PDA

View Full Version : Seattle got screwed

AZChief
09-10-2000, 05:21 PM
not that i really mind that much, but that fumble-pass whatever you want to call it should have been a touchdown for seattle. if you want to call it a fumble then its a touchdown. if they want to call it a pass then he threw it backwards and is then a loose ball. if i was a seattle fan i would be pissed as hell

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

Mike
09-10-2000, 05:24 PM
I have no idea what game you were watching, but his arm was clearly moving forward, and so did the ball which means incomplete pass. If that was a bad call, then someone can make an argument that the Grant Winstrom overturn was incorrect as well.

AZChief
09-10-2000, 05:25 PM
if you look at the replay the ball goes backwards as it leaves his hand.

------------------

AZChief
09-10-2000, 05:26 PM
and i know his arm was moving forward but that still doesn't change the fact that the ball went backwards

------------------

sd4chiefs
09-10-2000, 08:16 PM
At the stadium they only re-played it once so, I was unsure what happened, I am looking forward to seeing it on the highlights.

ST. Louis has a damn good Offense and a shaky defense. Overall I am proud of my team after todays game.
Still sucks to be 0-2 though.........Joe

------------------
"life is good"

ChiefsAlltheWay
09-10-2000, 08:20 PM
Warner's arm and the ball were definitely moving forward. I don't think Kurt meant to release the ball, but none the less, the ball was moving forward and the officials got it right. Seattle should be happy that that Int. by Winstrom was overturned that allowed Seattle to go down & tie the game at 34.

G_Man
09-10-2000, 08:32 PM
Mizzou is right, that INT by Wistrom was not conclusive at any angle, yet they overturned it because one of his hands moved to get better posistion on the ball. So even if it was a bad call it made things equal.

AZChief
09-10-2000, 08:53 PM
i know his arm was going forward but he tried tucking the ball back in. the ball then went backwards. does anyone understand what i'm saying? maybe i'm just misunderstanding the rules here but the ball clearly went backwards.

------------------

sd4chiefs
09-10-2000, 08:57 PM
I understand what you are saying but, We still had a chance to win despite that. Giving up that 3rd and 17 pass with 30 seconds left killed us! Rams are tough to stop,unfortunately the weather was dry and pleasant. Had it been pouring down rain like it was when I woke up today, we would have beat them IMO.....Joe

G_Man
09-10-2000, 08:59 PM
Slim - I saw that too, but if your arm is going forward and the ball slips out it is still a forward pass. At least that is my understanding of the rules, which is what the Ref's must have been thinking.

AZChief
09-10-2000, 09:01 PM
thanks morphius
i thought it was where the ball went and not where his arm was going. cuz i mean when the ball slips out of the qb's hand and then his arm goes forward its a fumble. i just don't understand this rule i guess

------------------

Masonic
09-10-2000, 09:13 PM
If anyone got screwed it was the Rams. The Wistrom overturn was horrible. The game should have been over long before the Warner pass.

sd4chiefs
09-10-2000, 09:41 PM
Looks like a fumble to me... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

http://www.seahawks.com/photos/tez0910.JPG

G_Man
09-10-2000, 09:45 PM
Joe - Wistroms INT looked like a catch too, but what ya gonna do. Welcome to third place, at least you can say it isn't lonely down here.

sd4chiefs
09-10-2000, 09:56 PM
Jeff, I know, I'm not going to make any excuses, the Rams played a good offensive game and we just couldn't quite hang with them. I saw improvement in my team and thats the only positive about it..

It sure sucks to be 0-2 though.

I didn't really get a good look at Winstroms pick, it looked like the ball just bounced off of Ricky's shoulder pad right into his arms, I could not believe it!! They didn't show any replays of that play at the stadium.

Bring on the Saints!.....Joe

------------------
"life is good"

Mi_chief_fan
09-11-2000, 05:44 AM
Joe Seahawk:

I would have to agree that the "pass", was a backward lateral and the 'hawks got screwed. It was a definite lateral because the ball ended up behind him and the ball wasn't hit at all.

What a terrible call!

------------------
bk

wutamess
09-11-2000, 08:45 AM
They showed the replay enough times that everyone should have seen that Warner's hand was IN FRONT of the ball and he brought it back right before he was hit.

A bad call [surprise!] that stole the game from Seattle.

I despise referees.

xoxo~
gaz
would rather play the game on the honor system.<BR>

wutamess
09-11-2000, 08:45 AM
They showed the replay enough times that everyone should have seen that Warner's hand was IN FRONT of the ball and he brought it back right before he was hit.

I despise referees.

xoxo~
gaz

wutamess
09-11-2000, 08:46 AM

I despise referees.

xoxo~
gaz

wutamess

I despise referees.

xoxo~
gaz

wutamess

I despise referees.

xoxo~
gaz

wutamess

I despise referees.

xoxo~
gaz

G_Man
09-11-2000, 08:48 AM
Gaz - Appearntly you feel pretty strongly about that.

ChiefsAlltheWay
09-11-2000, 08:55 AM
I think both calls were right. The int did hit the ground before Winstrom had control of it & Warners arm was moving forwards. The main reason that St Louis won is because they had the ball last.

Luzap
09-11-2000, 11:29 AM
In the Winstrom "int" the ball clearly hit the ground and he rolled over on it. That was correctly overturned. I agree with everyone else that Warner either fumbled or lateralled the ball.

Luzap
09-11-2000, 11:30 AM
mizzou - clearly his arm was moving forward but it was a backwards pass....

ChiefsAlltheWay
09-11-2000, 11:48 AM
I didn't notice whether the pass was backwards on the replay. I think the officials were just looking at whether his arm was moving forwards or not. What I didn't understand is why St Louis didn't run some more time off the clock before that last field goal. Warner could have just taken a knee & let the clock run down to about 10 seconds left & then spike it again.

AZChief
09-11-2000, 03:36 PM
hey mizzou not to be rude or anything, but it doesn't matter what direction his arm is going, the fact is the ball went backwards. they showed the replay several times during the game. i just can't understand what the hell the ref was thinking when he was reviewing that play

------------------