PDA

View Full Version : I find this quite funny!

Fat Homer
08-28-2000, 10:20 AM
From KCChiefs.com (http://www.kcchiefs.com)
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>In an effort to reveal as little information to the Colts as possible, Cunningham said he would close all practices this week. He said he was going to "manipulate the the roster some more and not play into (Indianapolis head coach) Jim Mora's hands.

"I don't think anybody knows outside of the head coach's and GM's offices what we're going to do."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, yeah right Gun! Anyone wanna bet against our first play being an off-tackle smash? (Cloud, up Grunny's rear for 3 yds & a cloud of dust). Followed by the same play - other side, followed by Grbac locking onto Gonzo. Sad...

Warrior5
08-28-2000, 10:38 AM
HC,

It is sad. Have you noticed how all of the talk has switched from "multiple receiver formations" and "shotgun" back to "running game is the strength of the KC Chiefs" and "play-action"? I don't expect any real surprises either. We might see some new stuff, but only after we fall behind and get desperate. And because new formations weren't practiced in the pre-season, can they be successful?

Fat Homer
08-28-2000, 10:43 AM
I've already read a statement from JR saying the 4/5-wide sets & shotgun would only be used in 'come-back situations'. What the hell is that all about? Why not use everything you've got, all the time? Do these guys really think they're great schemers? Do they really think they're ever fooling opponents? Sure, constant pounding sets up the play-action... but what has that got us? A predictable O that sometimes takes a shot - but only 1-2 per game. When the hell are we going to get a coordinator that say "Every play, we're going to score! Every play, we are going to the end-zone... be it run, pass, whatever. Scoring is the goal!"?!?! Drives me f'ing nuts

Luzap
08-28-2000, 10:47 AM
Well HC I sure don't think he would close practice for no reason. What would be the point?

I just don't understand the attitude that you have. You are so sure that you are right and it is all going to be bad. The chiefs are going to suck. They never do anything different. Bull!

Last year everyone said that Gun was too loyal, that they never play rookies, yada, yada, yada. Well every one who said that was wrong. Completely wrong.

But hey, I'm sure that your clarivoyant and can read Gun's mind.

Ya, the Chiefs suck!!!

at least wait till the first real game is played before you make these type of statements...
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

------------------
IDAHO CHIEF FAN!!!

GO CHIEFS!!! it all counts now.

Dr. Red
08-28-2000, 10:48 AM
What I have noticed from the offense this preseason is the real lack of execution. I think the retraction of going with multiple wr sets back to the more traditional smash mouth is due to player capability (or lack thereof).

When you look at ourr offensive talent at the skill positions - it's somewhat of an empty nest. QB - avg. talent, but not a playmaker. RB - serviceable backs, but no one go to guy (that's a problem, whether we want to admit it or not). WR's - hope for the future with Sly, but no one with break away speed.

No matter how you scheme it, our offense will be inept due to it's players/playmakers.

Fat Homer
08-28-2000, 10:53 AM
Excuse me Devin, where did I say the Chiefs suck?!

It's statements like "I just don't understand the attitude that you have. You are so sure that you are right and it is all going to be bad. The chiefs are going to suck. They never do anything different. Bull!" that piss people off. Watch what you say.<P>

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2000, 10:53 AM
Can I ask an honest question? Do you guys enjoy watching the games, or do you just sit around waiting for something crappy to happen, so you can piss and moan?

I don't think this honors DT. And I don't think DT's attiitude would be negative.

These are our Chiefs, good or bad.

Fat Homer
08-28-2000, 10:58 AM
Stevie - so, you propose we don't take offense to our team performing poorly? You propose we sit quietly & accept mediocrity?

No way man. I fully support the Chiefs - but I question those who make the decisions... if those decisions result in consistently poor performances. If you went to a restaraunt & they served you rotten food, wouldn't you complain?

redbrian
08-28-2000, 10:59 AM
I don't think sucking arse in the preseason honors him very well, either.

This team should've been out to crush the opponent in every game this year, from week 1 of the preseason to the Super Bowl, if necessary.

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2000, 11:05 AM
HC, People were whining all last year how bad we needed to clean house. We've done that. We have more younger players playing than ever before, that's why the complaining bothers me...Geez, everyteam has a different philosophy....If you aren't satisfied with how the Chiefs do business, why bother?There is no such thing as mistake free football. Some fans will never be satisfied...And that's weak.

Another honest question, if you were a Chief, would you play to the best of your ability? What makes you think our players don't?<P>

Dr. Red
08-28-2000, 11:07 AM
Stevie - I think people/fans are upset with the way the team is playing (almost in spite of DT's memory). They appear listless, unmotivated, and often times confused. I don't think any fan wants to see this type of thing. If you listened to Gun during camp, he was talking about focus, execution, playing with purpose - none of which has been displayed to this point.

I think the fans have a right to voice their concern, especially in a year in which we honor DT's memory.

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2000, 11:07 AM
Clint, we are trying to integrate rookies for the first time in a long time...That is more of a priority in preseason than winning.<P>

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2000, 11:09 AM
Pat, there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, but to say we are going to suck all year is a little far fetched...

Fat Homer
08-28-2000, 11:12 AM
You guys are unbelievable!! If someone questions something, you immediately label them as 'disloyal'. THAT is lame.

Look, go back and re-read all of my posts. Find ONE place where I said KC sucks/is going to suck. Go find ONE statement where I questioned the players' intensity. YOU CAN'T DO IT. Now, quit trying to label me, and anyone else, as disloyal ('go cheer for blah blah blah'). That is crap - KC fans should be above that. If I didn't care, would I complain? Would I even be here?

Now - KC's coordinators are horrible IMO (you 'thought nazis' have a problem with that? tough). JR has NEVER been able to lead a successful O. In KC, we depend on D to win -- so you cannot say he's run a successful O here either. In the NFL, there is one goal: win the SuperBowl. IMO we will never get there with short-sighted coordinators like Jimmy Raye.

Dr. Red
08-28-2000, 11:14 AM
I'll say this much, I am very excited about the prospects of playing our young guys. Losing games while getting those players experience is well worth the poor play we'll endure this year.

I would trade both Chester McGlocton and Dan Williams at the end of this year. I don't see how either one fits the direction of this team. Williams is already in the doghouse and Chet could bring us some draft value from a playoff contending team. Just my $.02.

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2000, 11:16 AM
HC, if it appears I have labeled you, I apologize. I look forward to Suday morning. Do you? Must be a bummer to wake up with low expectations...Come on, this is FOOTBALL...Noone knows what will happen through the course of a season...I don't think you are disloyal, just a liitle early to write off the season.

Fat Homer
08-28-2000, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>...I don't think you are disloyal, just a liitle early to write off the season<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, where did I write off the season? Is my belief that we will not go to the SB w/ JR as OC is 'writing off the season'? If so, guilty as charged I suppose...

Look, I want KC to win every game - man, how I want them to win!! However, the horrible showing in preseason has made me quite pessimistic. I know preseason is for evalutating talent - but good lord, we looked like we don't have ANY talent! Did you watch those games? It was atrocious - our guys sleep-walked in & out of the huddle, made mental mistakes all over the place, and generally gave up. They looked 10x worse than our opponents (3 of which were good teams - but San Fran too?!). the way we 'played' reminded me of our '98 loss at NE - we just weren't motivated. I am VERY concerned about this. It looks to me like the guys just don't care about each other & Gun & Co. are grinding their gears. Did you see Donnie Edwards' expression after his INT for a TD? He came to the sidelines - didn't speak to ANYONE, didn't smile - no emotion. That's what Bill Maas alluded to as well after Grbac's pick - no emotion. Elvis just sat alone on the bench... didn't speak to teammates, blank stare. I am concerned.

DoktorSmith
08-28-2000, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see another long pass on our first play as we did against TB...it was open if EG didn't underthrow the ball slightly..I'm sure the Colts will be expecting run...so it might catch them off guard...looking forward to Air Gun....

------------------
joe
"Sex on television can't hurt you... unless you fall off."

BIG_DADDY
08-28-2000, 11:36 AM
HC,

you totally suck! I can't believe you are so disloyal. I don't need proof, I can read your mind http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
EJJ

BIG_DADDY
08-28-2000, 11:39 AM
One thing I wonder about is Gun's practice regimen. Did he drive the guys into the ground through preseason so they're worn out the whole time?

Of course, I'm stretching for any excuse to regain my optimism for the 2000 season. Those of you with a penchant for reality need not reply http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
EJJ

08-28-2000, 11:42 AM
jONES,
I gotta agree on that with you. I think Gun really put it to them during camp. Hopefully they will have regained there "strenght" by opening day, hence the closed practices?<P>

AustinChief
08-28-2000, 11:44 AM
Guys, guys, guys. Listen! It's all part of Gun's master plan! He *told* them to jump offsides, and drop passes, and miss tackles. He said to Grbac "dammit you looked too good that first drive! You need to start STARING at TG the entire play before you throw to him.... you need to let the opposing DB's know for sure who you're going to! And throw an interception while you're at it, why dontcha??!?"

He's just making sure everyone underestimates us. He wants the Colts to be overconfident come Sunday. He wants to surprise everyone with our new 1500 yard back. Sheehee, errrr Jesse Haynes, errrr Harvey Williams, ummmm no, Greg Hill, ummmm no, uhhhhh well whoever we put in will be just AWESOME! You'll see!

Lol who said preseason doesn't matter?

Woodrow
08-28-2000, 11:44 AM
If the greatest concern is the players not getting up to play the game, then relax. Remember what these guys said about Gun when he came aboard? They loved his passion and emotion. If there is ONE thing I believe Gun can do with the best of them is motivate. He just put the pot on simmer during the pre-season. Maybe mostly because of this "health problem" that has been discussed lately. But now that the season has begun, motivation will come naturally to him. I have other concerns, but not having the players motivated on Sunday is not one of them.

B^2

redbrian
08-28-2000, 11:46 AM
Stevieray,

KC is SUPPOSED to be evaluating young talent but:

Cloud has been touted as the starter all offseason, then barely sniffs the ball in 4 preseason games. Terrell Davis almost matched Cloud's carries for the entire preseaon in one game vs. Green Bay!

Morris physically abused DBs on a regular basis, but only Warren Moon was able to get him the ball more than 5 yds. downfield. Much playing time was wasted on Rison & an apathetic DA.

Playing time continued to be wasted on the worthless Dishman, and the experienced Hasty, who needs little to no playing time, while 3 rookie DBs are forced to either sit on the bench or play during garbage time.

IMO Gun didn't try hard enough to win games(instill a winning attitude) OR prepare the new potential starters well enough. This team has looked confused and apathetic the entire preseason, save the opening drive vs. Tennessee.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Luzap
08-28-2000, 12:40 PM
HC
Sorry if I pissed you off. And I know you did not say the Chiefs suck in exact verbage. However, I can read between the lines as well as anyone and that is clearly your attitude. You think the Chiefs suck, therefore what you do write reflects your preconcieved position.

Personally, I think that you should give the Chiefs a couple of regular season games before you make your judgement. But then, I can't do your thinking for you.

Dev
~thinks that HC is better off without my thinking for him...

------------------
IDAHO CHIEF FAN!!!

GO CHIEFS!!! it all counts now.

[This message has been edited by Devin Vierth (edited 08-28-2000).]

HawkeyeChief
08-28-2000, 12:44 PM
Clints reply says it all for me. I agree

WarPaint
08-28-2000, 01:29 PM
Why couldn't our coaching staff formulate a gameplan and evaluate talent at the same time?

HawkeyeChief
08-28-2000, 01:33 PM
Joe #17
Or we do a run play because Gun thinks they will think we will change our game plan to passing. Smoke and mirrors http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2000, 04:34 PM
Wow! Clint, I agree with a lot you have to say. Once again you make valid points.

The donx only RB controversy was rather TD could return. And if he didn't, they had Gary waiting in the wings. We were hoping for Kimble to come back from a much more SERIOUS injury, while tring to play Cloud and Moreau to see if they could step up.

I agrre with your DB assessment. Especially Hasty.

I'm not trying to stir the pot. Alot of people here know what they are talking about.
And I have nothing against criticism about my Chiefs. But when it seems to be laced with venom, that's what I don't like. It doesn't mean you're not a Chiefs fan.

The Blessed Virgin Larry
08-28-2000, 05:23 PM
Chiefsnj,
What do you think the first 3 real games are for??? *grin* Don't you know that it's then that the Chiefs will evaluate talent and game plan.

HC,
I find the following TO FUNNY!

The Chiefs are STILL evaluating talent???? Isn't that what Preseason is for???

Hmm - Still no starter named at RB! That's what happens when your so-called #1 back barely touches the ball.

Abundant QB problems! That's what happens with no preseason game plan, especially in Raye's System.

Cloud might return kicks?

Only 4 Wide Receivers? Rison was cut too early. He could have helped. Now the Chiefs are actively searching the waiver wire.

Hall might play Wide Receiver??? This one's unbelievable. Hasn't Gun preached and preached about big WR's??

Carlton Gray is STILL on the roster???? Dishman would "probrbly not accept a back-up spot". That's a pure HORSE $HIT Gun Spin Job.

I could go on, but I can't catch my breath from LOL!!! I'm CONVINCED that this staff does NOT have a clue - and Gun is PART of the problem. The blind leading the blind! Here's a hint - you can tell the leader by his yellow glasses! *grin*

Mosbonian
08-28-2000, 05:40 PM
I agree the closed practice is BS.

Personally, I think it is a PR mistake the way it was announced. The closing of practice creates an aura of expected change. There will be none. I believe it was done to eliminate distractions, the announcement should have so stated. When the Chiefs come out and continue to run the ground pounding offense, everyone will be saying that this is another case of Gun talking out the side of his mouth, when he really has no plans to change. I basically trust almost nothing Gun says anymore and as far as taking meaning from actions assume the least significant possibility.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

Iron Chef
08-28-2000, 05:45 PM
2000 Predictions:
-Chiefs 13-3 win superbowl
-After rocky 3 game start Gun finishes rating his players, makes appropriate changes and wins coach of the year.
- Marcus Spears moved from back up Tackle to WR, Best Gun has ever seen going over the middle. 70 catches for 72yrds.
- Moreau becomes starter rushes for 1,800yrds, although continues to get knocked out of bounds at 1 yrd line.
- Morris becomes starter catches 3 passes for 240yrds.
- Alexander 0 catches for 0 yrds.
- Gonzales 240 catches for 3600 yrds
- Grbac 4000yrds 30 touchdowns. 24 TDs to Marcus Spears from the 1 yrd line.
- Dishman retires after first game with Vikings. Chronic arthritas
- Rison finds 1.2 million dollars in his sofa after move to Oakland. Retires to start music career. Killed by rival rapper.
- Denver after another 6-10 season hire Jimmy Raye as head coach. Looking for more offensive minded head coach.
- Raiders after another 8-8 season hire Willie Shaw as head coach.
- Green Bay after 7-9 record and allowing 800 points scored, hire Kurt Shottenhiemer as head coach.
-Gunther Cunningham demands GM duties to stay on as head coach. Peterson relents and retires.

Mosbonian
08-28-2000, 05:45 PM
Clint,

Post 23, I would like to join the chorus saying that you make several really good points.

Beginning to think Gun is part of the problem, not just the three Stooges.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

Mike
08-28-2000, 05:59 PM
Clint - I don't know if anyone's told you this, but you made some very good comments in your post. I agree. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

sd4chiefs
08-28-2000, 06:13 PM
HC, I'd never question your dedication to the Chiefs. The people questioning your loyalty have never stood side by side with you in the trenches of nfltalk.com.

I thought your post was really funny. I tend to agree with you as well. I like our final roster cuts and think it's time to get the kids into the fold.

I'd bet anything that if the cap wasn't a factor this team would have Mark Word on it and not Dan Williams. In addition, I feel Gray would be gone and Dish would still be in KC (If he'd play backup or nickle).

Excited and afraid about the Kansas City's upcoming 2000 season! Go Chiefs.

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

Fat Homer
08-28-2000, 10:05 PM
FU Jones! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif hehehe

AZ - damn straight brah'!

God, I sure hope I am wrong about everything. I hope Gun has his coaching staff together... I hope he has the players ready. I hope this preseason really was just an awful nightmare - from which we all shall soon awake. I want to be optomistic again (as I was just 2 short weeks ago)

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2000, 10:32 PM
That's all I hope for you too HC, sorry if it sounded any other way...We both want the same thing...We http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif?

JOhn
08-28-2000, 10:39 PM
LOL @ RED(post #31) great stuff!
kcmax
almost a regular

htismaqe
08-29-2000, 12:05 AM
Red,

Save #31.

It's a classic!

Luz
best he's ever seen over the middle!!!...

Fat Homer
08-29-2000, 09:45 AM
Stevie - of course! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

We're all Chiefs fans - with the TRich move, I am feeling much more optomistic (not to be interprated as an aside to Cloud - I just see TRich as a 1300yd RB) http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif