PDA

View Full Version : New uniforms?

Cannibal
08-31-2000, 08:06 AM
My apologies if someone else already posted this, I didn' see it.

From Flanagan http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/sports.pat,sports/3774b899.830,.html

The most-guarded information out at Arrowhead Stadium these days isn't that Tony Richardson is the Chiefs' new starting halfback.

No, the real top-secret stuff has to do with what changes have been made to the Chiefs uniforms, which will be unveiled Sunday against the Colts.

No one is revealing what or how significant the uniform changes will be (it apparently is a matter of national security). We couldn't even pry out the scoop from the man at the top, Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt.

"We're going to have some wrinkles that are a little different," Hunt told The Star's Adam Teicher. "Nothing radical, but we'll have some things that will be a little different."

Could you be a tad more specific?

"It'll wait," Hunt said. "But it's not radical like some other teams. I didn't recognize the Patriots when I saw them on TV. They're good-looking uniforms, but I'm a believer that things need to look sort of like they've looked in the past."

Hmmm.

Well, one pretty good guess is that you'll see some tribute on the uniforms to Derrick Thomas, perhaps in the form of a No. 58 patch.

Another rumor around NFL circles is that the Chiefs have requested to use their red pants on occasions again. <P>

JOhn
08-31-2000, 08:24 AM
Ya know, i think it would be kind of groovy to see a new uniform. we'll see what they look like, what does everyone else think?
kcmax

Coogs
08-31-2000, 08:28 AM
If they change those pitiful road white-pant, white-shirt, goofy *** red shoulder stripe unis, I'm all for it!!

But I love the home digs just the way they are. DT patch would be AOK w/ me.

------------------
ct
[i]'Don't think meat, just throw.'</I>

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2000, 08:37 AM
Duplicate, sorry.

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 08-31-2000).]

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2000, 08:37 AM
I'm still hoping for an arrowhead on the sleeve, that is all I want.

Joe Seahawk
08-31-2000, 08:45 AM
jsut when i thought i couldn't get any more excited about going to the game, this happens. i am so pumped, i can't even wait

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-31-2000, 09:08 AM
I hope it's Red pants! An arrowhead on the sleeve or shoulder would be very cool as well! Guess it's time to purchase a new jersey!

Lurker Brett
08-31-2000, 09:15 AM
What a brilliant marketing idea.

I wish they'd go back to the helmets they wore in SBIV.

Cannibal
08-31-2000, 09:18 AM
I'm guessing maybe new trim, some darkening of the red, new shoulder insignia, and a tweaking of the arrowhead on the helmet. Hopefully they didn't screw anything up. But hopefully it is more than just some stupid minor change like changing the stripes on the socks or something like that. I'm excited.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2000, 09:22 AM
It is weird that they would wait to do this after the authentic shirts are already on sale. Which would lead that it could be the pants change, but I hope it is an arrowhead, cause then I will rush out and get one. Any other change would mean next to nothing to me.

darkchief
08-31-2000, 09:35 AM
I wish that teams would stick to the older style uniforms. There have been a couple of good changes, like the Bucs & the Patriots(their 1st uni change). But I would rather the teams keep there traditional uniforms instead of changing every few years.

htismaqe
08-31-2000, 09:40 AM
Bob Dole wants to see the old 6-state logo with the tomahawk wielding, savage chief.

(Bob Dole just felt the need to be politically incorrect for a moment.)

Snapper
08-31-2000, 09:40 AM
I love the old home uniforms. My girlfriend would like less yellow used. I don't know about that, ut think they need some help with the road uniforms.

Hoover

darkchief
08-31-2000, 09:53 AM
TEST

[This message has been edited by mizzou5 (edited 08-31-2000).]

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 12:31 PM
So our secret weapon is... red pants?!
May the football gods help us!

(I hated them in the 70's. I'll hate them again...)

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Mike
08-31-2000, 03:13 PM
The new uniforms have me even more excited for Sunday now. I know it won't be anything stupid or too different (not even as different as the Patriots).

Smltheppl
08-31-2000, 06:44 PM
Unnamed sources have told me the new look will be red pants with large white stripe...
A good look if you're askin' me...
It's not to radical...yet different and should help EG distinguish his receivers from the opponents who wear white paints on the road...such as the Colts.

I like it!

sd4chiefs
08-31-2000, 06:45 PM
I just want gray face masks...

AZ

Cannibal
08-31-2000, 06:47 PM
Hmm, someone mentioned this earlier elsewhere, you think the Chiefs might elect to wear the road uni's this Sunday since it is going to be so hot, and thus make Indy wear their darker home colors under the sun? It is something I would certainly elect to do...

milkman
08-31-2000, 06:49 PM
I'd personally like it if they got away from the yellow to more of a gold color. That would be nice. Arrowheads on the jerseys works, too. No problem here with the red pants. Just hope they don't do anything nasty or screw with the helmet.

Ugly Duck
08-31-2000, 09:51 PM
What I was thinking DaWolf. Remember a few years back when J-ville did the same thing to us in like the 2nd game of the season? It did seem to have some kind of psycological effect because I seem to remember the comentators talking about how tired the chiefs looked.

Personally I don't care too much for all of the uniform changes we see in sports. As much as I dislike the Nittany Lions, I have to admit they have THE best unis in sports. It is simple, throwback, and traditional. As for the Chiefs I would like to see at home keeping the same unis with maybe a gray face mask and a DT-58 patch on one sleeve, kinda like the GSH on the Bears sleeve for Papa Bear. As for red pants on the road, that brings back bad memories of the 80's when I was a wee one and we sucked to high heaven. I like all white the way they are.

As for what I think will be changed, maybe the numbers on the jerseys will be shadowed, and the same with the arrowhead on the helmet. I can handle this but any other change is a departure from tradition to me.

milkman
08-31-2000, 09:52 PM
Somebody on the other board suggested red jersey WITH red pants. That sounds intriguing - a totally new look without really changing anything.

Ugly Duck
08-31-2000, 10:12 PM
I don't know about that frazod. We would look like some of these college teams out there.

I have to admit though that it would look pretty cool to see 80,000 people wearing with a team covered in red and a few colts players in white.

The Blessed Virgin Larry
08-31-2000, 10:12 PM
The KC Arrrowhead Logo would look good on the sides of the sleeves - like the Vikings and 49'ers have. IMHO, the Chiefs uniforms don't need changing, they have withstood the test of time. With all the changes to the game, not to mention the players attitudes these days, preserving the past - even if it's only the uniforms, is a good thing!

stevieray
08-31-2000, 11:19 PM
So this was the reason they closed practice?

NO WAY to those Disco Red pants of the late 70s and 80s! Way too many memories of horrible football.

Fatten up the Arrowhead on the helmet (ala Super Bowl IV), shadow the numbers (like the 49ers did), and put "DT" on the shoulders (ala GSH on the Bears uniforms).

Anything else is uncivilized...