PDA

View Full Version : Gunther's latest Press Conference

Warrior5
08-29-2000, 02:08 PM
Quote from the very end:

Q: How will you use (FB) Tony Richardson this year ?

CUNNINGHAM: "Tony Richardson is the fullback. We'll keep it that way until the end of the week."

WTF?

Press Conference (http://kcchiefs.com/latest/mainnews.asp?storyID=1623&cat=4&showLatest=yes)

AustinChief
08-29-2000, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure Gun knows what's going on with his team. Sounds like a lot of hoop jumping to me.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

sun
08-29-2000, 02:23 PM
I agree Duck. Iam beginning to wonder what is going on there. He seems to be in his own world.

BIG_DADDY
08-29-2000, 03:14 PM
Gun is old school. You don't talk about your strategy or formations or anything. If anything you try to misinform the media, hoping to confuse your opponent. Some coaches are still this way, Bill Parcells for instance. He said for the rest of the week, and technically the new week starts on Sunday.

------------------
... Remember when you're feeling very small and insecure how amazingly unlikely is your birth, and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'coz there's bugger all down here on earth.

DoktorSmith
08-29-2000, 03:19 PM
Did the Chiefs actually say they were moving TRich to HB?...Can't a featured/starting back be a FB?...Miami Dolphins in come to mind...wasn't Czonka the feature back or at least the one who got the most carries...and he was most definitely a FB...

------------------
joe
"Sex on television can't hurt you... unless you fall off."

hawaiianboy
08-29-2000, 05:20 PM
So I guess you guys wanted gun to come out and say we suck and are in a rebuilding mode and won't really try to win any games.
I don't think so.
Gun is going out there to win every game he goes into period.

AustinChief
08-29-2000, 05:26 PM
Jim Kick was the Fins HB in the early 70's with Czonka. he was used like Tampon bay uses Alstott. Which seems to work when you have guys like Czonka and Alstott. TRich can do the same. He has always been one of my favorite players.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

ColoradoChief
08-29-2000, 05:53 PM
Joe,

The KC Star reported that TR would be the starting HB but nothing official from the Chiefs, at least not that I've seen.

Fort Chief
08-29-2000, 06:25 PM
According to the Star, the lineup change was confirmed by a team "source".

"Practice was closed to the news media, but the lineup change was confirmed by a team source". <P>