PDA

View Full Version : I am a FAT BASTARD!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Frazod
05-05-2003, 07:41 PM
:cuss:

And I'm not going to take it anymore!

I hereby publicly declare war on bulging gut and giant ass! 4321

The diet begins NOW. The dietary supplements begin NOW. The exercising begins NOW (albeit in small quantities at first, since the idea is better health, not instant death).

The last time I stepped on the scales, I weighed in at a whopping 255, and I'm sure it's only gotten worse. The clothes I bought because I'd gotten too fat for my old clothes are now getting too tight as well. I spent the day encarcerated in a pair of pants that were downright painful. Anything beyond a leisurely walk kicks my ass. If I tried to sprint a block right now I'd probably drop dead.

:shake:

Fully realizing that I'm opening myself up for a epic blast of abuse by you vicious bastards by posting this, it is my hope that any words of encouragement/barbs of fat bastard jokes will help motivate me to reach my goal.

And that goal is simple: a waist line measurement that starts with a 3 (while maintaining double digits), and a weight that starts with a 1 (while maintaining triple digits). So I figure I've got a good 60 pounds and 6" inches of fatass waistline to go.

Beyond that, I'd love to be able to fit into my crackerjacks again. That would probably mean about 80 pounds.

So, I'm off to be healthy. No more 3 a.m. bowls of cereal. No more downing a box of friggin cupcakes. No more meals that would feed a small third world community.

Tonight, I eat a Lean Cuisine dinner and take a mile walk.

Wish me luck! Hopefully the next time any of you see me, you'll see much less of me.

DaWolf
05-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Woah! You mean you've reached Mangino status?

http://www.kusports.com/multimedia/photogalleries/basketball/02-03/uncg/1-01.jpg

Ultra Peanut
05-05-2003, 07:45 PM
So, basically, you should be called "fatzod" now? :D

Good luck, man.

WilliamTheIrish
05-05-2003, 07:47 PM
.......http://www.counton.org/numberland/34/blue%20whale.jpg

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Fully realizing that I'm opening myself up for a epic blast of abuse by you vicious bastards by posting this

Not from me. I made a comment once not even thinking about it and have felt bad about it ever since.

Good luck. ;)

Frazod
05-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Just the kind of moral support I was expecting from you dicks.... :p

ROFL

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by WilliamTheIrish
.......http://www.counton.org/numberland/34/blue%20whale.jpg

OK now I'm sorry but that was funny. ROFL

Frazod
05-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by raiderhader

Not from me. I made a comment once not even thinking about it and have felt bad about it ever since.

Good luck. ;)

Thanks, Jamie. But whatever you said I don't remember, and it pails to what I think everytime I look in the friggin mirror, so by all means, you bony little shit, fire away! :D

Phobia
05-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Yo, Fatzod - when you get through with the 36x32 slacks, send 'em my way. mmkay?

The Bad Guy
05-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Good luck Fraz.

If you drink soda, you should stop that as well. You would be amazed at how much calories you take in drinking soda.

2 months ago I went to the Docs office and I got on the scale and I weighed 243. I went into the same rant to my girlfriend that you did on this board.

The heaviest I could ever remember being was 218 and now my big ass got up to 243.

I had to do something. I would drink about a 2 liter and a half of Pepsi every day. I cut out all those empty calories.

I eat smaller meals every day, but I eat about 5 small meals a day. I joined a gym 2 months ago. I run about 2 miles 4 days a week at the gym.

I'm down to 220 now, with my ideal weight being 205. I drink maybe a glass of soda a week and I'm in shape for the first time since I was a senior in high school 5 years ago.

Good luck man. It takes some will power, but I'm sure you have it in you.

WilliamTheIrish
05-05-2003, 07:53 PM
........... Since you've made the committment do it right. Get your walks in. Make the time. Grab some headphones or books on tape.
You can do it. When you see the results it a positive thing.

See ya on Oprah soon?

JOhn
05-05-2003, 07:55 PM
Hey Fatzod, Cowgilr says you should try Housework ROFL

Fwiw, High school 145lbs

Age 37 160 :D

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by frazod

Thanks, Jamie. But whatever you said I don't remember, and it pails to what I think everytime I look in the friggin mirror, so by all means, you bony little shit, fire away! :D

It was just a stupid little comment I made when we got together in KC. Nothing like that Whale pic. Sorry, I'm still cracking up at that. ROFL

But when someone takes on a serious endeavor like this it's not something I tend to make jokes about.

JimNasium
05-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Fat bastard. ;)

JimNasium
05-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Oh, and if you think you're fat now, just wait till you quit smoking those cancer sticks.

Frazod
05-05-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by The Bad Guy
Good luck Fraz.

If you drink soda, you should stop that as well. You would be amazed at how much calories you take in drinking soda.

2 months ago I went to the Docs office and I got on the scale and I weighed 243. I went into the same rant to my girlfriend that you did on this board.

The heaviest I could ever remember being was 218 and now my big ass got up to 243.

I had to do something. I would drink about a 2 liter and a half of Pepsi every day. I cut out all those empty calories.

I eat smaller meals every day, but I eat about 5 small meals a day. I joined a gym 2 months ago. I run about 2 miles 4 days a week at the gym.

I'm down to 220 now, with my ideal weight being 205. I drink maybe a glass of soda a week and I'm in shape for the first time since I was a senior in high school 5 years ago.

Good luck man. It takes some will power, but I'm sure you have it in you.

I already don't drink soda (except for diet soda when I'm out). At home I only drink diet tea. I hate to think how huge I'd be if I still drank a 2-liter of Mountain Dew a day). :eek:

Basically, I need to get out more and just not eat like a friggin horse. Walking has worked wonders for me in the past. I just need to get in the habit and keep it up.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Now, for other comments:

JOhn, I HATE YOU. :cuss: Anyone who has only gained 15 pounds in 20 years since high school is just EVIL. :p

And Phil, I do have high hopes, but I doubt if anything short of a time machine will put me back in 36" jeans. I figure 38 will be pushing it. But you never know.

And William, no way in hell will you ever see me on Oprah.... :eek:

:)

chief52
05-05-2003, 08:03 PM
I am joining you, Fraz. I have been thinking about it and your post gave me the courage to go up and weigh myself. 228, the heaviest I have every been. Ideal would probably be 185...but I too will be glad to get below 200 and then take it from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oatmeal and treadmill in the morning and packing a good lunch to take to work. I am in...seriously. Not meant to be a bet or a challenge, just maybe an added incentive for both of us!

Sorry, not starting until tomorrow. Homemade spaghetti sauce simmering with homemade sausage and Cabernet already opened. Could not possible waste it.

Tomorrow morning...TREADMILL...do or die! I will keep you posted and you do the same.

P.S. Maybe I should make some "next of kin" plans. ;)

Frazod
05-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by JimNasium
Oh, and if you think you're fat now, just wait till you quit smoking those cancer sticks.

:eek:

Good lord, if I tried to quit smoking AND diet at the same time, I'd probably burst into flames.

I want the fat gone first. The cigs will be next on the list.

Phobia
05-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Dude,

Gaz, TJ, Old Geezer, & Joe Seahawk have all lost significant weight on 2 or 3 different programs. You should drop them a message.

JOhn
05-05-2003, 08:06 PM

JOhn, I HATE YOU. :cuss: Anyone who has only gained 15 pounds in 20 years since high school is just EVIL. :p

:fire: :fire:

Frazod
05-05-2003, 08:06 PM

It was just a stupid little comment I made when we got together in KC. Nothing like that Whale pic. Sorry, I'm still cracking up at that. ROFL

But when someone takes on a serious endeavor like this it's not something I tend to make jokes about.

Seriously, whatever you said has been forgotten. And I really mean that - since I absolutely don't remember what it was. I'm sure it didn't bother me.

Relax, be obnoxious.... pretend Denise just posted this! :eek:

R8RFAN
05-05-2003, 08:07 PM

And I'm not going to take it anymore!

I hereby publicly declare war on bulging gut and giant ass! 4321

The diet begins NOW. The dietary supplements begin NOW. The exercising begins NOW (albeit in small quantities at first, since the idea is better health, not instant death).

The last time I stepped on the scales, I weighed in at a whopping 255, and I'm sure it's only gotten worse. The clothes I bought because I'd gotten too fat for my old clothes are now getting too tight as well. I spent the day encarcerated in a pair of pants that were downright painful. Anything beyond a leisurely walk kicks my ass. If I tried to sprint a block right now I'd probably drop dead.

:shake:

Fully realizing that I'm opening myself up for a epic blast of abuse by you vicious bastards by posting this, it is my hope that any words of encouragement/barbs of fat bastard jokes will help motivate me to reach my goal.

And that goal is simple: a waist line measurement that starts with a 3 (while maintaining double digits), and a weight that starts with a 1 (while maintaining triple digits). So I figure I've got a good 60 pounds and 6" inches of fatass waistline to go.

Beyond that, I'd love to be able to fit into my crackerjacks again. That would probably mean about 80 pounds.

So, I'm off to be healthy. No more 3 a.m. bowls of cereal. No more downing a box of friggin cupcakes. No more meals that would feed a small third world community.

Tonight, I eat a Lean Cuisine dinner and take a mile walk.

Wish me luck! Hopefully the next time any of you see me, you'll see much less of me.

Dude quit killing yourself and get on the low carb lifestyle.

It's so damn easy.

RR

Frazod
05-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by chief52
I am joining you, Fraz. I have been thinking about it and your post gave me the courage to go up and weigh myself. 228, the heaviest I have every been. Ideal would probably be 185...but I too will be glad to get below 200 and then take it from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oatmeal and treadmill in the morning and packing a good lunch to take to work. I am in...seriously. Not meant to be a bet or a challenge, just maybe an added incentive for both of us!

Sorry, not starting until tomorrow. Homemade spaghetti sauce simmering with homemade sausage and Cabernet already opened. Could not possible waste it.

Tomorrow morning...TREADMILL...do or die! I will keep you posted and you do the same.

P.S. Maybe I should make some "next of kin" plans. ;)

Sounds like a plan. Good luck to both of us.

Well, my Lean Cuisine dinner is gone (that certainly didn't take long :grr: ) and now I'm off to walk.

Back later.

gh4chiefs
05-05-2003, 08:09 PM
I weighed in at a whopping 255

I remember 255. :(
:sulk:

JOhn
05-05-2003, 08:09 PM

Good lord, if I tried to quit smoking AND diet at the same time, I'd probably burst into flames.

No weight, but these Fuggin Cigs are bad enough.

I probebly couldn't even keep up with your fat @ss on a walk around the block. :banghead:

I really need to get rid of these damn things

R8RFAN
05-05-2003, 08:10 PM

Well, my Lean Cuisine dinner is gone (that certainly didn't take long :grr: ) and now I'm off to walk.

Back later.

FRAZ send me a smoke I will give you my phone # call me and I will clue you in.

I have lost 50 lbs this year..... now I have stalled but I AM NOT GAINING.

make it easy on yourself I will teach you how.

RR

Bootlegged
1 word:

LIPOSUCTION

Raiderhader

Seriously, whatever you said has been forgotten. And I really mean that - since I absolutely don't remember what it was. I'm sure it didn't bother me.

Relax, be obnoxious.... pretend Denise just posted this! :eek:

I don't think I had better go that far. I don't want you hunting me down and ending my young life. ;)

But really I just don't joke when it comes to these things. I'll offer any other kind of ecouragement, but I'm just not as evil as you and some of the others on here. :)

Ultra Peanut
05-05-2003, 08:11 PM
And William, no way in hell will you ever see me on Oprah.... :eek:Unlike <a href="http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52045" target="_blank">The Rick</a>... ROFL

chief52
05-05-2003, 08:11 PM

Back later.

Exactly...may we both succeed. Have a nice walk. I will get to bed early so I can be up beating feet on the treadmill in the morning.

Good luck!

Rain Man
05-05-2003, 08:12 PM
I just got a physical for some insurance, and the nurse weighed me in at 209. I was stunned; I knew that I'd been gaining weight, but that's ridiculous. I've never been above 187 in my life. Goodbye, Kit Kat she-devil, goodbye cheesecake temptress.

PastorMikH
05-05-2003, 08:15 PM
PUT THE SNICKERS DOWN!!!

(Just doin my part to help support you Fraz.:)

Seriously, good luck with it. two years ago I took 60 pounds off and it was hard to do. A couple of things that helped me... If you can, run. Don't know how things are there, but if you can find a high school track that has the cushioned surface - that is the best. When I first hit the track, I walked a few laps to loosen up, then chugged out a mile in a blazing 18 minutes - It may have been a very slow run, but it was a run just the same. After I got it in my mind that I COULD run a mile, it got easier. Ended up doing several miles an outing 3 or so days a week and averaging about 9 min a mile. Got carried away though and started doing 3 miles 4-5 times a week and got shin splints - don't get carried away. Excercise is essential.

Also, I dieted through the week and tried not to get crazy on the weekends. If there was a particular food I wanted, I would put it off to the weekend. This may seem trivial, but it really helped to limit the Cheating.

Also, wiegh and measure yourself tonight - arms, legs, neck, chest, gut. Seeing yourself lose inches and pounds will motivate you. And there will be times when the scales don't move but you will see the inches drop off the tape. Success motivates.

Set small goals. I shot for 20 pounds. When I hit it, I celebrated (within reason of course). Then, tried for another 20 pounds and so on. Also, there will be times when you will go for sometimes 2 - 3 weeks without seeing any progress. Just keep on doing everything like you should and your body will make the adjustment and start losing again.

Lastly, don't starve yourself, just cut back. When you are at the PC and get the munchies, get some carrots or celery to much on instead.

Good luck with it Fraz!

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by ®aiders®ock

Dude quit killing yourself and get on the low carb lifestyle.

It's so damn easy.

RR

My parents are on that gig. They lost some weight (they weren't really that over weight to begin with I thought) and have now stalled. But my Dad still likes it because they aren't gaining and he feels healthier.

Pros and cons to the diet -

Cons - you are supposed to lay off of bread stuffs, potatoes, and sugar (including fruit for the first few weeks)

Pros - A lot of steaks and shrimp and other expensive foods. Most green veggies are out the door (salads are an exception)

JimNasium
05-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Kevin
I just got a physical for some insurance, and the nurse weighed me in at 209. I was stunned; I knew that I'd been gaining weight, but that's ridiculous. I've never been above 187 in my life. Goodbye, Kit Kat she-devil, goodbye cheesecake temptress. How tall are you?

old_geezer
05-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Old Geezer checking in;

I went on the Atkin's low-carb diet on July 1st of last year and started walking at the same time. When I first started walking I was lucky to get 1/2 of a mile. By the end of summer I was up to 3 miles a day with an occasional 4-5 miles a day if I had the time.

I weighed 234 when I started on the diet and weighed in at 173 on Dec. 1st of last year. I just weighed today on the scales at the post office and I checked in at 172.5 lbs. My waist size went from 44 to 35 inches. I feel better than I have in a long time.

The Atkin's diet isn't for everyone, but it sure works for me. I'm on what is called lifetime maintainence right now and I'm eating more carbs than I thought was possible when I first started; just making sure I'm eating the correct ones.

FWIW I weighed 210 when I graduated from high school with a 34 inch waist. :D

suds79
05-05-2003, 08:19 PM
You know a lot of people fail diets because once they achieve their goal weight, they let themselves slip back into their bad eating habits.

I think a lot of people think of the term "diet" as a temporary thing. You have to change the way you eat & exercise for the rest of your life.

Now having said that, good luck. :thumb:

Otter
05-05-2003, 08:21 PM
http://www.duke.edu/~ccs3/hartpyle.jpg

FRAZOD - YOU FAT, SMILEY, WALRUS-LOOKING PIECE OF $HIT - YOUR ASS LOOKS LIKE ABOUT 150 POUNDS OF CHEWED UP BUBBLE GUM!

IF I SEE YOU PUT ONE MORE DOUGHNUT IN THAT MUNKEY SPUNK COLLECTOR OF YOURS I'M GONNA STICK MY BOOT SO FAR UP YOUR FAT ASS YOU'LL HAVE TO UNTIE MY SHOE LACES WITH YOUR TONSELLS TO FLOSS YOUR TEETH!!!!

otter
~here to help

Rausch

I'd recomend doing that in reverse order.

Quit smoking first, odds are you'll put on weight from that anyway. Don't make it harder on yourself. Besides, it'll only help your wind when you haven't had a cig for a few months.

I've been trying to get together with Grimm more to lift but our schedules are nearly impossible. We'll get it worked out though.

Brad,
doesn't care what gravity's pull is, just want's to be in shape and look good again....

....Fat bastard!....Sorry, couldn't resist...... :fire:

JimNasium
Originally posted by Otter

FRAZOD - YOU FAT, SMILEY, WALRUS-LOOKING PIECE OF $HIT - YOUR ASS LOOKS LIKE ABOUT 150 POUNDS OF CHEWED UP BUBBLE GUM!

IF I SEE YOU PUT ONE MORE DOUGHNUT IN THAT MUNKEY SPUNK COLLECTOR OF YOURS I'M GONNA STICK MY BOOT SO FAR UP YOUR FAT ASS YOU'LL HAVE TO UNTIE MY SHOE LACES WITH YOUR TONSELLS TO FLOSS YOUR TEETH!!!! ROFL

Rausch
05-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by suds79
You know a lot of people fail diets because once they achieve their goal weight, they let themselves slip back into their bad eating habits.

I think a lot of people think of the term "diet" as a temporary thing. You have to change the way you eat & exercise for the rest of your life.

Now having said that, good luck. :thumb:

Bingo....whatever you do lose it, you have to keep doing. And if what you did to lose it to begin with isn't safe to do long term, forget it. Don't....

PastorMikH
05-05-2003, 08:24 PM
How tall are you?

If we are going weight/hieght ratio I'm, uhm, how about 7'3" tall?:)

Ultra Peanut
05-05-2003, 08:24 PM

IF I SEE YOU PUT ONE MORE DOUGHNUT IN THAT MUNKEY SPUNK COLLECTOR OF YOURS I'M GONNA STICK MY BOOT SO FAR UP YOUR FAT ASS YOU'LL HAVE TO UNTIE MY SHOE LACES WITH YOUR TONSELLS TO FLOSS YOUR TEETH!!!!

otter
~here to help :LOL:

Rain Man
05-05-2003, 08:25 PM
How tall are you?

6 feet and 1/2 inch, according to the nurse. On paper, I look like a free safety, but the resemblance ends there.

Phobia
05-05-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Kevin
Goodbye, Kit Kat she-devil, goodbye cheesecake temptress.

What odd labels for a nurse....

Bwana
05-05-2003, 08:46 PM

otter
~here to help

LMAO ROFL That should do it.

chief52
05-05-2003, 08:59 PM

Back later.

Fraz left on his walk almost an hour ago. What time should we call the local authorities? :)

Frazod
05-05-2003, 09:06 PM

Fraz left on his walk almost an hour ago. What time should we call the local authorities? :)

Don't worry, I survived. Walked about 40 minutes - at least two miles. Walking is something that I do a lot of daily - I already walked over a mile to the train station from my office. In the mornings, I take a cab. That also stops now.

So, if I walk to and from my office, plus this little circuit around the neighborhood, that'll be around 4 miles a day. Goddamn, that ought to be good for some weight loss on its own. With the diet and the supplements, I should take off the pounds.

Like the Pyle photo, Otter. :D Seems strangely appropriate. I'd probably do pretty good with ol' R. Lee chasing my fat ass down the street.

Pastor, that's a good idea about the tape. I will do that.

And RR, I will smoke you my number shortly. Was going to do it anyway, since I'll be in Asheville two weeks from today. Don't know how far you are from there, but perhaps we can hook up.

Rausch
05-05-2003, 09:08 PM
And just look at what happened to Pyle's acting career after he lost all that weight....:D

Frazod
05-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by BRAD_CAUDLE
And just look at what happened to Pyle's acting career after he lost all that weight....:D

Hey, Vince is doing okay.... :spock:

chief52
05-05-2003, 09:11 PM

Don't worry, I survived. Walked about 40 minutes - at least two miles. Walking is something that I do a lot of daily - I already walked over a mile to the train station from my office. In the mornings, I take a cab. That also stops now.

So, if I walk to and from my office, plus this little circuit around the neighborhood, that'll be around 4 miles a day. Goddamn, that ought to be good for some weight loss on its own. With the diet and the supplements, I should take off the pounds.

Like the Pyle photo, Otter. :D Seems strangely appropriate. I'd probably do pretty good with ol' R. Lee chasing my fat ass down the street.

Pastor, that's a good idea about the tape. I will do that.

And RR, I will smoke you my number shortly. Was going to do it anyway, since I'll be in Asheville two weeks from today. Don't know how far you are from there, but perhaps we can hook up.

Good job, Fraz and best of luck! I really am in it as well! I have been doing the treadmill, but not consistantly at all. Been at least 2 weeks...hell, probably more. Consistancy is the key. Tomorrow it starts!

Frazod
05-05-2003, 09:13 PM

Good job, Fraz and best of luck! I really am in it as well! I have been doing the treadmill, but not consistantly at all. Been at least 2 weeks...hell, probably more. Consistancy is the key. Tomorrow it starts!

I have a treadmill in the basement that I used for about a week four years ago.... :shake:

I'll need to fire that up once it gets too damned hot to run outside.

Rudy lost the toss
05-05-2003, 09:20 PM
i have to cut weight every season for wrestling at my high school. It sucks i have to be 103 my junior year next fall. right now im about 110. my freshman year i weighed 125.:thumb:

Frazod
05-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by chiefzilla
i have to cut weight every season for wrestling at my high school. It sucks i have to be 103 my junior year next fall. right now im about 110. my freshman year i weighed 125.:thumb:

When I was your age, weight wasn't a problem. When I graduated I weighed 135.

Check back in in 20 years and let me know how you're doing.... :grr:

chief52
05-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by chiefzilla

BE CAREFUL! That can be dangerous under the wrong guidance as I am sure you have been told.

Rausch
05-05-2003, 09:28 PM

Hey, Vince is doing okay.... :spock:

Exactly...dude has been in an assload of flicks....one of my favorites actually.....:)

Iowanian
05-05-2003, 09:29 PM
BEEFCAKE! I'm not fat...I'm gettin' in SHAPE!

I've made the committment to lose a whoppin' 10lbs....It might pale in comparison to some of you....but this is the first time I've had a gut....computer/Pepsi muscle...

I'm cutting back on Pop, trying to tone down the calories....and doing stuff I like more to exercise...Walked the timber for 2-3hrs saturday and sunday...Picked mushrooms, looked for arrowheads...whatever....

Its summer now, so I'm going to start fishing ponds...walking around them as I go...maybe park at the road instead of driving in.....and more workout riding my dirtbike on some weekends....stuff like that...

....and going to the Y to lift weights on nights the chic is teaching aerobics...

Good Luck brother Fatties.

Zilla......I cut alot of weight in HS wrestling...140 to 119-125.....My advice...move up to 112 and hit the weights...

Frazod
05-05-2003, 09:31 PM
10 pounds wouldn't put a dent in my gut (although I guess it would make my current clothes fit better, which would be a start).

I need to lose much more than that.

Logical
05-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Tim do not be so hard on yourself I am sure that the women who the song

"Ain't gonna bump no more (with Big Fat Women)"

was built around are hot to get wich ya.

Frazod
05-05-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Logical
Tim do not be so hard on yourself I am sure that the women who the song

"Ain't gonna bump no more (with Big Fat Women)"

was built around are hot to get wich ya.

:spock:

No fat chicks for me, dude.

Iowanian
05-05-2003, 09:36 PM
I know 10-15lbs isn't much in comparison...but its the first time I've EVER had this type of problem with it....

I know that I'm still pretty active, and how hard it can be even in my relatively good condition....the Knee doc just last week dictated that I'm "above average" in physical condition and "look like I take care of myself"...

That said...I know how hard it is to get back into the habbit of exercising and working out...

My Dad is probably having a bypass this week...hopefully just a balloon. He's got problems with his heart, and his weight gain since quitting smoking 5-6 years ago has cause adult diabetes....He needs to drop 50-60lbs.....I know how hard it is for him. I'm trying to figure out a way to motivate an older man with a bad heart and a fat gut.

As hard as it is for me to get into shape.....I have alot of respect for those of you in "greater need" because I'm sure its harder....

When I was in the gym, regular, trying to "gain beef" The best thing I learned was to take a poloriod once a week......YOu'll be disgusted by what you see the first week....but YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE in the photos...even though you won't notice in the mirror....

Frazod
05-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Well, I'm off to a good start, I think.

I had my Starbucks and a danish this morning, but since... a Slim Fast for lunch and Lean Cuisine for dinner. Plus I walked about 3 miles all total.

Ultra Peanut
05-05-2003, 09:38 PM
"Fat chicks are like mopeds. They're fun to ride, until your friends catch you on one."

Mr. Christopher
05-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Good luck Mark M...er...I mean Tim. :D

I tried dieting over the past eight or so weeks just by reducing my serving sizes. Sticking to a regular three meals a day, but only having four actual serving sizes of breads, four of each fruits and vegetables, and attempting two proteins (I love meat, but I don't eat a lot of it at the moment), and one or two dairy products. Also, the diet allows for one snack per day (could be an extra serving of one of the above, or it could even be *gasp* a candy bar or something along those lines). The idea is that you do not deny yourself entirely only to binge later. You eat what you want in moderation.

I've lost seven or so pounds since I really disciplined myself to do it.

Best of luck to you, Tim, and I really mean it. I know it can be hard, but once you get used to eating healthy, you will start to feel better, which, I guess will mean you will have more energy for one of your tirades or sadistic replies or whatever.

Iowanian
05-05-2003, 09:40 PM
"HEY LOOK EVERYONE, FRAZ HAS HIRED THE SAME PERSONAL TRAINER AS RYAN SIMS AND GRADY JACKSON!"

Frazod
05-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Thanks, Chris. This will be really difficult for me, but I'm motivated.

I'm sick of living/looking like this.

Mr. Christopher
05-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks, Chris. This will be really difficult for me, but I'm motivated.

I'm sick of living/looking like this.

I guarantee that losing the first ten pounds will give you a whole lot of motivation to do more. You will feel much better. I wish you the very best.

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 09:47 PM
On another note, does anyone know how to GAIN weight? I've tried just about everything.

ENDelt260
05-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Psicosis
"Fat chicks are like mopeds. They're fun to ride, until your friends catch you on one."

My favorite variation on that... when I went to Panama City for Spring Break my sophomore year there was a "healthy" girl at our hotel who slept w/ one of my fraternity brothers the first night there. A couple nights later, another fooled around w/ her. Later in the week while riding down the street w/ lucky bachelor #2, we saw some doods on mopeds, at which point he remarked: "Fat girls are like mopeds: they may be fun to ride... but I'll let Clint do it first."

Mr. Christopher
05-05-2003, 09:53 PM
On another note, does anyone know how to GAIN weight? I've tried just about everything.

Beer works fairly sufficiently, I've heard.

Drink some NewCastle or something else that is really thick, and drink at least a six pack in one sitting every day of the week ;)

:toast:

tommykat
05-05-2003, 09:54 PM
Well, I'm off to a good start, I think.

I had my Starbucks and a danish this morning, but since... a Slim Fast for lunch and Lean Cuisine for dinner. Plus I walked about 3 miles all total.

Good luck buddy! It will happen for you. It's just learning to eat to live and not live to eat. ;) j/k.........But in a couple of weeks you will see that you can't eat as much as you used to. Stomach will shrink and make it easier. :D :toast:

Frazod
05-05-2003, 09:55 PM

Yeah, be me for 24 hours. :cuss:

Frazod
05-05-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by tommykat

Good luck buddy! It will happen for you. It's just learning to eat to live and not live to eat. ;) j/k.........But in a couple of weeks you will see that you can't eat as much as you used to. Stomach will shrink and make it easier. :D :toast:

Thanks, TK. I sure hope so.

JOhn
05-05-2003, 09:56 PM

Check back in in 20 years and let me know how you're doing.... :grr: :thumb: :toast: :toast:

Doing fine, thanks for asking

PastorMikH
05-05-2003, 09:57 PM

Get married.

Frazod
Originally posted by jOHn
:thumb: :toast: :toast:

Doing fine, thanks for asking

Your skinny ass needs to be kicked, I think..... :$2500:

:p

papasmurf
exercise is always good and any reduction in calories helps.

Good luck. Take a pic now to compare in 3 to 4 weeks

JOhn
05-05-2003, 09:58 PM

Your skinny ass needs to be kicked, I think..... :$2500:

:p

just don't sit on me :eek:

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 09:59 PM

Yeah, be me for 24 hours. :cuss:

I said I wasn't going to make jokes at your expense, I didn't say anything about not throwing my weight in your face. :D

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:00 PM

just don't sit on me :eek:

I'm on my way to Cody, f#cker.... :fire:

JOhn
05-05-2003, 10:00 PM

I said I wasn't going to make jokes at your expense, I didn't say anything about not throwing my weight in your face. :D :LOL:

:thumb:

No worries, he couldn't catch ya anyway. Besides if he gets close throw him a donut

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by PastorMikH

Get married.

ROFL That's all right, I'm not THAT serious about it.

Frazod
Originally posted by papasmurf
exercise is always good and any reduction in calories helps.

Good luck. Take a pic now to compare in 3 to 4 weeks

Every picture taken of me for the past couple of years is motivation enough.

Mr. Christopher
Seriously, RH, I'm not sure what kinds of foods to tell you to eat. I find that carbs in the form of noodles and breads do a lot for me in terms of bulking up...but I'm not sure that that is the good kind of weight gaining.

You might see what you can find on the internet about a protein diet or something more designed for weight gaining.

And the other thing that I can suggest is starting a weight training program. The best weight that you can gain is in the gym doing bench presses, bicep curls and tricep exercises, pushups, crunches, and leg workouts.

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:02 PM
:LOL:

No worries, he couldn't catch ya anyway. Besides if he gets close throw him a donut

GO CLEAN SOMETHING! nlm

tommykat
05-05-2003, 10:02 PM

Get married.

:LOL: :LOL: That is the truth~:D

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 10:03 PM

I ain't worried about him catching me. This is Tim, I fully expect a sniper's bullet to take me out. He's to smart to give me a chance to run and to smart to come to the door since he knows I have that Beretta.

Hader,
looking out for glass reflections from rooftops

JOhn
05-05-2003, 10:03 PM

GO CLEAN SOMETHING! nlm

Ya know I'm just paying you back

Mmmmmm brownies :drool:

hawaiianboy
05-05-2003, 10:04 PM
Just some tips:

1) Do not step on a scale during the entire process... Body weight has no relevance to body fat dropped... Initially weight will drop due to water loss, but your weight will plateau or increase as your body converts fat to muscle during the beginning of the process... People get discouraged when the scale weight doesn't jive with their effort level... Let the mirror and the way your pants fit be your guide...

2) Take a picture of your fat self now and tape it to the fridge... More calories are taken in at night while watching TV than any time else....

3) Dump all the junk food that will tempt you in the garbage can from the jump... Don't convince yourself that you have the willpower to resist...

4) Allow yourself one a day a week to eat whatever you want... The increase in calories will force your metabalism to work and not plateau....

5) Exercise first thing in the morning if you can... Do it on an empty stomach or just eat a bagel if you must... Your body will be forced to use stored fat for energy and not what you've eaten throughout the day....
Have a good sized meal after...

6) Vary your exercise... Your body adapts to what you're doing pretty quickly and won't burn as many calories for fuel.... Interval training is ideal... If you have access to a treadmill, use a higher speed than normal for a minute and rotate it with a minute of normal pace.... if you don't, just walk faster than usual for a minute... If you workout, high reps and minimal time between sets are ideal... I do 40 minutes of hard cardio before I hit the weights to maximize calorie burning...

7) Cut excess sugars... I'm not a believer in low carb diets myself as most people will gain weight rapidly if they don't stick with a low carb diet.... Think long term maintenance and try for an acceptable balance with your carb/protein intake...

8) Try to eat your last meal of the day 4 hours before you hit the rack...but by all means, if you're hungry-EAT something... Your body knows whats best for you... Depriving your body when your hungry leads to those midnight binge sessions....

9) Getting in shape is about work, not some secret diet trick... People would save alot of money if they realize the common denominater to all those success stories whether it be Atkins, Subway or whatever... Everyone of those people has increased their activity and exercise level... Put the work in and you'll see results...

10) Follow the KISS method... too many people make it more complicated and harder than it has to be.... Just cut out the fried foods, cut out fast foods, cut candy and soda, drink lots of water, don't starve yourself, eat when you're hungry, exercise and you'll see changes pretty quick...

Good luck even though 'Fit Chiefs fan is an oxymoron if I ever heard one...

PastorMikH
05-05-2003, 10:04 PM

Besides if he gets close throw him a donut

Cold man, really cold. Besides, don't you know that us fat people can do just about anything while eating? Wouldn't be any big deal for Fraz to snag that donut and keep on chasing you down.

Hey Fraz, you seen the pics of jOn and the family on here? We know who does the household chores at his house - perhaps you could hire him to cook your meals.

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Christopher
Seriously, RH, I'm not sure what kinds of foods to tell you to eat. I find that carbs in the form of noodles and breads do a lot for me in terms of bulking up...but I'm not sure that that is the good kind of weight gaining.

You might see what you can find on the internet about a protein diet or something more designed for weight gaining.

And the other thing that I can suggest is starting a weight training program. The best weight that you can gain is in the gym doing bench presses, bicep curls and tricep exercises, pushups, crunches, and leg workouts.

I'm not really that serious about it. I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Although it is hard to get girls when they are jealous of the fact that I'm thinner than they are.

JOhn
05-05-2003, 10:06 PM

Cold man, really cold. Besides, don't you know that us fat people can do just about anything while eating? Wouldn't be any big deal for Fraz to snag that donut and keep on chasing you down.

Now that was a funny mental picture, Fraz waddling down the street, Glock in 1 hand Donut in the other......

"Hold still you B@stard, or you'll make me drop my jelly" ROFL

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:07 PM

Ya know I'm just paying you back

Mmmmmm brownies :drool:

Evil bastard! :cuss:

Of course, I know I deserve it.

But now you've got me thinking about the cookie dough in the frig..... :grr:

But no, I ain't touching it. Until binge day, that is.

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by hawaiianboy
Just some tips:

1) Do not step on a scale during the entire process... Body weight has no relevance to body fat dropped... Initially weight will drop due to water loss, but your weight will plateau or increase as your body converts fat to muscle during the beginning of the process... People get discouraged when the scale weight doesn't jive with their effort level... Let the mirror and the way your pants fit be your guide...

2) Take a picture of your fat self now and tape it to the fridge... More calories are taken in at night while watching TV than any time else....

3) Dump all the junk food that will tempt you in the garbage can from the jump... Don't convince yourself that you have the willpower to resist...

4) Allow yourself one a day a week to eat whatever you want... The increase in calories will force your metabalism to work and not plateau....

5) Exercise first thing in the morning if you can... Do it on an empty stomach or just eat a bagel if you must... Your body will be forced to use stored fat for energy and not what you've eaten throughout the day....
Have a good sized meal after...

6) Vary your exercise... Your body adapts to what you're doing pretty quickly and won't burn as many calories for fuel.... Interval training is ideal... If you have access to a treadmill, use a higher speed than normal for a minute and rotate it with a minute of normal pace.... if you don't, just walk faster than usual for a minute... If you workout, high reps and minimal time between sets are ideal... I do 40 minutes of hard cardio before I hit the weights to maximize calorie burning...

7) Cut excess sugars... I'm not a believer in low carb diets myself as most people will gain weight rapidly if they don't stick with a low carb diet.... Think long term maintenance and try for an acceptable balance with your carb/protein intake...

8) Try to eat your last meal of the day 4 hours before you hit the rack...but by all means, if you're hungry-EAT something... Your body knows whats best for you... Depriving your body when your hungry leads to those midnight binge sessions....

9) Getting in shape is about work, not some secret diet trick... People would save alot of money if they realize the common denominater to all those success stories whether it be Atkins, Subway or whatever... Everyone of those people has increased their activity and exercise level... Put the work in and you'll see results...

10) Follow the KISS method... too many people make it more complicated and harder than it has to be.... Just cut out the fried foods, cut out fast foods, cut candy and soda, drink lots of water, don't starve yourself, eat when you're hungry, exercise and you'll see changes pretty quick...

Good luck even though 'Fit Chiefs fan is an oxymoron if I ever heard one...

Thanks, JQ. All good points. Except I'm hungry enough to eat a friggin side of beef raw right now and I'm not going to. Too late at night.

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:09 PM

Now that was a funny mental picture, Fraz waddling down the street, Glock in 1 hand Donut in the other......

JOhn
05-05-2003, 10:09 PM

Evil bastard! :cuss:

Of course, I know I deserve it.

But now you've got me thinking about the cookie dough in the frig..... :grr:

But no, I ain't touching it. Until binge day, that is.

ROFL ROFL :LOL: :LOL: :D :D

Chocolate chip dough? :D

Phobia
05-05-2003, 10:10 PM
My parents are on that gig. They lost some weight (they weren't really that over weight to begin with I thought) and have now stalled. But my Dad still likes it because they aren't gaining and he feels healthier.

You've GOT to be kidding me. Your old man could wear your freaking cloths.

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:11 PM

ROFL ROFL :LOL: :LOL: :D :D

Chocolate chip dough? :D

No, worse. Chocolate chip peanut butter. :grr:

BTW, if this diet works out, I just MIGHT be able to run you down..... :$2500:

:evil:

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 10:12 PM

ROFL That's even funnier than the d@mned whale! ROFL

Mr. Christopher
05-05-2003, 10:13 PM

I'm not really that serious about it. I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Although it is hard to get girls when they are jealous of the fact that I'm thinner than they are.

That's right...you just keep pissing those girls off...and making it easier for the rest of us single people to pick them up ;).

How much DO you weigh, if you don't mind my asking?

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Phobia

You've GOT to be kidding me. Your old man could wear your freaking cloths.

He ain't THAT thin. Technicaly I wear a 28" waist (although I get by with a 30). He wears at least a 33" (maybe larger, that's just what i remember him wearing when I was a kid). He actually looks better now than he did a few years back.

JOhn
05-05-2003, 10:16 PM

ROFL That's even funnier than the d@mned whale! ROFL

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:18 PM

Oh, you are a dick.... :cuss:

But I admire that! :D

Raiderhader
Originally posted by Mr. Christopher

That's right...you just keep pissing those girls off...and making it easier for the rest of us single people to pick them up ;).

How much DO you weigh, if you don't mind my asking?

He!! you're going to need more help than just me removing myself from the picture. :p

It's been a while since I checked but I'm gonna guess about 125. I am about 5'11" or 6' tall. So pretty d@mn scrawny. I didn't break 100 until I was something like 16 or 17.

JOhn
OK, I'll stop now, bfore I get a letter bomb :eek:

I'm dedicating myself to be Tims motivator. He's gotta have a reason to get thin, so he can catch me skinny @ss

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:19 PM
OK, I'll stop now, bfore I get a letter bomb :eek:

I'm dedicating myself to be Tims motivator. He's gotta have a reason to get thin, so he can catch me skinny @ss

Like Jamie said, I don't need to catch you.... :bang:

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 10:20 PM

LOL! My main reason for liking Tim is summed up nicely in this quote. ;)

PastorMikH
05-05-2003, 10:21 PM

He ain't THAT thin. Technicaly I wear a 28" waist

I despise skinney people. Of cousre, my bicep is only about 10 inches smaller than your waist.;)

BTW, Dad is tall and skinny. Makes me sick that he can literaly sit down and eat a medium pizza all by himself without gaining an ounce. I watch him eat it and I gain 5 pounds:shake:

Raiderhader

Like Jamie said, I don't need to catch you.... :bang:

See, what did I tell ya?

JOhn

Well then one more before I bail for awhile

JOhn
05-05-2003, 10:22 PM

BTW, Dad is tall and skinny. Makes me sick that he can literaly sit down and eat a medium pizza all by himself without gaining an once. I watch him eat it and I gain 5 pounds:shake:

Ahh ain't life grand :p

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:23 PM

:huh: :banghead: :cuss:

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:24 PM

LOL! My main reason for liking Tim is summed up nicely in this quote. ;)

ROFL

PastorMikH
05-05-2003, 10:24 PM

Yeah, she will be upset if she comes home and finds the dishes and vacuuming haven't been done. Oh, and by the way, don't forget to put the seat down before she gets home.

JOhn
05-05-2003, 10:25 PM

:huh: :banghead: :cuss:

Hey At least I havn't tried to quit smoking this week. Then i really would be an @sshole :D

Seriously, Good luck tim, and anytime you need some motivation, I'll be HAPPY to provide it :fire:

Frazod

Yeah, she will be upset if she comes home and finds the dishes and vacuuming haven't been done. Oh, and by the way, don't forget to put the seat down before she gets home.

JOhn doesn't put the seat up in the first place.... ROFL

Raiderhader

I despise skinney people. Of cousre, my bicep is only about 10 inches smaller than your waist.;)

BTW, Dad is tall and skinny. Makes me sick that he can literaly sit down and eat a medium pizza all by himself without gaining an once. I watch him eat it and I gain 5 pounds:shake:

:D

You see I'm not like that, I can't very much in one sitting. I've considered force feeding myself to put a little more meat on my bones but decided I'd better not as I'll only regret it later. Better to excersise and build muscle. I just haven't had any succes in making myself do that.

PastorMikH
05-05-2003, 10:26 PM

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

JOhn
05-05-2003, 10:26 PM

Bite me pastor nlm

CHIEF4EVER
05-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Welcome to the Fat Bastards Club Fraz.........you running for Grand PooBah?ROFL

Just kidding bro, I have dropped 30 pounds on the Atkins diet and still going strong. 260 down to 230. No ill effects and I eat as much as I want.

Raiderhader
05-05-2003, 10:27 PM

ROFL That's funnier than the image of Tim with Glock in one hand and donut in the other! ROFL

JOhn
05-05-2003, 10:28 PM

Yea .... well take This :grr:

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by CHIEF4EVER
Welcome to the Fat Bastards Club Fraz.........you running for Grand PooBah?ROFL

Just kidding bro, I have dropped 30 pounds on the Atkins diet and still going strong. 260 down to 230. No ill effects and I eat as much as I want.

Cool. You can be my short-term role model.

230 would be a welcome relief right now! :thumb:

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:30 PM

Yea .... well take This :grr:

Did you bake those yourself, ma'am? :p

JOhn
Off I go to Drink my 20oz MtDew, and maybe a couple of Pop-Tarts or maybe some ice cream, with Hershey syrup on top :p

PastorMikH

Bite me pastor

Fraz, it looks like hwy 80 is the route you'll be taking on your way out to Cody. I'll be waiting at the junction of hwy 80 and 83 up there in Nebraska for you. I'm sure that one of us can catch him.

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:31 PM

Fraz, it looks like hwy 80 is the route you'll be taking on your way out to Cody. I'll be waiting at the junction of hwy 80 and 83 up there in Nebraska for you. I'm sure that one of us can catch him.

Sounds good.

You knock him down, I'll sit on him. :evil:

CHIEF4EVER
05-05-2003, 10:35 PM

Cool. You can be my short-term role model.

230 would be a welcome relief right now! :thumb:

Check out the book on the Atkins Diet from your local library and read it from cover to cover. Stock up on Multivitamins and Chromium Piccolinate. Good Luck.:toast:

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by CHIEF4EVER

Check out the book on the Atkins Diet from your local library and read it from cover to cover. Stock up on Multivitamins and Chromium Piccolinate. Good Luck.:toast:

I don't think Atkins will work for me. I like pasta and potatoes too much.

Exercise, eating in moderation and metabolism-enhancing supplements will have to work for me.

KcMizzou
05-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Fraz... I haven't read all this... but I think you did a wise thing in telling people you were gonna do it. (if that makes sense)

when I was up to 230... I'd decide to lose weight... and it'd be one of those "secret" diets... ya know? So nobody'd know when you cheated.

When it finally worked for me... it was because I told everyone. I mean.. if you swear you're sick of it... and you're gonna drop some weight.... you can't exactly have your gf or friends see you ordering a double QP.

I lost 50 lbs 3 years ago... (from 230 to 180) I've kept most of it off. (195 now) My problem is that my eating habits go to sh*t when I'm single. It's really easy to hit the drive-through or just order a pizza. The beer doesn't help either.

I think I'll join you. I'd rather lose 15 now... than try to lose 40 in a couple years. It's not that hard when you put your mind to it. For me it helped to have one day a week when I ate whatever I wanted. (Sunday.... for the Chiefs party food, of course)

KcMizzou
05-05-2003, 10:45 PM
I didn't have a "plan" either. It's really pretty simple.

eat less, move more.

Frazod
05-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by KcMizzou
I didn't have a "plan" either. It's really pretty simple.

eat less, move more.

Yeah, that about sums it up. But I'm trying a bit of science as well. Clearly I have the metabolism of a friggin sloth. I need to jumpstart that a bit.

KcMizzou
05-05-2003, 10:57 PM

Yeah, that about sums it up. But I'm trying a bit of science as well. Clearly I have the metabolism of a friggin sloth. I need to jumpstart that a bit. 20-30 minutes a day (3 or 4 times a week) on a bike or treadmill will work wonders. You just have to get that heart rate up to a certain point... and keep it there for a certain amount of time.

My mistake was that I'd bust my ass for a week or two... then decide it wasn't worth it and quit. I was tryin' to do too much too fast.

The walks are a great idea. As long as you're doing somewhat more than your body's used to... you're gonna make progress. Just don't get in a big hurry... you'll burn out.

stevieray
05-05-2003, 11:59 PM
mmmm..cereal.

KcMizzou
05-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by stevieray
mmmm..cereal. ROFL... you are an evil, evil man Stevie. :shake:

JOhn
05-06-2003, 12:04 AM
ROFL... you are an evil, evil man Stevie. :shake:

You should have read some of the shit I posted earlier...or the Pics :fire:

stevieray
05-06-2003, 12:05 AM
ROFL... you are an evil, evil man Stevie. :shake:

wha? WTF? I'm evil? look at his friggin avatar! Why does the fat bastard get a free ride on being evil all the time anyway?

where are those darn raisins?

JOhn
05-06-2003, 12:07 AM

wha? WTF? I'm evil? look at his friggin avatar! Why does the fat bastard get a free ride on being evil all the time anyway?

where are those darn raisins?

Got some M&M's :D

Of course i allready munched on some pop-tarts :p

Chiefs Pantalones
05-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Should I look back on all the replies, or just agree?

JOhn
05-06-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Cody
Should I look back on all the replies, or just agree?

Look, there is some FUNNY chit ROFL

PastorMikH
05-06-2003, 12:11 AM

Got some M&M's :D

Of course i allready munched on some pop-tarts :p

I see jOn got all the chores done.;)

JOhn
05-06-2003, 12:13 AM

I see jOn got all the chores done.;)

Nope no chores tonight, just endless paperwork :banghead:

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:13 AM

Yeah, that about sums it up. But I'm trying a bit of science as well. Clearly I have the metabolism of a friggin sloth. I need to jumpstart that a bit. good for u, fraz!

it's better to get a handle on it when your still young and then stay with it...

i didn't pay attention and the next thing i knew i was a happy 54 year old that weighed 380!!

down to 350 now and feelin better, but would like to get down to 300 by mid summer... don't know if i can get there, but it's good to have goals... no diet and no exercise, just good ol fashion moderation and trying to go by the new "healthy food pyramid" put out by harvard med school, school of nursing, and public health school... you don't have to be religious about it, just use it as a guide as much as you can, it really makes a difference, but it's a lifelong thing, not a "diet"... otherwise, you'll just gain the weight back eventually... i've lost and gained the same 100 pounds more times than i can remember in my life, but i always seem to gain another 10 - 20 along with the original 100 after i go off the diet... this approach seems permanent and is not "painful" at all... check it out - i'm sure you can find out about it online... remember, it's only a guide, not a rigid thing at all...

good luck! :toast:

PastorMikH
05-06-2003, 12:14 AM

Nope no chores tonight, just endless paperwork :banghead:

Paperwork? Taxes were due a month ago.

Must be for that guy nurse degree.:rolleyes: :D

KcMizzou
05-06-2003, 12:14 AM

where are those darn raisins? well.... It's Fraz's nature. He can't help it that he's evil...lol

JOhn
05-06-2003, 12:15 AM

Paperwork? Taxes were due a month ago.

Must be for that guy nurse degree.:rolleyes: :D

I wish :huh:

Still working on some BS courses at the moment. Should start the actual RN program in the fall.

PastorMikH
05-06-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by go bo

i didn't pay attention and the next thing i knew i was a happy 54 year old that weighed 380!!

down to 350 now

Bo, THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Keep it up man!

Congrats :thumb:

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:16 AM
20-30 minutes a day (3 or 4 times a week) on a bike or treadmill will work wonders. You just have to get that heart rate up to a certain point... and keep it there for a certain amount of time.

My mistake was that I'd bust my ass for a week or two... then decide it wasn't worth it and quit. I was tryin' to do too much too fast.

The walks are a great idea. As long as you're doing somewhat more than your body's used to... you're gonna make progress. Just don't get in a big hurry... you'll burn out. you have a weight problem???

nooooooooo way! you're waaaay too young for that!

plus you've got kids to keep you runnin' & now a lady friend to keep you.... well, in better shape... ;)

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:17 AM

Bo, THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Keep it up man!

Congrats :thumb: yeah, 30 pounds in about 6 months...

not bad for an old fart that can't even exercise... :)

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:20 AM
well.... It's Fraz's nature. He can't help it that he's evil...lol i thought logical was the evil mastermind...

how many evil-doers do we have around here anyway?

oh-o, "evil-doers"...

watch out! the special ops guys will probably be showing up soon...

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:22 AM

I wish :huh:

Still working on some BS courses at the moment. Should start the actual RN program in the fall. what? you take courses to learn about bs???

i thought you were pretty good at slinging bs already...

but you feel like you need to get better?? really?? :eek:

JOhn
05-06-2003, 12:22 AM
i thought logical was the evil mastermind...

how many evil-doers do we have around here anyway?

oh-o, "evil-doers"...

watch out! the special ops guys will probably be showing up soon...

Logical is the "Evil Matermind"

Fatzod is the "Berserker"

JOhn
05-06-2003, 12:23 AM
what? you take courses to learn about bs???

i thought you were pretty good at slinging bs already...

but you feel like you need to get better?? really?? :eek:

Yea I know, but get this. They said I had to have an English class before I could get in :rolleyes:

PastorMikH
05-06-2003, 12:25 AM

Yea I know, but get this. They said I had to have an English class before I could get in :rolleyes:

Slayer just got through with a story about the perfect date - perhaps you could plagerize his work - or, you are more than welcome to use the one I wrote for him.;)

What kind of assignment is it?

KcMizzou
you have a weight problem???

nooooooooo way! you're waaaay too young for that!

plus you've got kids to keep you runnin' & now a lady friend to keep you.... well, in better shape... ;) I used to... I lost about 50 lbs 3 yrs ago... If I don't keep on top of it... I gain weight easily. Luckily I also lose it easily. I have a bit of a beer gut now, and it bugs me. That's why I said I wanna join Fraz in his "mission" If I lose 15 I'll be back to 180... which is cool with me.

go bowe

Logical is the "Evil Matermind"

Fatzod is the "Berserker" "fatzod"?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PastorMikH

Wouldn't be remedial spelling would it?:D

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:30 AM
I used to... I lost about 50 lbs 3 yrs ago... If I don't keep on top of it... I gain weight easily. Luckily I also lose it easily. I have a bit of a beer gut now, and it bugs me. That's why I said I wanna join Fraz in his "mission" If I lose 15 I'll be back to 180... which is cool with me. well, that's encouraging...

i'd like to get down another 50 or so, so i can weigh myself on my scale here at home (that only goes up to 300 pounds)... and get into that set of clothes again... i was at 280 - 290 for a long time and i have a lot of clothes that size... with my height and frame, i can carry 280 - 285 just fine...

JOhn

Wouldn't be remedial spelling would it?:D

Yea, but how medical charts have you read that were even legible?

go bowe

Wouldn't be remedial spelling would it?:D i think i need a remedial typing course!!

Dinny Blues
OK, Fraz.
I think I will "weigh in" on this one. I think there has been some very logical and sage advice, as well as some incredibly funny stuff thrown your way. I have read this entire thread, and judging from your original post, you seem to be quite serious about this. I have a very extreme solution to your plight that I guarantee will work for you, or anyone that wishes to lose weight, but is not for everyone. It is a simple three step plan. Extreme, simple, not for everyone, guaranteed results.

Step 1. Acquire any musical instrument you choose.

Step 2. Learn to operate said musical instrument at a level say, oh, somewhere close to proficient, but not entirely.

Step 3. Quit your day job, and rely solely on income gained from step 2.

You will be thin.
I know this sounds like BS, but all the logical advice has been taken, and I am a poster boy for results of this plan. If you have the seeds, this will work.
Graduated high school in '76 at 145. Pushin' the hell out of 155 as I'm typing this.

BS?

Got seeds? :p

Dinny

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:31 AM

Yea, but how medical charts have you read that were even legiable? very, very few... (legible)

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Dinny Blues
OK, Fraz.
I think I will "weigh in" on this one. I think there has been some very logical and sage advice, as well as some incredibly funny stuff thrown your way. I have read this entire thread, and judging from your original post, you seem to be quite serious about this. I have a very extreme solution to your plight that I guarantee will work for you, or anyone that wishes to lose weight, but is not for everyone. It is a simple three step plan. Extreme, simple, not for everyone, guaranteed results.

Step 1. Acquire any musical instrument you choose.

Step 2. Learn to operate said musical instrument at a level say, oh, somewhere close to proficient, but not entirely.

Step 3. Quit your day job, and rely solely on income gained from step 2.

You will be thin.
I know this sounds like BS, but all the logical advice has been taken, and I am a poster boy for results of this plan. If you have the seeds, this will work.
Graduated high school in '76 at 145. Pushin' the hell out of 155 as I'm typing this.

BS?

Got seeds? :p

Dinny ahhhhh... the voice of experience... :toast:

JOhn
05-06-2003, 12:34 AM
very, very few... (legible) nlm

Phobia
05-06-2003, 12:40 AM
[Denise rant]All of you nasty Americans with your weight problems, expensive gasoline, and smoking cessation schemes.... you have no clue what problems are. Do you think Ali Ismail Abbas is ever going to have a weight problem? NO!!! He's not. Not after what the Americans did to him. Why don't you lop off your arms and see if the scale results are satisfactory. You don't know what about problems, look around you. George W. Bush and his daddy have created worldwide problems and cashed in on it, too. Maybe a frontal lobotomy would take you from "horribly obese" to just "fat as hell". Then Bushy could get your vote in 2004, too.[/Denise rant]

Chiefs Pantalones
05-06-2003, 12:43 AM
[Denise rant]All of you nasty Americans with your weight problems, expensive gasoline, and smoking cessation schemes.... you have no clue what problems are. Do you think Ali Ismail Abbas is ever going to have a weight problem? NO!!! He's not. Not after what the Americans did to him. Why don't you lop off your arms and see if the scale results are satisfactory. You don't know what about problems, look around you. George W. Bush and his daddy have created worldwide problems and cashed in on it, too. Maybe a frontal lobotomy would take you from "horribly obese" to just "fat as hell". Then Bushy could get your vote in 2004, too.[/Denise rant]

Isn't Denise American?

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:46 AM
nlm are we counting?

or [insert childish comeback]?

hey, how's things out in tourista land?

you're lucky you don't have to deal with this tornado crap any more... didn't come close to my house, but it has disrupted lots of things in the metro area, caused lots of damage and killed a bunch of people... bad stuff...

one tornado hopped and skipped just over a hill from where my son was working at one of the casinos... too close... had me worried big time...

keep up the good work with the school thing... education is a priceless asset that nobody can ever take away and you can't lose, etc. but you know that already...

how many years will you have to go full time to get your rn?

my wife got an r.c.n. in new zealand but she didn't have any college to go with it so she's only an lpn here, but does rn work at the nursing home and has rn's that work for her on the wing...

i try to get her to think about school, but she says at 49, she's too old to screw around with school and she likes her job, so why bother? and she's stubborn, so she probably won't be going back to school in my lifetime...

KcMizzou
05-06-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Cody

Isn't Denise American? uh.. kind of. :huh:

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:50 AM
[Denise rant]All of you nasty Americans with your weight problems, expensive gasoline, and smoking cessation schemes.... you have no clue what problems are. Do you think Ali Ismail Abbas is ever going to have a weight problem? NO!!! He's not. Not after what the Americans did to him. Why don't you lop off your arms and see if the scale results are satisfactory. You don't know what about problems, look around you. George W. Bush and his daddy have created worldwide problems and cashed in on it, too. Maybe a frontal lobotomy would take you from "horribly obese" to just "fat as hell". Then Bushy could get your vote in 2004, too.[/Denise rant] not bad, except for the part about gasoline... isn't the beef that it's cheap because we exploit the arabs, etc. and because we consume all the world's natural resources because we're gluttonous pigs, etc.?

otherwise, pretty good denise imitation... :toast:

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:50 AM
uh.. kind of. :huh: depends on what "is" is...

Phobia
05-06-2003, 12:52 AM
not bad, except for the part about gasoline... isn't the beef that it's cheap because we exploit the arabs, etc. and because we consume all the world's natural resources because we're gluttonous pigs, etc.?

otherwise, pretty good denise imitation... :toast:

[Denise spin] No, that's not what I was trying to say at all. I was just saying that it's hard to lose weight in America. Everywhere you look, tax evading corporations are force feeding fast food down your gluttonous throat. Can you not read? You're just piling on me because it's fashionable. :rolleyes:[/Denise spin]

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:52 AM
uh.. kind of. :huh: hey, how's things with the lady friend?

good, i hope...

you deserve some rewarding relationship time... being a single dad is tough and very demanding... it's good to be getting something for "b"... :toast:

go bowe
05-06-2003, 12:53 AM

[Denise spin] No, that's not what I was trying to say at all. I was just saying that it's hard to lose weight in America. Everywhere you look, tax evading corporations are force feeding fast food down your gluttonous throat. Can you not read? You're just piling on me because it's fashionable.[/Denise spin] :toast: :LOL: ROFL

uh..., er... where's :rolleyes: ?

JOhn
05-06-2003, 12:54 AM
are we counting?

or [insert childish comeback]?

hey, how's things out in tourista land?

you're lucky you don't have to deal with this tornado crap any more... didn't come close to my house, but it has disrupted lots of things in the metro area, caused lots of damage and killed a bunch of people... bad stuff...

one tornado hopped and skipped just over a hill from where my son was working at one of the casinos... too close... had me worried big time...

keep up the good work with the school thing... education is a priceless asset that nobody can ever take away and you can't lose, etc. but you know that already...

how many years will you have to go full time to get your rn?

my wife got an r.c.n. in new zealand but she didn't have any college to go with it so she's only an lpn here, but does rn work at the nursing home and has rn's that work for her on the wing...

i try to get her to think about school, but she says at 49, she's too old to screw around with school and she likes her job, so why bother? and she's stubborn, so she probably won't be going back to school in my lifetime...

Tourist season is upon us, camp grounds are all open. But still kinda cool, actually had snow in the Mts today, sleet here in town.Trust me I don't miss the tornado's at all. But all our family is down there. My oldest daughter who lives with the erx, was pretty close to the one that hit parkville. but there ok.

The RN program is 2 years, associate degree, but with my previous college I should be able to get my BS, through distantce learning from the Univ of WY. I all ready have 30 credit hours from my Paramedic training. I worked there in KC for 12 years before getting burned out on it. But decieded that I miss medicine so here i go again.

Phobia
05-06-2003, 12:56 AM
:toast: :LOL: ROFL

uh..., er... where's :rolleyes: ?

It's there now. Please review the edits.

JOhn
05-06-2003, 01:00 AM

It's there now. Please review the edits.

not enough :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KcMizzou
05-06-2003, 01:02 AM
hey, how's things with the lady friend?

good, i hope...

you deserve some rewarding relationship time... being a single dad is tough and very demanding... it's good to be getting something for "b"... :toast: heh... frankly... it depends on the night you ask. ;) Shitty last night... better tonight. You know how those things go....

go bowe
05-06-2003, 01:10 AM

Tourist season is upon us, camp grounds are all open. But still kinda cool, actually had snow in the Mts today, sleet here in town.Trust me I don't miss the tornado's at all. But all our family is down there. My oldest daughter who lives with the erx, was pretty close to the one that hit parkville. but there ok.

The RN program is 2 years, associate degree, but with my previous college I should be able to get my BS, through distantce learning from the Univ of WY. I all ready have 30 credit hours from my Paramedic training. I worked there in KC for 12 years before getting burned out on it. But decieded that I miss medicine so here i go again. good, a bachelor's degree with your r.n. opens up lots of doors in the medical field and in related fields if you get tired of patient care later on... you're doing a good thing for yourself and your family... remember that this fall when the strain of school, work, and family gets to you... i've been there, done that (altho long ago), so i know how tough that can be at times... but you'll do fine! :toast:

go bowe
05-06-2003, 01:11 AM
heh... frankly... it depends on the night you ask. ;) Shitty last night... better tonight. You know how those things go.... absolutely... if everything was roses, we wouldn't appreciate their beauty, would we?

KcMizzou
05-06-2003, 01:12 AM
absolutely... if everything was roses, we wouldn't appreciate their beauty, would we? true enough :toast:

go bowe
05-06-2003, 01:13 AM

It's there now. Please review the edits. unh-uh... :shake: :shake: :shake:

you missed the original rant! :spank: :p :D

go bowe
05-06-2003, 01:14 AM
true enough :toast: look, u kids have fun...

i gotta take my tired old ass to bed...

see ya all tommorrow! :toast:

Taco John
05-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Good luck Fraz. I started my diet on January 1. Since then, I lost 30 lbs. If you're looking at losing 60, be prepared for the long haul. It's going to take a mindset change, but you can do it. After about a month of eating healthy, greasy foods become less appetizing... after a couple of months, you actually get queasy from all of the toxins in that bad stuff...

I drank 3 sodas all year long... I'm actually pretty proud of that fact. I imagine I'll make it the year without drinking more than 6-9 of 'em.

I lost my weight through watching calories... Check out this site if you're looking for some help with that: http://fitday.com

I'll be happy to give pointers on what helped me... Also, I'm sure there'll be plenty of Atkins geeks who will be happy to help you become an Atkins moonie too... ;) Either way, keep at it... You'll find something that works for you...

PastorMikH
05-06-2003, 01:18 AM
good, a bachelor's degree with your r.n. opens up lots of doors

Especially in acting. I personally think jOn would make a better Nurse Faulker than Ben Stiller did.:)

Earthling
05-06-2003, 01:58 AM
Good luck.. I'm thinking you're bucking the 'natural state of man' so this endevor will be doubley hard...I keep tryin' to convince myself to do the same thing, but haven't worked up enough gumption yet...Damn, that reminds me...I'm hungry ...!!

KcMizzou
05-06-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Old Codger
.Damn, that reminds me...I'm hungry ...!! me too... shuddup!

Earthling
05-06-2003, 02:07 AM
I wish my wife was awake so she could make me a sandwich...Damn, I'm hungry...;)

KcMizzou
05-06-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Old Codger
I wish my wife was awake so she could make me a sandwich...Damn, I'm hungry...;) heh.. If I depended on my gf's to feed me I'd be a skinny sombitch.

Gaz
05-06-2003, 06:24 AM
Good luck, frazod.

FWIW, here is what I have been doing:

Atkins [restricted carbohydrates] changed the way I eat. Aerobics [jogging or exercise tape] for the heart. Resistance training [weights] to build muscle.

Atkins is not for everybody. Mrs. Gaz could not stay on it because the increase in fat upset her stomach. She does The Zone. Make sure you pick something you can do for a long time [which is why I chose Atkins and carbohydrate restriction].

If you want any “how was it for you” stuff on either Atkins or The Zone, feel free to smoke me.

xoxo~
Gaz
Trying to evaporate himself.

KC Jones
05-06-2003, 07:19 AM
Good Luck you FAT BASTARD!

from another FAT BASTARD that started his program on Sunday :D

In the past I had some success trimming pounds with Body For Life and the Atkins diet. Where I screw up is reverting to old habits. Here's to making it stick :toast:

KC Jones, weighing in at a very light 290 lbs.

Mile High Mania
05-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Every time I open this thread, I hear the Twisted Sister tune.

Good luck with all of that. Screw the gimmicks and pills, you just have to be dedicated and cut out the crap while stepping up your exercise.

It doesn't have to be hard core.

I'm currently back up to my highest weight - 218 (I'm about 6'2). Nothing major, just the buddah belly and a round face.

About 4 years ago I went from 218 to 198 in about 3-4 months. All I did was quit eating after 6:30-7pm. As well, I started drinking a LOT of water. I cut out snacking throughout the day and eliminated junkfood. But, my actual meals were still loaded with fat and calories and I still enjoyed many beers.

I'm guessing it's time to go that route again ... I don't exactly want to be the fat dad at the pool now that I have the little one. ;)

So far - I've been pounding the water for the last 2 weeks, probably five 16 oz bottles a day. And, I don't snack during the day. I already feel less bloated and the belt isn't as tight.

Chief Faithful
05-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Thanks for sharing your story Frazod. You are asking for encouragement, but by telling your story you are providing encouragement for others.

I started Atkins two weeks ago. I grew up in a family that loves to eat so being over weight is considered normal. That is why I'm doing Atkins because I need to learn a whole new way of eating with new recipes and habits.

I started at 242 with a goal of 172 (highschool weight) and to this point I am 7lbs closer to that goal. I exercise every other day with a 2 mile run and some push ups. I drink plenty of water, stay away from sugar and stopped drinking caffeine to stabalize my blood sugar which will help control cravings.

The encouraging part is although I have only lost 7lbs my cloths now fit comfortably. It is a much nicer experience going through my closet deciding what I want to wear based on what looks nice instead of what feels the least tight.

I have been going to Web sites like epicurious.com and fabulousfoods.com to learn new recipes using the foods and techniques I have been learning from Atkins. So far it is not hard and I have been enjoying the new tastes.

I figure I will have to stay vigilant with the new way of eating for 6 months before I truly establish a new way of eating for life. At least I am to a point that I can walk past a candy machine without desiring a Snickers. It is a whole new kind of freedom.

Mile High Mania
05-06-2003, 07:33 AM
I really admire those of you that stick to plans like the Atkins. I tried it once - how could you go wrong with the meats and bacon?

But, it was the "no cokes and no bread" that broke me. I must have my daily coffee and soda... And, living in Texas, there's no way in hell I could go without tortillas or chips.

Bwana
05-06-2003, 08:25 AM
Good luck in your quest for less!

http://itsb.ucsf.edu/~vcr/APBastardLaugh.gif

Pennywise
05-06-2003, 08:39 AM
A diet is gonna decrease your chances to get a Jumbo Queen. (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_776240.html)

JOhn
05-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Tim, If ya do this right you could get your own SUBWAY commercial ROFL

KC Kings
05-06-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Mile High Mania
Every time I open this thread, I hear the Twisted Sister tune.

Good luck with all of that. Screw the gimmicks and pills, you just have to be dedicated and cut out the crap while stepping up your exercise.

It doesn't have to be hard core.

I'm currently back up to my highest weight - 218 (I'm about 6'2). Nothing major, just the buddah belly and a round face.

About 4 years ago I went from 218 to 198 in about 3-4 months. All I did was quit eating after 6:30-7pm. As well, I started drinking a LOT of water. I cut out snacking throughout the day and eliminated junkfood. But, my actual meals were still loaded with fat and calories and I still enjoyed many beers.

I'm guessing it's time to go that route again ... I don't exactly want to be the fat dad at the pool now that I have the little one. ;)

So far - I've been pounding the water for the last 2 weeks, probably five 16 oz bottles a day. And, I don't snack during the day. I already feel less bloated and the belt isn't as tight.

All that chit is good, and neccessary, but why practice a good diet for 6 months to lose 25 pounds? If you weigh 250, go to your doctor, get some phentermine, practive a good diet and you will lose 30 in 2 months and the rapid weight loss will give you more energy so you can excersise more and lose more after you quit taking the legal crack.

I was 240 when I got out of the Navy, and body fat wise was still within standards. Barely within, but within. I went to join the reserves after 9-11, and had ballooned to , as the recruiter said, "a big mac over 300". Lost a few here and there, and last December was at 290. Got the phentermine and lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks, am now able to eat salads for lunch and normal dinner, am able to run 3 miles several times a week, and am back down in the 240's.

Excersice and a good diet is neccessary, but why pass up a safe, legal drug that will speed up the process?

The Rick
05-06-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Psicosis
Unlike <a href="http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52045" target="_blank">The Rick</a>... ROFL

At least I got something out of it from the wife... :hump:

ROYC75
05-06-2003, 10:58 AM
OK Fatzod......... " You can do it ! "

After our last 37 Forever meeting, I went on a binge and was eating and drink sodas like a fish in the water, anything and everything. I shot up to 305 right after January ! :eek:

I was pissed off at myself ....... from high school @ 185 in 1975 to now... Jan. 2003 @ 305 !:grr:

I have since willed myself to lose, cutting down how much I eat, when I eat, ( nothing after 7:00 pm each night ) to just 2 meals per day. I take a good amount of viamins each day ............RESULTS SO FAR !!!!!!!!

I'm down to 273# as of today, 5/06/03 ....... :toast:

My goal is to reach 235 and be happy !:D

Mark M
05-06-2003, 11:26 AM
You know, I had about 20 jokes I was going to post, but instead, I think I'll just say good luck.

And remember: There are no miracle pills or sure-fire ways to lose weight. Just eat right and exercise ...

of course, having a genetic pre-disposition to being thin also helps.

MM
~~:)

Phobia
05-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Mark M
of course, having a genetic pre-disposition to being thin also helps.

Yeah, WTF do you know, anyway. Besides, I'd call your "genetic pre-disposition" more accurately a "genetic disorder". :grr: :D

Mark M
05-06-2003, 11:45 AM

Yeah, WTF do you know, anyway. Besides, I'd call your "genetic pre-disposition" more accurately a "genetic disorder". :grr: :D
ROFL

To-MAY-to ... to-MAH-to ...

Yeah, when it comes to diet advice, I'm not much help. Although I have put on 10 pounds in the last 4 months (up to a whopping 155). And I'm quitting smoking soon, which usually causes weight gain as well.

But I'll be cutting out beer, which should balance everything out

MM
~~:sulk:

Phobia
05-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Although I have put on 10 pounds in the last 4 months (up to a whopping 155). And I'm quitting smoking soon, which usually causes weight gain as well.

But I'll be cutting out beer, which should balance everything out

About what day will they be dropping you at the morgue? Jeesh.

Mark M
05-06-2003, 11:52 AM

About what day will they be dropping you at the morgue? Jeesh.

June 11th, the day of my surgery.

Dr. won't operate if I don't stop smoking, and there's no way in hell I can have a beer without a smoke.

Good thing I like porn, otherwise I'd have no vices at all ...

MM
~~:D

Phobia
05-06-2003, 11:55 AM

June 11th, the day of my surgery.

Dude, I guess I didn't know you were going under the knife. I may have thought twice about the morgue comment. WTF are you going in for? Best of luck with all that. Jeesh.

ROYC75
05-06-2003, 12:00 PM

Dude, I guess I didn't know you were going under the knife. I may have thought twice about the morgue comment. WTF are you going in for? Best of luck with all that. Jeesh.

What goes mark ? Wasn't aware either !:sulk:

Mark M
05-06-2003, 12:03 PM
I'll send smoke signals, fellas. No need to hijack the thread (even though I'm really, really good at that).

MM
~~:D

Coogs
05-06-2003, 01:30 PM
OK, I guess I'll join in the battle of the bulge crowd. With all you other guys dropping pounds left and right, I'm feeling kind of guilty about standing pat. I stand at right under 6-2, and weigh about 218, give or take a pound or two.

Most of my excess weight packs on around my midsection, and it has been a few years since I have been able to look down and see my, uhhhh.... feet... without sucking in the ol' tummy a bit!;)

I'm going to shoot for sheading about 30 pounds to in the 185-190 range. Don't mind telling you it is going to be tough! I like to eat, and I love pop!

ROYC75
05-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Coogs
OK, I guess I'll join in the battle of the bulge crowd. With all you other guys dropping pounds left and right, I'm feeling kind of guilty about standing pat. I stand at right under 6-2, and weigh about 218, give or take a pound or two.

Most of my excess weight packs on around my midsection, and it has been a few years since I have been able to look down and see my, uhhhh.... feet... without sucking in the ol' tummy a bit!;)

I'm going to shoot for sheading about 30 pounds to in the 185-190 range. Don't mind telling you it is going to be tough! I like to eat, and I love pop!

I've lost 32 # since I started, but the pop was the biggest factor in my weight loss, plus the fact I haven't been eating after 7:00 pm, along with basically skipping breakfast.........

Since I work at home I have been a water freak, ice water all day.
The wife will fix a brunch around 10:00 am and I try to hold out till 5:30 or 6:00 to eat again. Forcing yourself to not pig out is the toughest , along with cutting out the pop, ice cream, cakes, desserts , etc . :grr:

If I drink a soda, it's just one drink........ plus the fact that I have been more active is getting good results.

We have just given our yard a major landscaping shot in the arm....... done it all ourselves, no outside help. Sh*t, come to think of it,I did 80 % of it myself. ( Kids, never help ya when you want them too !)

Also do somekind of small workout after your evening meal.......

No diet here........ just will power !

( But the sodas, ice cream, desserts are still a tempting little thorn in my side , err gut ! )

Coogs
05-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ROYC75

I've lost 32 # since I started, but the pop was the biggest factor in my weight loss, plus the fact I haven't been eating after 7:00 pm, along with basically skipping breakfast.........

Since I work at home I have been a water freak, ice water all day.
The wife will fix a brunch around 10:00 am and I try to hold out till 5:30 or 6:00 to eat again. Forcing yourself to not pig out is the toughest , along with cutting out the pop, ice cream, cakes, desserts , etc . :grr:

If I drink a soda, it's just one drink........ plus the fact that I have been more active is getting good results.

We have just given our yard a major landscaping shot in the arm....... done it all ourselves, no outside help. Sh*t, come to think of it,I did 80 % of it myself. ( Kids, never help ya when you want them too !)

Also do somekind of small workout after your evening meal.......

No diet here........ just will power !

( But the sodas, ice cream, desserts are still a tempting little thorn in my side , err gut ! )

I just moved over the Christmas season. Live out on a farm now, and have about 4 acres to mow. I was thinking about getting a riding mower, as I have only a push mower. I think I will stay with the push mower, and mow for a couple of hours a day each day this summer.

I'm going to try and limit the pop intake, and I'll take your advice on meals. Nothing after 7 PM!

If all the rest of you guys can do this, I can too!:toast:

Coogs
05-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Roy,

On a side note, how is your wife doing?

ROYC75
05-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Roy,

On a side note, how is your wife doing?

Kinda like watching ice melt, you can see the decline in her health !

Coogs
05-06-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ROYC75
Kinda like watching ice melt, you can see the decline in her health !

I kind of know what you are going through. Watched cancer claim my mother. My heart goes out to you and your family!

Frazod
05-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Day two is in the books, and I'M STILL A FAT BASTARD.

But, I'm behaving myself. Taking my littany of diet/vitamin pills, eating right (slim fast bar for breakfast, salad for lunch, slim fast bar and lean cuisine for dinner), and between walking to/from the office and my evening stroll, walked over 4 miles.

I'm pretty tired, but not hungry like I was last night.

Still early, but things going good so far! :thumb:

chief52
05-06-2003, 08:12 PM

But, I'm behaving myself. Taking my littany of diet/vitamin pills, eating right (slim fast bar for breakfast, salad for lunch, slim fast bar and lean cuisine for dinner), and between walking to/from the office and my evening stroll, walked over 4 miles.

Good for you. I ate right today as well, although I did not get any treadmill time. Got called to work about 8 last night and did not get home until 5 this morning...so I guess I have an excuse.

Tomorrow the treadmill !!!

Frazod
05-06-2003, 08:16 PM

Good for you. I ate right today as well, although I did not get any treadmill time. Got called to work about 8 last night and did not get home until 5 this morning...so I guess I have an excuse.

Tomorrow the treadmill !!!

I have a treadmill that I haven't used in years.

I prefer to walk outside (it's been beautiful up here the past couple of days), but when the weather goes to hell or later when it gets too hot, I'll definitely go to the treadmill.

Logical
05-06-2003, 08:16 PM

Curious, what type of diet pills are you using? Metabolife type, Carb blockers, prescription, or others (typically diuretics).

JOhn
05-06-2003, 08:17 PM

GLad to hear it Fatzod. As my contribution I'm gonna eat your share of treats :D

Frazod
05-06-2003, 08:24 PM

GLad to hear it Fatzod. As my contribution I'm gonna eat your share of treats :D

I got a treat for you, JOhn..... :grr:

Okay, Jim, here's a run-down of my fitness dope:

Thermbutalean (weight management)
Arsenal (fat burner/energizer) - I don't start these until next week
Clen-Butrim (nightime herbal stuff for cleaning toxins out of system)
Censor (decreases body fat)
and GNC brand multi-vitamins

BTW, chiefs52, glad to hear things are going well for you, too. Keep it up! :thumb:

One strange side effect - these pills seem to be turning my piss into an almost neon-yellow color. That's kind of freaky.... :eek:

chief52
05-06-2003, 08:25 PM

I have a treadmill that I haven't used in years.

I prefer to walk outside (it's been beautiful up here the past couple of days), but when the weather goes to hell or later when it gets too hot, I'll definitely go to the treadmill.

The treadmill seems to work for me as I have to do it before work...although now would be a nice time to go for a walk. I leave the house at 6 am and never know for sure what time I will be home. It just works best if I do it in the morning and it is still dark then. I will turn on the Big Sexy on the computer as I do my treadmill and I will be chuck full of knowledge!

Brock
05-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Good luck. Somebody as tightly wound as you are needs all the help he can get.;)

Seriously, you'll be surprised at how quickly 20 or 30 pounds comes off. The supplements are all well and good, but it's a simple equation. Calories intake vs. calories burnt. And drink a shitload of water.

Logical

Hmm interesting,

After about the slowest weight loss anyone can imagine I have just reached your weight at the same height. I was actually feeling pretty satisified about it since I weigh less now than I have at any time since I was a freshman in college. I had planned to continue though. I peaked out at around 285 or so back in 1993/94 so long ago I cannot even recall. I have slowly (and I do mean slowly) progressed downward to the current 215-225 fluctuating range. Now 70 pounds over 9 years works out to about 8 pounds a year so I guess you could say I modified my lifestyle but not drastically. Lately I have been fighting with the doctor because of the bout with severe anemia that put me in the hospital just prior to Christmas. I want to continue losing weight but the Doctor is actually trying to convince me that in my case it may not be the heathiest of choices.:eek: Hearing a doctor tell you that is like taking a trip to bizarro world.

I really do not know what I will do and have not made a decision yet. Life takes some strange turns.:huh:

chief52

I got a treat for you, JOhn..... :grr:

Okay, Jim, here's a run-down of my fitness dope:

Thermbutalean (weight management)
Arsenal (fat burner/energizer) - I don't start these until next week
Clen-Butrim (nightime herbal stuff for cleaning toxins out of system)
Censor (decreases body fat)
and GNC brand multi-vitamins

BTW, chiefs52, glad to hear things are going well for you, too. Keep it up! :thumb:

One strange side effect - these pills seem to be turning my piss into an almost neon-yellow color. That's kind of freaky.... :eek:

Fraz;

Are you drinking lots of water? Gotta drink lots of water from all I have been told.

Frazod
05-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Brock Landers
Good luck. Somebody as tightly wound as you are needs all the help he can get.;)

Seriously, you'll be surprised at how quickly 20 or 30 pounds comes off. The supplements are all well and good, but it's a simple equation. Calories intake vs. calories burnt. And drink a shitload of water.

I've been drinking a shitload of water, which is something I've never done. I tend to only drink something when I'm thirsty, so drinking mass amounts of water just to do it is thus far weird and a bit annoying. But it seems to be one of the easier things about this ordeal, so I'll keep it up.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Keep up the good work Fraz, Chief52, etc.:toast:

ck_IN
05-06-2003, 08:32 PM
But Fraz, if you lose all that weight where will the drive in show it's summer movies? Now that your ass will no longer be big enough that is.ROFL

chief52
05-06-2003, 08:33 PM

I've been drinking a shitload of water, which is something I've never done. I tend to only drink something when I'm thirsty, so drinking mass amounts of water just to do it is thus far weird and a bit annoying. But it seems to be one of the easier things about this ordeal, so I'll keep it up.

I have done the water thing before. Trust me, it will get easier. I work outside in the heat...although not muggy stuff like the mid west...and I can tell you, you feel much better in the heat of the afternoon if you have consumed a lot of water in the morning. It really does make a difference.

Frazod
05-06-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by ck_IN
But Fraz, if you lose all that weight where will the drive in show it's summer movies? Now that your ass will no longer be big enough that is.ROFL

nlm

JOhn
05-06-2003, 08:34 PM

:

You do kow that the doctor can give you a shot to take care of that, and, well that nasty drip too. Btw is it still burning? :D

stevieray
05-06-2003, 08:35 PM
If Fraz can do it...Ryan Sims better damn well be able to.

Fraz or Ryan.....who will be in shape opening day?

Frazod
05-06-2003, 08:35 PM

I have done the water thing before. Trust me, it will get easier. I work outside in the heat...although not muggy stuff like the mid west...and I can tell you, you feel much better in the heat of the afternoon if you have consumed a lot of water in the morning. It really does make a difference.

I have a desk job, so I don't have the urge to drink lots of water. But I'm adjusting to doing it. Lots more trips to the john, that's for sure. :D

Logical
05-06-2003, 08:36 PM

Tim are you spacing all those pills/vitamins out. Sounds like you might be overloading your bodies ability to absorb all the items you are taking and your kidneys are flushing through what they cannot process. Though a change in color would not be unusual, change as you describe sounds like the symptom I have described.

It should not hurt you but you are losing some of the effectiveness if my belief is correct.

Frazod
05-06-2003, 08:40 PM

Tim are you spacing all those pills/vitamins out. Sounds like you might be overloading your bodies ability to absorb all the items you are taking and your kidneys are flushing through what they cannot process. Though a change in color would not be unusual, change as you describe sounds like the symptom I have described.

It should not hurt you but you are losing some of the effectiveness if my belief is correct.

I'm taking them according to the directions - first batch when I get up, second batch at lunch, then the system-cleaning pill right before I go to bed.

I don't know if this is normal or not - I didn't discuss piss color with the lady at GNC.... :D

Logical
05-06-2003, 08:47 PM

I'm taking them according to the directions - first batch when I get up, second batch at lunch, then the system-cleaning pill right before I go to bed.

I don't know if this is normal or not - I didn't discuss piss color with the lady at GNC.... :D

She actually said taking them all simultaneously. First I would question the likelihood that she has expertise. Yes you should take them spaced out but to take them all at once would seeming reduce their overall effectiveness. The absorption ability of the body is not unlimited. Your choice but I might consult someone else just to be sure. The one thing I am sure of is that all of that is not inexpensive and if you are pi$$ing away something you could be absorbing that is not a great situation.

Good luck.

P.S. As little spacing as 10 to 15 minutes apart would mean a big difference in what could be processed. Perhaps taking them simultaneously has a compound effect but I highly doubt it.

ck_IN
05-06-2003, 08:50 PM
<i>I don't know if this is normal or not - I didn't discuss piss color with the lady at GNC....</i>

Aww why not? You might even give her a demonstration. I'm sure she'd be fascinated.

*poking fat bears with sticks*

Frazod
05-06-2003, 08:51 PM

She actually said taking them all simultaneously. First I would question the likelihood that she has expertise. Yes you should take them spaced out but to take them all at once would seeming reduce their overall effectiveness. The absorption ability of the body is not unlimited. Your choice but I might consult someone else just to be sure. The one thing I am sure of is that all of that is not inexpensive and if you are pi$$ing away something you could be absorbing that is not a great situation.

Good luck.

P.S. As little spacing as 10 to 15 minutes apart would mean a big difference in what could be processed. Perhaps taking them simultaneously has a compound effect but I highly doubt it.

Perhaps. The thing is, I'm supposed to take them with food or right after eating. I don't have time to space meals out that much.

Brock
05-06-2003, 08:51 PM
The one thing I am sure of is that all of that is not inexpensive and if you are pi$$ing away something you could be absorbing that is not a great situation.

Most supplements are pissed away anyway. The only supplement that does anything for you, IMO, is creatine.

Logical
05-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ck_IN
<i>I don't know if this is normal or not - I didn't discuss piss color with the lady at GNC....</i>

Aww why not? You might even give her a demonstration. I'm sure she'd be fascinated.

*poking fat bears with sticks*

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Logical
05-06-2003, 08:53 PM

Most supplements are pissed away anyway. The only supplement that does anything for you, IMO, is creatine.

Unfortunately true.

Frazod
05-06-2003, 08:55 PM

What is creatine?

Logical
05-06-2003, 08:56 PM

Perhaps. The thing is, I'm supposed to take them with food or right after eating. I don't have time to space meals out that much.

Tim, totally up to you but taking one type 15 minutes before, one during and one after nets the same result as far as avoiding the upset stomach and mixing it with food that is getting digested.

Again your call routines are tough enough without complicating them and I understand that.

ck_IN
05-06-2003, 08:57 PM
<i>What is creatine?</i>

That's the stuff that cakes the chimney and causes fires if you don't sweep it every so often. :)

Frazod
05-06-2003, 08:57 PM

Tim, totally up to you but taking one type 15 minutes before, one during and one after nets the same result as far as avoiding the upset stomach and mixing it with food that is getting digested.

Again your call routines are tough enough without complicating them and I understand that.

I think I'll try that.

Brock
05-06-2003, 08:58 PM

What is creatine?

Read all about it. (http://www.bla.net/opul/crfaq.htm)

ck_IN
05-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Now that I've annoyed you enough, good luck on the weight loss. Keep us posted.

BTW: What ever happened with Gaz's weight loss?

Logical
05-06-2003, 09:00 PM

What is creatine?

A supplement that is supposed to let you lose weight while increasing muscle mass. Widely used by athletes at least when it is not banned.

Frazod
05-06-2003, 09:03 PM

A supplement that is supposed to let you lose weight while increasing muscle mass. Widely used by athletes at least when it is not banned.

Oh. Hadn't heard of that one.

whoman69
05-06-2003, 09:04 PM
OK, I'll help with the motivation. You're so fat, your chair called in to quit. It said get your lardass off me. Sit on me again and I'll sue.

Hope that helps.o:-)

Iowanian
05-06-2003, 09:05 PM
I gained 30lbs in 6 months on Creatine. It makes you swell up alot...your body retains alot of water in the muscle which helps create a good environment for muscle growth...I used to get pissed because I was accused of being on steriods by friends from home...I wasn't....I ate alot of protein(tuna, cottage cheese, yogurt..which would be good for you) went to work, took creatine, lifted weights like a wildman...and slept...alot...the 3rd key ingredient for muscle growth.

I don't know what it would do to help you lose weight, other than when you're lifting, your muscles don't fatigue as quickly and you can do those extra 3-4 reps of heavy weight...which also helps with muscle growth.

I'm not sure if I'm still a fan after 3 years off it....I have trouble with my elbows and I think some of that is from too much muscle growth, too quickly.

You don't want creatine for your goals.

Logical
05-06-2003, 09:06 PM

Oh. Hadn't heard of that one.

One other thing it is widely know to cause stomach cramps that can be quite severe if you take large doses. I imagine Big Daddy could provide an even more extensive explanation without getting as technical as most websites. I did not vist Brock's suggested site so you might want to check it out.

Frazod
05-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Iowanian
I gained 30lbs in 6 months on Creatine. It makes you swell up alot...your body retains alot of water in the muscle which helps create a good environment for muscle growth...I used to get pissed because I was accused of being on steriods by friends from home...I wasn't....I ate alot of protein(tuna, cottage cheese, yogurt..which would be good for you) went to work, took creatine, lifted weights like a wildman...and slept...alot...the 3rd key ingredient for muscle growth.

I don't know what it would do to help you lose weight, other than when you're lifting, your muscles don't fatigue as quickly and you can do those extra 3-4 reps of heavy weight...which also helps with muscle growth.

I'm not sure if I'm still a fan after 3 years off it....I have trouble with my elbows and I think some of that is from too much muscle growth, too quickly.

You don't want creatine for your goals.

Yeah, doesn't sound like it's for me.