View Full Version : We may be looking for a vet Wr, but...

08-28-2000, 08:48 AM
Rookie Wr Danny Farmer from UCLA(tah-dah!) was released by Pittsburgh.

Also, Yatil Green(he of back to back ACL injuries) from the Jets(and Miami), and Charlie Jones from San Diego.

Any takers?

[i]'Don't think meat, just throw.'</I>

Fat Homer
08-28-2000, 08:49 AM
I like Farmer -- BIG WR (6'4", 200+)

08-28-2000, 08:54 AM
Certainly fits the Gun mold here.

Just don't know if we're willing to pick up another rookie Wr, when what we really may need is a veteran influence.

08-28-2000, 09:02 AM
Green is certainly talented. Wonder if he'd be interested in a minimum salary? Farmer is BIG & desirable, however, there is that young thing.... Plus, UCLA WR's nearly always flop. That's one example of a system making the player.

Devin Vierth
08-28-2000, 09:10 AM
Doesn't the player that make up the practice squad have to be from players that have been cut.

The team takes a chance on releasing a team by hoping the player isn't picked off of the waiver wire and then signed to the practice squad.

08-28-2000, 09:11 AM
That's correct, BK.

08-28-2000, 09:44 AM
Who has priority when claiming a player off of waivers? Is it first come, first served, or is there some kind of team ranking?

Drying out for next week

08-28-2000, 10:02 AM
Capt. Ron,

It goes worst to first.

08-28-2000, 10:47 AM
Bizarre... some one should pick Farmer up ASAP, the kid can play... Pitt was just deep at WR... that's why the selections of Burress & Farmer was puzzling...they already had a Burress clone in Malcom Johnson (6'5)... they needed a QB and passed on Pennington...
They miss Donahoe already

"Those who want respect ...... give respect"
[b]Tony Soprano</B>

08-28-2000, 10:56 AM
I'm just as puzzled as you, jq!

How they could pass on Pennington, I just can't figure out. So many Wrs in that draft, they could have easily picked one up in the 2nd. Doesn't make any sense for a team w/ Kordell starting? at Qb.

Maybe Farmer is a bust in the making, but I'd like to give him a shot.

08-28-2000, 10:57 AM
After reading about Farmers size...I expect to see him in Chiefs uniform...he fits Guns ideas prefectly...young, big and I assume fast...why not...if we are going with the youth movement let's pick him up and roll the dice...better than Green with all his injuries, imo....

"Sex on television can't hurt you... unless you fall off."