PDA

View Full Version : Things to Thankful For

Boise_Chief
09-15-2000, 11:13 AM
With all the negativity lately, myself included, I thought it would be nice to remember a few things about the Chiefs to be thankful for.

1.) Lamar Hunt - the classiest owner in the League.
2.) Tony Richardson - Great Player - great citizen for the KC Community
3.) Our Interior Line - Hard to find 3 guys (Shields, Grunny and Szott) that played harder and were the foundatiuons to a great Oline the last several years.
4.) Eric Hicks - not the flashiest player on Defense, but his youthful exuberance, and knack for making plays is refreshing to see
5.) Our Young DB's - Great potential mixed with size and speed
6.)Frank Moreau - Don't really know what we have here yet, but he looks like a possible answer to our RB woes.
7.) Gonzo - Our best offensive player, and without a doubt one of the best TE's in the game
8.) Sly Mo - he has shown me everything but beating the defender deep. As soon as we blow the dust off that play, I thnk we are in for a new level of excitement for this team.
9.) Mike Maslowski - I love his intensity and work ethic. What he lacks in skill, he makes up for in desire and intensity. Our best ST's guy.
10.) Having the best damn fans and stadium in the NFL!

I'm sure I've left some obvious things off the list, but the point is, I was getting depressed with all the negativity, and needed a reminder of the positives of my team. Hope this is a pleasant reminder for some of you as well.<BR>

Luzap
09-15-2000, 11:43 AM
Nice post, Chitown. Gotta keep this one near the top! We have too many good citizens to mention each one without slighting someone else but Richardson, Gonzo, & Shields probably lead the pack....

Boise_Chief
09-15-2000, 12:29 PM
One other thing I forgot to mention. I am extremely thankful that since I moved back to Kansas (Wichita, ugh!), I can watch all the Chiefs games from the comfortable confines of my own home vs. begging someone at a smoke filled sports bar in Chicago to put on the Chiefs game. True Happiness Indeed!

DoubleWannaB
09-15-2000, 12:59 PM
I'm thankful that even though we may not have gone to the SB...everyear we have a team that has the potential to go all the way...not many teams can say that...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Snapper
09-15-2000, 01:33 PM
The thing that I'm most thankful for is this year has to be the LAST for Jimmy "3-play" Raye!

elvislivesinkc
09-15-2000, 01:53 PM
I'm thankful that I won't have to shell out thousands of dollars to go to the Super Bowl to watch the Chiefs play.

shakesthecat
09-15-2000, 02:03 PM
All very good to bring up ChiTown! Some other things to be thankful for, as well:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
* The rookies are in the game!! We have a legit youth movement to rebuild with goin on.
* Best young OT tandem in the NFL.
* The Cowboys, Packers, and Seahawks are also 0-2. If only the Faidahs and Donks were too...
* No more Bad Mood Rison, Bong Morris, or 'Bendover' Vanover on our roster.
</UL>

ct

[This message has been edited by coryt (edited 09-15-2000).]

shakesthecat
09-15-2000, 03:46 PM
We're all quite adept at pointing out the negative, does anyone else have something positive to be thankful for(re. KC Chiefs, that is)?

ct

09-15-2000, 03:56 PM
Cory, ironicaly enough, you managed two negative responses out of 4.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>