PDA

View Full Version : Lockett is our BEST Receiver

09-03-2000, 08:42 PM
He has GREAT hands. Catches everything. He is fearless. He clearly out classed DA. Morris is the real deal and will surpass Lockett later this season once he hones his skills. Until then Kevin is the man. If DA doesn't step it up and give us a third threat TG will have a long hard year.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

Sackman
09-03-2000, 08:44 PM
Only if he's able to play two hand touch the rest of the year. Unfourtunately, he has to be able to get off the line against a corner. He can't.

------------------
Donkhater

09-03-2000, 08:48 PM
I'm not saying he is without fault. But still the same he is our best WR. When Morris comes into his own he will be a force for years. Until then TG will be doubled and tripled all year.

------------------
~Duckaholic~

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2000, 08:54 PM
I disagree. Morris, IMO, is clearly our best WR. He led our team with 58yds recieving on 3 catches, and showed exceptional leaping ability and hands. I used to be very high on Lockett but he still has trouble getting off the line. I think he's better suited to be a career #3 WR.

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2000, 08:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, i like Lockett and think he's a great posession reciever, but I don't think he has what it takes to be a starter. Morris, IMO, has already passed him.

09-03-2000, 09:02 PM
Yes, Morris is the real deal. He and TG will give teams fits for seasons to come. But Lockett flat catches everything. He has clearly out shown DA. I could be biased...I'm Cat backer...as in WildCats.

------------------
~Duckaholic~

DaKCMan AP
09-03-2000, 09:06 PM
I agree, he catches everything, but that doesn't matter if he can't get open. He had 2 catches as a starter. I wasn't focusing on him all game, but that tells me he's not getting open enough (although he was open on 4th down in the end zone http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif ). Morris is a better player, hands down.

09-03-2000, 09:16 PM
Morrris will be our #1 next year. DA will remain our #1 for this season. Lockett is plagued by lack of strength. But his ability to make to great catch is un matched by any we have. If Elvis looked to him more..it would show. Every time the replay camara was behind Elvis it was obvious he looks at only one target. So that makes it tough to evaluate. Clearly SM is our future, but he needs work on routs..that will come. What was up with TG and all the dropped passes. He was doubl;ed and trippled all game..and will be all year. Until we show we have more weapons. Which IMO we do ...Lockett. He doesn't give us a long ball threat..but he can move the chains..unlike DA.

------------------
~Duckaholic~

redshirt32
09-03-2000, 09:23 PM
I couldn't agree more. Lockett is the man. As for not always being open, how can you tell, Grbac usally throws to the wrong guy.

Also a biased FUTURE Cat backer. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!