PDA

View Full Version : Still don't think preseason means anything??

Dr. Red
08-28-2000, 07:25 AM
That was about as bad a display of football that I've seen in a long time. I'm sticking with my past comments that preseason wins & losses mean naught, but the way you play means a lot. No improvement, nothing to get exicited about (offensively or defensively), lack of overall talent at skill psotions, lack of coaching know-how: This all equals a sub .500 season (6-10, IMHO) for the Chiefs.

Let's hope the Chiefs continue with their youth movement to give us some measure of hope for the future (the only thing that's keeping me from jumping out of my 1 story window).

HawkeyeChief
08-28-2000, 08:03 AM
I will settle for losing season as long as the youth movement is building something for 2-3 years out. It has been a long time since we have really had a team worth bragging about, can wait a couple of more years if the right things are being done. That would include canning Stock, Raye and Kurt s.

Coogs
08-28-2000, 09:35 AM
Everyone keeps talkin about canning the three stoges, and I'd also love to see some real coaching minds in KC. But I just have the gut feeling that when and/or if the three stoges get axed, Gun goes as well.

Not sure if this is a good thing or otherwise. I'd prefer to keep Gun on board...for now.

------------------
ct
[i]'Don't think meat, just throw.'</I>

alanm
08-28-2000, 09:53 AM
If losing Gunther is the price for dumping the Stooges, I am willing to pay it.

xoxo~
gaz
wonít be happy about it, though.<BR>

Dr. Red
08-28-2000, 09:58 AM
It's a difficult scenario to envision all 3 CO's getting canned without the HC going too. Especially a guy like Gun who may not be on the HC desirable list by many other teams.

It will most certainly depend on how the season goes as to whether any/all of them keep their jobs. Player attitude could make the difference. Too early to tell.