PDA

View Full Version : Practice squad announced

BIG_DADDY
08-30-2000, 09:23 AM
<a href="http://www.kcchiefs.com/latest/mainnews.asp?cat=1">KCChiefs.com practice squad</a>

Looks like we got a decent WR from AZ, and I like McCleary's potnetial on the D-line. He was rated as a possible sleeper by some draft pundits. He supposedly has good footwork for his size.

------------------
... Remember when you're feeling very small and insecure how amazingly unlikely is your birth, and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'coz there's bugger all down here on earth.

BIG_DADDY
08-30-2000, 09:27 AM
AUG 30 (morning)--Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club had signed five players to its practice squad as WR Desmond Kitchings, DT Norris McCleary, FB Chris Gall, TE Kirk McMullen and WR Andy McCullough were all added to the club’s developmental roster. Four of the five players were in training camp with the Chiefs earlier this year.<BR>

htismaqe
08-30-2000, 09:48 AM
I guess Shay is off to the XFL!

Luz
that will be interesting...

Duck Dog
08-30-2000, 10:58 AM
That sucks.

ARE you sure that no other team will pick him up????

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-30-2000, 11:32 AM
I'm sure no other team will pick Shay up. Does my non-homer opinion count?

shakesthecat
08-30-2000, 12:38 PM
WHY no quarterback?

Mike
08-30-2000, 01:29 PM
The abscense of Shay doesn't surprise me at all. I told the Shay-backers all along that he wouldn't make our practice squad, but they kept thinking somehow he'd land on our 53-man roster. Don't expect to hear his name again, unless KC brings him in next year as training camp fodder. XFL or CFL are his only options.

What does kind of surprise me is the abscense of McGrew, Cloman, or Bruce who seemed to each have a good chance of landing a spot. Oh well. Wasn't McCullough a standout in NFLE? I know that's not saying much, but I'm just trying to clarify if that's who we got. I like Kitchings and McCleary. Gall could probably replace Bennett next year, and McMullin's probably around as insurance against our injured TEs.

Warrior5
08-30-2000, 01:36 PM
I'm glad Kitchings was kept too. I was expecting him to be a really good returner, but that hamstring injury hurt his chances. G-Man, McCullough is that guy you're thinking about. He's also 6'4" which is probably why he was kept ahead of the other TC WRs.