PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or are the Chiefs invisible?

BoatBuilder
09-17-2000, 09:17 PM
I was surfing the web looking for Chiefs articles, and it seems a couple major sites (ESPN.com and NFL.com) have totally ignored the Chiefs' accomplishments today.

None of the weekly power rankings include the chiefs in their top teams of the week, and not one analyst except Mortensen had anything to say, good or bad, about KC.

And Tom Jackson choosing Mike Anderson as offensive player of the week? What the (*#%, did nobody see the Chiefs game?

Buzzbait
09-17-2000, 09:23 PM
KC rolled over a bad Chargers' team at Arrowhead, like they should have done... and you're looking for major pub?

Not to be mean, but it was the Chargers. KC is 1-2. If KC had done this to Indy or Tenn, then you can bet your life that you would be reading #1 articles on every site.

Beat Denver like that at Mile High, and you will get what you want. (chuckle) http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

But, there is no way in hell KC will win at Denver next week. Just go ahead and accept the fact that KC will be 1-3. I'm sure they'll play Denver tough and the game will be close, maybe even a low scoring affair.

But, there is NO WAY KC wins at Denver. Sorry...

BoatBuilder
09-17-2000, 10:11 PM
Hi, I guess you're the resident donkey fan on this board! So do you actually live in Colorado? I live in Golden, but I drink Budweiser and I root for the Chiefs. Needless to say, I'm a fish out of water here. You going to the game next week? I actually found two tickets together in sec. 128; it's been six years since I've watched the Chiefs in person, and I can't wait!

BoatBuilder
09-17-2000, 10:13 PM
Oh, and by the way, I just saw that Sylvester Morris made the statistical rankings for wide receivers of the week on ESPN, and Elvis is in contention (a close second behind Faulk) for offensive player of the week! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Kurt Surber
09-17-2000, 10:16 PM
KC will win by 10 in Denver<BR>

BoatBuilder
09-17-2000, 10:20 PM
Oh, and by the way, I just saw that Sylvester Morris made the statistical rankings for wide receivers of the week on ESPN, and Elvis is in contention (a close second behind Faulk) for offensive player of the week! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Raiderhader
09-17-2000, 10:24 PM
Robio:

If you remember Tom Jackson is a former Bronco so that would explain his propensity to pick Bronco's as POTW's. There were several other people more deserving of that honor.

MHM:

It's only Sunday night and you are starting the smack........it would seem that everyone wants to downplay the Chargers, although they handled the Raiders in all the stats except the final score.

I am not anointing the Chiefs as resurrected just yet, but today was a good start. And remember, even in the worst years for the Chiefs, they have always given the Broncs fits home and away.

mmaddog
out for the night

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"