PDA

View Full Version : My hats off to Cris dishman....

Cannibal
08-29-2000, 11:53 PM
From sportswaves.com

"I have nothing negative to say about the Chiefs. I wish them well. They've got a great organization there. Mr. Hunt is a class act. Mr. Peterson and Gun are very class acts."
Cris Dishman, who signed with the Vikes after being released by the Chiefs, Channel 9

Good luck to Dish in Minnesota. He is also a class act and carried himself well as a Chief. Hopefully some of his toughness (and none of his penalties) will rub off on Warfield. Nice to know there are still some stand up guys out there, and not just a bunch of Brock Middlebrooks...

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-30-2000, 12:01 AM
It either means he's a class act or he doesn't have sack enough to bash KC for his release. It had to have been tough for him, I wonder if we gave him any special treatment such as early notice of his release. His prompt signing w/ the Vikes might indicate as much. I never really had a problem with Dish but I do think the Bump & Run style of coverage is probably antiquated with today's rules..... Best wishes to Chris Dishman!!!

The Blessed Virgin Larry
08-30-2000, 12:02 AM
Wolf,
Well said. When he left the Oilers dish didn't even "dis" Bud Adams! He's a class act and has been since he joined the league. I STILL wish he was a Chief and IMHO Carlton Gray should have been cut. Dish would have been better than Gray in the nickle.

Cannibal
08-30-2000, 12:17 AM
I think what happened was Gun told him, "Dish, look, I want to start Eric Warfield, we've got to get this kid going. And we've got a couple of other young guys too who need to play. I know you are a starter and you want to start, so if you want, we're willing to let you go find that starting job somewhere else."

So his agent probably ased around the night before or the day of the cut, he got an offer to be the starter in Minnesota, so he was let go. The Chiefs must have been seriously motivated to play the young guys too, because I read somewhere Dish had already been paid a $1 mil. roster bonus a few months earlier...

AustinChief
08-30-2000, 06:25 AM
I cant remember Dishman as being quoted for any negative comments while in the NFL....

Take notice, Mr. Rison, on how men act.

------------------
Puttin' on my game face!

shakesthecat
08-30-2000, 07:51 AM
Wolf, both of you, good post. I believe the scenario with him becoming a nickel is probably right on target. He definitely landed on his feet, and by the time Minnesota is on our schedule again, he will be retired. Good luck to Chris.