PDA

View Full Version : K Todd Peterson cut?

Cannibal
08-27-2000, 07:05 PM
Sign him! He was like the No 3 kicker last year!

Warrior5
08-27-2000, 09:54 PM
Wolf,

I would love to see that happen...........if Dishman was picked up that quickly, I am sure the Chiefs would have to act fast!

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-28-2000, 09:45 AM
Bringing this one to the top in hopes of it actually happening today. Him or Nedney would be an improvement over a non-tackling, no-leg Stoy!

Warrior5
08-28-2000, 10:01 AM
I don't suppose anybody has heard any rumours of this happening. I heard Carolina are going to look at Peterson......the Chiefs would have to act fast.

Devin Vierth
08-28-2000, 10:02 AM
Would it be an advantage to sign someone from within the division for the revenge factor that player may have. We all know it would be an advantage because of knowing the system.

------------------
bk

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-28-2000, 10:02 AM
Carolina certainly needs to look at somebody since their K is on IR...

Warrior5
08-28-2000, 10:04 AM
Phil,

I think they'd already signed a replacement, but the name isn't coming to me. He's not as good as Peterson anyway, whoever it is so they may upgrade further.

Devin Vierth
08-28-2000, 10:08 AM
Would it be an advantage to sign someone from within the division for the revenge factor that player may have. We all know it would be an advantage because of knowing the system.

------------------
bk

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-28-2000, 10:09 AM
Cormac,

It looks like they signed Richie Cunningham.

Warrior5
08-28-2000, 10:11 AM
That was who I had in mind, but I couldn't remember for sure. Peterson would certainly be better........the Chiefs better look into it if they are interested. Peterson kicks off too doesn't he? Couldn't hurt to have the extra option.

Dr. Red
08-28-2000, 10:22 AM
Has Gun voiced his displeasure of Stoyo?

I haven't heard anything. I would love to see Stoyo challenged, but I can't see this happening right now.

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-28-2000, 10:26 AM
Gun hasn't publically voiced displeasure in Stoyo but I can't blame him for not doing so. If another option doesn't come along, you run the risk of demoralizing your current kicker and affecting his confidence. I'm confident we'll see one of these available, 1st echelon kickers signed!

DaKCMan AP
08-28-2000, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know why he was released? Where is Joe Seahawk when you actually want a seahawk fan?

------------------
"Thanks for being a part of my life!!! I never knew what evil was before this!"

KCTitus
08-28-2000, 10:30 AM
I was watching WGN last night. They were real high on the kicker they had to relaese. His name was Jaret Holmes. They said both of the kickers they had were very accurate and it was a very difficult decision.

Isn't it kind of funny that one of the best decisions the Bears made was the botching of the Cardianals Defensive Cordinator becoming head coach? Bears are on the move forward. I'm not sure about us.

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-28-2000, 10:31 AM
The seahawks have the rookie Kris Heppner, whom apparently beat him out.... I think Peterson's cap # was quite high and we all know Holmgren is eliminating high priced veterans. I think it's a mistake but if Heppner is performing close to Peterson, I guess it's not bad.

Dr. Red
08-28-2000, 10:34 AM
Morph -
They went with a rookie from Montana - Kris Heppner. Apparently, Seattle did this in part to save some room on salary cap. Hard to believe your kicker can strap you that bad.