PDA

View Full Version : Colts VS Chiefs

Katie
08-29-2000, 10:39 AM
Thought that I would drop bye and say hello to all of you, and kc-jones. We're looking forward to a good game with you, and no injuries, or refs messing it up. If you would like to discuss the game with other Colts fans, feel free to join in and ask questions on our forum. I will do my best to come over here as well to discuss the game with you.

Thank you,

Dano www.coltsnews.com (http://www.coltsnews.com) <P>

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-29-2000, 11:11 AM
Welcome, Dano. I've observed that the Colts nearly always have classy fans. It made last year's loss a little easier to swallow. Hopefully our class shown in return will ease your pain Sept 4th....

Katie
08-29-2000, 11:18 AM
You will not find a better group then what we have on our site, I can guaruntee you that!

We're just as excited about the game as all of you, and no paper giant has ever won a game without showing up with the A game. The Colts will be tested, I can see how the emotions of the game and DT (RIP) will have an affect.

Question for you, please.

How do you guys deal with some of the Raider fans? We don't even play them until the second week of the season, but now they're all over our forum. Sigh, any tops with them would be much appreciated, as I'm sure you've had to deal with them quite a bit.

Dano www.coltsnews.com (http://www.coltsnews.com)

Now how did I just post this reply out of sequence? LOL Oh well!

[This message has been edited by Coltsinsider (edited 08-29-2000).]

BIG_DADDY
08-29-2000, 11:19 AM
I'm not very confident about this game. The Colts clearly have a SB class offense, good special teams, and a decent defense. Remember the 97-98 Broncos? They didn't really have much defense, but they got big leads so quick, the other team became one dimensional. That's my fear with this game.

We have to sustain long slow clock burning drives to keep our defense fresh. Especially in this heat. I think we have a good chance at this because the Colts LBs and DTs aren't stellar. We should be able to run inside. This should in turn help set up some big play action gains. Let's just hope they don't get out to an early lead. If they do, I think this team will roll over and die. If that happens they might lose whatever confidence they have left after our training camp.

------------------
... Remember when you're feeling very small and insecure how amazingly unlikely is your birth, and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'coz there's bugger all down here on earth.

BIG_DADDY
08-29-2000, 11:22 AM
LOL,

1st, call them the 'faiduhs' cause they always fade away in close games.

------------------
... Remember when you're feeling very small and insecure how amazingly unlikely is your birth, and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'coz there's bugger all down here on earth.

Katie
08-29-2000, 11:26 AM
Ok, off to start a new thread on my forum that reads "Faiduhs"

brb,

Dano

Yosef_Malkovitch
Coltsinsider,

re: dealing with Raiderfan

Don't meet smack with smack. That's what he's visiting your board for. Be extremely tolerant of Raiderfan. Express your empathy for his living conditions in Oaktown. Be truly sorry that he is a product of Bay area public school. Beg him to go easy on you. Acknowledge the "fact" that Rison is the best reciever in the game. Accept that Jano date raped your sister with grace. Raiderfan eventually recognizes that he has "outwitted" you and it's no longer a challenge for him to spam your board. Then, about 1 out of 100 times, Raiderfan becomes civil and you enjoy keeping him around, kinda like a puppy....

Fat Homer
Dano - faiduh fans should be regarded as ignorant pre-pubescents - and treated accordingly. After your team beats them in Indy, you will find the majority of them scurry off (like roaches when lights are turned on). http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Speaking of 'paper giants' - last several times a 'Super Bowl calibre' team rolled into Arrowhead, we handed them their lunch! San Fran was actually favored (they went on to win the SB that year) but limped out with a 44-9 loss. I'm not saying it's going to happen this Sunday, but watch out. KC @ Arrowhead is a totally different monster.

wutamess
08-29-2000, 11:27 AM
Coltsinsider,
As far as dealing with the Raiders fans, you can do one of 2 things. The first, which I don't suggest, is to argue and bicker with them over who will win. They, for some odd reason, really believe that they are going to dominate a team of your caliber and will go back and fourth with you for hours with unsubstantiated banter. It's a little entertaining but becomes boring after a while, especially considering that they have no room to talk considering thier past records. The second is to just ignore them and they will eventually grunt, and leave. Now this doesn't guaruntee that they won't come back every once and a while to take a stab, but it does minimize the intellectually stimulating conversation that they have to offer. Good luck!

Katie
08-29-2000, 11:29 AM
"Don't meet smack with smack. That's what he's visiting your board for. Be extremely tolerant of Raiderfan. Express your empathy for his living conditions in Oaktown. Be truly sorry that he is a product of Bay area public school. Beg him to go easy on you. Acknowledge the "fact" that Rison is the best reciever in the game. Accept that Jano date raped your sister with grace. Raiderfan eventually recognizes that he has "outwitted" you and it's no longer a challenge for him to spam your board. Then, about 1 out of 100 times, Raiderfan becomes civil and you enjoy keeping him around, kinda like a puppy....

ROTFLMAO! Now I have to do that, I just HAVE to. We have one of them on their now claiming he's an expert, and the media are all "English majors, yada, yada"

Glad we only play them ONCE!

Dano

kcred
08-29-2000, 11:33 AM
You know fellas.... I've been pretty nice through your... uhm...very inspiring preseason and I've got to read this kind of weak smaque.... okay, as of now the gloves come off!

Get ready to play that "Schedule Card" this year fellas... you're going to need it!!

------------------

"Those who want respect ...... give respect"
[b]Tony Soprano</B>

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-29-2000, 11:36 AM
See, Coltsinsider? Meet our "puppy", Hawaiianboy. He's really okay, we have him believing that Oakland is a shoo-in for the Lombardi trophy.... He really mellowed out once we had him neutered.

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 08-29-2000).]

BIG_DADDY
08-29-2000, 11:36 AM
Hey there HB,

Just our true rival colors coming out here. Don't worry, most of us recognize a good visitor of another team as different from a troll. There are Chiefs trolls too. Actually one of them beat me to the Colts board.

------------------

Fat Homer
08-29-2000, 11:41 AM
I smell pineapple...

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Katie
08-29-2000, 11:48 AM
For Kphobia: <vbg>

RaiderAJones is right!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First I woud like to to _underscore_ the following;

I understand where he is coming from, the Bay area school system and his living conditions in Oaktown are the best in the world. Please go easy on us Colts fans, we're just getting used to having an "ok" team. Andre Rison is the best Wr in the game right now, and Jano date raped my sister with grace.

Always smiling,

Dano

How's that? HAHAHHA! I knew you guys were gonna be fun!<BR>

Katie
08-29-2000, 11:55 AM
It's working!

"As for where I am from, I was born and raised in Illinois and now I live in Yorktown Virginia!"

I think that i'll get back to the game though and let my admins deal with the Raider fans from now on, maybe I'll just give them shoot on sight orders so the Raider fans will get the message.

In complete honesty, I do not know as much about your team right now as I would like. For instance, starting Wr's, D-line, etc. Would any of you mind possibly giving me a little insight on that part of your team?

Please,

Dano

kcred
08-29-2000, 12:04 PM
IndyInsider,

Cutting and pasting smaque from rival fans of the team you play this week?????

Now I have seen everything!!

Even HC doesn't do that and he is pretty weak....

Hmmm... training wheels for your smaque bike...........

------------------

[b]Tony Soprano</B>

Fat Homer
08-29-2000, 12:07 PM
lol - pineapple trying the side-smack technique? Your kung-fu is no match for mine BEEEEEEEOTCH! Now go harvest some cane - I like my coffee sweet.

kcred
08-29-2000, 12:14 PM
HC,

"You like your coffee sweet"
huh?...

The same way you like your men I see!

At least you got some giddy up in your step now that TRich is at HB....

------------------

[b]Tony Soprano</B>

Fat Homer
08-29-2000, 12:20 PM
You must have me confused with a Bay Area fan... you know the ones - black leather, moustaches, trying to look tough & macho. HEY - that is a fitting description of the faiduh fan base!! Hmmmmmmm, faiduh fans... black & silver... hostile... posing for the cameras... could it be?

Pineapple, I won't make fun of you for listening to Madonna & worshiping Judy Garland. Promise! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

htismaqe
08-29-2000, 09:22 PM
Coltsinsider,

In responce to your request for information about our team...

Our D Line averages 425 pounds and waist size 36. Also, we can't figure out if they're really fast, or our RBs are really slow.

Our WRs are a little on the short side... of 6'6", and we are admittedly thin here (one of our WRs missed a pass in Training Camp so we booted him) ~ we're down to only four.

We do have a TE named Tony Gonzales, however, nuff said...

Our RBs and WRs are always arguing about who's the fastest. Personally, if our WRs can't ALL get down under a 4.2 time, I don't think they'll win that arguement with the RBs.

Besides that, it's a pretty average team. We've got some pretty good LBs, but our CBs leave a lot to be desired. Fortunately for us, our D line is strong enough that opposing QBs usually refuse to try and pass against us (see Jeff George or Leif).

Hows your team looking?

Luz
hoping that was helpfull http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif...

[This message has been edited by Luzap (edited 08-29-2000).]

Jim Wilken
08-29-2000, 09:49 PM
Someone from here had posted info on the Chiefs on my board (Coltsnews.com) thought I'd return the flavah!

QB - Manning - what can you say! excellent, but ... follows receivers with his eyes and is slow to find second routes sometimes (waits for the primary route to clear)
RB - James? If he gets outside or get's enough room to throw the straight arm, it's a "big gain!"

TE - Dilger and Pollard... Dilger is the blocker and bull-dog! Pollard is the master of the jump ball... either is weak at the other's streangth.

WR - Harrison is deadly when not doubled, but this week he may be easy to double as the 3-4 WRs will be playing 2-3 due to Wilkins out. Pathon is a third year player playing like a mid year rookie and Green is a young ed mccafferty (speed and route running) but is an injury liability.

OL - Tackles are studs (Glenn and Meadows) the rest are "unproven" at best. real trouble stopping a rush or getting a rush through the middle, but "theiy're young!" didnt fair that bad last year though (fewest sacks).

DL - Bratzke is a stud on end, Holsey is "getting there". Johnson may be out with a buised knee (probable) if he cant go, whittington and williams will start. Whittington is an over achiever, but plays hard and williams is a rookie who hasn't had much experience with the first team.

LB - Cornelius bennett is old, but he is still every bit a stud as ever! Mike Peterson is and excellent compliment, but tends to be aa liability in pass coverage. Hollier mixes rough and tough middle LB with a lot of speed, but plays slow sometimes for some reason (first season with Colts, still learning?)

DB's - nothing less than a liability! Belser and cota (safeties) are run supporters and loose their athletic supporters in pass coverage! Jeff Burress isn't much different! Tyrone Poole has turned out to be an excellent corner and is more the island-type. Our second best corner (macklin) comes in for nickels and is a hellian with man coverage, but gets a bit aggressive and has been flagged often. Not all together a bad sign for a rookie! he keeps coming to the ball aggressively no matter how many flags they throw!

Hope this gives a bit of insight!

Realistically, as a fan, I see these players 5 times better than they are so when I present them to another team, I try to emphasize the weaknesses to keep myself from embelishing! The Colts are quite better than I make them sound!

B<BR>

Katie
08-30-2000, 10:22 AM
:-)

What Da "Burf" said!

Dano

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-30-2000, 10:22 AM
thanks burf!