PDA

View Full Version : Does Lew Bush Even Play For the Chiefs?

Woodrow
09-03-2000, 10:36 PM
Where is this guy? Where was he during the preseason. All I heard all off season was how much he was going to improve the run defense and how much "better" he was than D.T. against the run. I've seen all the games so far, but I've have yet to see him make any real contributions. Have I missed something???

TODD
09-03-2000, 10:42 PM
during the preseason he was gone alot because his wife was having a baby, and having complications with her pregnancy

Chief Henry
09-03-2000, 10:43 PM
bush was credited with one tackle today

Woodrow
09-03-2000, 10:47 PM
One whole tackle??? I knew I didn't miss much!

Chief Henry
09-03-2000, 10:49 PM
well at least we didnt hear about him getting burnt

gh4chiefs
09-03-2000, 10:50 PM
I don't know how much he played, but one of his jobs is covering the TE, and I didn't notice Dilger's name mentioned much. But I'll be honest, I wasn't really looking to see what Bush was specifically doing out there...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-04-2000, 09:11 AM
I don't know how to answer this one either.

If somebody that is not emotionally caught up in this http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif can give an objective evaluation of his performance I would be interested.

CBS announcers were commemting that Indy was being forced not to use their TEs as much as they had gameplanned. Also, I remember that in San Diego his stats weren't that good because he always took on the lead block(s) and forced things to Jr Saeua (sp?).

Luz
how did he do for us?...

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 09:46 AM
I don't know about Bush individually, but we did contain one of the better running teams in the league to under 4.0 yds a carry.

BoatBuilder
09-04-2000, 09:53 AM
I saw him get absolutely pancaked by the full back on a pass play. Thats the only time he was on my TV screen. Bliss, The edge rushed for over 120 yards. I would hardly call that containing.

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 10:01 AM
Ken - We are back to making you re-read the posts. I never stated James as an individual, I stated that we reduced the number of yds per carry from a team that averages 4.4 to 3.9, that is .5 yds per carry.

Yes, we did slow down the run, only a fool would say otherwise.

BoatBuilder
09-04-2000, 10:51 AM
Bliss,

The chiefs got dominated throught the air, the run, and the line of scrimmage. Totally dominated yesterday. Quit dreaming. There is not a lot to be happy with after yesterday's performance, except sly morris.
I expected the Chiefs to be dominated. You are trying to turn a negative into a positive.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-04-2000, 10:55 AM
Oh boy, Packfan is back!

The Chiefs were not totally dominated yesterday. In fact, some announcers (like Ditka) were predicting the Chiefs to win at the half.

Or do you know more about football than Ditka also?

Luz
some things never change...

BoatBuilder
09-04-2000, 11:06 AM
Luzap,

yea, ditka is real smart. Great trade he made for Ricky Williams last year. It got him fired.

Colts role up 400 yards of offense, double the Chiefs score AT arrowhead and you think its a close game? Every time I see one of your stupid posts, I dont even have to look at the name. I know it is either from you or Bliss.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-04-2000, 11:24 AM
Packfan,

You are the one always telling others they don't know anything about football, so stop wusing out and answer the question...

Do you think you know more about football than Ditka?

Luz
it's a simple question...

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 12:20 PM
Luz - What is funny is that this guy followed us over from the other board. He values our opinions so little, yet he makes such an effort to come over and read them....

LOL

What a busy and interesting life he must lead.

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 12:21 PM
Luz - Even better on the Dikta question, I will answer for Ken in his regular style...

Well Dikta has a SB and Ken doesn't, so I guess we all know the answer to that one.

milkman
09-04-2000, 12:23 PM
Yet Packfan goes to all the trouble to type in a new URL, register, think up a password and post, just so he can respond to what he considers a stupid post.

Without question, a candidate for therapy. It's bad enough Packfan could possibly get monetary compensation for volunteering.<P>

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-04-2000, 12:24 PM
LOL!

I'm kind of glad that Ken is here. At least now I have someone around to remind me of the illogic of many of the bashers.

Ken does an excellent job of articulating that!

Luz
giving credit where it is due...

Woodrow
09-13-2000, 10:57 AM
OK - we've played 2 games now and I'm STILL asking this question. I KNOW that Clemmens does, but Bush seems non-existent. Anybody seen him do anything in case I missed something?

58Forever
09-13-2000, 11:09 AM
The main reason SD did not choose to retain him is he is not athletic enough to be a playmaker (they had the very athletic Gerald Dixon to step in).... so don't expect him to fill up the stat sheets...
His primary job in SD was to keep the TE off Rodney Harrison ( sorry guys Seau plays on the opposite side of the field) and allow the more athletic Harriso to make plays.... if KC is using him the same way then your SS (Wesley?) should be freed up to make some tackes.

------------------

[i] All alone at the top!!</I>

Boise_Chief
09-13-2000, 11:13 AM
I was kind of wishing we had a linebacker like Greg Favors to play the other LB spot. Oh, wait a minute, we did have him on our team last year didn't we. Good thing we don't play to win in the pre-season, but to evaluate talent!

[This message has been edited by Coogs (edited 09-13-2000).]

Woodrow
09-13-2000, 11:19 AM
Coogs,
I was very surprised we released Greg Favors. I figured that since he was a LB, that Gun knew what he was doing. Favors is playing so well that he's kept the Titan's #1 draft choice off the field.

Kurt Surber
09-13-2000, 11:27 AM
Yes! Lew Bush does play for the Chiefs. He's the starting RB! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Woodrow
09-13-2000, 12:48 PM
Titus,
Did Gun make another "cloak and dagger" RB switch to catch the Chargers off guard?? LMAO!!

Bob KCFan Hope
09-13-2000, 12:50 PM
Gregg:

I thought Pete Stoyanovich was our starter this week. This is his week in the 53 player rotation.