PDA

View Full Version : Will we look to FA?

CaptainRon
08-28-2000, 07:39 AM
There are still some quality players out there-Raymont Harris-RB released by the Patriots,Skip Hicks-could make a trade to the Skins.Also Michael Booker-CB was released by the Falcons-these are all solid players.What are your Thoughts?Do you think we should make a move?Go Chiefs!

scooter
08-28-2000, 08:04 AM
I'm satisfied at RB. Give Cloud the ball. Our RB concerns will be over.

I would like to see Gray gone and an experienced CB brought in to take pressure off Warfield/Dennis/Bartee but I don't think any are available. Booker was a 1st rnd pick who is now waived. There must be something seriously wrong with him.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see us get a vet WR. I was very surprised when Dar Dar was cut. He's experienced, plays well on ST and seems to be a tough guy (Gun loves those).

Snapper
08-28-2000, 08:12 AM
Booker is 6'2 and in his 4th tear in the NFL. Seems to me like Gun should be wanting this guy. Also what about Russel Davis from Chicago, a high Second round pick last year. This is Carls time to go Shopping!

Hoover.

Warrior5
08-28-2000, 09:12 AM
Booker has the size and speed that Gun craves. But apparently he is lacking in his ball-hawking instincts. In 4 years of limited action he has (I think) 8INTs and 21 passes defended. Apparently he is looking for a change of scenery and a fresh start.

Coogs
08-28-2000, 09:20 AM
I just scanned through the full waiver wire list this a.m., and jotted down a few names of interest.

The top four on my list were(not in any particular order amoung these four though):

Wr Danny Farmer Pit
Qb Doug Pederson Phi
Pk Todd Peterson Sea
Cb Michael Booker Atl

Others I'll note, but not good fits for KC, really:

Qb Kevin Daft Ten (an NFLE Qb who actually did well)
Rb Frank Murphy Chi (big time project)

Slim pickins really, only vet Qb is a Billy Joe, and I'm not interested.

------------------
ct
[i]'Don't think meat, just throw.'</I>

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-28-2000, 09:22 AM
I remember craving Booker in the draft several years ago.

I think (am praying) we may pickup a kicker (Peterson or Nedney).

There are plenty of WR's to choose from, check the other thread for thoughts on those....

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 08-28-2000).]

shakesthecat
08-28-2000, 09:26 AM
Pederson the QB will never get past the Browns, WR is a possibility, Holmgren not happy with Peterson kickoffs. But the most amazing thought I have read today, Ted White back on our PS. JC, there have to be at least 4 better prospects than him, Daft, Wright, Stoerner, Pulari, give me a break.