PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet News and Commentary

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 02:18 PM
Ok. I am putting together (actually my friend is) the new cover page and the ONE thing missing is a news/commentary section. I propose that we (as a BBS) contribute articles that will get approved by a set of "CONTRIBUTING EDITORS." These editors will contribute the bulk of the content and approve any content that gets submitted by the rest of the BBS. Any ideas or suggestions? Good idea? Bad idea? Any ideas on people from the BBS with good writing skills?

To start with I am nominating Gaz and AZChief(Drew).

Duck Dog
08-31-2000, 02:21 PM
I think that Bob Dole would be a great choice!!! Plus if you add his picture, it would bring a whole population of females as well (haha)

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-31-2000, 02:23 PM
I've seen more than just Bob Dole's picture, I've seen him in person......

And I agree, Bob is very attractive. He has a very smashing *** , as well.

alanm
08-31-2000, 02:25 PM
I don't think I am qualified to edit anyone's article, but I would be glad to read it and provide feedback to the author before "publication." It would be a good idea to submit it to several "regulars" at random to get multiple perspectives. Any changes should be made by the author.

i before e, except after c or when sounded like a as in neighbor or weigh.

xoxo~
gaz
expects he would bristle at being edited.<BR>

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 02:28 PM
Gaz,

I agree. The "editors" don't actual edit anything...but we need a set group of people to approve articles and commentary and also contribute their own (hence the title "contributing editor"). The approval process would be as simple as if three of the five editors give an article the ok then it goes up.

Sound good?

[This message has been edited by AustinChief (edited 08-31-2000).]

Duck Dog
08-31-2000, 02:29 PM
KPHOBIA

I have yet not had the pleasure of meeting him or seeing his smashing &%$. Since he was not able to make it to the last bb sworie.

But all joking aside, I think he would be a great writer. Just don't know if he would have the time always.

alanm
08-31-2000, 02:37 PM
AustinChief-

Sounds fine. I like the idea of sending a potential article out to randomly-selected regulars. That way, you get a wider perspective on the articles. If you have a set group of reviewers, you are going to narrow the scope of articles. Since you have everyone's email address, we should be able to set up a revolving system of "editors" for review. You could set it up so that there are a couple of regular editors and a number of revolving positions [like the UN Security Council, to pick a less-than-flattering example].

xoxo~
gaz
prepared to pound a tennis shoe on his desk.<BR>

Duck Dog
08-31-2000, 02:41 PM
YOu could use me to proofread. I can not spell worth a hoot, but I can proofread and offer suggestions.

When it is someone else's papers, I can usually spot errors.

Duck Dog
08-31-2000, 02:42 PM
I also have the resoruces of three English teachers.

Bob Dole is still the best choice for editor IMHO

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 02:46 PM
Gaz,
That sounds great!
How about 5 "contributing editors" and 4 "at large" editors each week. Then as soon as an article gets approval from at least 4 editors, it would go online.

So any ideas as to the 5 "contributing editors"?

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 02:49 PM
dawsonpa,

Thanks!
This thing is starting to come together!
OK we need some more nominations...
and we need at least one who actually lives in KC.

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-31-2000, 02:49 PM
How about volunteers! I certainly don't wish to nominate anyone that doesn't want to participate. Solicite volunteers and we can choose from them.

alanm
08-31-2000, 02:50 PM
If you don't include Bob Dole, you will have Pam to deal with...

xoxo~
gaz
fears that scorned wrath.

Duck Dog
08-31-2000, 02:52 PM
Na, Gaz, was just trying to rouse the OLD senator.

Volunteers would be great. I will help any way I can!!!

Pam

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 02:53 PM
Volunteers...nominations..whatever...

I'm just trying to get some people on board...I just figured that nominations might garner a bigger response. It's a lot easier pushing someone else out on the stage than climbing out into the light yourself!

OK. So are there any volunteers or more nominations?

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2000, 02:55 PM
If I can help out in any capacity let me know. I think it would be fun.

Mosbonian
08-31-2000, 03:00 PM
I have a suggestion for a weekly feature called

The Other Side

We get MileHigh (Brad), Joe Seahawk, and Hawaiian Boy (JQ) to rotate in articles from fans of the other Western Division clubs. We do not have any reps that are SD fans that I know of, just a couple of people like myself who are KC fans residing in SD. I do not know what we would do about that.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

alanm
08-31-2000, 03:01 PM
Perhaps a job description would help.

I, for example, do not live in KC. So I have no perspective on local events. I am limited to second-hand information from the media and the 'net and my own understanding of the game. To my credit, I do have a working knowledge of English and no fear of hurling my opinion into the crowd. If that qualifies me to review and comment on proposed articles, I would be glad to pitch in.

And if anyone is shy about nominating him/herself in public, could they email you directly?

xoxo~
gaz
shooting for a wide range of input on articles.<BR>

alanm
08-31-2000, 03:02 PM
Jim-

Excellent idea.

xoxo~
gaz
values an anti-Homer view on occasion.<BR>

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2000, 03:03 PM
I think logical would be a good person to nominate.

Dr. Red
08-31-2000, 03:05 PM
I would 2nd that Morph.

alanm
08-31-2000, 03:06 PM
Perhaps rather than volunteers for the duty, is there anyone who would OBJECT to reviewing proposed articles?

I am a little uneasy with the idea of permanent editors. I am very fond of the egalitarian nature of this board and would like to see the maximum possible number of folks join in this effort. Although I hoot when Boeing shoves it down my throat, I am a big fan of diversity.

xoxo~
gaz
calling all prospective editors to the fore.<BR>

Duck Dog
08-31-2000, 03:09 PM
Gaz,

Did you say Boeing???
Where do ya live?

My father-in-law,
Husband's uncle and aunt
and stepmom all work at Boeing in Wichita. Stepmom-in-law works at the Training place on Webb road I think Quality through training or something like that.

alanm
08-31-2000, 03:11 PM
I live in Derby and work [to use the term very loosely] in Wichita.

xoxo~
gaz
stuck in DooDah.

AustinChief
08-31-2000, 03:12 PM
Gaz,
Anyone who wants to volunteer or nominate someone privately...send me an email at KyleT@kw.com.

Logical,
I know of at least one SD fan who seems literate ( as much as a SD fan could be).
So we probably can cover that. I agree with the idea of putting a "different perspective" section and ALSO I suggest that we try to get at least one article from one of the upcoming opponent's fans.

Does that sound good?

--Kyle

Duck Dog
08-31-2000, 03:13 PM
Gaz,
Do you know a Keith or Cindy Dawson????

sd4chiefs
08-31-2000, 04:40 PM
I appreciate the nomination( http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif) and would be glad to help in any way I can. I think the idea of having an enemy rep is excellent. Pineapple (JQ) is really an intelligent guy and knows his 'ball. He's a lock, IMO, for being a Raida Rep. Ugly Duck could also contribute. I think it would be fun to get an "old timer" to write a piece about the early days at Ol' Muni Stadium and when the Texans relocated.

Any of you remember how great '86 was? KC finally made the playoffs!! What about the emergence of that elusive star tailback! Only to lose him tragically...

An article or two on tailgating food might be fun as well. I'm always looking for something to eat!

Let me know what I can do. I agree with the majority here. The more people participating the better.

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

Mosbonian
08-31-2000, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the nominations.

I would be willing to participate.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

redshirt32
08-31-2000, 08:25 PM
I am no Ernest Hemingway, but would love the opportunity to assist by reviewing proposed articles.

PLease count me in, if I may volunteer....

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

stevieray
08-31-2000, 11:33 PM
Here's a suggestion that may merit consideration:

How about aritcles from fans who have attended ROAD games involving the Chiefs?

There are some of us who can give an "in the stands" game report of how the fans were treating us and/or situations that do not come across on television.

I know what it is like to be in Arrowhead with 78,000 screaming Chiefs fan behind you.
It is quite a bit different when you are surrounded by the opposing fans who consider you their postgame meal.

I'll volunteer for the Raiders (11/5) and the 49ers (11/12) games if this idea is palatable.

htismaqe
09-01-2000, 06:17 AM
Bob Dole would be happy to help any way possible.

(Bob Dole is a little concerned about Phil's commentary, however...)

alanm
09-01-2000, 07:07 AM
dawsonpa-

No, that doesn't ring a bell.

xoxo~
gaz
socially impaired.

alanm
09-01-2000, 07:11 AM
I also like the idea of descriptions of away games.

"Injun Behind Enemy Lines."

xoxo~
gaz
couch potato correspondent.<BR>

DaKCMan AP
09-01-2000, 07:14 AM
Injun - Sounds pretty cool to me, I like it.