PDA

View Full Version : Hey Fantasy Football! Where are the Linebackers?

Bob Dole
08-28-2000, 09:21 PM
I went to go select derrick brooks with my 4th pick and all I got was dl or db's.

TheFly
08-28-2000, 09:27 PM
Seems they are under DL's. If you sort by name(alphabetically) it's easier to find who your looking for.

DaKCMan AP
08-28-2000, 09:30 PM
I sent an email off to dartgod to fix the issue. I thought it was odd that he only had DB's and DL, but I thought LB's were included.

Bob Dole
08-28-2000, 11:05 PM
Ok my preferences are set. I sure hope everyone gets their preferences set correctly.<BR>

AustinChief
08-29-2000, 06:41 AM
I am all set according to the last email sent.

The page said it was only necessary to rank the top 30 or so players, but that seemed awful short considering we have 10 teams with 11 players each. So I ranked the top 130 just to be sure.

Question - If we have only 1 QB - 1K - 1Dl - 1DB, does that mean we do not get points on the bye-weeks?

Stryker
08-29-2000, 07:43 AM
gurureport sez pick up Lester Towns (Car): pure run stuffer and looks lost in pass coverage, but he could make 100+ tackles this year.

Their also high on Jeremiah Trotter (Phi)

DaKCMan AP
08-29-2000, 08:00 AM
Wolfman - You did make your first 4 picks your keeper correct?!? No you don't get points for bye-weeks, you have to have a replacement player for that game if you want any points.

ROBHONDA
08-29-2000, 08:24 AM
Linebackers are listed under DL.

TheFly
08-29-2000, 09:45 AM
Trotter put up good #'s last year.
I'm SO glad I made Todd Peterson one of my keepers!ARGGGH http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Bob Dole
08-29-2000, 02:51 PM
LMAO at Ansonsdad......there was no way to know it was a surprise.

AustinChief
08-29-2000, 08:39 PM
Morph,

Yes and no.....

The list I gave you included John Kasay. I received an email from Bob (Dartgod) stating that I had Kearse,not Kasay.

Since I can't find Kasay on any stats board (nfl.com, espn.com, yahoo sports) as being active, I am assuming he is not playing this year.

I have selected Kearse as my fourth player. If this is wrong, let me know tonight so that I can change it appropriately.

AustinChief
08-29-2000, 08:41 PM
Morph, You state you have to have a replacement player for bye weeks?

Isn't that a little dangerous? Isn't there a possibility someone will pick up my bye player while I choose someone less productive for one week.

ROBHONDA
08-29-2000, 09:19 PM
Russ,

You will have reserves on your roster. You won't start every player every week. The week your starter(s) have a bye, you will play one of your reserves in his place. The player with the bye will remain on your roster, he is just inactive that particular week.

AustinChief
08-29-2000, 09:44 PM
Bob - I didn't see any reserves listed.... for example, how many QB's will we have ?

DaKCMan AP
08-29-2000, 09:47 PM
Russ - What Dartgod said was correct, and on the list I sent out I put you down as have Javon Kearse, I noticed the mistake. So you should be OK.

DaKCMan AP
08-29-2000, 09:49 PM
Dartgod - I have also been trying to figure out how many players we get to keep in each position, since it is appearnt we don't get to set it.

AustinChief
08-29-2000, 09:54 PM
Morph - So is Kasay playing this year or not?

As I stated, I cannot find anything on him.

BTW - I cannot find the specific rules for our league so I am still not sure how many players I get.

DaKCMan AP
08-29-2000, 10:02 PM
If you look on the left hand size there is some League Info, same stuff I emailed you. You get 18 players.

AustinChief
08-29-2000, 10:20 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

ROBHONDA
08-30-2000, 08:15 AM
I think you can have any number of players at any position on your team. For instance you could have all your reserves be QBs if you wanted but you can start only 1 QB each week. You will have a total of 18 players on your roster and start 11 each week at these positions:

Offense: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/TE, WR/RB
Kickers: K
Defensive Players: DL, DB

BTW, I set the draft ready this morning instead of last night. I apologize, I was studying for a test and forgot to do it last night.<BR>

DaKCMan AP
08-30-2000, 08:44 AM
Dartgod - The question is how do you choose how many in each position? That is my least favorite thing about this, that piece is kind of painful. I think next year we will have to do some sort of live draft, might even be done where we email in our picks and then have one of us add them to the league. It might take a week or so, but it is a bit more fun.

ROBHONDA
08-30-2000, 09:15 AM
Jeff,
I have looked through the help section at Yahoo, but did not find a definite answer. I think it goes something like this though. All of your starting positions are filled first by highest ranked player available.

Example: On your turn to pick, your highest ranked player is a WR. If all of your STARTING WR spots are filled then it automatically goes to the next highest ranked player at an UNFILLED STARTING position.

Once all of your starting positions are filled then you will receive the highest ranked player AT ANY POSITION available in your ranking list.<BR>

ROBHONDA
08-30-2000, 09:17 AM
BTW, I do agree that next year we should go to a live draft.

***working on losing my lurker status***

DaKCMan AP
08-30-2000, 09:33 AM
Dartgod - That is how I read it as well, it seems to make the reserve part of the team pretty iffy in what you get though.

ROBHONDA
08-30-2000, 09:35 AM
Agreed. It makes it real important to watch for the draft to happen so you get first shot at the undrafted free agents as soon as the draft is over.

Raiderhader
08-30-2000, 09:44 AM
I desperately need a QB in round 5...It's a good thing that I actually get the #3 pick in that round.

DaKCMan AP
08-30-2000, 09:49 AM
Does this draft stay linear, like I get the 1st, 11th, 21st... or is it one of the snake drafts where I get 1st, 11th, 12th, 21st, 22nd...

ROBHONDA
08-30-2000, 09:53 AM
I think it is the snake type of draft. Here is a link to view the order per round:http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/full/show?page=draftresults&lid=62793<P>

ROBHONDA
08-30-2000, 09:58 AM
Trying HTML here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/full/show?page=draftresults&lid=62793<P>

DaKCMan AP
08-30-2000, 10:26 AM
DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! I hate those, I'm always on the end and I get one pick and then another one a decade later. At least I will be able to hold down last place.

ROBHONDA
08-30-2000, 10:31 AM
Like last year? :P

DaKCMan AP
08-30-2000, 10:33 AM
I'm following the packfan plan to build a team, lose a couple years and get some high draft picks.

Morphius
Wishing this was really the plan...

Bob Dole
08-31-2000, 10:27 AM
There is no difference between the auto draft and the life draft but your there for 30 minutes picking the guys you want instead of pre-ranking.

It's much better. The pre-ranking on the keeper concept worked pretty good you can however do the same thing in the live draft by picking the your 4 keepers than everyone else is fair game.

It was clearly disappointing not to be able to be present immediately after this draft to make transactions.

Raiderhader
08-31-2000, 10:35 AM
Dr. Red, there are major differences between the live draft and the auto draft.

First, I would NOT have wound up with Derrick Alexander or Donnell Bennett.

Second, Had I known that Bruce was not covered, I might have picked him with my first pick in round #5.

Third, I would have drafted a LB instead of a no name DL who has NEVER played before.

Last, I wouldnt be bitching about my team.

I cant see how Im going to be competitive this year.

Bob Dole
08-31-2000, 10:47 AM
KC Titus,

Your preaching to the choir I said before the draft it should be live. We could of done the same thing in the first 4 rounds in a live draft with our keepers. It also helps cause it scheduled at a set time and everyone has the same chance at the free agents. Some people just aren't up at 5 in the morning to snap up all the good free agents........LOL