PDA

View Full Version : Here's what we've waited for...

svuba
08-29-2000, 03:23 AM
This, finally, makes me happy and optomistic for the season and the future of the chiefs...

Rison released, moving over for something younger and meatier. Dishman cut, allowing Warfield his chance that we've all wondered about. Williams, at least temporarily,demoted due to lackluster play. And today, Richardson
promoted to half back over uber-useless Cloud.

The chiefs are moving decisively, and steadfastly, towards players with heart and talent. Youth. This isn't a movement, it's rebuilding. And it's looking good. Their changing, getting younger, greener, and possibly more talented than ever.

This team under Gunther is OBVIOUSLY not afraid to play youth. It's no longer afraid to take chances. It's willing to take one step back to take two forward. It's getting to be
bold, it's getting to be exciting, and it's getting better.

Weather or not we succeed, this coaching staff has moved to play the most promising players regardless of youth or inexperience. Do not discourage them now. This is what we've waited for. Hang in with them while they grow. Grow with them.

Morris, Gonzales, Tait, Riley, Woods, Warfield, Edwards, Lockett, Parker, etc.

We're moving on. Changing. Evolving. Growing and learning and moving past what we were. Hang in there untill we get where we're going.

It's what we've waited for....

j molina
08-29-2000, 03:41 AM
I don't think its fair to call Cloud useless-
this is only his second year.
Anyway, I love the idea of the Chiefs getting younger. Richardson starting at HB is great!

ColoradoChief
08-29-2000, 05:41 AM
I agree Brad. Finally some real building and not just "patching." It will be interesting to see however, if the fans and media have the patience for this. Because I believe that if we play the young players, they're probably going to make some mistakes, and cost us some games. This season could be a tough one but the future is very promising.

That doesn't mean I'm writing off this season, just willing to accept some losses in the name of development. I'm very happy about this but just wonder if KC fans are ready for it.

svuba
08-29-2000, 05:44 AM
Let's hope that most will be receptive to the growing pains associated with rebuilding...

JOhn
08-29-2000, 06:51 AM
I agree with the idea of us rebuilding, and going with the younger players. And you guys are right, the young players are going to make mistakes, its what being a rookie is about, but down the road it will pay off, with them taking them us to the Promised Land!
kcmax
seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Luzap
08-29-2000, 07:23 AM
Excellent post Brad. Too good in fact that I have nothing to include except that I concur.

------------------
IDAHO CHIEF FAN!!!

GO CHIEFS!!! it all counts now.

shakesthecat
08-29-2000, 07:52 AM
This is an absolute must, I think an 8-8 season would be huge, given our schedule, but just the chance to improve with young talent is making me optimistic for the future. A 6-10 season is probably more like it, but given the look of the future, is more than acceptable to me. This won't be a one year program either, I look for 2001 to be more of the same, but if Gunter can get rid of his assistants, and bring in some top notch ones, to mold this team, 2002 and beyond looks fantastic.

Ugly Duck
08-29-2000, 07:55 AM
A youth movement is great and a long time in coming. I am all for it and also willing to see some losses in the name of education. However, with the stooges still guiding the young players the development will be slow or even non existent. I don't have enough confidence in the stooges to properly teach and guide those who need it.

shakesthecat
08-29-2000, 08:05 AM
DJay, that is more or less what I was saying in my post. Lets just hope these idiots do not hinder the process of development. If we really stumble to 2-14 or something, it will be a moot point, because then Gunter is gone, and so will the rest of the incompetents. I facetiously posted months ago, Guns keeps a group of rookies to save his job in 2001, but will fire his stooges, this may come true.

AustinChief
08-29-2000, 08:24 AM
How did this thread turn into one on the "youth movement". The decision to start TRich over Cloud is going the opposite of a youth movement.

Cloud is 25 and has 2 years in the league.
TRich is 29 and has 6 years in the league.

This has nothing to do with the youth movement. This has to do with making us a better football team.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
[i]baked...not fried</I>