PDA

View Full Version : Do I go tho the Home Opener?

Fan_in_Alabama
08-31-2000, 12:07 PM
I have season tickets and was looking forward to attending the Season Opener.
My Fiance just called (she was going to use my other ticket) and said that some of her family is flying in town Sunday and they woulkd like to meet me. These are people who will not be attending the wedding. (mainly for financial reasons) What do I do? Talk her into going to the game anyway, Go to meet her family, or let her go meet her family and take someone else to the game?

I'd like to go to the game, but I'd also like to still get married.

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-31-2000, 12:11 PM
She should be understanding. You should be assertive. If you PUZZY out now, she'll walk all over you for the entire marriage.

Try to be nice initially - you spent a lot of money on the tix and explain the significance of this game. You'll be happy to meet the friends after the game or even tailgate w/ them prior to. If she's going to call off the wedding or withhold the azz over this, you don't need her anyway!

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 08-31-2000).]

Fan_in_Alabama
08-31-2000, 12:14 PM
Let me rephrase I'd like to go to the Game, but I'd also like to get some lovin'.

Devin Vierth
08-31-2000, 12:14 PM
Why would you want to marry into a family that has a blatant disregard for a 'religion' http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif. Think of it being like this on a lot of Sundays. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
bk

[This message has been edited by bkkcoh (edited 08-31-2000).]

JOhn
08-31-2000, 12:19 PM
You could give me the tickets! :-)<BR>

Dartgod
08-31-2000, 12:23 PM
If you don't go, she'll never respect you as a man. You are a man, aren't you?

CaptnRon
Sure of himself

Mark M [BornChiefs]
08-31-2000, 12:25 PM
This decision will set things up for the rest of your marraige...you'll know who is wearing the pants....women get mad at me all of the time.....they get over it, or they don't....

I think it would be a much better decision to send me the tickets...I'll serve them well.

Bob Dole
08-31-2000, 12:33 PM
Man you have plans, PERIOD! The game ends at 4 take her family out to dinner. Give her some alone time with her family. Let them know you had a prior engagement.

But go to the damn game.

darkchief
08-31-2000, 12:33 PM
You gotta go to the game. Home openers only come once a year, but you'll have your entire marriage to alienate your in-laws.

Woodrow
08-31-2000, 12:34 PM
Kloster:

Tell me your not married! If you are and have been for more than a year, the lady is a saint!

B^2

Tribal Warfare
08-31-2000, 01:10 PM
If one of her relatives that are coming is a guy, invite him to go to game with you and then you can meet up with the others later for a night on the town. i think if any guy that goes to visit a future relative and is treated to the arrowhead experience, than you are a shoe in to be a favorite of their family.

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 01:15 PM
If she *honestly* cares about you and your feelings..she wouldn't ask you to skip the game...of course if YOU truly care about her you wouldn't go to the game...BUT that is the true advantage of being a guy..we aren't expected to care as much.

--Kyle
(Relying heavily on the old double standard!)

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-31-2000, 02:20 PM
b-squared,

I've been married and was for 6 years. That's why I'm so wise. Which specific statement were you admiring? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Duck Dog
08-31-2000, 02:26 PM
A woman's perspective...

Take a relative to the game and let her spend time with family. If they will be in town longer than 3 hours, meet them either before or after the game. If they will only be in town for the exact three-four hours of the game,,,well ... Go to the game and take your chances. YOu will be married for a long time. Eventually you will meet them. This home opener more than any will be especailly important with the DT tribute. I would drive 4 hours to go if I had tickets.

Pam

Woodrow
08-31-2000, 02:27 PM
Kphobia:
I couldn't pick one over the other. Either would earn me a place on the practice squad in my wigwam. This perspective on wife/husband relationships, surely wouldn't have impacted on the WERE married part of your post would it?

B^2

[This message has been edited by b-squared (edited 08-31-2000).]

47mack
08-31-2000, 02:27 PM
OK- Let's make an assumption. Since they're flying in Sunday and it's a holiday weekend, they'll be around on Monday too, right? So, like the other guys have said, it's an early game; meet up with them afterward and party all night since Monday is a holiday. What's 3 or 4 hours? Give them the time to sit around and bad-mouth you, then prove what a good guy you are later!! Go to the GAME!!!!!

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-31-2000, 02:45 PM
No, Brian - I've taken this attitude because of the nightmare of my marriage, which incidentally is over because I paid cash to send my wife back to college and she couldn't keep her legs together. I agree, my first paragraph comes off a little harsh but I thought I offered nice alternatives in my second paragraph.

Wow, if that shocked you, are you ever in for a treat should I get on a marriage/relationship soapbox....

Mark M [BornChiefs]
08-31-2000, 03:04 PM
As a recovering "HEMAN WOMANHATER" my advice is to turn it on her http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif, I would in a sincere? voice say something like "I guess I won't go, I'd rather spend time with YOOOUUR family than attend the home opener, and the only chance I'll have to see the DT ceremony, but anything for my little"insert pet name for ol' poopsie"....

she'll make it her idea for you to go...

NICE GUYS NEVER WIN.....and are miserable because the women that have them whipped, kickem' when they are down...

If you don't go, she'll be nagging you and sassing in front of your pals and make you look like a punk!

wutamess
08-31-2000, 03:16 PM
I agree with Mohawk, take her Dad to the game. He will be a changed man and will look forward to spending as much time in town with you as possible in the future. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

TheBigChief
08-31-2000, 04:31 PM
Be careful while listening to IOWANIAN!

Remember IOWA stands for:
Idiot
Out
Wandering
Around

Be firm, this is a once in a lifetime game.

Besides, I'll be there!

[This message has been edited by The-Man (edited 08-31-2000).]