PDA

View Full Version : Russ-Question for you.....

Bob Dole
09-06-2000, 08:52 PM
Here is what you said;

"Kurt - I guess if I just wanted to be negative all day and work to find nothing good about the team, I could agree with you. However, I have never understood the concept of working to be unhappy."

Frankly, if you aren't blind you don't have to work to be unhappy with this squad. Now the question;

How is it that you react when the squad has just made their fifth mental error caused by lack of dicipline (on your own field)in one short quarter of football? Do you stand in your seat and cheer, what is your chant? Please enlighten me, since I am so wrong, maybe you can help me be right. <P>

AustinChief
09-06-2000, 09:02 PM
Kurt, Wow - back off the defenses... I never stated you were wrong. I merely pointed out that it is not in my nature to constantly look for negatives. If that is the way you view this team, then you should thank goodness that you did not follow the Rams before last year.

I don't like the mental mistakes and I get angry, but I don't understand why certain people deliberately look hard enough to find a negative in everything the Chiefs do. Even if the team were 0-16, I would still go to games and follow them. I would not be happy with the results, but I wouldn't berate every player, staff member, and coach for every single moment of their football and private lifes.

I have stated negatives with the team. If you ask me direct questions I will give direct answers. I threw a fit when Bam was brought on board. I stated that I didn't like the idea of Cunningham coaching. I complained that Thomas and Simmons were not dealt with equally 3 years ago.

But I just don't understand the thought process of anyone who constantly berates a team and still feels compelled to post about them. Unless it is somehow related to your job, I simply can't comprehend where the passion comes from to do so.<BR>

Bob Dole
09-06-2000, 09:09 PM
Russ, I see,and I agree.

You said; "But I just don't understand the thought process of anyone who constantly berates a team and still feels compelled to post about them."

Who does that? Who are you talking about?

BTW, haven't we been down this Rams road before? I think you know that I followed the Rams before last year, just wasn't real vocal about it. Why the slam?

AustinChief
09-06-2000, 09:12 PM
Kurt - Mea Culpa. I guess the denial slam got under my skin, so I threw it back.

As far as the comment on constantly berate people, I wasn't including you... In fact, I am sure that most here know exactly who I am referring to. He was just my perfect example of 'hatred for no purpose defined'.

If you previously followed the Rams during their horror years, then you realize exactly what I am talking about in #1.

G_Man
09-06-2000, 09:19 PM
Kurt - I hope you don't mind if I jump in on this one, so maybe you can see better where I'm coming from.

There are things that absolutly drive me nuts, no crossing routes for our WR's, Dan Williams, non bump and run defense, Dan Williams, the fact that the RB is still a ?, Mike Stock, Dan Williams, Jimmy Raye, and did I mention Dan Williams. A couple of those plays you talked about were Dan Williams, probably pouting about benching, but I think he should be put on the list of players not to play this weekend. That will hurt is career from here on out. I just wish we could afford to drop the moron. I also well never forget the 6 runs to start the game and the attempt of a sweep play to our slowest RB.

I try to watch the game for the good points as well though, I thought we made some pretty sure tackles in the game, a big improvment. I thought Wesley and the rookies played well, which was my biggest fear. Moreau played better then I thought he would, and even had a good inside run. Grbac played acceptable, only a couple of mistakes and his only INT was when his arm was hit (laughing at all the people who were begging for Kitna).

AustinChief
09-06-2000, 09:24 PM
Morph - Those same people were screaming for Plummer two years ago and White in last year's preseason.

Bob Dole
09-06-2000, 09:24 PM
Russ-You make a very valid point about my following the Rams. The difference was that I could just walk away from all of their boneheaded moves and not freak about it. I wasn't mentally invested in the team like I am the Chiefs. It was just entertainment.

The Chiefs are different. This is serious stuff, it's been a part of my life for over 30 years. I don't enjoy seeing someone destroy "my" team. Frankly I enjoyed them more in the 80's than from 96 to 2000!

WHO in the WORLD could you possibly be talking about BTW? HEE HEE. (Sarcasim.)

AustinChief
09-06-2000, 09:29 PM
Kurt - Sit with me on game day during one of the losses like last Sunday and you will see an entirely different approach to my "style". Nobody likes what comes out of my mouth and it is never pleasant.

However, I strain (not always successfully) to post in a logical detached manner.

BTW- On the other subject, I think I have made my point clear to the other person in question. He can ramble and rant all he wants as long as he doesn't draw me into his equation.