PDA

View Full Version : The INT return for a TD was a killer!

Buzzbait
09-03-2000, 06:12 PM
We were only down 17-14 at the time with a long way to go in the game.

I thought that play really broke the Chiefs back.

The boys better play mistake free football next week in Nashville or it could be a BTAW(that stands for big time @ss whoopin')

John M.

DoktorSmith
09-03-2000, 06:15 PM
Does everyone realize Cornelius Bennett hit Grbacs arm? He probably should have taken the sack, but Bennett clearly gets his hand on EGs arm.

Fort Chief
09-03-2000, 06:17 PM
I wasn't sure if his arm was tipped. it didn't look like it at the time, but I'll look at it again when I rewatch the game (taped it). It was certainly a wobbly ball, but I thought it could have been that he was just off balance.

DIEHARDCHIEF
09-03-2000, 06:20 PM
GM, ESPN Primetime clearly highlighted Grbac getting hit by Cornellius Bennett as he tried to throw that ball.

az

Chief Henry
09-03-2000, 06:20 PM
just saw it on primetime......his arm was hit

Fort Chief
09-03-2000, 06:21 PM
OK. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

donkhater
09-03-2000, 06:54 PM
John:

Nice board.

Bennett may well have hit Grbac's arm, but Elvis shouldn't have taken the risk in the first place.

Too often with "Spike" the guy can't make the right decision when the pressure's on. That, more than anythign else, will keep him from ever reaching the top echelon of NFL quarterbacking.

It's gonna be a long season.

Buzzbait
09-03-2000, 06:57 PM
Hey Iguana,

good to have you.

I think it takes about 15-20 posts before you are no longer a "lurker" and become a "regular"

Hope you come around often. This gives us a whole different avenue of discussion.

John M.

gh4chiefs
09-03-2000, 07:06 PM
That was definitely a bad decision on Grbac's part. Never throw the ball when you're about to get sacked, that's stuuff guys like Jeff George do a lot. But overall I thought he played a good game, he showed intensity out there, he threw for our only two scores of the day, and would have had a third if Alexander didn't let it bounce off his chest and go through his arms. He had guys make about 8 drops in the game. He made some mistakes too. Frankly Peyton Manning should have had 3 INTs in the game but Edwards dropped what would have been his 2nd one (and a possible trip to the end zone) and Hasty also dropped one with no one in front of him to the end zone. Had the Chiefs executed and performed like they used to in the Marty days this game would have been different. But as it turns out, this team does not take advantage of opportunities anymore...