PDA

View Full Version : Stoyo should be GONE!

Woodrow
09-10-2000, 10:37 PM
This is not a knee jerk reaction. I've been on the fence with this for awhile now. He's NOT the kicker hae was even 2 years ago. He had problems during preseason, but now it's the regular season and I've seen NO improvement. The Chiefs have had his problem in the past and did not properly address it then and it cost them big time. IMHO, the Chiefs should try and find someone better (this week) and if so, cut Stoyo now and NOT give history a chance to repeat itself!

Duck Dog
09-10-2000, 10:43 PM
Is Jan Stenerud or Nick Lowery willing to come out of retirement????<BR>

DIEHARDCHIEF
09-10-2000, 10:44 PM
Seattle's kicker from last year (Peterson/Pedersen) who was third in the league in pts is still available, I think. I agree it's time. His leg appears to be done.

AZ

Woodrow
09-10-2000, 11:30 PM
There is an obvious problem here.

TheFly
09-11-2000, 06:58 AM
Come on Peterson. I hope he settles his grievance with Seattle THIS WEEK and comes on to help us! 2 of the last 3 regular season games have been lost by Stoyo!!! THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL, Pete!!! Start working on your post-football resume!

kcmax
09-11-2000, 07:26 AM
I thought I would sleep on it before I posted about Pete, but I do agree that "limp Leg" needs a one way ticket out of town. His glory days have come and gone and a change is in order. Where else in the real world can you not do your job and retain you employment.

~Give Pete the boot!~

kcmax
09-11-2000, 07:26 AM
I thought I would sleep on it before I posted about Pete, but I do agree that "limp Leg" needs a one way ticket out of town. His glory days have come and gone and a change is in order. Where else in the real world can you not do your job and retain you employment.

~Give Pete the boot!~

AustinChief
09-11-2000, 08:37 AM
Ain't gonna happen. Any team that keeps Mike Stock around (not to mention Jimmy "3-play playbook" Raye) is NOT gonna let Stoyo go. When he came on yesterday, I did not have a good feeling. He's just not as dependable anymore.

ChiTown
09-11-2000, 09:41 AM
I don't expect a kicker to hit from 50 yards every time. But I do expect him to hit from 36 yards every time.
How many more games is he going to be allowed to cost us.

mikey23545
09-11-2000, 09:52 AM
For anyone hoping for the kicker from the seahawks, a little blurb from TSN:

Todd Peterson - K, Seattle Seahawks Sep 11 10:12am
Peterson hasn't been signed by another club because he has a pulled abductor muscle and was told by doctors not to kick for six weeks.
Fantasy Spin: If you were holding Peterson on your roster hoping he'd get picked up, don't. He's still several weeks away.

DoktorSmith
09-11-2000, 10:24 AM
Did anyone pick up Nedney?

Mosbonian
09-11-2000, 10:38 AM
Yosef - Just curious, when you say you did not have a good feeling before the kick, how strong was that? For me, it was one of the strongest senses I've ever had while watching sports. I ABSOLUTELY KNEW as they went on the field that they [I saw they, I mean HE] would miss the kick. The certainty was so strong that I ended up going into the kitchen for the play just so I wouldn't have to watch.

I see no resurgence for Mr. Stoyo. He needs to go.

Devin Vierth
09-11-2000, 10:41 AM
I don't believe there is much out there that would upgrade Stoyo at this point. Am I wrong????? Nedney does nothing for me. Pederson is obviously hurt. Who else is there other than Nick Lowery http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif?

Snapper
09-11-2000, 10:46 AM
Let's see..... Stoyo is not kicking off anymore, so he can concentrate more on FGs. "I just pushed it right", he said. It's time we push Stoyo right out of town!

CaptnRon
Seen enough to be right

DoktorSmith
09-11-2000, 10:50 AM
There was a kicker at Tennessee a couple years ago, name Jon Hall, I believe he was in the Jets camp this year, lets go for more youth. He also produced a lot of touchbacks.

elvislivesinkc
09-11-2000, 11:00 AM
I'm so sick of this schit! I've been saying for 2 years that Stoyo needs to be replaced, and he has contributed GREATLY to 2 of the last 3 regular season losses!! How hard is it to find some ex-soccer wussy to make 35 yard field goals?!

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

mlyonsd
09-11-2000, 03:00 PM
I think kicker problems are on the front burner for the Chiefs Organization. We have paid a high price for keeping failing kickers around for too long. Look for a "get in or get out" ultimatum from Gun on this issue.

Never said this before, but maybe we need some new assistant coaches. I am tired of this too. LD for KC

mikey23545
09-11-2000, 03:06 PM
Clint - #15, might mean more if you didn't call for everyones head at least once in the last year (grin).

mikey23545
09-11-2000, 03:22 PM
Morphius is proud to have been post number 11111 with my post in #17.

Morphius
Still watches the numbers on his odometer for some ungodly reason.

B2chiefsfan
09-11-2000, 03:47 PM
"Thats why they call me Pressure Pete."- Stoyo after beating the Raiders last year. Whens the last time this guy made a frigging field goal, I mean the guy can't even kickoff so he should be automatic from inside 40. His last 2 important kicks cost us the division last year and an important game this year.

Time to bring in another guy.

elvislivesinkc
09-11-2000, 03:52 PM
I still stand by my opinion of all the guys that should be outta here. K.C. could be halfway through the rebuilding process by now if they had started immediately following the 1998 season instead of "tinkering" and "retooling".

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Woodrow
09-11-2000, 05:16 PM
Now that Jason Elam is out for the Donx from 4-8 weeks, I bet that the Rat finds a better kicker than Stoyo. Hey, maybe we can give them Stoyo the week before we play them.

F. Gump
09-11-2000, 05:28 PM
Sep. 7 Peterson (Todd) has a pulled abductor muscle and won't be able to kick for six weeks, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Stoyoz got to go, Stoyoz got to go, Stoyoz GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!

The-Man
09-11-2000, 07:13 PM
There was a kid in the SD camp this preseason who looked good. Since Petersen is hurt, should at least ask this guy in for a look. Ortiz was his name, I think. I think he could have won the job in KC, if he had been here.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>