PDA

View Full Version : 1st Offensive Series w/ Titans

Devin Vierth
09-08-2000, 02:34 PM
If I had my druthers and we receive the ball first, I would script the 1st three offensive plays of Sundays game like this:

1st play - Single set back with TR, 2 wr formation - split. Play action pass 8 yard pass over the middle to TG (pickup of 9 yds)

2nd play - I formation TR/Moreau, 2 wr - twin set, Moreau off weakside Tackle with TR lead block (pick-up of 7)

3rd play - split back set with TR/Cloud, 2 wr formation - split. Play action fake, 15yd. pass down the sidelines to Sly (18 yard gain).

With any luck, we can advance Titans kickoff past our 25 yd line, so the 1st 3 plays get us into Titan territory. This game will be about field position. The more the Chiefs can create opportunities early on for their passing game, they will be able to open up a running attack later on, and give our D a chance to stay fresh.

What's your take on the Chiefs 1st offensive series?

Joe Seahawk
09-08-2000, 02:42 PM
Something tells me we will see three straight unimaginative, short pass plays (so we can see what the Titans are going to give us in the game http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif ) followed by a punt.

alanm
09-08-2000, 02:59 PM
This was an attempt at a play, but my spaces got removed. Then I figured, what the hell, let's just line everyone up on the sideline and have Elvis chuck hail mary's all day http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

X
X

X X X X X
X X X X
O OO O O O O O
O
O O

[This message has been edited by KC Jones (edited 09-08-2000).]

Quarterback
09-08-2000, 03:15 PM
DJay, what they'll give us is a butt-whupping if we do that! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

I'd like to see us open with a single back and four wide. First play would be play-action, curl pattern for 8. Then a draw play for 5. Then bring in Gonzales, post him wide, pump fake to him and go deep to Morris on the weak side.

Ha!! That'll be the day!!

Kokanee
Just dreamin'...

TheFly
09-08-2000, 03:20 PM
If the first 15 plays are scripted, 80% of them will be runs. Gunther has publically said he didn't like the fact that we had 6 runs to start the game and I'll bet that was just to throw the Titans off and appease KC's fans. We'll run 3 running plays to start but third down will be a draw play instead of a sweep to our slowed back. We WILL get at least one first down but we won't score on the first possession.

Devin Vierth
09-08-2000, 03:25 PM
I know my post is a pipe dream, but it makes a helluva lot more sense to run that series vs. 3 up the butt. I guess I'm still dreamin that the Chiefs brain trust will pull their collective heads out of their asses.

elvislivesinkc
09-08-2000, 03:26 PM
Doesn't Gun review the scripted plays before gameday? He and Raye should put their heads together (giving them 1/4 of an offensive mind) & decide on the scripted plays TOGETHER.

Once again, the 6 runs in a row only happened because Gun allowed them to.

I still can't believe Raye and Stock have jobs.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Lurker Brett
09-08-2000, 03:42 PM
this is what I'd like to see:

Alexander and Morris split wide...
Gonzo at TE
TRich at FB and Moreau at HB in the I formation...

Play fake to Moreau up the middle, TRich bangs into the line and then slips into the flat...Moreau stay back to block

Alexander lines up on the strong side and clears downfield...gonzo does a 10 yard hook, probably double teamed...Morris does an 15 yard out...

Grbac looks off Gonzo and nails Morris for a nice gain...If both are covered, EG dumps it to TRich on a similar pass as last weeks TD...
The out is a safe play as long as EG puts it on the outside...if he puts it on the inside it might be six the other way.

Make me the OC now.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Second play...Moreau off tackle for 5 or 6 yards..

------------------
joe
"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together!"

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 09-08-2000).]

Lurker Brett
09-08-2000, 04:31 PM
What I'd really like to see...

Handoff to Moreau up the gut...he breaks into the secondary, breaks a tackle and he's gone...72 yard TD!!!!...and the fans go wild..... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif...TRich on the same play would be okay too...

I love pass plays but there ain't nothin' better then a long run for a TD... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
joe
"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together!"

Fort Chief
09-08-2000, 04:43 PM
Chitown - With all that passing I assume we didn't win the KO, or else we returned it passed our 30. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

If we recieve, and return it short of the 30, we'll likely see three straight runs. And i wouldn't look for Gonzalez to be open on the first play of the game (or a lot, all game [double-teamed]).

Prediction: run, run, run, punt.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Woodrow
09-08-2000, 05:39 PM
At this point , does it really matter? I'm through predicting what the IDIOT in the box is going to call.

BoatBuilder
09-08-2000, 05:57 PM
1st play: Play action pass and Grbac gets sacked by Jevon Kearse

2nd Play: Screen play to Tony Richardson for no gain:

Third Play: Draw up the middle for four yards

Fourth Play: Sauerbrun line drive punt returned 20 yards. First down for Tenn. from the 50 yard line.

Sounds sad, but I think this is closer to reality than ChiTown's

revolver808
09-08-2000, 06:05 PM
Exactly what Packfan said, except reverse play 2 & 3.

AustinChief
09-08-2000, 06:05 PM
I am not sure what your first series will look like.

However, I was impressed with both your first and your second series LAST WEEK! 8 plays - 6 runs - 2 punts - the chiefs really took it took it to 'em.

I say go for 3 horrendous drives this week! You don't see that kind of commitment to truly terrible offense anymore... most teams have recognized the importance of scoring points!

GO Chiefs!!

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 09-08-2000).]

bud
09-08-2000, 07:38 PM
1st Series:

KC starts at their own 14 yard line.

1 and 10: Richardson up the gut, tackle for no gain.
2 and 10: Pitch to I-run-like-I-am-on-a-greased mirror Donnell Bennett for a loss of 4 yards.
3 and 14: Swing pass to Ricardson.Gain of 3 yards.
4 and 11: Punt of 35 yards.Tennessee returns the punt to KC's 32 yard line.Their offensive possession: George gain of 11 yards, McNair 21 TD pass to Pickens.Crowd goes wild, KC down by 7.

2nd possession.

KC starts at their 22 yard line.

1 and 10:Bennett up the gut, loss of 2 yards.
2 and 12:Cloud up the gut, gain of 1 yard.
3 and 11:Grbac pass to Gonzales who is triple covered, can't find open receiver, sacked by Kearse.Grbac gets injured. He leaves on a wheel cart.The crowd laughs their assses off when Grandpa Moon comes in...

KC goes down 27 - 6 and 0-2.

Gunther...
Please attempt to grow a frickin' brain!!!

Larry Reed
09-08-2000, 08:19 PM
Boy, morale is at an all time high. By midseason, some people's heads should be imploding.

Coltsinsider
09-08-2000, 10:01 PM
First offensive series:
1st play: Shake my head and Pray please not again.
2nd Play: Defend Grbac as my wife says "I tell you he is sorry"
3rd play: Throw pillow at TV and grab remote and pick any game I want since I have NFL SUNDAY TICKET!!

OK for real
1st play: Play action pass for a gain of 20-30 yrds to Morris.
2nd play: Swing pass to Tony R. for nice gain of 8yrds
3rd play: Run for 5 yrds.
First series will result in field goal.
GO CHIEFS!!

Joe Seahawk
09-08-2000, 10:10 PM
Red n Gold
Am I missing something with Bennett? I thought he was doubtful this week. Someone please tell me he is not going to play.

Luzap
09-08-2000, 10:53 PM
I will tell you this the first play will be a pass.......

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-08-2000, 10:56 PM
Dr. Red,

I do believe you will be proven correct.

Luz
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif...

Joe Seahawk
09-08-2000, 11:14 PM
Here's what I'd like to see. First Chiefs offensive play whether we get the ball first on a punt, after the kickoff or after a Titans score I want to see a homerun ball. Just play action to TRich and stare at Gonzo (who is running about a 10 yard curl) to try and freeze the safeties for a couple of seconds and then throw it up for the Cat down the sideline and let him go up and get it. Let me tell you why I want to see this. This may not necessarily shock the Titans but it would show me, a long time Chiefs fan, that at least my team wants to win this game and is going to do everything they can to get that win. I am so sick of this, " let's run the ball inside our own 30 until we get it to the 50. Then let's pass it to the opponent's 20 and then try to run the ball in because we are afraid of making a mistake. As far as I know this philosophy never has, nor will it ever work. Except against the Raiders in the 90's http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif .

Herzig
09-09-2000, 04:15 AM
Gunther is stubborn, and Raye is braindead.

Just to prove a point, they will probably try to run three times in a row. They will of course succeed and then try to rub it in the fan's faces..

"We told you three in a row would work..."

It is the way of the Chiefs. Don't stick with what works, try to fix what's broken..over and over..and over..and over...<P>

alanm
09-09-2000, 07:07 AM
<a href="http://147.208.6.32/football/nfl/01/0910/kccten/console_spl_pre.html">the first play</a>

[This message has been edited by KC Jones (edited 09-09-2000).]

The-Man
09-09-2000, 09:05 AM
I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but Bennett's injury, if it keeps him on the sidelines was the best thing that could've happened to this Chiefs' offense, player wise. The second best thing would be to start the game with a crossing pattern to DA, who is knocked out of the game when, after he drops the pass, his knocked out by a LB. Then we could put receivers on the field who can actually catch the dam ball.
Second play, send Lockett on an out, Grbacs' pass is so poorly thrown, it hits the Skybox Stooge and knocks him out, forcing Gun to give the playcalling responsibilities to another coach, or to Moon.
Third play, a screen pass to Cloud, with actual blockers in front of him.
I can't say that we'll get a first down out of all this, but a series like this might be the most productive series the Chiefs have all season.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

shakesthecat
09-09-2000, 09:11 AM
milkman-

Yeah, Id sacrifice a first down to remove Raye from the skybox. That would be dirt cheap, IMO.

Maybe a lucky ricochet would take out Schottenheimer as well. If Grbac could take both Stooges out of the game, Id reconsider paying him that obscene bonus.

xoxo~
gaz
likes this play calling.<P>

The-Man
09-09-2000, 09:23 AM
Do you think our defense would get flagged if, after chasing a Titan to the Chiefs sideline, Donnie Edwards put a late hit on Stock?

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

elian
09-09-2000, 09:43 AM
First play Grbac drops back throws it as hard as possible into Jevon Kearses' groin.
All chiefs player pile on.

Second play, lets do it again.

Third play, QB draw 95 yards for a touchdwon.

KCCory
09-09-2000, 05:31 PM
If I were the idiot in the box...

First play: Straight Drop back (no play action), Check off Alexander, hit Morris crossing the middle for about 15 to 20

--first down--

Second play: PA fake to Richardson (at FB), turn and hit Tony G. on a quick out and see if he can make anything out of it.

Third Play: Hand off to Cloud, sweep left

Fourth Play: If we got the First down then 3 WR, send Morris and Alexander on streaks, Lockett on a short out, Attempt to go long... If we didn't get the first down then Two TE single back set no PA fake--fake pump quick to Tony look off Alexander and Morris on in-routes past the marker and hit whichever is more open...

Extremely unlikely to happen... but hey, I can dream (and then go play a game of Madden to make it a reality...)

------------------
Lightening Crashes... and i am there...

58Forever
09-10-2000, 03:00 AM
I would send Gonzo on a post pattern with morris dragging across the middle on the first play... which should be open since Tenn will probably run blitz and double TG with a LB and safety....

In fact, look for Gonzo to be a decoy for awhile... he will be doubled until one of your WR's actually becomes some kind of threat..........

------------------

[i] Momma said knock you out!!</I>