PDA

View Full Version : END the Committee! Moreau and T-Rich are the Answer!

Mult9
09-17-2000, 08:51 PM
I know its obvious to us fans, but somebody PLEASE tell Gunther! T-Rich and Frank are the real deal. Nothing against Cloud and Kimble, but T-Rich should be the #1 FB and Frank the #1 TB. Any dittos and Amens out there?

Mile High Mania
09-17-2000, 08:55 PM
I can give an Amen on that John. Kill the Committee!!!!

Go Moreau Go Chiefs!!!!!!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 09-17-2000).]

The-Man
09-17-2000, 08:57 PM
I will give you a second on that. I was thinking the same way. Moreau kept his feet moving and didn't fall down on a little contact.

bkkcoh
09-17-2000, 09:01 PM
Chaplain,
A blessing on top of the win: immediately after the game, T-Rich gathered about 8 Chiefs AND about the same number of Chargers at midfield for a moment of prayer. I saw T-Rich, Anders, and Moreau there for sure, but couldn't make out the other Chiefs.
Amen Tony. Leadership!<BR>

BroncoFan
09-17-2000, 09:03 PM
Actually, Bob Dole was thinking that T Rich would look like Okoye if he got at least 20 carries per game.

Otherwise, Bob Dole would agree. Give Frank and Tony the d@mned ball!

Mult9
09-17-2000, 09:12 PM
I believe Moreau has earned it. I don't even need to mention Tony R. This Chiefs rushing attack could be special if they's feature these 2 guys and keep on passing on 1st down!

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-17-2000, 09:17 PM
Hello Chaplain,

and welcome to the bb!

I have been calling for moreau and TRich to be our starting HB and FB since thje 3rd preseason game. I am glad to see that you agree.

You're right; it is obvious to us, and I've got to think that it should be obvious to Gun also.

we've got a heck of a football team!

Luz
saw moreau stop a blitzing LB in his tracks today...

KCTitus
09-17-2000, 09:17 PM
Amen, brother John

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

Duck Dog
09-17-2000, 09:21 PM
YEHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

It's about time everyone see's the light!!!!

Luz and I have been the only voices of reason, when it comes to Moreau.

welcome to the wagon johnny http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Mile High Mania
09-17-2000, 09:23 PM
Hey Luz I told you this would eventually happen.I always had the faith http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

Mult9
09-17-2000, 09:33 PM
Sorry Boys, but its a mistake to call me a bandwagonner.
I was calling for Moreau/Morris/Grbac as our Trifecta Offensive Power 3 weeks ago on the Star BB and I got laughed at.
Guess who's laughing now?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
42 points against a top AFC D is NO JOKE.

Mile High Mania
09-17-2000, 09:38 PM
John don't feel left out I was apart of that minority also. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

KCTitus
09-17-2000, 09:43 PM
Hey John,

On the other board I was being vilified as a fairweather fan, because I dared say some bad things about the coaches and coaching. So what can I say? Stupidity knows no bounds sometimes.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

Mult9
09-17-2000, 09:45 PM
Oh LORD! It feels great to have a scary offense!
It feels great to outscore the Donx and Rams against a top D!
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Yessssssssssssss!
Shanny, are you watching the film of the Bolts game?

Chieffan
09-17-2000, 10:06 PM
Agreed but,

I think all of our backs will look better if there is the chance of 1st down being a ..gulp..pass...

it opens everything up....and tonight I'm sleeping with a smile...

Duck Dog
09-17-2000, 10:10 PM
Johnny,
Ref#10, I know the feeling, after watching him used spareingly in the preseason I knew he was somethins special.

SPEED+SIZE

thank god someone on the Chiefs noticed it also.

TRich/Moreau 1,2 punch http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif<BR>

KCCory
09-17-2000, 10:30 PM
"top AFC D"

- you're joking, of course. This Charger's team gave up 28 to the 'Ain'ts, they've let the other team drive to easy game-winning TDs the last two weeks, and half their secondary was banged up (out?).

CarolinaChief
09-17-2000, 10:58 PM
I agree totally. There is another AMEN for you.

I think that regardless of who they have in there, there is no way any RB could flourish in a RBbC scheme. The announcers made mention of it during the game. How could any RB get something going in that sort of system? Even proven veteran RB's wouldn't do very well in that situation IMO. Too many roosters in the.... (you know the rest).

[This message has been edited by Tomahawk 11 (edited 09-17-2000).]

Tomahawk 11
09-18-2000, 12:07 AM
Guys, I totally agree. However, let's not get too down on Cloud. He looked pretty good as well. Just not as good as Moreau. He could be a great "breather" guy, although he DID miss a few open cutbacks. This could be a good combo.

------------------
GO PITT!

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2000, 12:45 AM
Wha-What?!? (Does double take)

(rubs eyes)

This isn't proctor is it?

"END the Committee!"

No way. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

jcl-kcfan
09-18-2000, 01:56 AM
I knew you'd come to the dark side Johnny.

seclark
09-18-2000, 07:42 AM
I'm 110% in agreement with you KC Johnny.
T-Rich at Fullback with Frank Moreau as tailback looks good. Frank Moreau looked
extremely aggressive in the 4th qtr which is what we have needed.

I was pleased to see T-Rich bust out with
that 18 yard run that sparked the offense.

------------------
Chiefs Rock

Lurker Brett
09-18-2000, 07:44 AM
Guys,

If there's room for me on the Moreau bandwagon.........I'd like to jump on http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif I have been sceptical about him since day 1, I had hoped we'd draft Travis Prentice (who is also a good player). Moreau came from a pass-first offense in a poor conference and I wasn't convinced about him to say the least. But after watching him squeeze through some small gaps yesterday using his vision and always get the extra 2 yards falling forwards after being tackled, he looks like he is a good fit for this offense. If he got 20-25 carries with T-Rich getting the other 10 next week it would be great.

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 08:44 AM
I've been on the Moreau wagon since April when we drafted him. I've tried to support the "named" starters, but no longer. Cloud just doesn't have what it takes. Moreau obviously DOES. Give him the ball and let him pound it behind TRich. Then call the PA pass and...

TOUCHDOWN SLYMO!!!

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

King_Chief_Fan
09-18-2000, 08:48 AM
This is painful coming from an ardant Cloud backer, but Moreau outplayed Cloud and deserves the starting job.

I still think Cloud could and will be something special, therefor I'd reduce the committee to Moreau and Cloud. Cloud brings a step more speed while Moreau brings more power. They'd make a good 1, 2 punch with Rich paving the way.

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 08:59 AM
Chuck,

I can't disagree more. Cloud isn't faster than Moreau. In fact, it looks like he hits the hole SLOWER. Cloud is too small to be that slow. He relies on his vision, and we all saw last week in that goal line series how good that is.

Cloud shouldn't be taking any carries away from the guy that deservers them -- Frank Moreau.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

bigdaddychieffan
09-18-2000, 09:06 AM
MEGA-Dittos! TR/FM combo = KC's best backfield. Put 'em in there and let them play!

flowergirl
09-18-2000, 09:10 AM
I knew this topic would show up eventually. Many regulars on the old BB argued with Proctor for MONTHS about the ineffectiveness of RBbC. Now he acts like he was against the committee all along.

4 weeks ago he wanted Bennett to get as many carries as TRich, now he's acting like "The Swami" because he FINALLY saw what was obvious to me & quite a few others 2 years ago.

Cloud sucks.

wutamess
09-18-2000, 09:45 AM
Clint-

In all fairness, the Chaplain has often stated that he does not endorse RBbC, but uses stats to show that it has succeeded in the past when folks called it a failure.

xoxo~
gaz
human shield for the Homer in Chief.<BR>

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-18-2000, 09:48 AM
Clint,

Do people around you have a history of committing suicide?

Luz
just curious... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

wutamess
09-18-2000, 09:56 AM
I agree that our backfield should consist of Richardson at FB and Moreau at HB. A lot of us [including Gunther] were seduced by Richardson’s numbers and aggressive rushing style. Richardson is an excellent FB, but he is not a HB. When we put him at HB, we lost a great blocker and our rushing game suffered for it. Yes, Richardson is the best rusher on the roster at this time, but we must keep him at FB where he is effective.

What must change is the foolish concept that you cannot feed the FB. I remain a staunch advocate of the split backfield and the additional confusion it can sow among the enemy ranks.

Still, whether split or in the I, make Richardson/Moreau our featured backfield. All that is required to have a “featured” backfield is the decision to keep them in the game and let them establish a rhythm. Leave Moreau in the game until he begs for mercy. Above all else, end the Committee.

xoxo~
gaz
death to the Committee!<BR>

Mosbonian
09-18-2000, 09:56 AM
I argued with Proctor about the RBBC as well as the NEED for a real RB on this team. It's good to see Johnny get his mind 'right' on the RBBC issue.

flowergirl
09-18-2000, 10:00 AM
I wish the Chiefs could've dumped Bennett and picked up Sam Gash.

Gash blocking for TRich. Now THAT is smashmouth!!

King_Chief_Fan
09-18-2000, 10:08 AM
I wish we'd treat 'smashmouth' like the old swaybacked horse that it is and shoot it.

Yesterday was not smashmouth. Yesterday we racked up 42 pts with a balanced O. Not as balanced as I'd like but cerntainly not smashmouth. SD keyed on the run so we went up top with Morris. Then they fell back into coverage so we ran with Moreau.

Balanced O's win. Smashmouth simply churns the field.

Mult9
09-18-2000, 05:07 PM
Gaz,
thanks for cover (reply #28).
You da man.
You all claiming to have known all along that RBbC doesn't work have few facts to stand on. KC ranks 3rd in the NFL in rushing from 1995-99.
I simply believe that Moreau is a more efficient version of Donnell Bennett (converted FB) with better skills (true HB).
I do not share the view that Tony Richardson cannot be the #1 TB; He can and is still the team's leading rusher in yds and avg. If we ever get to see T-Rich get the magical 25 carries, he will gain 150 yds. I would rather see the Chiefs go with Moreau and Richardson if they are going to continue to run almost exclusively inside. Cloud is the best cutback runner on the team, but the Chiefs rarely run east/west. So put the 2 best downhill north/south rbs in and KEEP EM IN.
The other thing we have now is a legit deep threat to go to when teams play 8 in the box. The Donx are ranked 26th in pass defense (237 ypg) and if Gun is smart, he'll exploit that to the max.
The other thing is that we ran for 365 yds (!) against Denver last year and we SHOULD be able to get at least 100 yds this Sunday.
As good as KC played in Tennesee, there is no reason to doubt them in Pile High.
Especially if they stick with Moreau/Richardson for 4 quarters.

ColoradoChief
09-18-2000, 05:58 PM
Johnny,
I believe that you and I shared some of the most heated debates on the SitCom. I haven't seen the stats from the game yet, but I'd guess that Moreau got about 15 carries, and as he went along, and got into the flow, it was obvious that he became more effective. That is the reason the SitCom must die. It may be somewhat effective, but at the end of the game, none of the backs have that rythm, and are often stopped on very minimal gains, which lead to 3 and outs in crucial situations, and cost some games.
Now, for myself, I must admit my mistake, and concede that Cloud is not a good fit for this offense. Give the ball to Moreau and T-Rich.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

The SitCom must die!!

[This message has been edited by milkman (edited 09-18-2000).]

Snapper
09-18-2000, 06:01 PM
Johnny Boy,
I CAN'T believe you posted this. Looks like I won AMOTHER debate! *grin* (Bam was the first one) You were in favor of the RBBC or should I say the "Running Back By Situation", and even posted more than your fair share of topics on the other BB supporting your position. Anyway, glad to see that you finally see the light here. You're a "homer", that's for sure - but at least your NOT a blind one!!

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2000, 06:22 PM
"You all claiming to have known all along that RBbC doesn't work have few facts to stand on. KC ranks 3rd in the NFL in rushing from 1995-99."

C'mon, John. Don't bring that tired old argument out again. 3rd in the NFL is nothing when you're #1 in attempts and 15th in average. It doesn't work, plain and simple. RBbC practically invented the three-and-out.

As for Cloud being our best cutback runner, we better stick to straightforward running. Cloud showed his cutback ability (or lack thereof) on the goalline against Tennessee.<BR>

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-18-2000, 06:57 PM
Personally, i believe moreau is the best 'outside the tackles' runner we have.

He has the rare ability to turn the corner.

Cut back? ~ I'm not sure, but he has the fastest acceleration of anybody on the team. I believe TRich has more (a little) pure speed, but Moreau has the acceleration.

Luz
give moreau the ball...

Tomahawk 11
09-18-2000, 07:09 PM
Moreau played tailback in college. How is he a converted fullback?

------------------
GO PITT!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-18-2000, 07:11 PM
I don't know why the Reverend has seen the light, but I am glad he has... He will never stop being a fan of the rush... But hopefully the days of Sitcom will disappearlike a bad dream...<P>

DoubleWannaB
09-19-2000, 10:57 AM
ditto and amen...Cloud should be #3 but should also get a lot of playing time...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Mult9
09-19-2000, 08:36 PM
I have NOT NOT NOT Changed my mind about anything!
I have not seen the "light!"
Cry all you want about RBbC but KC ran the ball better than 28 teams in the past 5 seasons and averaged WELL over 4.0 ypc during that stretch.
I am not blind, YOU are blind if you don't see the Chiefs outstanding success in rushing the football in the 1990s.
I think that the Chiefs have the best chance to continue that success with Tony Richardson and Frank Moreau, much the same way as we did in the early 1990s with Barry Word and Christian Okoye.
KCJ
Chiefs WILL run the football, but now have the weapons to light up the scoreboard as well....PS...the good news is....we play the donx this week. Chiefs gained an incredible 365 yds rushing against denver in '99...
Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss! AND...
Denver ranks 26th in the NFL in pass defense (237 ypg)...
Go Chiefs!

scooter
09-19-2000, 09:00 PM
Ditto and amen, Johnny. However, the RRBC or RRBSIT seemed to be things you favored, and you have made several posts to the fact showing support. I never agreed with you on the RRBC, but I agree with you on TR and Frank.

------------------

Would rather be golfing

Mult9
09-19-2000, 09:05 PM
Perfect example:
KC gained 365 yds rushing against Denver (SB Champs) in '99 with 6 RBs. I never defended the usage of 6 RBs, but I WILL ALWAYS defend that kind of dominating rushing PERFORMANCE no matter how you get it. I just belive the best way for KC to continue that level of domination is to mainly use FM and TR.

Snapper
09-19-2000, 09:10 PM
Johnny Boy,
If you didn't change your mind, then explain how it is you feel that Moreau and Richardson should get most of the carries. Doesn't that mean that the committee will end?? It's true that the Chiefs ran for a lot of yards last year, but much too many 3 and outs for me. BTW, what is the comittee ranked this year? *grin*

Mult9
09-19-2000, 09:23 PM
Fan TX, slow down and actually READ my previous replies.

Snapper
09-19-2000, 09:50 PM
Johnny ,
Now you're asking too much of me! *grin*
You know who you're talking to don't you?? It's Steve M., so you must know that to expect me to read everything is a waste of time. I'll take you for your word - which will always be good enough for me!