PDA

View Full Version : Opening day lineup, offense...

Cannibal
08-27-2000, 11:38 PM
QB: Elvis
HB: TRich
FB: Bennett
WR: DA
WR: KLock
TE: Gonzo
OT: Tait
OG: Shields
C: Grunhard
OG: Szott http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif
OT: Riley

I would like to see Gun go with this lineup. To me, TRich has running skills that just cannot be ignored. I think he is considering that too:

"A lot of people think he should be the starting (halfback)," Chiefs coach Gunther Cunningham said. "I'll keep my thoughts to myself until we open the season."

I think maybe a big part of keeping both Anders and Bennett around is because they can also play FB, giving TRich more free reighn to carry the ball.

The most used lineup I'd put out there is 3 WR Alexander, Lockett and Cat with TRich the single back. I also like the play action possibilities with the 2 TE set of Gonzo and Drayton.

Get your playmakers the ball Gun! There are so many things I envision this offense capable of doing. If only our coordinator could figure it out...

[This message has been edited by DaWolf (edited 08-28-2000).]

08-27-2000, 11:42 PM
HB: Cloud/Maroua
FB: T-Rich/Bennet
WR: KLock

I still lay odds that the HB situation is Cloud Maroua. Anders won't be here. He's getting old, and is kinda the odd man out.

Mike
08-27-2000, 11:43 PM
IF T-Rich does start at HB, it'll be in a one back offense IMO. He doesn't take any reps in two back formations at HB, so i doubt they'd move him there now.

Mike
08-27-2000, 11:44 PM
JOhn - Moreau. Moreau. Moreau. It's not that hard to learn. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

08-27-2000, 11:47 PM
Moreau. Moreau. Moreau. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Don't you know by now that I'm spelling impaired?

Heck I still can't spell the Nigerian nightmares name lol

I will write it on a post it and put it on my monitor http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

(was really hoping new BB had spell check )<BR>

Cannibal
08-27-2000, 11:48 PM
I dunno, Gun's surprised me thus far. But you're probably right, more likely with the two back set it will be Richardson at FB and Cloud/Moreau at HB. They've already stated that Richardson is the back in the one back set, so I anticipate seeing a lot of that set...

08-27-2000, 11:55 PM
DaWolf,
I tink ANYTHING Gun has said at this point, in regards to starters, has to be taken with a grain of salt.

He has made some surprises thus far, and I really see a few more coming. What with the closed practices and all. Also Him stating he wanted this to be "HIS" team.

Come Sept. 3rd I think we will see a little different team than we all expect. IMHO

(think I would learn to spell franks name, as he is my fovorite rookie)

DaKCMan AP
08-28-2000, 12:37 AM
JOhn - Just say "No to Moreau", come on you can do it (grin). I'm still under the perception that this guy can't run inside the tackles. If he gets the start it really means that we have given up on the season as a rebuilding year, cuase that boy just is not ready.

scooter
08-28-2000, 08:53 AM
Cloud and Rich will/should start. They will end the RBbC and have us asking 'Dillon who?'. That's assuming Raye has Cloud doing more than running up Grunhard's butt.

I'll also take a flyer and say Morris will start ahead of Lockett, with Lockett being the 3rd WR. Morris simply has a gear our other WR's don't have. Gun needs a deep threat to make the play-action credible.

08-28-2000, 09:41 AM
Jeff,
Sorry But I just can't do it. I see alot in
Moreau. Big, able to break tackles, Very fast to the outside, which is something we havn't had in awhile. I look for him to be in there sooner than anyne thinks.

Fat Homer
08-28-2000, 09:48 AM
HB: Cloud
FB: Richardson
WR: Morris
OG: Szott

Single-back sets: RB = Richardson
3rd WR = Lockett

I would run a lot of single-back sets with 3 WRs/2TEs.

[This message has been edited by HC_Chief (edited 08-28-2000).]

Woodrow
08-28-2000, 10:07 AM
I see a lot of single back formations with two tight ends.

WR - Alexander
TE - Drayton
LT - Tait
LG - Szott
C - Grunhard
RG - Shields
RT - Riley
TE - Gonzalas
WR - Lockett/Morris
HB - Richardson
QB - Elvis

BTW http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gifaWolf et al, did we have a free agent pickup by the name Shields or is Will going to play both left and right tackle. I know he's good......but...... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

B^2<BR>

redbrian
08-28-2000, 11:17 AM
IMO Cloud will be relegated to the 4th or 5th HB on the depth chart by week 4 behind TR, Bennett, & Anders and/or Moreau.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

htismaqe
08-28-2000, 02:30 PM
I honestly believe that we're going to see Moreau as our starting HB with TRich our starting FB.

Cloud will be our 3rd down back.

Luz
thinking that if i'm wrong, it'll only be by a few weeks...

08-28-2000, 02:31 PM
LUZ,
Thank you!!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

I'm glad to see someone else is in agreement with me.

htismaqe
08-28-2000, 02:32 PM
Just a quick justification...

Moreau has that quick burst of speed when rounding the corner that is rare... and deadly to defenses. We have to get this guy on the fiels, and I'm betting that Gun knows this.

Luz
his size won't hurt him either...

htismaqe
08-28-2000, 02:38 PM
Sorry John,

I always want to give credit where it is due (I thought you were calling for moreau to back up Cloud).

Luz
standing united with john...

JOhn
08-28-2000, 02:40 PM
i agree,
TRich as the FB
Moreau as the halfback, the man is Quick!
big enough to punch throu the line. Im still of the opinion that the chiefs could be mean this year, preseason be damned.
kcmax
still backin' the chiefs

08-28-2000, 02:43 PM
Luz to carify:

IF cloud is the starting HB on sept 3rd, look for Him to be replaced by Moreau by the 4th week, if not sooner.

I have this sneaking feeling he will be the starter on opening day. Gun has been ghood at the smoke and mirrors so far, and I just see it happening. Especially after allready naming Cloud the starting HB.

He will but Moreau as the starter, with Cloud/TRich/Bennet in for a change up and pass protection.

08-28-2000, 02:48 PM
Luz,
FYI I dropped Cloud from my FF team and picked up Moreau.

(putting my money were my mouth is)

I really believe this is the reason for the closed practices. Cloud is more up the middle runner, were as Moreau Is more effective on the outside, but has the size for the inside. Hence if Indy gameplans for Cloud/Trich, Moreau will be a totally differant challenge

WarPaint
08-28-2000, 02:53 PM
Moreau only ran against third and fourth stringers, and he fumbled the ball at a crucial time. I don't think Gun will be that eager to put him in. IMO, Gun will revert back to playing it as safe as possible on offense.

Mike
08-28-2000, 02:58 PM
I haven't seen the games, i've just listened on radio (I think I should make this my signature http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif ), so maybe you guys are seeing something I'm not (obviously if you're able to watch the games http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif ). From listening it sounds like he's really raw, and that he lacks confidence. I'd be very surprised to see Cunningham start Moreau in our season opener. I suspect he'll get some carries (depending on how close the game is), but I doubt he'll start. I could be wrong though.

htismaqe
08-28-2000, 03:46 PM
Obviousely predicting anyone other than Cloud to start is a longshot, but I like Moreau's chances.

When I first thought of this, I immediately rejected it because it typically takes time for rookies to learn the pass protection schemes (not to memtion technique). Then I remembered Gun talking about Moreau early in camp and bragging about how he came from a passing offense in college and wasn't behind in that area!

He is raw, but only in the sense that he needs to learn to run lower. We're used to raw meaning backs that didn't initially hit the hole quickly (Hill, Sheehe, and Cloud), or backs that have size, but zero moves (Bennett). Moreau is none of these.

The two things that stood out the most to me however, were in this last Tampa game. Gun had told him (from the previous game) that when he broke into the open along the sideline to run hard and not let the DBs push him out of bounds. Guess what happened against Tampa? He broke it twice: the first time it took two DBs to get him OOBs, the second time he took it to the house!

The other impressive thing I didn't notice until he was running these outside sweeps. He turns the corner better than ANY RB I've seen in KC in a long, long time. He just accelerates through the turns and defenders that had the angle are now suddenly behind him!

This is all based on just a few plays, but I think that's all the more reason to get excited. With our OL, this kid could do well.

The only thing he really lacks is experience, and that is why I think they will bring Cloud in on 3rd downs.

Luz
enjoying being out on a limb...

Mike
08-28-2000, 03:52 PM
Well, I hope you're right; I've never been too high on Cloud. Still, I have my doubts. Seeing the Chiefs start a rookie would send me into shock.

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 08-28-2000).]

redbrian
08-28-2000, 03:55 PM
Luzap, I hope you're right.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Iron Chef
08-28-2000, 04:07 PM
With Gun having closed practices and the limited carries Richardson received in pre-season, the Bennet FB, and Richardson TB is an interesting combo.

After the draft, picked Moreau as the sleeper this year. Watched a lot of the Cardinals games thinking we may have a shot at drafting Redman. Always thought Moreau was more of a speed back. Couldn't believe he was a 230lbs. Agree with Luz that some point in the future he will be our starter. He is the best size/speed back we have had in some time!

08-28-2000, 09:58 PM
Luz,
I hope that Limb is strong, as I'm out there with you too.

Maroua (Sh*T forgot how to spell it again) Will be playing Sunday, I really believe this is the reason for the closed practices.

That and the fact that he stated Cloud WAS the starter, yet has made little mention of the fact in the past week.

Mosbonian
08-28-2000, 10:23 PM
DaWolf

Based on the Star Article http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/chiefs.pat,sports/3774b716.828,.html

You are going to get your wish.
Forgot to say they are reporting that T. Rich will start at halfback.
------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 08-28-2000).]

DaKCMan AP
08-28-2000, 10:25 PM
JOhn - You like the guy enough you should be able to spell Tony Richardson BACKUP, yeah that's right. Moreau, Moreau, Moreau...

Maybe you can remember More Australius, get it more au...stralia...

Cannibal
08-29-2000, 02:25 AM
Let's just hope it works. Here's to TRich not being out of his element and staying healthy...

TheFly
08-29-2000, 09:53 AM
In the story that Logical posted the link for,they talk about T.Collins being demoted to third QB.They quote him :
Collins had little to say about the situation.

"It's really not that big of a deal," he said.

I guess he prefers clipboard duties?

08-29-2000, 05:44 PM
Jeff,
Nice Hint on the spelling...LOL.

Maybe Back up for now, but still not counting on it to last, IF it's actually the truth http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

STARTING HB: Moreau
STARTING FB: Richardson

I LIKE IT http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

AustinChief
08-29-2000, 05:49 PM
Until the Chiefs have a coaching staff with a modern philosophy on O, we are going to see the same thing every sunday. better get used to it.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

kcred
08-29-2000, 06:53 PM
Arman (DaWolf),

Gots to give you props....
You called the change to Richardson a full day before it happened......

I'm amazed at the change inattitude this one move has made... you guys have hope again...... Personally, I see it as a step to conservative offense again (IMO) but considering the lack of playmakers, that may be KC's best bet.......

------------------

"Those who want respect ...... give respect"
[b]Tony Soprano</B>