PDA

View Full Version : KC practice squad pick up McCollough a player!

sd4chiefs
08-30-2000, 03:24 PM
Living out here in AZ I follow the Cardinals pretty close. I attend training camp in Flagstaff, I read up on the team in the paper and I watch all the news reports and preseason specials. For someone who isn't a die hard fan, I consider myself pretty knowledgable on Cards ball. Now that I feel comfortable with my credentials ( http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif) I think I can honestly say this kid is a player. I was very surprised to see the Cards cut him. With the loss of Rob Moore for the year I thought he would be a natural to step up behind Frank Sander and David Boston.

McCollough is big. He's a 6'4'' 215lbs Wide Out who can catch the ball. He was sent over to Frankfurt and won the World Bowl MVP award. I've seen him in many preseason games over the past couple of years and at practices and I think he could easily become the Chiefs 5th Wide out this year. Keep an eye on this kid he's got potential.

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-30-2000, 03:26 PM
Cool, thanks for the synopsis, AZ!

htismaqe
08-30-2000, 03:27 PM
AZChief,

What's the rap against him?

Luz
also curious...

Smltheppl
08-30-2000, 04:12 PM
What role did MarTay Jenkins have in McCulloughs release...???

BTW...how good will MarTay be???
I've only seen highlights...would you consider him a sleeper or possible #3 WR this season in Cardinal land???

Mike
08-30-2000, 05:17 PM
AZChief - How's his speed?

B2chiefsfan
08-31-2000, 08:32 AM
I retrieved his 1998 NFL Draft scouting report, and I've got to believe that someone has seen something in this guy that makes him a better choice for the PS than say a Brock McGrew for example. It must have been that one year experience he gained in AZ.

Andy McCullough, WR, Tennessee, 6'3", 209, 4.59/40, 6th Round pick.

Summary

He had a nice INDY workout with decent speed, but good overall quickness and shows solid AA...he has not been a very productive guy in his career with the Vols and he's really only a 1 year starter, posting 22 catches for 525 yds. and 3 TDs in 1997...he has a nice upside and certainly combines speed and AA to be an intriguing guy...he has a little "sneaky" deep qualities and he will make enough good catches to keep scout's interests...however, he doesn't have great quickness or explosion in and out of his cuts and he is a guy that doesn't always separate well...he doesn't play with a lot of naturalness and his pass catching abilities seem to be up and down...he will drop some balls when he shouldn't and he really seems to lack a great feel for the passing game...the size and AA will get him a look but he has a long ways to go to be a quality NFL WR.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/events/1998/nfldraft/topplayers/180.html <P>