PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Buzzbait
09-04-2000, 10:26 PM
No ... nothing particular about Denver, but where would you rank that game tonight in the recent history of Monday Night Football games?

Honestly - I'd have to say it's among the best. Everyone on this board was expecting 500 yds and 40 pts from the Rams, but nothing close to that was expected from Denver.

My hats off to both teams - finally a game that was thrilling to watch from beginning to end!

GO DENVER!!!!!!!

ct
09-04-2000, 10:29 PM
That was a great game, in spite of Dennis Miller. Games like that is what gets the good ratings, not comedians in the booth. I agree Congrats to both teams.

alanm
09-04-2000, 10:30 PM
Great game interesting to see Denver hung in there. Denver just mioght win the division if they can keep the playbook open like that.

One point I'd like to make. If that was Grbac stepping beyond the line of scrimmage to throw that Td. Man... all BB servers would go down. hehe.

Luzap
09-04-2000, 10:31 PM
Actually, I thought the game kinda sucked. Sure, it had a lot of action and tons of scoring if that's your thing. I prefer to see a little defensive strategy, a tackle being made now & then, special teamers actually staying in their lanes. It was akin to watching major league baseball played off a tee. Enver and St. Louis played sloppy defensively. When either of them encounters a team with a D, they'll have some trouble.

alanm
09-04-2000, 10:32 PM
another thing... Too bad next weeks game will be a dud. New England @ NY Jets. Why do they do that to us. I'd like to see Cleveland and Cinci that or SF and Carolina... those will be of the same magnitude. Or even Indi and Radiers.

DaKCMan AP
09-04-2000, 10:34 PM
No kidding. The "Tuna Bowl" hype was getting old last year, and now with Groh at head coach...

Who schedules this stuff?

Snapper
09-04-2000, 10:48 PM
Brad,
Great game! Griese showed alot of poise especially when the Donx got behind by a couple of TD's. I was durprised that the Donx stayed with the Rams, especially on turf. Man, are the Rams built for their place or what? Still, I'm probably in the minority here, but I would rather see some defense. I liked the Bills Titans Sunday night better because of all the defense. Still, much to be proud of if your a Donx fan.

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 11:05 PM
Like KPhobia, I am a defensive man, myself.

However, to keep the interest of the common man, offenses are now helped by rules to be more of an impact.

As far as high scoring games, it was interesting..... but give me a 10-7 game anyday.

TheBigChief
09-04-2000, 11:09 PM
I second what Russ said...
Poor defense and poor tackling make me ill....

Florida St could have put points on the board against those defenses.

The Rams do have sick speed, especially on turf, though.

TheBigChief
09-04-2000, 11:12 PM
And another thing... whats up with all those passes to the middle of the field without the WR's having to pay the price.....Atwater,Lott or Tatum would have laid someone out, penalty or not, just to send the WR's a message.

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 11:14 PM
HB - I agree. It is worth a shot or two to make them think the rest of the game.

Bump and Run is dead.... long live the Pass Interference.

htismaqe
09-04-2000, 11:19 PM
Wow, we lost, but Broncos looked great! Sure we have a pretty week D, but fortunetly we will not be running into an offense like that until the post season. Furtunate for all of you that you don't like offensive shootouts (you probably won't be an one anytime soon).

KPhobia and AustinChief, I like the way that you two picked your teams to lose this week. Die Hard Chiefs fans... unless it means winning a pick competition on the internet!!

TheBigChief
09-04-2000, 11:22 PM
broncofan,

Were you Vance Johnson on the Star BB?

just curious........

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 11:26 PM
"but fortunetly we will not be running into an offense like that until the post season"

Why are bronco fans like poultry futures experts.... because both are counting their chickens before they hatch.

As far as not picking your team on an internet BB, I am not sure that defines your ability to be a fan. Can someone show me where this is written?

htismaqe
09-04-2000, 11:26 PM
hawaiianboy,

I am proud of you, you picked your own team to win. And, I am willing to bet that you would every weekend, even if Oakland played the Colts!

htismaqe
09-04-2000, 11:28 PM
I guess you didn't either KCWolfman.

TheBigChief
09-04-2000, 11:30 PM
broncofan,

To paraphrase Wesley Snipes...

I always bet on black!!

htismaqe
09-04-2000, 11:32 PM
Hell yah you do! Because your a Oakland Fan. I am starting to wonder about these KC guys.

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 11:33 PM
Bronco Fan - So you are stating that only true fans bet on their own team, regardless of realism, eh?

Again, I need to see where this is a given other than in denver.

BTW - IF that is the case, I am sure a great many Colorado natives lost a great deal last year.

htismaqe
09-04-2000, 11:34 PM
KCWolfman,

I was right wasn't I? You chose the Colts to win!

htismaqe
09-04-2000, 11:37 PM
KCWolfman,

Being a moderator, shouldn't you be able to go and change that?

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 11:38 PM
Bronc fan, you didn't answer my question..

Where is the basis of fandom written? I missed it and I need clarification on several topics.

Seems to me if you are a blind homer and silly enough to believe that your team will be 16-0, you shouldn't be wasting time on another BB than your own team, nor should you ever go to an away game as it would generate primary and secondary revenue for the opposing city, nor should you keep any jerseys of players traded or dropped......

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 11:40 PM
Bronco fan, more important to me than "Changing that" is being honest.... to myself, in all aspects.

htismaqe
09-04-2000, 11:44 PM
KCWolfman,

Here is the way it works. You always have to hope, and you always have to believe. That is what, in the end, creates a true passion for anything! Give your team the benefit of the doubt next time, it won't hurt to bad if you get one less point in the NFL pickem contest!

The 6-10 broncos played the defending super bowl champs in thier home tonight, and it never occured to me to doubt the Broncos. I did them justice, and they did me justice... even in a loss.

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 11:46 PM
Bronco Fan - If you truly expected them to win, then they did let you down, period.

Realism has to eventually set in.

Either you accepted that they would probably lose before the game began or if you played blind homer then you were blasted by the loss.

Seeing signs of squiggling already beginning on this board, too.

htismaqe
09-04-2000, 11:52 PM
KCwolfman,

Every single Moderator on this board picked the colts to win the game! What were you saying about squiggling. I have to go, wrestle with your own conscience!(It will help if you point out that it did not payoff for me to pick the Broncos tonight - I did win one less game in the pick contest!)

AustinChief
09-04-2000, 11:54 PM
bronco - Wrestle with my conscience??? LOL, This must be alot more important to you than me.

I would hate to see your moral dilemmas as you failed to clean your plate, did not do 100% on your job at every moment, and went a couple of miles over the speed limit.

I am glad that you think it is important enough to be wrong merely to say you are a fan.... unfortunately, I do not see it as you do.

Kurt Surber
09-04-2000, 11:58 PM
Bronco chant this year 6-10 let's do it again

Luzap
09-05-2000, 12:02 AM
I supposed I'm supposed to draft all Chiefs for my fantasy football team as well. Jeesh, that's just stupid, BroncoFan!

Luzap
09-05-2000, 12:04 AM
Oh MY - every moderator picked the Colts to beat the Chiefs this weekend? We should all be severely beaten and then fired! Or maybe we should be given medals for being objective & realistic enough to know how to pick smart.... Are you participating on our Pick'em contest, BroncoFan?

Buzzbait
09-05-2000, 05:31 AM
KPhobia, Russ and HB...

I agree that both defenses played poorly, but admittedly ... even your best defensive teams have shootouts sometimes. No, Denver isn't in that 'best defensive team' category.

Everyone knew Denver would have to be in a 'shoot out' to win or even compete and they stepped up to the plate.

10-7 games suck. I'd like to see a 27-24 game, with scoring and solid defense.

ChiefsAlltheWay
09-05-2000, 05:35 AM
That was the best Monday night game in a long time. Probably the best since that Chiefs-Broncos game in 94. The Chiefs have been in a few good Monday night games, but something about Denver being on Monday night seems to bring out the best in both teams.

AustinChief
09-05-2000, 06:20 AM
Sorry Brad - When you start letting the WR get away with so much and throwing flags when the corner burps and upsets the WR's rhythm, it changes the game from football to a friendly game of keep away with the DB being stuck in between the QB and the WR....

Just doesn't seem that exciting to me.

Buzzbait
09-05-2000, 06:30 AM
Wow ... you guys are amazing. Now, it's unthinkable for a ref to throw a PI flag in Denver's favor when it actually happens.

flowergirl
09-05-2000, 07:46 AM
It was like watching an NBA All Star game! Some spectacular plays on offense, and no defense to speak of. It was entertaining & sloppy at the same time.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

badger
09-05-2000, 07:47 AM
Both teams looked great on Offense and horrible on defense.

Expected the Donks Defense to look bad, but was suprised by their O. T Davis didn't have the burst or cut back up the middle that he had a couple years back. His only really long run came on a sweep (with no cut back) that he didn't even have to make a move till 10 yards down field. Greise actually looked pretty good till the pressure on the last drive. Thats why I will hold my judgement on the Donks offense being better this year than last. The Rams put absolutely zero pressure on Griese last night. Think most teams will use the same D they did last year. Stuff the run and come at Griese at all times. If Griese can make them pay, it could be a much improved offense. Till that happens still say the chiefs sweep!

Luzap
09-05-2000, 08:00 AM
Don't get me wrong, Brad - Donks O looked really good. Too bad the only people playing D was Romo & your MLB (dammit-whatsisname).

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 09-05-2000).]

Boise_Chief
09-05-2000, 08:02 AM
Kphobia - Al Wilson

The_Grand_Illusion
09-05-2000, 08:03 AM
It absolutely kills me to say this because I hate the Donx with a passion, but the Rams do have a good pass rush. With Carter and Winstrom and co. This means that Denver must actually have a good O-line to be able to hold a great D-line like the Rams in check for much of the game. Ouch, objectivity hurts!

Luzap
09-05-2000, 08:04 AM
Yeah, Wilson - thanks Chitown.

Is Wilson hurt or did he just cramp up a little?

AustinChief
09-05-2000, 08:08 AM
Well, to me Griese has shown that his game is dramatically improved. However, he still has one quality that he has to provide - consistency. If he can perform like that game in and game out, they'll be good.

I'm going on record right now to say that he can't.

Denver's offense won't put out like that every game. They better do something about their D, or they could be in real trouble.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
[i]baked...not fried</I>

htismaqe
09-05-2000, 08:31 AM
htismaqe,

And I will go on record right now and say that Grbac WILL NOT HAVE ONE game as good as Griese's first this season, He didn't last YEAR! Over 300 yards, 2 passing TD's, one rushing TD, and no interceptions.

Broncos may have problem areas, but after last night, I think that Griese proved he is not one of them. Make fun of our defense, you won't look like an idiot!

htismaqe
09-05-2000, 08:35 AM
KPhobia,

I was wondering the same thing, I hope that he is not hurt. He and Romo are all we've got right now on that side of the ball.