PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Chiefs fan's house burns

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-02-2000, 07:29 PM
My neighbors housse burned this afternoon.

No injuries, Praise God!

Times will be rough for them for a while until the insurance kicks in. (Their agent said he would come over and see them Tuesday!!!!!) Maybe it's time to change agents.

Go Chiefs

------------------
Remember Joe Delaney?
Some of us do and are acting on our belief that he was a hero.
This is a bandwagon that all are invited to jump on!!!

37 Forever

Cannibal
09-02-2000, 07:34 PM
my PRAYERS will be with them, that is tough and yes maybe time to switch agents.

sd4chiefs
09-02-2000, 08:58 PM
Thank God no one was hurt. That agent needs to be shown the door.<BR>

Stuckinbama
09-02-2000, 10:33 PM
Tuesday!?!?! You got to be kidding me. I would have him write to the underwriter when he gets things together. Was it a total loss? Did the agent at least write him a check for expenses through the weekend? No kidding, I would write a letter. Much of my job is dealing with insurance producers and underwriters and I'm telling you the Company would sh** if they knew they had a producer treating clients that way. If he needs any pro-bono advice or just wants to talk about it, share my e-mail address with him.

B^2

TheFly
09-02-2000, 10:37 PM
Remember, people, Monday is a national holiday. Even if the insurance adjuster came out today, Sunday, or Monday, he probably couldn't get anything in the system until Tuesday. He's probably out of town or entertaining guests like most of us. Give 'em a break!

I'm glad nobody was hurt and they actually have insurance. I can't imagine losing everything in a fire....

Stuckinbama
09-02-2000, 10:47 PM
I guess I'm just from small town America and am use to the way we do things, but where I am from the guy would have shown up and cut a supplementary check and said, "Gee, I'm sorry we'll be back Tuesday to take care of the paperwork. Here's a check to get you some clothes, food, shelter etc." It wouldn't matter if it was Christmas day or the President was visiting his house.

B^2

Stuckinbama
09-02-2000, 10:47 PM
I guess I'm just from small town America and am use to the way we do things, but where I am from the guy would have shown up and cut a supplementary check and said, "Gee, I'm sorry we'll be back Tuesday to take care of the paperwork. Here's a check to get you some clothes, food, shelter etc." It wouldn't matter if it was Christmas day or the President was visiting his house.

B^2

Duck Dog
09-02-2000, 10:49 PM
Hope the neighbors are helping out! My prayers are with them.<BR>

EMZ96
09-03-2000, 08:26 AM
Holiday or not, that is sick. The agent should put himself and family in their situation. The company should get rid of the agent and offer a new one. See how the agent likes to spend the holiday jobless since his clients are spending it homeless.

AustinChief
09-03-2000, 08:53 AM
Sorry, KPhob, no way I agree.....

The only way I would let my agent off the hook over the weekend is if he and his company are taking care of my living expenses over the weekend as well.

Agents come to your house after hours and on holidays to sell policies, there is no reason that they can't make it out after a disaster as well.

TheFly
09-03-2000, 11:40 AM
It's cool. I grew up in a small town and used to hold the same opinions. I've spent the last 10 years in the city and that just doesn't happen any longer. I'm sure their expenses will be covered after the fact....