PDA

View Full Version : This has to be THE BEST quotation from Rison as a Raider!!

stevieray
09-01-2000, 12:03 AM
The Modesto Bee, 8/31/00, page C-4, under Raider Notebook column (Jim Jenkins reporting)

It chronicles Rison's multiple brushes with the law that included the $158,000 in bad checks, $34,000 in child support due, another $200,000 that a neighbor loaned him in Kansas, and the River Falls bar fight. Then the following paragraph before his classic quote:

The five-time Pro Bowler maintains he has been unfairly portrayed as one of the NFL's bad boys.

"I'm a beautiful father and I live a beautiful life," he said. "I'm not saying I've been a saint. I'm not saying I'm perfect and I'm not saying I'm wrong. I'm a Raider."

(I'm still wiping up the morning coffee that spewed through my nostrils after reading this quote!)

Cannibal
09-01-2000, 12:18 AM
Yeah, he's said some silly things while over here when you put them in the context of what he has done. I just listed a bunch of his quotes from his chat he had today in another post below, and if you put them in the context of what he's getting charged with, I thought they were pretty funny... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif