PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day weekend

Duck Dog
08-31-2000, 10:03 PM
How many of us are going to be traveling??? I will be leaving Friday pm to travel from B'ville AR to Wichita KS.

My first year with NFL sunday ticket, and I will miss the opener!!!

milkman
08-31-2000, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I'm on the road as usual, in keeping with my "anywhere is better than Chicago" plan. Niagara Falls this weekend, KC for the Chargers game in two weeks.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2000, 10:10 PM
Fraz - I don't like Chicago either, never have. Thought I did like Dick's Last Resort.

As I said on the other thread I'm going to Omahell this weekend, but I will be hanging out with Chiefs fans so that I will not miss the game.<P>

milkman
08-31-2000, 10:17 PM
You know, I'd probably like Chicago if I didn't live here. Nice place to visit... you know the line. As cities go, I guess its not so bad. I love New York. I also love leaving New York after a couple of days.

I basically think I'd be unhappy in any city. My idea of the perfect home is nice, big log cabin style house on the shore of a glassy Wyoming lake reflecting snow-capped mountains in the distance. No neighbors, no traffic, no big city hassles. Just give me a 4X4, big screen TV, satelite dish, nice computer and lots of guns! Phone first!

Frazod

Thinking paradise would be a place where I can shoot a deer standing on my deck in my underwear and eat it for lunch!

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2000, 10:19 PM
Fraz - And you make fun of people from Iowa? ummmmK.

lmiller
08-31-2000, 10:19 PM
Pam,
I'll be leaving Sunday morning from Omaha to KC. 2 1/2 hours later, I'll be in Arrowhead parking lot sniffing the BBQ and drinking the last of my road trip brew. At 3:00pm, after a Chiefs victory, I will be pleasantly snoozing on my way back to Omaha, ready for another fun-filled night of U.S. Postal Service bliss. Enjoy the game! I know I will.

milkman
08-31-2000, 10:26 PM
Morph, just what exactly are you implying?

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 10:29 PM
I'll be in San Diego with my daughter for her team's soccer tournament. Probably won't get to see any of the game, but will try to find it on a radio station...<BR>

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 10:30 PM
Anybody ever been to Bartlesville, OK? I spent a lifetime there one year... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 10:32 PM
What? No one gonna watch the Jerry Lewis Telethon? Don't you remember those Torey Time MD Carnival Kits? Don't you remember trying to get your mom to drive you down to the TV station so you could show off your collections (and yourselves)?

I know I won't be watching...

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

lmiller
08-31-2000, 10:38 PM
Is that Bartlesville or Blytheville? As an Air Force vet, I can appreciate it being the latter. Seen my share of B-52 action in my time. And no, I don't mean the "Love Shack".

------------------
Not disgruntled....yet.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2000, 10:39 PM
Fly - Oh man, I'm going to miss that, darn the luck.

Morphius
Never did like those stupid things.

Woodrow
08-31-2000, 10:48 PM
Fly:

Tell all the guys at ARCO pipeline "Hi" for me will you? I spent to many days there when I was a corrosion engineer for them.

Pam:

I'm heading to the metropolis of Norborne, Missouri!!! Woohoo! At least I can pick up KC stations from there!!

B^2

Woodrow
08-31-2000, 10:48 PM
Fly:

Tell all the guys at ARCO pipeline "Hi" for me will you? I spent to many days there when I was a corrosion engineer for them.

Pam:

I'm heading to the metropolis of Norborne, Missouri!!! Woohoo! At least I can pick up KC stations from there!!

B^2

Duck Dog
08-31-2000, 11:13 PM
Wow, I forgot about the telethon. My sisters and I used to have contests to see who could stay up the longest.

Might try to watch some of it sunday night. Pam