PDA

View Full Version : Kitna...

sd4chiefs
09-07-2000, 10:24 PM
This guy is really going through some mental ****.. First he throws four picks in the opener against Miami, then Holmgren waits til Wednesday to name a starter for the Rams game this week. So Kitna is thinking today...O.k. I'm going to start! (whew) I'm going to practice and study hard for the Rams and earn my job back !

Guess what? Thursday Sep,7 "Kitna leaves practice early after injuring back"

Poor guy is snakebit! No word on the severity of the injury, but he may not start this week, consider this early inside info.....Joe
(Unless the wires already reported it..)

------------------
"life is good"

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 10:29 PM
I think Huard is your better bet anyway. He won't win this week, but if he keeps his cool - he gains valuable experience.

Luzap
09-07-2000, 10:31 PM
I agree with Russ. I never was much of a Kitna fan. Not that I would be a fan of his. But I guess there is a respect that is inherent to divisional QB's that are deserving. I never found Kitna to be deserving, IMHO. (yes, I'm aware he beat us twice last season)

sd4chiefs
09-07-2000, 10:39 PM
Even as a Seahawk fan, I know where you guys are coming from....

Kitna doesnt strike fear into anyone IMO, he does do a pretty good job on occasion but, he has to play over his head to be average(by NFL standards.)

At least Brock has the physical tools, very accurate and a strong arm, also very smart, all he needs is experience. What year better than this to see what you have at the QB position.....

------------------
"life is good"

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 10:44 PM
Joe - Out of curiousity, how will the town react to Mike if he does leave Huard at the helm and suffers a losing season?

On the down side, he is going from best in the West to considerably less.

On the up side, he is picking up a couple of great picks in the draft.

Is Seattle as unforgiving as KC or will the town let Holmgren 'play through' for another year?

sd4chiefs
09-07-2000, 10:50 PM
Russ, Even though there are commercials on tv advertising the Seahawks as
"A championship caliber team" Most knowledgable fans know what is going on...

Holmgren has made it very clear what his long term plan is. and he even explained that this year he had to clean up the previous regimes salary mess.

BTW, Holmgren is taking a lot of heat over those T.V. ad's.

------------------
"life is good"

TEX
09-08-2000, 09:16 AM
Grabac = Kitna

Hoover <BR>

Larry Reed
09-08-2000, 09:39 AM
I thought Kitna was the real deal from when he took over from Moon until about midway through last year. He was poised, confident, intelligent and his arm was accurate if a little underpowered.

And then, he just fell apart. What the heck happened to your man there, Joe?

DoubleWannaB
09-08-2000, 10:33 AM
I bet Kitna is kicking himself for not agreeing to that large contract extention last year.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
joe
"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together!"

sd4chiefs
09-08-2000, 01:18 PM
Kokanee,

Good Question, ever since the Tampa bay game last season he has really struggled, The first half of last year he had the highest qb rating of all the afc QB's. The last half of last year he probably had the worst rating.