinds of pain medication daily just to function and /or workout. It's a real bitch to be in pain, but I think in the long run the benefits of being healthier and possibly off some of the medication will help as I get smaller.

FWIW, I have tried dietary supplements, fades, etc. to lose weight to only gain twice as much back, I think the way I'm doing it now is best, contain the way I eat, retrain the body .

Props to all that is staying with their programs.

Nightfyre
04-28-2005, 02:18 PM
I figured you were half the man I am.....but you are actually 70%.
but Im only 65% as gay!

badgirl
04-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Start doing cocaine? Maybe that will work. :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2005, 02:34 PM
but Im only 65% as gay!

I came out as a 20 on that test; no way you were anything less than 50....no way. :shake:

(nice cross thread humor, BTW.)

BigRedChief
04-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Start doing cocaine? Maybe that will work. :shrug:

But then theres a possibility of going from eating a salad to tossing salad.:shake:

Nightfyre
04-28-2005, 03:11 PM
I came out as a 20 on that test; no way you were anything less than 50....no way. :shake:

(nice cross thread humor, BTW.)
13% :p

morphius
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
See what happened, they turned off the search function and Fraz wasn't able to keep his weight off because we were not able to bring the thread back up so that we could all here to pound him about it.

Its all Chiefsplanet's fault.

Morphius
No longer a fatass, ahhh yeah.

Mosbonian
04-28-2005, 05:14 PM
OK.....time for all of those working on their programs to "weigh" in.....(pardon the pun)

here's my update.....

I started out at 221 and as of today I have reached Step 3 and have gotten my weight down to 200 lbs.....my final goal is to get to 195 lbs and satisfy my doctor (and myself).

How is everyone else doing on their program?

mmaddog

Time to update huh?

Well, after keeping up with my Winter work-out program, I can say I did pretty dang good.

As of today I am at 176 lbs.....recently went for my physical and the doc was pretty happy with all my test results when it came to cholestoral, heart rate and blood pressure.

He was pretty adamant about not losing anymore weight for the time being...said that after losing all this weight over the last 8 months, the best thing to do now was do maintenance work.

I can say that at 48 (soon to be 49) I am in much better shape than I have been since I turned 40. And no matter what anyone might tell you otherwise, extra weight really does screw with your performance in the things that matter...(if you know what i mean).

mmaddog

JOhn
04-28-2005, 05:17 PM
So how fat is the bastard now? :hmmm:

ROFL

morphius
04-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Time to update huh?

Well, after keeping up with my Winter work-out program, I can say I did pretty dang good.

As of today I am at 176 lbs.....recently went for my physical and the doc was pretty happy with all my test results when it came to cholestoral, heart rate and blood pressure.

He was pretty adamant about not losing anymore weight for the time being...said that after losing all this weight over the last 8 months, the best thing to do now was do maintenance work.

I can say that at 48 (soon to be 49) I am in much better shape than I have been since I turned 40. And no matter what anyone might tell you otherwise, extra weight really does screw with your performance in the things that matter...(if you know what i mean).

mmaddog
Now, how tall are you?

Mosbonian
04-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Now, how tall are you?

5' 10"........

mmaddog

morphius
04-28-2005, 08:06 PM
5' 10"........

mmaddog
Then that is a good weight! Congrats!

I'm an inch shorter, and just a few pounds lighter. But I'm trying to convert all that I can into muscle, not doing to shabby at it.

Frazod
04-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Who the hell dredged this up?

Coach
04-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Who the hell dredged this up?

ROFL

I did. I just wanted to see how your and everyone else's weight program is going so far. :)

Frazod
04-28-2005, 08:13 PM
ROFL

I did. I just wanted to see how your and everyone else's weight program is going so far. :)

My weight is doing just fine.

As in, it has been fruitful and multiplied. :spock:

morphius
04-28-2005, 08:15 PM

Well, thank you for taking the weight I lost for me, I appreciate it :D

Bwana
04-28-2005, 09:13 PM

I just started the eat right / workout daily myself. The winter put 15 extra pounds on me. I have to smoke it by mid June.

Big Smoke
03-21-2014, 09:40 PM
There's gold in these here search results Jerry! Gold!

BigRichard
03-21-2014, 09:45 PM

First.... I mean last..... I mean wtf???

BigRichard
03-21-2014, 09:45 PM

Last post 2005 Newman

bevischief
03-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Someone hasn't been banned yet?

J Diddy
03-21-2014, 11:03 PM
Dude. Why fucking bump this?

Big Smoke
03-22-2014, 06:26 AM
Had a little to drink, and some mistakes were made. I apologize and it won't happen again.

Cochise
03-22-2014, 06:30 AM
http://www.teamplayergaming.com/attachments/console-gaming/12044d1389036143-xbox-one-757247d1377830833-pdcc-yes-no-revival.jpg.att

bevischief
03-22-2014, 07:12 AM
Ban him.

Big Smoke
03-22-2014, 07:17 AM
Ban him.

I will take my punishment (ban) if that's what is necessary. I made a mistake, and it won't happen again. If I could take my vacation starting Monday after the tournament games I'd appreciate it. Just let this thread die please.

bevischief
03-22-2014, 07:32 AM
I will take my punishment (ban) if that's what is necessary. I made a mistake, and it won't happen again. If I could take my vacation starting Monday after the tournament games I'd appreciate it. Just let this thread die please.

Please. Mods.

Phobia
03-22-2014, 08:08 AM
He's not getting banned for one thread bump. He's apologized and now it's time to move on.

Dave Lane
03-22-2014, 08:08 AM
Actually I thought it was a good thread bump

Cannibal
03-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Did he ever drop any weight?

SNR
03-22-2014, 08:26 AM
Thread gets 2 pooties

Big Smoke
03-22-2014, 08:26 AM
He's not getting banned for one thread bump. He's apologized and now it's time to move on.

Thank you good sir.

Halfcan
03-22-2014, 08:36 AM
So they thought they found the missing plane but it was just Fraz sitting on the corner eating a footlong chili dog....

Best of luck- try and do a lot of biking. It is great fun and easy on your knees, walks are good as well. When you get down a few pounds and want to get some muscle tone-not much beats the Insanity work out series. Shawn T. will kick your ass-but it is 6 days a week-finding time is the hard part. You will drop 15 pounds at least if you finish it.

rico
03-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Pretty funny/interesting thread, y'all!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
03-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Had a little to drink, and some mistakes were made. I apologize and it won't happen again.

Dude, whatever. Old threads get bumped from time to time. Anyways, fuck Frazod. Look what happened because he didn't go on a diet? He lost his fucking mind! I better lay off the cookies... :eek:

rico
03-22-2014, 09:37 AM
You know, I've gained some weight since my kids were born (they are 1 and 3). Lifestyle has become much more sedimentary (for you loochy).

Having kids and BOREDOM late in the night seems to be the factors which make it the most difficult for me to maintain the weight I want to be at. Like...when I'm awake at 2 AM, I will browse through Netflix, maybe check CP, check whatever (all that stuff that goes hand in hand with that sedimentary lifestyle) and if that fails to alleviate my boredom, I think to myself, "well shit, I guess I should probably eat some of those Reeses Butter Cups in the cabinet....so I eat like 10 of those and I feel like a total box of scrotums afterwards.

You know what I "hear" is healthy that also tastes magnificent???? Shrimp cocktail.

YA SEE!!! THAT'S ANOTHER PROBLEM!!! Unhealthy foods taste AWESOME!!! However, healthy foods taste like TOTAL BALL GRAVY!!!!

beach tribe
03-22-2014, 09:40 AM
It's funny because...

rico
03-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Do you still weigh 160, JOhn??????!?!??!?!?!?!

Do you still smoke?!?!?!?!?!?!

BDj23
03-22-2014, 11:04 AM
I was still in High School when this thread was made.

LiveSteam
03-22-2014, 11:51 AM
I was still in High School when this thread was made.

LMAO fucking awesome man

Dave Lane
03-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Dude, whatever. Old threads get bumped from time to time. Anyways, **** Frazod. Look what happened because he didn't go on a diet? He lost his ****ing mind! I better lay off the cookies... :eek:

Do you think it was the nuts in the chocolate chip cookies?

Cuz I do.

Dave Lane
03-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Did he ever drop any weight?

First thing every morning he dropped some weight.

LiveSteam
03-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Oh look everyone,it's March Frazdophobia Madness. For someone that you all admit you dnt like & he just had to go (burning bridges & all) his name sure comes up lot around here.

Simplicity
03-22-2014, 12:36 PM
I would've been 7...

lewdog
03-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Frazzy is still fat and shoots refrigerators.

Cannibal
03-22-2014, 01:59 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me4410zH4A1rt08jvo1_500.jpg

KC native
03-22-2014, 02:55 PM

LMAO

Cephalic Trauma
03-22-2014, 04:16 PM

:LOL:

loochy
03-22-2014, 04:26 PM
This thread gets 0 pooties

C3HIEF3S
03-22-2014, 04:33 PM
I would've been 7...

6 here LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Kansas needs salt in its open wounds you fycjubg quitter

Cochise
03-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Prayers sent

58-4ever
03-23-2014, 07:15 PM
The muffin skit on SNL is priceless... almost as good as Schwetty Balls

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 23, 2014, 7:58 PM EDT

APAs NFL owners are gathering in Orlando to count their money and plan on how to make more, one of their NBA counterparts is firing a warning shot.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told reporters tonight that the NFL is bordering on over-saturation of the market, with dire consequences.

“I think the NFL is 10 years away from an implosion,” Cuban said, via Tim McMahon of ESPNDallas.com. “I’m just telling you, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. And they’re getting hoggy. Just watch. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way.

“I’m just telling you, when you’ve got a good thing and you get greedy, it always, always, always, always, always turns on you. That’s rule number one of business.”

Cuban was speaking specifically of the NFL’s expanded television package, which will put NFL games on CBS this fall on Thursdays, with the games being simulcast on the NFL Network.
“They’re trying to take over every night of TV,” Cuban said. “Initially, it’ll be, ‘Yeah, they’re the biggest-rating thing that there is.’ OK, Thursday, that’s great, regardless of whether it impacts [the NBA] during that period when we cross over. Then if it gets Saturday, now you’re impacting colleges. Now it’s on four days a week. …

“It’s all football. At some point, the people get sick of it.”

So far, there is no indication of that, as the league has shown its greatest ability is to make money. This week’s discussion of expanding the playoff field is another step toward expanding potential broadcast revenue.

And while there’s an element of sour grapes in Cuban’s comments, he’s also a smart enough businessman to make it worth considering.

greatgooglymoogly
03-23-2014, 08:03 PM
Anyone remember the rehash of Star Search with Arsenio Hall? I think that happened around the time this thread was started. Awful stuff.