PDA

View Full Version : Guess what? Gretz call us classless and deranged

Pages : [1] 2

dirk digler
01-14-2004, 09:19 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news_article.asp?ID=CPA66EHK9JG4RNYVT5ZWBXRP4A

An Act of Supreme Loyalty
1/14/2004 6:17 AM

The columnists dissect the 2003 season and take a look at what's ahead for the Chiefs in '04. Read it here in a series of columns beginning next week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bob Gretz
January 14, 2004 (morning)--Last year, Dick Vermeil showed his loyalty to Greg Robinson by retaining him on his coaching staff.

Robinson paid back that loyalty on Tuesday by resigning as the defensive coordinator of the Chiefs.

It was an extraordinary act by Robinson. He put aside ego, all pretense and he fell on his sword for Dick Vermeil. Team and Vermeil came ahead of himself. No small wonder why the head coach was so emotional when he talked about Robinson and why he felt like he let his assistant down.

In more than 25 years of covering the NFL, Iíve never witnessed anything that came close to Tuesdayís morning gathering. The raw emotion was unforgettable. It was a window into the world that Vermeil has created with his football team. It was a window into the world of coaching and all the twists and turns that make the business so exciting and so heart breaking.

First, Robinson did the right thing in offering to resign. Secondly, Vermeil did the right thing in accepting. After everything that happened with the Chiefs in 2003, the focus was entirely on Robinson and the defense. It would have been impossible for this organization to make enough changes in other areas to overcome the negativity that would have surrounded Robinsonís further employment.

Thereís no question the defense was broken. Robinson and the defensive staff tried their best, but in the end it did not come together on the field. Last year, Robinson was handicapped by a defense that had few talented players. This season, the talent level was improved, but it still wasnít enough.

What was missing was a defensive mind-set thatís absolutely imperative to success in the NFL. Yes, football today is more complicated than it was years ago. Defenses must react to offenses, they must take part in the chess game.

But they must do it with an attitude that was seldom evident around the Chiefs defense. It was never there in 2002, showed itself early in 2003, but then disappeared, returning just briefly for the Chicago game. For that, the players, Robinson, the defensive staff and Vermeil must share the blame.

Beyond scheme, beyond talent, what this Chiefs defensive unit needs is an infusion of passion. When Vermeil picks Robinsonís successor, thatís should be the most important part of his resume.

There are many people celebrating Robinsonís departure, reveling in kicking a man when heís down, laughing at the raw emotion he was willing to share on what was probably the worst day of his professional life. If you are one of those people, like the classless folks who started a web site to promote the firing of Robinson, please seek help. You believe the success of the team is more important to you, than the people who give their blood, sweat and tears each and every day to make it work. You are deranged and can not a hold a candle to a man like Robinson.

Anybody who witnessed what happened at Arrowhead Stadium on Tuesday morning should now have a better understanding of what the people who coach in this business put on the line. They donít always get it right, they donít always produce.

KCFalcon59
01-14-2004, 09:26 AM
**** gretz. he is an overblown, overpaid kissass. I wish he would go cover some other team. Preferrably a high school.

Bob Dole
01-14-2004, 09:28 AM
There are many people celebrating Robinsonís departure, reveling in kicking a man when heís down, laughing at the raw emotion he was willing to share on what was probably the worst day of his professional life. If you are one of those people, like the classless folks who started a web site to promote the firing of Robinson, please seek help. You believe the success of the team is more important to you, than the people who give their blood, sweat and tears each and every day to make it work. You are deranged and can not a hold a candle to a man like Robinson.

When Bob Gretz has to work 40+ hours a week at a job he despises instead of getting paid to do something that most of us can only dream about, his analysis will actually mean something to Bob Dole.

We spend our hard earned dollars and emotions to support a team. We're the team's customer whether Bobby G. likes it or not. And as with any customer, we've got every right to bitch about poor service when that's what we're provided.

And we're entitled to do it without some hired ass-clown calling us "classless."

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 09:28 AM
I only read the site 2-3 times, so I may have forgotten every single thing posted there. But IIRC, it was reasonable in tone that merely pointed out GR's failings and demanded that he be held responsible for them. I don't think that's classless.

And I've seen very few people kicking GR when he's "down." In fact, I've seen quite the opposite -- most folks thanking him and saying what a classy guy he was. Indeed, even www.firegregrobinson.com has changed its front page to thank GR for doing the right thing.

MOhillbilly
01-14-2004, 09:31 AM
*sniff*Sniff* Boo FN HOO i want a win in the playoffs.I want a superbowl. I dont spend my money on Chiefs gear&scream at the TV. to watch GROWN men cry, he knew the deal. Give us a SuperBowl VICTORY!

Spott
01-14-2004, 09:32 AM
It isn't classless. The Fans pay for the tickets, parking, memorabilia, etc. The Fans have a right to complain because ultimately, we are the ones that pay the tab for everything. When we go to a restaurant, we have a right to complain to the manager if the food and the service sucks. I see no difference here. No reason the kick the guy now that he's already quit, but as Fans, we have the right to voice our displeasure for certain employees we feel that are giving us crappy "service".

Donger
01-14-2004, 09:33 AM
I don't get it. He seems to think that Robinson should have been dimissed, yet has issue with those "classless" people who were proactive in making their opinions known? He seems to give kudos to Robinson for his emotion, yet calls those of us who emote, "deranged?"

The difference is that I don't get paid (and paid handsomely) to support this team. Robinson did. And his "contribution" did not justify his getting paid for it anymore.

DaWolf
01-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Meh. Bottom line, mission accomplished. Props for all the effort... :toast:

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Gretz is a moron. If he believes that the success of the team is more important to the mercenaries who routinely switch loyalties based on who's signing their paycheck than it is to fans who have voluntarily agonized over the team for DECADES, then Gretz needs help. What a clueless columnist.

Maybe he should forego his paycheck for a while to rediscover his passion for the team. Or maybe he should just go get paid to write for another team.

dirk digler
01-14-2004, 09:35 AM
When Bob Gretz has to work 40+ hours a week at a job he despises instead of getting paid to do something that most of us can only dream about, his analysis will actually mean something to Bob Dole.

We spend our hard earned dollars and emotions to support a team. We're the team's customer whether Bobby G. likes it or not. And as with any customer, we've got every right to bitch about poor service when that's what we're provided.

And we're entitled to do it without some hired ass-clown calling us "classless."

I agree with you Bob, I spend a ton of money on tickets, merchandise, and emotions and if I want to bitch and moan about the team I feel I have every right.
I totally take exception to what he said and I think it is a disgrace that he would call us that and especially to Lattimer and headsnap. I think we should start a new website called http:\\www.bobgretzisanazzclown.com

donkhater
01-14-2004, 09:37 AM
The thing that strikes me most about this is that we aren't talking about a profession in which a guy holds a position for 25 years and then gets canned. How many teams (including college) has Greg Robinson worked for in his lifetime? Probably a hell of a lot more than you or I will. And HE KNOWS that when he takes a job it isn't a permanent position.

On top of all that, he did a piss-poor job. He can be sad that he let his friend down, but it isn't like he hasn't been fired before, and it certainly wasn't like he didn't deserve it.

So f%$K off Gretz. Go to Price Chopper, buy a family-size can of pork and beans, and put your overrated pie hole to better use.

Dartgod
01-14-2004, 09:37 AM
So Jettio is Bob Gretz? :shrug:

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 09:39 AM
I would propose starting a www.firebobgretz.com web site, but it's not worth the trouble. Not many people read him any more anyway.

Give me Ivan Carter any day.

MrBlond
01-14-2004, 09:40 AM

great post.

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Gretz is a moron. If he believes that the success of the team is more important to the mercenaries who routinely switch loyalties based on who's signing their paycheck than it is to fans who have voluntarily agonized over the team for DECADES, then Gretz needs help. What a clueless columnist.

Maybe he should forego his paycheck for a while to rediscover his passion for the team. Or maybe he should just go get paid to write for another team.

That's a very good point. GR's got two SB rings from the Broncos to soothe his pain from screwing our season. We ain't got shit, just more of the usual heartbreak.

Saggysack
01-14-2004, 09:41 AM
I may be classless and I may be deranged but I know a DC when I see one.

Ultra Peanut
01-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Even little old ladies hate Bob Gretz...

BigRedChief
He needs to pull his lips away from King Carl's backside :hump: a little more often and come up for some air cuz he obviously trippin...What an As#. If we don't get "riled" up GR is back again next year and another window of oppertunity closes in the Chiefs history. :deevee:

We were mad as hell and we didn't take it anymore. :cuss:

Bite me Gretz! nlm

Bob Dole
The more Bob Dole thinks about the comments in this column, the more pissed off Bob Dole gets.

Want to swap places for a year, Bobby? Bob Dole will most certainly enjoy cruising around town in your car that probably cost more than Bob Dole's house. Bob Dole has always wanted to attend the 101 Banquet--it would be really cool to do it on someone else's dime. See every Chiefs game for pay? Hell yes! Have a website where I can spout off my opinion like it means something?

Okay. Forget that last one.

Mr. Kotter
01-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Not many of us were "reveling" or "laughing" at Greg Robinson yesterday.

Many of us were relieved and happy about his leaving. However, that is NOT the same as "celebrating" or "kicking him" when he is down. And, frankly, those who DID DO those things are classless and perhaps deranged. :shake:

However, most of us were simply pleased that our Defense now has a chance to improve next year. Vermeil's loyalty to Greg almost prevented that.

The bottom-line is GR did not get the job done. As a football fan, none of us should feel sorry for him leaving because he failed.

As a person though, none of us should "celebrate" his failure. :)

siberian khatru
The funny thing is, I like everything else he said in that column. But that one paragraph is like the turd in the punch bowl.

Michael Michigan
This is exactly how the Chiefs PR and front office people look at fans.

Classless morons who should just pay up and shut up.

Can you imagine these guys if they had to deal with a tough daily media?

They would all be in therapy.

Chiefnj
01-14-2004, 09:48 AM
What a prick.

Let's get things straight. Robinson didn't come out and resign. He went to Vermeil and said "if you want I'll resign." Vermeil came back and said "yes, it is best if you do." Only then did GROB give in. I still don't understand why he did it since, allegedly, his contract was up in a few weeks. The team could have simply said we aren't renewing it. I guess that rumor about his contract being up wasn't true.

Second, the fans have a right to call out a coach who hasn't done his job. Even if it's the fault of the players, the coaches get the brunt of the criticism. It's the nature of the beast. Without the fans there is no team, there is no revenue, Gretz has no job. Was it classless to have threads about forms of torture and wishing bodily harm - no doubt. Some people were no better than the people in Philly who cheer injured players. But, there is nothing wrong with calling for a better coordinator after the present one has fielded the worst defenses in the history of the team.

Braincase
01-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Gretz can kiss my ass. If Robinson had been fired last year when he should've been fired, we'd be trading smack with the Patriots and they'd have to come to our house this weekend.

Classless for starting a web site? Sheeyit, how else would you like us to get the message to you guys. All too often the Kansas City Chiefs management does stuff that stinks and there has to be a way to get the message to you clowns. The FANS HAVE A RIGHT TO GET PISSED!

Ask anybody that's ever had pay $20.00 to park in a urine-induced mudpuddle.

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Ask anybody that's ever had pay $20.00 to park in a urine-induced mudpuddle.

ENDelt usually passes out in them for free.

Bob Dole
01-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Hey now! Raising the parking fee for our first playoff game in years was in no way, shape or form "classless."

Michael Michigan
01-14-2004, 09:55 AM
The amazing thing is Gretz writes all this and is such a cowardly writer---he doesn't even put an e-mail address to comment.

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 09:58 AM
The amazing thing is Gretz writes all this and is such a cowardly writer---he doesn't even put an e-mail address to comment.

He's not cowardly, he's arrogant -- he has absolutely no interest in anything you'd have to say.

morphius
01-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Doesn't being fanatical as we are, I mean that is what fan is short for after all, automatically mean we are a bit deranged?

If Gretz thought it was classless to created a web site about GR to try and get him fired, was classless, well, we are fanatics after all, and we want our team to succeed. If Greg hadn't done the right thing, there is no way that Gretz would be writing an article about how classless it was.

But I guess if it is classless to tell people how we feel in a place that the public can read, what does that make you Gretz?

Spott
01-14-2004, 09:59 AM
I guess it wasn't classless to get my KCChiefs.com newletter the day after we lost telling me about all the Chiefs memorabilia they have for sale.

Bob Dole
01-14-2004, 10:00 AM

How about this one?

bgretz@susqkc.com

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Hey Bob Gretz....feel free to kiss my classy ass.

Some of us may view things from a different perspective than you. Some of us may look at it that Greg Robinson should have been gone last year for being ineffective, and pretty much stole a Million Dollars from Lamar Hunt, and an overdue superbowl....FROM THE MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE NFL. Tell me a single salesman, making 25k/year with the worst sales record at his business,that is given 3 years of non-performance?

If I drive 6hrs each way to 4-5games, pay hundreds of dollars for tickets, $20 to park...eat $6 Hotdogs, washed down with $6 cups of beer, buy hundreds of dollars on Chiefs apparel, flags, etc....I have the right to compain and bitch....at least until my hoarse voice is clear...

So here's to you Mr. Column writing bitch man.......Before you wag your finger at fans, partularly ones that spend more time discussing the Chiefs than you do, remember this.

Coaches, Players, GMs, and Sportswriters come and go. They leave for better jobs, more Free Agent Money, or to write for bigger papers. The one things that remains the same, is the Me, the fan....who will still be cussing personell decisions long after you've moved on to Florida and play shuffleboard in a new Dolphin's hat.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 10:02 AM
He's not cowardly, he's arrogant -- he has absolutely no interest in anything you'd have to say.

I guess we're even then.

Michael Michigan
01-14-2004, 10:03 AM
How about this one?

bgretz@susqkc.com

You can always count on Bob Damned Dole to come through.

BTW--Is that really his personal e-mail addy?

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 10:04 AM
So here's to you Mr. Column writing bitch man

:LOL: :LOL:

Too bad your rep's disabled. The last paragraph was priceless, too.

Michael Michigan
01-14-2004, 10:05 AM

Actually--the entire organizationn is frightened of what the media says.

That's why they have Dawes.

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Bob Damn Gretz......You've got Mail.

siberian khatru
Actually--the entire organizationn is frightened of what the media says.

That's why they have Dawes.

OK, they're both. Deadly combo.

Bob Dole
You can always count on Bob Damned Dole to come through.

BTW--Is that really his personal e-mail addy?

If it's still valid, it is. It was listed on more than one media contact list.

Michael Michigan
01-14-2004, 10:07 AM
OK, they're both. Deadly combo.

Agreed. I smell a column--I think I'll contact Gretz to see if he's got the nads to go on record.

Michael Michigan
01-14-2004, 10:09 AM
If it's still valid, it is. It was listed on more than one media contact list.

Thanks--all I have is his Chiefs addy and they rarely respond to those.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Agreed. I smell a column--I think I'll contact Gretz to see if he's got the nads to go on record.

Oh, oh! Can you quote me as a deranged, classless Chiefs fan?

"Deranged, classless Chiefs fan Kevin was outraged at Gretz's comments. 'Whoever this Bill Gretz guy is, he doesn't know what he's talking about,' said Kevin. 'Is he new or something?'"

Ultra Peanut
01-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Agreed. I smell a column--I think I'll contact Gretz to see if he's got the nads to go on record.If you need a quote from a "man on the board," I'll provide one for you:

"Bob Gretz can kiss my shiny metal ass. But that's just an expression. My ass is really neither shiny nor metal. It's from Bender, on Futurama. Hey, do you ever watch that on Adult Swim? Adult Swim's cool. Oh, and Bob Gretz sucks, and stuff."

Talisman
01-14-2004, 10:16 AM
:LOL: :LOL:

Too bad your rep's disabled. The last paragraph was priceless, too.
Send it to him. He can still get the rep, he just doesn't display it. He's afraid the number of green boxes would crash the server.

JazzzLovr
01-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Doesn't being fanatical as we are, I mean that is what fan is short for after all, automatically mean we are a bit deranged?

:LOL:

Good point. ;)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=20941&stc=1

Michael Michigan
01-14-2004, 10:17 AM
If you need a quote from a "man on the board," I'll provide one for you:

"Bob Gretz can kiss my shiny metal ass."

Did he contact you or anyone else on the board?

Ultra Peanut
01-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Did he contact you or anyone else on the board?I made a revision that should clarify my position immensely.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Nice avatar, Talisman. I'm curious what it would've been during your "Robinson sucks" days.

Chief Henry
01-14-2004, 10:21 AM

Amen to that...give yourself a rep B_D_D

Iowanian
WHOA!

First Down Elvis has Gunther's Glasses!

Bob Dole
Bob Dole wonders whether it would be classless if one of Bob Gretz's chins set up a website... Rumor is that Bobby's second chin feels that the first and third chins get preferential treatment.

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Following up on Bob Dole's excellent commentary....

Does Bob Gretz allow the same courtesy of the common Waiter providing the slowest service in the restaruant, and giving him half a plate of nasty food?

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 10:23 AM
I would agree. I think the second chin kind of gets lost in the middle sometimes.

jAZ
01-14-2004, 10:31 AM

Well put Kevin.

Can someone put Gretz's quote followed by Kevin's and BDD's comments up on the FireGRob website?

PastorMikH
01-14-2004, 10:33 AM
WHOA!

First Down Elvis has Gunther's Glasses!

Could it be a sign???

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 10:34 AM
I have composed and sent an elegant and gentle note in consideration of my feelings on his latest artical. I eagerly await his response.

jAZ
01-14-2004, 10:35 AM
I have composed and sent an elegant and gentle note in consideration of my feelings on his latest artical. I eagerly await his response.
Do post it for all the world to see...

Phobia
01-14-2004, 10:37 AM
I don't know why everybody's so upset about being called deranged. I'm deranged and I damn well know it. This is my story.

In 1995, my team dominated the NFL and won the SuperBowl.

In 1997, my team dominated the NFL and won the SuperBowl.

In 2003, my team dominated the NFL and won the SuperBowl.

Oh. Wait. No. They. Didn't. They lost their first ****ing playoff game..... at home..... instead.

We need to seek help? WE ALREADY HAVE. DR. PHIL CAN'T EVEN HEAL THESE WOUNDS. WOULD YOU LIKE MY THERAPY BILL, MR. GRETZ?

I'm feeling much better now. Thanks for reading my opinion.

50yrplan
01-14-2004, 10:52 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news_article.asp?ID=CPA66EHK9JG4RNYVT5ZWBXRP4A

The columnists dissect the 2003 season and take a look at what's ahead for the Chiefs in '04. Read it here in a series of columns beginning next week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bob Gretz
January 14, 2004 (morning)--

If you are one of those people, like the classless folks who started a web site to promote the firing of Robinson, please seek help. You believe the success of the team is more important to you, than the people who give their blood, sweat and tears each and every day to make it work. You are deranged and can not a hold a candle to a man like Robinson.

Obviously someone else believes the success of the team is more important. And that person is GROB who did the right thing just like the people who put up the web site did what was best for the team and everyone including GROB knew it.

That's not classless that's just the way it is and if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. A lot of these people who write about how hard it is to resign when you are not successful need a reality check. I mean what world are they in upside down world?

Braincase
01-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Maybe we just need to up the ante...

www.putcrushedglassunderbobgretzeyelids.com anybody?

Otter
01-14-2004, 11:05 AM
I fail to see the drama here -

Grob was given three years to do a job, he failed each of the three years. At the end of year three his contract was up for review.

If Bobby wants to point fingers lets point out that Grob possibly cost the Chiefs thier best shot at the super bowl in years and drug down the most productive offense in the NFL with him.

Since when wasn't he subject to real-world expectaitons?

http://www.thefoxrocks.com/quickandinside/images/bob_bio.jpg I'd like to see what Bobby does when the waiter brings him a soggy pork chop just once let alone three years in a row.

Phobia
01-14-2004, 11:08 AM
I'd like to see what Bobby does when the waiter brings him a soggy pork chop just once let alone three years in a row.

Now, that's just classless and deranged. *sniff* *sniff*

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 11:11 AM
I mean what world are they in upside down world?

I hate upside down world. I'm always spilling my root beer there.

Talisman
01-14-2004, 11:15 AM
I hate upside down world. I'm always spilling my root beer there.
Upside Down World Tip: Jeans are a safer bet than a kilt.

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 11:23 AM
I got a response from Bob Gretz....the weakest, pants pissing reply I could have expected.

"I was right, you need professional help"

Dartgod
01-14-2004, 11:24 AM
I did a quick calculation and although I don't remember the exact ticket prices for each year I had season tickets, I have spent roughly $15,000 on Chiefs tickets over the last 14 years. That doesn't include playoff tickets, memorabilia, Chiefs clothing, food and beer at the stadium or parking.

Bob Gretz can kiss my classless ass.

Calcountry
01-14-2004, 11:24 AM

I wish we could trade our defense plus our entire draft next year for the Baltimore Ravens Defense. Think they would take it.

JazzzLovr
01-14-2004, 11:25 AM
I got a response from Bob Gretz....the weakest, pants pissing reply I could have expected.

I'd still like to see what your email said. :)

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Jazz....

It actually was a revised version of my earlier post. I didn't even call him a fat bitch.

Reeeaal Men of GeniOus......Heres to you, Mr Bitchy Sportswriter

Whooooo do you fans think you are expeeeecting results for your dedication and moooooouhuhu-nay

Calcountry
01-14-2004, 11:28 AM
I fail to see the drama here -

Grob was given three years to do a job, he failed each of the three years. At the end of year three his contract was up for review.

If Bobby wants to point fingers lets point out that Grob possibly cost the Chiefs thier best shot at the super bowl in years and drug down the most productive offense in the NFL with him.

Since when wasn't he subject to real-world expectaitons?

http://www.thefoxrocks.com/quickandinside/images/bob_bio.jpg I'd like to see what Bobby does when the waiter brings him a soggy pork chop just once let alone three years in a row.

Its more like, great steak, great bread, great Beverage, then the waiter asks, can I bring you desert? I'll have a scoop of Ice cream please.

Brings out a bowl full of melted stuff that may have once been Ice cream, spills it in your lap, then asks for a tip.

Saggysack
01-14-2004, 11:29 AM
I wish we could trade our defense plus our entire draft next year for the Baltimore Ravens Defense. Think they would take it.

Just Ray Lewis alone would be an upgade.

Chiefnj
01-14-2004, 11:30 AM

How can he type with his head stuck up CP's colon?

RedNeckRaider
01-14-2004, 11:30 AM
I don't know why everybody's so upset about being called deranged. I'm deranged and I damn well know it. This is my story.

In 1995, my team dominated the NFL and won the SuperBowl.

In 1997, my team dominated the NFL and won the SuperBowl.

In 2003, my team dominated the NFL and won the SuperBowl.

Oh. Wait. No. They. Didn't. They lost their first ****ing playoff game..... at home..... instead.

We need to seek help? WE ALREADY HAVE. DR. PHIL CAN'T EVEN HEAL THESE WOUNDS. WOULD YOU LIKE MY THERAPY BILL, MR. GRETZ?

I'm feeling much better now. Thanks for reading my opinion.
You got issues!? it was early 1984 my team is fresh off a 38-9 Superbowl win the third they had won while I have been rooting for them, I am looking at a team with enough talent to go back to back..........

It is now 1990 I am watching Bo Jackson run over 80 yards in a blow out win against the Bengals thinking Superbowl! he gets tackled and his hip jerks, he never plays again! In the AFC Championship game the last seconds tick off I am thinking damn I sure am glad Scott Davis blocked that extra point to keep it to 51-3 :banghead:

2000 HFA baby the Ravens are in our house! trip to the bowl on the line! The trainers are peeling Gannon out of a 6 inch hole created by son of flubber while pile driving him to the ground. :doh!:

2001 a foot of snow on the ground as we recover the fumble to seal the win and move on to the AFC Championship game!!!........the kick is up and it is good the Patriots win. :cuss:

2003 It is on! we are in the bowl baby! I am watching the NFL MVP run around like a chicken with its head cut off hitting wide open defensive backs all night. Gruden being carried off the field while giving Davis the finger. :deevee:

2004 Oakland is drafting 2nd overall after going 4-12 one year removed from the Superbowl, with no coach, and a locker room full of players doing their best "OZ" imatation. :shake:

All this while Davis has lawsuits going against L.A., Oakland, the NFL and God....the last over his inevivable and in his eyes unfair death.

I plan on talking to my theapist about this as soon as he lifts the restraining order. :spock:

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 11:36 AM

Did he check with Carl Peterson before he sent it?

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 11:39 AM
I've composed a reply to Bobby.

"So Bobby,
fans like me, who spend hundreds and thousands of dollars following the Chiefs, read every second-rate Chiefs related Column and loyally attend games for more than 30 years without superbowl appearances, need "professional help" for expecting a good product on the field?

Ask yourself if you feel the same, the next time the waiter forgets your cheesecake.

In the Big picture; Coaches, Players and sportswriters are mere mercenaries for the most part. Fans like Me are the Ones who make the Chiefs an Institution. We're also the same fans that Carl and the media called on to be "Rabbid" sunday, and we provided. Aye Ahm, Emmit Smith.

The truth is that fans should be given half of our money back for last weeks game, since Greg Robinson's half of the team didn't show up."

Dartgod
01-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Did he check with Carl Peterson before he sent it?
I'm sure that conversation went something like this:

Gretz - "mmmfmf mmfmffm mfmfmf mmfmfm mfmmf?
Carl - "Oh yeah, yes...yes...ummm huh. YES! YES! YES!! I'm sorry, did you say something Bob?

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 11:44 AM
dammit......I forgot to tell him that Greg will be the perfect new French Defensive Coordinator.

Phobia
01-14-2004, 11:46 AM
dammit......I forgot to tell him that Greg will be the perfect new French Defensive Coordinator.
Please don't. That's stretching the boundries of classless and deranged.

Mark M
01-14-2004, 11:48 AM
<DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">After reading Bob Gretz's recent article, I've got to wonder: How can he insult the fans of the Chiefs? Classless? For wanting the defense of the team I root for to be at least mediocre, rather than the joke of the NFL? </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"> </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">For 23 years I've put my heart into this team every training camp, spent thousands of dollars on tickets, concessions and Chiefs merchandise, sat in the cold and rain, and have seen exactly 3 playoff wins. Three. I have earned the RIGHT to rip Lin Elliot for missing his kicks. Iíve earned the RIGHT to rip Grbac for throwing the ball 4 yards short. Iíve earned the RIGHT to rip Marty for all of his playoff defeats. Iíve earned the RIGHT to complain about a coordinator who was in charge of the worst defense in 2002, and the 30th in 2003. </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"> </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Sure, Robinson may be a great guy, but he's a terrible coordinator. Think about it--if I were the worst at my job, I would be, and should be, fired immediately. But football is different--you can suck and still be employed, or be good and still lose your job. At least yesterday the person who deserved a majority (although not all) of the blame took the fall. Fans may not put their ďblood and sweatĒ into the team, but they sure as hell have put in their tears Ö not to mention millions of dollars that support all aspects of the organization. </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Please don't. That's stretching the boundries of classless and deranged.

You know, I like to think that one of the benefits of being classless and deranged is that there are no boundaries.

headsnap
01-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Message to Gretz and all the other folks flooding my e-mail with righteous indignation...

WHERE WERE YOU BEFORE GROB RESIGNED?

this is similar to the Rush/McNabb deal, in that it wasn't until the philly media made a deal about it that people started making a fuss about it.

I mean no ill will to GRob and his family, and I posted nothing bad or mean-spirited on that site, it was IMHO, tastefully done. I can't however speak for the signers of the 'petition.'

I think jAZ in on to something in his 'media influence' thread...

old_geezer
01-14-2004, 12:02 PM
My .02.......

So Gretz thinks those who participated in the Firegregrobinson.com web site were classless ? I guess I'd rather be classless than clueless, which is what GRob was as a DC and Gretz appears to be as a sportswriter.

If by my participation in the signing of the signature list I am considered to have had a small part in the dismissal of GRob from his position, then you can call me anything you want; but you'd better thank me also.

JazzzLovr
01-14-2004, 12:03 PM
You know, I like to think that one of the benefits of being classless and deranged is that there are no boundaries.

I think you're right. If there were, Tom would have found them by now.

The Bad Guy
01-14-2004, 12:06 PM
It's too bad that fat hillbilly didn't have the balls to attach an e-mail to his column, because if he did, I would blast the shit out of him.

His perspective is FAR different than the ones of fans because he gets paid to kiss ass and the fans foot the bill for it every Sunday at the games and every time they purchase something Chiefs related.

He acts like the website was calling for his execution. It was calling for his firing, which is something that generally happens in sports when you coach a unit that is in the bottom thirds of the league for THREE straight years.

Boo hoo, we hurt Greg's feelings. Greg hurt our ****ing feelings 4 weeks this year, 8 weeks last year, and 10 the year before. He cost us a Super Bowl birth. The only difference is, we didn't collect a paycheck every week after we got our hearts ripped out.

Robinson failed in KC because of his own doing. Fans had zero to do with it.

The Bad Guy
01-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Head,

I could write a nice rebuttal for Gretz if you want to throw it up on the mainpage..

Just let me know. It would take me no longer than 5 minutes.

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 12:08 PM
He acts like the website was calling for his execution.

Yeah, that was THIS website. Keep it straight, Blob!

keg in kc
01-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Why's everyone so upset? I fully acknowledge the fact that I'm classless and deranged, and I didn't even have anything to do with the site.

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 12:09 PM
It must be sent anyway badguy....It must be done.

Chris Meck
01-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Greg Robinson didn't just let Vermeil and the Chiefs down, he let the fans down as well.

For that, many are bitter and mean spirited.

I understand that Robinson is not a bad guy; he tried; he just couldn't get it done.

Now, that doesn't mean I didn't spend a fair part of my sundays cursing his name; but I DO feel sorry for him as a human being.

And I DO respect him greatly for what he did on Tuesday; that was the act of a good soldier.

So let's just move on.

Chris

PastorMikH
01-14-2004, 12:19 PM
"""You believe the success of the team is more important to you, than the people who give their blood, sweat and tears each and every day to make it work."""

So if I feel this way, does this make me classless and deranged?

Phobia
01-14-2004, 12:20 PM
So let's just move on.

Chris

No. Let's arrogantly sling mud at the entire customer base instead. That sounds like the thing to do.

PastorMikH
01-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Head,

I could write a nice rebuttal for Gretz if you want to throw it up on the mainpage..

Just let me know. It would take me no longer than 5 minutes.

There should probably be something about if you are more concerned with the people and their efforts invested in running an NFL team than you are in the success of that team you should root for the Lions, not the Chiefs.

:)

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 12:23 PM
...without "classless" fans like me, there is no money to fund signing bonuses, contracts, stadiums, advertising, Media, practice facilities and football would go the way of........

Follow me closely here
No fans, no money, no demand, no team, no job for Greg in the first place.

Well, there is always HS football, and maybe some college football players would play for...aneducation.

Mark M
01-14-2004, 12:23 PM
"""You believe the success of the team is more important to you, than the people who give their blood, sweat and tears each and every day to make it work."""

So if I feel this way, does this make me classless and deranged?

Probably ... but you're in good with the man upstairs, so don't worry.

It's us classless and deranged godless heathens that wanted Robinson and all of his relatives to die slow, painful deaths that he's writing about.

Not that I'm one of them or anything ...

MM
~~:)

shaneo69
01-14-2004, 12:24 PM
I suggest that everyone here click on the "Sound off" link just below Gretz' article and tell him what you think about his statement that Greg Robinson, who 4 years ago was trying his best to help the Donks win a Super Bowl, cared more about the Kansas City Chiefs success than fans who have lived and died with the Chiefs for much longer than the past 3 years, and who don't get paid to care about the team.

Mark M
01-14-2004, 12:25 PM
I suggest that everyone here click on the "Sound off" link just below Gretz' article and tell him what you think about his statement that Greg Robinson, who 4 years ago was trying his best to help the Donks win a Super Bowl, cared more about the Kansas City Chiefs success than fans who have lived and died with the Chiefs for much longer than the past 3 years, and who don't get paid to care about the team.

Did it about an hour ago ...

MM
~~:mad:

Skip Towne
01-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Bob Gretz is an assclown. He has no room to call anyone classless and deranged. GROB got exactly what any other employee would have gotten for complete failure to do his job. There sure are a hell of a lot of us classless and deranged people.

ILChief
01-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Here is what I sent Gretz, I borrowed some comments from others here:

Mr. Gretz,
I take offense with your calling those behind www.firegregrobinson.com (http://www.firegregrobinson.com) "classless". Fact is, Greg Robinson's defense has been a complete joke for the last two seasons. I don't doubt Robinson is a good guy, but this is a results-oriented league and the results have been terrible. His "defense" costs the Chiefs their best chance at a Superbowl in forever. Excuse us fans (or paying customers) for not smiling while our defense stunk out loud in front of the whole country. As another poster on chiefsplanet.com said, If you are so worried about class, maybe tell Carl Peterson the classy thing would do would be to refund half the money people paid for playoff tickets because Robinson's half of the team didn't show up. I love the Chiefs and probably invest as much time following them as you do. While I did not create firegregrobinson.com, I did sign the petition and would gladly do it again. It wasn't about hurting Greg Robinson, it was about our team winning the Super Bowl. If that makes me classless, then I guess I (and about 3000 other of your paying customers) are. Thank you

redbrian
01-14-2004, 12:44 PM
To miss quote Shakespeare, I think you ladies doth protest too much.
I have no problem with what Gretz wrote nor do I have a problem with Gretz.
If you listened to him during last weeks game you would have heard him talking about how bad the defense was, in fact all year he has been saying that this defense is bad.
But he is right youíre virulence that you are spewing on GR and now Gretz who has pointed it out does border on the irrational.
Ok ladies flame away.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 12:46 PM
If he hated the website, I'm sure he (and those he speaks for at 1 Arrowhead Drive) didn't like the Photoshop execution or napalm bombing of Greg Robinson...

let's hope they saw them and got a glimpse into what real 'class' is.

KCTitus
01-14-2004, 12:46 PM
If you listened to him during last weeks game you would have heard him talking about how bad the defense was, in fact all year he has been saying that this defense is bad.
But he is right [your] virulence that you are spewing on GR and now Gretz who has pointed it out does border on the irrational.
Ok ladies flame away.

I was thinking the same thing...

TEX
01-14-2004, 12:49 PM
I've been a Chiefs fan all my life. Who says the coaches want it more? :hmmm:

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 12:53 PM
I was thinking the same thing...

Irrational and possibly dangerous...

you never know when someone would do something stupid like start egging the guys car or vandalizing his house if he stayed here. As it was the hate was so personal but was limited to being verbal and digital but if he had stayed who knows where it could have lead.

Chiefnj
01-14-2004, 12:53 PM
But he is right you’re virulence that you are spewing on GR and now Gretz who has pointed it out does border on the irrational.
Ok ladies flame away.

What's the difference between someone who posted on the website that three years of horrible performance warrants a change in coaching, and an "insider" like Gretz who talks about how bad the defense is? I'm failing to see the distinction, in fact isn't it worse for a fellow employee to bad mouth the team?

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 12:55 PM

Here's mine:

Mr. Gretz,

Please do not demean the Chiefs' fan base in your column.

While you were "covering the Pittsburgh Steelers in their glory years," we were loyal to the Chiefs. While Greg Robinson was serving the Denver Broncos and Dick Vermeil was leading the Eagles, we were loyal to the Chiefs. Through rain, snow, strikes, missed kicks, 32nd-ranked defenses, and nose tackles covering wide receivers, we have been loyal to the Chiefs.

The fan base is the ultimate dogged watchdog for the team. Without us, personal loyalties would have overridden the team's best interests, and Mr. Robinson would have returned to lead another disaster on defense. While we applaud his decorum during his resignation, that resignation was made possible only by the loyalty of the fans, and our hue and cry. I applaud the professional and polite authors of firegregrobinson.com for assisting in that process.

We were here before you, before Carl, before Dick, and before everyone but Lamar. We'll still be here when you're all long gone. You may fear us or ridicule us, but you really should respect our presence.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Irrational and possibly dangerous...

you never know when someone would do something stupid like start egging the guys car or vandalizing his house if he stayed here. As it was the hate was so personal but was limited to being verbal and digital but if he had stayed who knows where it could have lead.

There are some really strange people on the Internet.

redbrian
01-14-2004, 01:00 PM
What's the difference between someone who posted on the website that three years of horrible performance warrants a change in coaching, and an "insider" like Gretz who talks about how bad the defense is? I'm failing to see the distinction, in fact isn't it worse for a fellow employee to bad mouth the team?

The difference is in the tone, if you fail to see the difference I am unable to explain it.

PastorMikH
01-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Here is a copy of what I just emailed via the email addy the Senator provided (bgretz@susqkc.com). I would suggest that anyone offended to email him with your comments...

Mr. Gretz,

I must admit, I am somewhat offended at your most recent article on the KC Chiefs website. I can understand that you probably look at Mr Robinson as a friend and do indeed feel a need to voice your support of him. But for you to call KC fans that are tired of seeing a Defense that couldn't contain the Kansas Jayhawks offense is a little overboard in my opinion.

You say in your article...

"You believe the success of the team is more important to you, than the people who give their blood, sweat and tears each and every day to make it work. You are deranged and can not a hold a candle to a man like Robinson."

It is the NFL. It is about success, period. It doesn't matter how hard a person works or how nice of a person they are, it is about putting a competitive team on the field. Our Defense has not been competitive for the 3 years Mr Robinson has been here. And to be frankly honest, there are a lot of fans that buy tickets, paraphernalia, and indeed bleed Red and Gold after every loss or injury that are tired of settling for the mediocracy on Defense. The problem is we were spoiled for years with Defenses that could be depended upon when the game was on the line. If fans, in your opinion, are "deranged" and "classless" is is because we expect so much more.

As for your comments about websites. I am not quite sure where you get the "kicking him while he is down" bit because yesterday after the newsconference, I checked one particular site and all the articles had already been pulled and a thank you for doing the right thing (Greg Robinson used the same words at the press conference by the way) was in thier place.

I would hope that when you start reffering to fans with derogatory comments you remember that they (we) are the base of support for this team. If we didn't care we wouldn't speak up.

Sincerely

M. Holman

headsnap
01-14-2004, 01:02 PM
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Rausch
01-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Gretz is a Peterson-pole swallowing kiss azz, and he can cram his comments where his head is.....

I'm confident GROB was a good person, but he's a $#it coordinator. There's just no way around that: he failed MISERABLY at his job.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 01:05 PM
The difference is in the tone, if you fail to see the difference I am unable to explain it.

Don't think Gretz ever posted a piece on execution methods for Greg Robinson.

headsnap
01-14-2004, 01:05 PM
did you even read the original site?

tk13
01-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Don't think Gretz ever posted a piece on execution methods for Greg Robinson.
Come on, most people denounced that thread. You act like 90% of the people here would've mailbombed the guy....

Bootlegged
01-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Wow. Guess I've done my job. I've pissed off Bob Gretz. Give me a call Gretz, then tell me how classless I am....better yet, do it face to face.

Ultra Peanut
01-14-2004, 01:18 PM
But he is right youíre virulence that you are spewing on GR and now Gretz who has pointed it out does border on the irrational.
Ok ladies flame away.From "It's not the players, it's the scheme. Greg Robinson has overstayed his welcome in Kansas City, and it's time for a change" when he still had the job to "Thank you Greg, you did the right thing" when he resigned.

Ooh, those hateful monsters over at firegregrobinson.com. :rolleyes:

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Come on, most people denounced that thread. You act like 90% of the people here would've mailbombed the guy....

'Most' people? Really? Where, I must have missed it.

Oh, you mean now that he's gone people are saying 'let it go' and how stupid and dumb and pointless a thread like that was...

funny, didn't see the same sentiment much while he was still employed.

redbrian
01-14-2004, 01:20 PM
did you even read the original site?

[I checked one particular site and all the articles had already been pulled and a thank you for doing the right thing

I would hope that when you start [referring] to fans with derogatory comments you remember that they (we) are the base of support for this team. If we didn't care we wouldn't speak up.]

I find these two sentences say it all, the first sentence says yea there was some nasty stuff written but it was removed. So in essence no harm no foul.

The second sentence, is we as the fans have a right to be as nasty as we want to be but how dare you @#$@! (add your favorite derogatory name for a horizontally challenged person) call us on it.

Baby Lee
01-14-2004, 01:21 PM
Has anyone stopped to think that all the bagging on Gigli has introduced a great deal of stress to the fledgling relationship between J-Lo and Bennifer?
Think about THAT!!!!!

Talisman
01-14-2004, 01:30 PM
If he hated the website, I'm sure he (and those he speaks for at 1 Arrowhead Drive) didn't like the Photoshop execution or napalm bombing of Greg Robinson...

Can someone give me a boost? I can't quite reach her moral high ground.

headsnap
01-14-2004, 01:33 PM
[I checked one particular site and all the articles had already been pulled and a thank you for doing the right thing

I would hope that when you start [referring] to fans with derogatory comments you remember that they (we) are the base of support for this team. If we didn't care we wouldn't speak up.]

I find these two sentences say it all, the first sentence says yea there was some nasty stuff written but it was removed. So in essence no harm no foul.

where does it say there was some nasty stuff on it but it was removed?
I want to thank you in advance for thinking for yourself

the articles were pulled after he resigned because THERE WAS NO LONGER A NEED FOR THEM!

here is the copy of the site that was up ten minutes before GRob resigned.
http://www.firegregrobinson.com/index2.html

click at your own risk. :rolleyes:

Baby Lee
01-14-2004, 01:38 PM
So here's to you Mr. Column writing bitch man.......
ROFL - evv-rywhere a splish-SPLASH!!!!

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 01:39 PM

I'm sorry, but you're not a fully functioning human if you didn't like the execution and napalm photos. I'll bet he was laughing hysterically just like everyone else.

Dartgod
01-14-2004, 01:40 PM
'Most' people? Really? Where, I must have missed it.

Oh, you mean now that he's gone people are saying 'let it go' and how stupid and dumb and pointless a thread like that was...

funny, didn't see the same sentiment much while he was still employed.
Geeeeezuz, are you really that freakin' stupid? Do you honestly think that anyone here was going to try to "execute" GRob? You go to such extremes to support your point of view; it's no surprise that very few people respect your opinion about ANYTHING!

Bob Dole
01-14-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry, but you're not a fully functioning human if you didn't like the execution and napalm photos. I'll bet he was laughing hysterically just like everyone else.

Bob Dole didn't see the photos, but they sound really, really scary.

Ultra Peanut
01-14-2004, 01:50 PM
There is no excuse. We upgraded at least one player at each level in the defense this off-season. We have 5 new starters that are all unquestionably more talented than those from last year, and yet the results are the same. that's almost a 50% talent increase in the starting group. It's inexcusable to grant Robinson that talent increase and yet claim it's the players. Could you imagine giving Al Saunders a 50% talent increase on that offense?

No. It IS the scheme. YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD!!!!!!!

|Zach|
01-14-2004, 01:52 PM
I thought the photos were in poor taste and I didn't find them funny but there is no way you can actully think there was true malice behind them....thats just crazy.

dirk digler
01-14-2004, 01:52 PM
I am really pissed about this article, you know if Gretz wanted to call us classless and deranged on the radio or in the newspaper, that is one thing but to have it posted on the Chiefs website really pisses me off and I don't care what disclaimer is posted underneath the column. Since it is there I take it just as if it comes directly from Lamar, Carl, or Dick and to criticize your fan base and call them names is bullshit!

GROB deserved to be fired and deserved to get the criticism that came his way, if him or anyone in the Chiefs organization can't handle it then they need to leave this profession. These guys are in a high profile position and they get paid millions of dollars to do their jobs and if they can't they need to quit or get fired plain and simple.

So FUG YOU BOB GRETZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

Bootlegged
01-14-2004, 01:53 PM
I think we definitely need to put one of your emails on the front page of the site.....since it is still getting web traffic. Maybe Bob will get the hint that there was about 27,000 classless people..

Ari Chi3fs
01-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Lattimer and Headsnap... you are deranged and need to seek help.

ROFL

dirk digler
01-14-2004, 01:55 PM
I think we definitely need to put one of your emails on the front page of the site.....since it is still getting web traffic. Maybe Bob will get the hint that there was about 27,000 classless people..

:thumb:

Ari Chi3fs
01-14-2004, 01:55 PM
damn I missed the Robinson Napalm pic, :-(

BigRedChief
01-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Here's mine:

Mr. Gretz,

Please do not demean the Chiefs' fan base in your column.

While you were "covering the Pittsburgh Steelers in their glory years," we were loyal to the Chiefs. While Greg Robinson was serving the Denver Broncos and Dick Vermeil was leading the Eagles, we were loyal to the Chiefs. Through rain, snow, strikes, missed kicks, 32nd-ranked defenses, and nose tackles covering wide receivers, we have been loyal to the Chiefs.

The fan base is the ultimate dogged watchdog for the team. Without us, personal loyalties would have overridden the team's best interests, and Mr. Robinson would have returned to lead another disaster on defense. While we applaud his decorum during his resignation, that resignation was made possible only by the loyalty of the fans, and our hue and cry. I applaud the professional and polite authors of firegregrobinson.com for assisting in that process.

We were here before you, before Carl, before Dick, and before everyone but Lamar. We'll still be here when you're all long gone. You may fear us or ridicule us, but you really should respect our presence.

yeah what he said....

Bootlegged
01-14-2004, 02:05 PM
My quick take in the "sound off" section of the kcchiefs site...

As someone involved in creating the firegregrobinson.com site, I found your column...well, classless. The fans needed a voice in the future of our defense and the site helped give some that voice. Greg is probably a great guy...but his defense DID NOT WORK in KC. Vermeil was too loyal to him and it cost us this year. For the 27,000+ people that visited and the 3,000+ that signed the petition and agreed that he needed to go....check yourself before you go calling someone else classless.

|Zach|
01-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Gretz didn't say he didn't think GR shouldn't have been fired...

headsnap
01-14-2004, 02:08 PM
one step ahead of you. ;)

Bootlegged
01-14-2004, 02:13 PM
one step ahead of you. ;)

Perfect. :thumb:

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 02:13 PM

Post #59 of the "frazod, is that what you're looking for" thread about two days ago, and then you can work back from there. They're very, very tasteless and very, very funny.

Since Denise misunderstood, I should point out that they were satire and do not in any way reflect an intent to send 600,000 troops with M-16s to Greg Robinson's house, along with B-52's and napalm attacks.

CosmicPal
01-14-2004, 02:24 PM
<DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">After reading Bob Gretz's recent article, I've got to wonder: How can he insult the fans of the Chiefs? Classless? For wanting the defense of the team I root for to be at least mediocre, rather than the joke of the NFL? </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"> </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">For 23 years I've put my heart into this team every training camp, spent thousands of dollars on tickets, concessions and Chiefs merchandise, sat in the cold and rain, and have seen exactly 3 playoff wins. Three. I have earned the RIGHT to rip Lin Elliot for missing his kicks. Iíve earned the RIGHT to rip Grbac for throwing the ball 4 yards short. Iíve earned the RIGHT to rip Marty for all of his playoff defeats. Iíve earned the RIGHT to complain about a coordinator who was in charge of the worst defense in 2002, and the 30th in 2003. </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"> </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Sure, Robinson may be a great guy, but he's a terrible coordinator. Think about it--if I were the worst at my job, I would be, and should be, fired immediately. But football is different--you can suck and still be employed, or be good and still lose your job. At least yesterday the person who deserved a majority (although not all) of the blame took the fall. Fans may not put their ďblood and sweatĒ into the team, but they sure as hell have put in their tears Ö not to mention millions of dollars that support all aspects of the organization. </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">

My sentiments are the same...nice read, and this is exactly how I feel as well. :thumb:

JazzzLovr
01-14-2004, 02:28 PM

If you had, you would have been so traumatized that you would have moved back to Texas just to get farther away from these psychos in the KC area. ;)

PastorMikH
01-14-2004, 02:53 PM

The second sentence, is we as the fans have a right to be as nasty as we want to be but how dare you @#$@! (add your favorite derogatory name for a horizontally challenged person) call us on it.

Mr Redbrian, are you per chance Bob Gretz? First off, you want to use my quotes, give credit. Second, don't take them out of context and twist them for your own purposes. Oh, and don't add any meanings into them that I didn't put in them.

philfree
01-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Gretz call us classless and deranged

After being on Chiefs Planet since it's beginnings I'd say Mr Gretz is pretty dead on. :shrug: So sue me!

PhilFree :arrow:

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Since Denise misunderstood, I should point out that they were satire and do not in any way reflect an intent to send 600,000 troops with M-16s to Greg Robinson's house, along with B-52's and napalm attacks.

I understand they were supposed to be 'parody' but putting a gun to someone's head is not funny.

Face it, there were hurt feelings :deevee: and angry people :fire: on the board who temporarily put their sense of common decency on the back burner while their emotions were running amok...

can't blame you for suffering from PMS or PTSD or whatever...Just don't expect people who aren't as angry or depressed as you to find holding a gun to someone's head to be funny.

tk13
01-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Can't blame you for suffering from PMS or PTSD or whatever...just don't expect people who aren't as angry or depressed as you to find holding a gun to someone's head to be funny.

Wow, a direct attack at Rain Man. I don't think I've ever seen that "attack the court jester" manuever attempted before.... we're breaking new boundries everyday in bulletin board warfare.

Dartgod
01-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Face it, there were hurt feelings :deevee: and angry people :fire: on the board who temporarily put their sense of common decency on the back burner while their emotions were running amok...
Since when was having a sense of common decency a prerequisite for posting on this BB? :hmmm:

Phobia
01-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Well, this was a pretty cool thread until a certain somebody arrived.....

It happens all too often, I'm afraid.

Dartgod, will you please have the common decency to stay off all the cool threads until they've been hijacked?

Pennywise
01-14-2004, 03:08 PM
I understand they were supposed to be 'parody' but putting a gun to someone's head is not funny.

can't blame you for suffering from PMS or PTSD or whatever...Just don't expect people who aren't as angry or depressed as you to find holding a gun to someone's head to be funny.

Quite the dumbass you are.

headsnap
01-14-2004, 03:09 PM

that thread was cathartic(if you need the definition: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cathartic scroll down for the adjective, and it's the first definition, although the other two also will work ;) ).

if you were a Chiefs fan, you would understand the loss that was experienced.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Wow, a direct attack at Rain Man. I don't think I've ever seen that "attack the court jester" manuever attempted before.... we're breaking new boundries everyday in bulletin board warfare.

That was pretty cool, wasn't it? I love new things.

tk13
01-14-2004, 03:14 PM
I also must admit I find it extremely ironic that a Raiders fan is making comments about how inappropriate a picture is when they support a team and organization who's legion of fans is known nationwide as a very violent group that has gone to the lengths of stabbing and urinating on people, among other things.

|Zach|
01-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Dartgod, will you please have the common decency to stay off all the cool threads until they've been hijacked?

http://www.nfl-world.com/forums/images/smilies/hijacked.gif

tk13
01-14-2004, 03:15 PM
That was pretty cool, wasn't it? I love new things.
Yeah, how's the PMS treating ya?

JazzzLovr
01-14-2004, 03:17 PM

You're on your own this time, Bob. ;)

sparkky
01-14-2004, 03:18 PM
I agree with you Bob, I spend a ton of money on tickets, merchandise, and emotions and if I want to bitch and moan about the team I feel I have every right.
I totally take exception to what he said and I think it is a disgrace that he would call us that and especially to Lattimer and headsnap. I think we should start a new website called http:\\www.bobgretzisanazzclown.com

I completely agree. Every time Carl Peterson crosses his legs, you can hear Boob Gretzs' neck pop.
I suspect Boob Gretz has no facial hair due to fear of getting it caught in a zipper.
He hasn't had an original thought in over 10 years.

Dartgod
01-14-2004, 03:24 PM

You're on your own this time, Bob. ;)
Like HE knows anything about common decency. :rolleyes:

Phobia
01-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Like HE knows anything about common decency. :rolleyes:

Sure. I know a LOT about it. I'm just a non-conformist.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 03:33 PM
I also must admit I find it extremely ironic that a Raiders fan is making comments about how inappropriate a picture is when they support a team and organization who's legion of fans is known nationwide as a very violent group that has gone to the lengths of stabbing and urinating on people, among other things.

First of all, this isn't about the Raiders or about a football team or coach but about manipulating pictures to appear that someone is going to be shot in the head...and people justifying that type of behavior as somehow being a legit response to losing a FOOTBALL GAME. FWIW, I've been on Raiders boards for four years and have never seen something like that picture being held up as funny...MOF, the times I've seen someone try they were removed. Go figure.

2bikemike
01-14-2004, 03:36 PM

This from a person who takes such joy in the troubles of our Nation, president, Or certain right wing radio hosts.

Phobia
01-14-2004, 03:36 PM
First of all, this isn't about the Raiders or about a football team or coach but about manipulating pictures to appear that someone is going to be shot in the head...and people justifying that type of behavior as somehow being a legit response to losing a FOOTBALL GAME. FWIW, I've been on Raiders boards for four years and have never seen something like that picture being held up as funny...MOF, the times I've seen someone try they were removed. Go figure.

Oh - my. Did the mods not live up to your expectations again? Shocking, indeed. I guess we understand satire and you do not. Of all the people that viewed those threads, I didn't receive one complaint using the proper channels, just some opportunistic whining on the board. Go figure.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 03:38 PM
This from a person who takes such joy in the troubles of our Nation, president, Or certain right wing radio hosts.

Show me where I equated their miserable failures to needing to be shot in the head or executed.

It's not being angry with Greg Robinson or being disrespectful to him. It's about the lengths of which the anger and disrespect got here and the move to justify it as a response to a loss and to excuse it as somehow normal.

tk13
01-14-2004, 03:39 PM
I never said the picture wasn't necessarily offensive. I just wondered how you could support a team who's fans are 1000 times worse than this because they've actually done physical harm to people over a FOOTBALL GAME. Me, you, and everyone else posts something stupid from time to time, it's just an internet message board.

I sure hope you aren't insinuating that there are people on this board that actually want to shoot Greg Robinson in the head. If that is the case, I've got some oceanfront property here in Indiana I can sell you.

Phobia
01-14-2004, 03:41 PM
memyselfi,
Will you please post a picture of yourself? I'm working on my Paint skills and I have just the photo to put your head on.

big nasty kcnut
01-14-2004, 03:44 PM
well gretz is a guy who should see that kc defense was failing and that if he had half a brain he would be leading the charge to fire grob

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 03:46 PM
I have just the photo to put your head on.

I think it would look better on a stake.

Oops, my weak attempt at humor has probably incited some loony to do violence. My bad.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 03:46 PM

I have to make jokes about guns. When I was seven years old, some people broke into our house. They were on drugs or something, and they beat us up and then they forced us to play Russian roulette with a revolver. I still remember that revolver, because it looked a lot like a toy one that I had at the time. My mom was first, and she lasted three shots, and then my dad went on the first one. The sweat was dripping down the side of his head when they held the gun up, because our hands were all tied behind our backs so they pulled the trigger for us. First shot - bad luck, I guess. My oldest brother Tom was next. He was kind of pudgy and they said that was why. Then it was Kenny. I don't really remember how many pulls of the trigger it took for them, because everything was going real fast for me by then. I guess by that time the neighbors had heard and called the police, because right as they put the gun to my head for the first pull, a bunch of police officers busted down the door. You would have thought that there would have been a shootout, but there wasn't. The bad people just dropped the gun and the police took them away while I sat there on the floor with my hands tied behind my back watching it all and not even thinking about leaving or moving. The funny thing was that no one said a word to me afterward. They just moved around and checked pulses and talked to themselves, and I just sat there, and I had a cold spot on the side of my head where the gun barrel had been. We had a gold shag carpet, and it turned orange, and I remember thinking that it was a really beautiful orange, almost an apricot when the light hit it. Well, my aunt and uncle picked me up, and I had a lot of trouble with guns after that - really freaked me out, even if it was just on TV - and finally the therapist took me to a hypnotist who trained me to think of guns as just being those old joke guns where, when you pulled the trigger, a little flag came out and said "BANG!" That's how I think about guns now - BANG! Not a bunch of drugged up hippies murdering everyone I loved while I was helpless to do anything about it. So I apologize if you all think I'm being light about this stuff, but it's a product of who I am.

As for the napalm stuff, remember that kid on the left side of that picture? Well, you should know that all of this stuff happened in 1970, and my Aunt Phuong and Uncle Tran lived in a small village in Vietnam at the time...

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 03:48 PM
I have to make jokes about guns. When I was seven years old, some people broke into our house. They were on drugs or something, and they beat us up and then they forced us to play Russian roulette with a revolver. I still remember that revolver, because it looked a lot like a toy one that I had at the time. My mom was first, and she lasted three shots, and then my dad went on the first one. The sweat was dripping down the side of his head when they held the gun up, because our hands were all tied behind our backs so they pulled the trigger for us. First shot - bad luck, I guess. My oldest brother Tom was next. He was kind of pudgy and they said that was why. Then it was Kenny. I don't really remember how many pulls of the trigger it took for them, because everything was going real fast for me by then. I guess by that time the neighbors had heard and called the police, because right as they put the gun to my head for the first pull, a bunch of police officers busted down the door. You would have thought that there would have been a shootout, but there wasn't. The bad people just dropped the gun and the police took them away while I sat there on the floor with my hands tied behind my back watching it all and not even thinking about leaving or moving. The funny thing was that no one said a word to me afterward. They just moved around and checked pulses and talked to themselves, and I just sat there, and I had a cold spot on the side of my head where the gun barrel had been. We had a gold shag carpet, and it turned orange, and I remember thinking that it was a really beautiful orange, almost an apricot when the light hit it. Well, my aunt and uncle picked me up, and I had a lot of trouble with guns after that - really freaked me out, even if it was just on TV - and finally the therapist took me to a hypnotist who trained me to think of guns as just being those old joke guns where, when you pulled the trigger, a little flag came out and said "BANG!" That's how I think about guns now - BANG! Not a bunch of drugged up hippies murdering everyone I loved while I was helpless to do anything about it. So I apologize if you all think I'm being light about this stuff, but it's a product of who I am.

As for the napalm stuff, remember that kid on the left side of that picture? Well, you should know that all of this stuff happened in 1970, and my Aunt Phuong and Uncle Tran lived in a small village in Vietnam at the time...

That's the absolute funniest thing I've ever read on the Planet. I can't stop laughing. Even if it's true, it's funny as shit.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I can laugh about it now, but it really messed me up back then.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 03:51 PM
I never said the picture wasn't necessarily offensive. I just wondered how you could support a team who's fans are 1000 times worse than this because they've actually done physical harm to people over a FOOTBALL GAME. Me, you, and everyone else posts something stupid from time to time, it's just an internet message board.

I sure hope you aren't insinuating that there are people on this board that actually want to shoot Greg Robinson in the head. If that is the case, I've got some oceanfront property here in Indiana I can sell you.

I'm not 'insinuating' anything...

the vitriol regarding Greg Robinson on this board (especially visual) was more intense and angry than I've seen on any sports board. Obviously DV did not want this action to happen and obviously if he or his staff had seen those pictures they wouldn't be laughing either nor would Robinson be laughing if his kids saw them.

Yeah, some angry football fans hell bent on revenge might find them funny...I guess it took a 'special' person to find them humorous.

Pennywise
01-14-2004, 03:52 PM
We had a gold shag carpet, and it turned orange, and I remember thinking that it was a really beautiful orange, almost an apricot when the light hit it. who I am.

AHA!

We can let you slide on your choice of BMW colors then...

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I can laugh about it now, but it really messed me up back then.

It's good to know you're not messed up now.

Pennywise
01-14-2004, 03:55 PM

the vitriol regarding Greg Robinson on this board (especially visual) was more intense and angry than I've seen on any sports board. Obviously DV did not want this action to happen and obviously if he or his staff had seen those pictures they wouldn't be laughing either nor would Robinson be laughing if his kids saw them.

Yeah, some angry football fans hell bent on revenge might find them funny...I guess it took a 'special' person to find them humorous.

Will you STFU already?

2bikemike
01-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Show me where I equated their miserable failures to needing to be shot in the head or executed.

It's not being angry with Greg Robinson or being disrespectful to him. It's about the lengths of which the anger and disrespect got here and the move to justify it as a response to a loss and to excuse it as somehow normal.

So maybe you never equated it to being shot in the head or executed. Just pointing out the joy you take in others misery.

As far as those posted pictures, IMHO it is no different than some of those dark comedies that hollywood produces. I.E. "Pulp Fiction" any outrage over Quentin Tarantino from you?

Actually I expect that you will say there is. You appear to me to be someone who will always take the opposite side just so you can argue and bitch.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Will you STFU already?

Tell people to stop asking questions... :p

Hopefully no one who visited the firegregrobinson.com site visited the link to CP save they be introduced to the Planet the past twenty four hours and think this is where fans castrate or excecute team members.

Thank God, GR is gone and so the team will be perfect and no one here will have a damn thing to b*tch about or execute someone over. :thumb: :p

headsnap
01-14-2004, 03:58 PM
AHA!

We can let you slide on your choice of BMW colors then...
now it all makes since(planet spelling)! ROFL

rep

Pennywise
01-14-2004, 03:59 PM
So maybe you never equated it to being shot in the head or executed. Just pointing out the joy you take in others misery.

As far as those posted pictures, IMHO it is no different than some of those dark comedies that hollywood produces. I.E. "Pulp Fiction" any outrage over Quentin Tarantino from you?

Actually I expect that you will say there is. You appear to me to be someone who will always take the opposite side just so you can argue and bitch.

Dude, your on a roll today.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 04:01 PM

I don't pay money to see those movies. It was on HBO and I sat through ten minutes of it before I walked out of the room. Never saw movie. And if you must know, I have huge issues with Hollywood glamorizing and trivializing torture and death of human beings...

I'm done with this issue unless people keep asking questions.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey, memyselfI, would you please take out the references to drugs and murder in your signature? I really don't appreciate them after what happened to me when I was seven.

tk13
01-14-2004, 04:03 PM

Revenge? What? I'm not saying that any of it's funny. You think that there are people on this board that want to kill Greg Robinson, which is absurd.

I also find it's bizarre that you're absolutely never happy with anything that goes on here. There are lots of things on the Internet that you, I, or anyone else would not want to be around, but yet you choose to stay here.

Bootlegged
01-14-2004, 04:07 PM
What the hell is going on here?

Back to the subject at hand. I've been personally attacked. Headsnap has to. So we've decided to put all of the thousands of dollars we made off the firegreg site and establish www.bobgretzisaclasslessderangedfathead.com

Please give what you can.

Pennywise
01-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Tell people to stop asking questions... :p

Stop asking questions people.

JazzzLovr
01-14-2004, 04:09 PM
You've got it all wrong. The picture was a brilliantly symbollic work of art. The gun represented Gunther Cunningham (Gunther=Gun, I know it's a stretch), whose arrival would bring an end to Greg Robinson's career in Kansas City and usher in a new era of joy and happiness for Chiefs fans everywhere.

*sniff* It was beautiful.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Revenge? What? I'm not saying that any of it's funny. You think that there are people on this board that want to kill Greg Robinson, which is absurd.

No one is saying 'killing' him in person and for real but he was brutalized pretty extensively verbally and visually in a rhetorical sense.

Are you telling me that the public castration that occured on the guy since Sunday was born and bred of good vibes and not revenge and anger and hate? I'm sorry, I COMPLETELY misunderstood. Please forgive me.

Pennywise
01-14-2004, 04:10 PM
*sniff*

You got anymore?

tk13
Stop asking questions people.
No, I'm bored. This is mildly unentertaining. I still have yet to pull my "Well, I'm sure President Bush's kids wouldn't be laughing at some of the things you've said" card. I also have an UNO Draw Four Wild Card to play.

Rain Man
I'm really starting to get upset by those drugs and murder references, memyselfI. I've got a lot of feelings coming to the surface, and they were caused by this thread. I need them removed now, or I'm going to undo a lot of therapy. I can see the carpet again, and the gold turning to apricot. I didn't want to see it again, and it's back.

jeffrho68
01-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Hopefully no one who visited the firegregrobinson.com site visited the link to CP save they be introduced to the Planet the past twenty four hours and think this is where fans castrate or excecute team members.
:rolleyes: Give me a fuggin break....

Saggysack
Flies spread disease, so keep yours closed.

JazzzLovr
You got anymore?

ROFL I'm not actually a Gunther homer, I'm just really enjoying being a smartass today. :D

Talisman
01-14-2004, 04:13 PM
I don't pay money to see those movies. It was on HBO and I sat through ten minutes of it before I walked out of the room. Never saw movie. And if you must know, I have huge issues with Hollywood glamorizing and trivializing torture and death of human beings...

When you go to the movies I understand leaving, but when you're watching it on HBO in your own home, you don't need to walk out of the room. You could always change the channel (pm me for instructions on how to do this).

Unless you were making some kind of stand and wanting to send a strong message to your dog about your hatred of violence.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 04:15 PM
No, I'm bored. This is mildly unentertaining. I still have yet to pull my "Well, I'm sure President Bush's kids wouldn't be laughing at some of the things you've said" card. I also have an UNO Draw Four Wild Card to play.

I have not posted I want the guy dead or ways to excecute him. I have hoped for his political life to be very short...

the Photoshop picture had nothing to do with making a distinction between Greg Robinson the coach and his football life and Greg Robinson the human being and his life life. That is why photos like that are so dangerous.

tk13
01-14-2004, 04:16 PM
No one is saying 'killing' him in person and for real but he was brutalized pretty extensively verbally and visually in a rhetorical sense.

Are you telling me that the public castration that occured on the guy since Sunday was born and bred of good vibes and not revenge and anger and hate? I'm sorry, I COMPLETELY misunderstood. Please forgive me.
Now you're just being ridiculous. Hate's a strong word. I don't like to use the term hate... that's just me though. Sure there was some anger there, but I think revenge and hate are awfully strong words for some bulletin board banter after a demoralizing event.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 04:16 PM
When you go to the movies I understand leaving, but when you're watching it on HBO in your own home, you don't need to walk out of the room. You could always change the channel (pm me for instructions on how to do this).

Unless you were making some kind of stand and wanting to send a strong message to your dog about your hatred of violence.

My husband wanted to watch... :banghead:

FringeNC
01-14-2004, 04:17 PM

Gretz, get a clue. So we fans should "just lie back and enjoy it", to quote Bobby Knight and not make our opinion known? It is our fanaticism Gretz that pays your salary.

I didn't see anyone on this board laughing at Greg for crying. Sure, we were happy that he was fired, because we care about this franchise.

Radar Chief
01-14-2004, 04:18 PM

I also find it's bizarre that you're absolutely never happy with anything that goes on here. There are lots of things on the Internet that you, I, or anyone else would not want to be around, but yet you choose to stay here.

I just think that she has no personality other than biatching.
Probably the same no matter where she goes.

memyselfI
01-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Now you're just being ridiculous. Hate's a strong word. I don't like to use the term hate... that's just me though. Sure there was some anger there, but I think revenge and hate are awfully strong words for some bulletin board banter after a demoralizing event.

Well, I think putting up someone's photo with a gun to their head is awfully strong ACTIONS for some bulletin board banter after a demoralizing event.

The people posting that picture didn't do it out of love or forgiveness.

Talisman
01-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Well, I think putting up someone's photo with a gun to their head is awfully strong ACTIONS for some bulletin board banter after a demoralizing event.

The people posting that picture didn't do it out of love or forgiveness.
You weren't paying attention to the photo. If you look at the size of Robinson's head compared to the person holding the gun, it's obvious that he was 3 or 4 feet behind the gunman. Robinson was just standing by as the gunman aimed at an object outside of the picture.

Once again, your perspective is warped. ;)

ENDelt260
01-14-2004, 04:24 PM
I also have an UNO Draw Four Wild Card to play.

Wow.

Talisman
01-14-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm guessing Denise wouldn't have liked my "Robinson's head on a stake" avatar I was going to work on until he did the right thing.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 04:27 PM

Those hippies just wanted to watch, too.

I can see their faces now. One was a white guy, and he had this long brown wavy hair and light blue eyes. He was the one who was pulling the trigger. There was a black guy with a big afro and sunglasses, and a brown leather jacket with a reddish shirt that was open at the collar. He never said a word the whole time. And the girl.

The girl was small and blonde, and her name was Julie. I know that because the white guy kept calling her that when he was talking. She was wearing a red top, and her hair was blonde, but it was also black. I don't know how to describe it. Pete, the white guy, called her when they started the shooting, and she came in wearing my mom's wedding ring. I'll never forget that as long as I live.

ENDelt260
01-14-2004, 04:27 PM
I think Rain Man is going to give me nightmares.

tk13
01-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Wow.
What?

2bikemike
01-14-2004, 04:31 PM

So did you voice your dipleasure to his deranged tenancies. Or did you bitch to him about how classless and sick he is for watching? :hmmm:

I would bet you just logged on here to spout your tripe.

ENDelt260
01-14-2004, 04:34 PM
What?
Draw four wild cards rule.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 04:41 PM
They did this weird thing, and it probably saved my life. Between shooting Tom and Kenny, they all sat down, and they had taken some Peanuts books from the bedroom I shared with Kenny, and they read them out loud. Pete, the white guy, read the male voices, and Julie, the girl, she read the female voices. The black guy - I think his name was Lincoln or something, but I never remembered that until now - he went in and made a sandwich in the kitchen and then came out and listened to them while Kenny and I were tied up.

They were reading one of the books where Lucy was a psychiatrist and Charlie Brown would tell her his worries, and then she would be mean to him and then charge him a nickel. The guy looked up at me and asked me if I had a nickel and I didn't, and he said that he would've let me go if I only had a nickel. She did a high voice for Charlie Brown's little sister, and they all laughed about it, and Lincoln was eating his sandwich and to this day I smell gunpowder when I see a loaf of Wonder bread.

Lbedrock1
01-14-2004, 04:47 PM

He has mistake real fans, who care about the team more than the individual, as classless folks. He is way off base. It is not like GROB is going to be hurting financially. I feel sorry for someone who will be struggling to support their family after they lose their job, but a D-Co who has made a good salary for doing a worse job than I would do, I just can bring myself to feel sorry he has lost his job. He will recover and I wish him the best. If I held a candle to GROB he would get me arrested for assault and they would then consider me deranged.

Mark M
01-14-2004, 04:47 PM

Um ... what color is the sky in the world you live in?

You need to up your meds.

MM
~~:shake:

Dartgod
01-14-2004, 04:48 PM
You appear to me to be someone who will always take the opposite side just so you can argue and bitch.
*Ding, Ding*

We have a winner. Thank you for playing.

Mark M
01-14-2004, 04:49 PM
They did this weird thing, and it probably saved my life. Between shooting Tom and Kenny, they all sat down, and they had taken some Peanuts books from the bedroom I shared with Kenny, and they read them out loud. Pete, the white guy, read the male voices, and Julie, the girl, she read the female voices. The black guy - I think his name was Lincoln or something, but I never remembered that until now - he went in and made a sandwich in the kitchen and then came out and listened to them while Kenny and I were tied up.

They were reading one of the books where Lucy was a psychiatrist and Charlie Brown would tell her his worries, and then she would be mean to him and then charge him a nickel. The guy looked up at me and asked me if I had a nickel and I didn't, and he said that he would've let me go if I only had a nickel. She did a high voice for Charlie Brown's little sister, and they all laughed about it, and Lincoln was eating his sandwich and to this day I smell gunpowder when I see a loaf of Wonder bread.

You drank the special Kool-Aid, didn't ya?

MM
~~:bong:

JazzzLovr
01-14-2004, 04:50 PM
I would bet you just logged on here to spout your tripe.

Well, of course. Her husband learned to stop asking questions a long time ago.

2bikemike
01-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Well, of course. Her husband learned to stop asking questions a long time ago.

:LOL: :clap: ROFL Rep!

2bikemike
01-14-2004, 04:53 PM
:LOL: :clap: ROFL Rep!

I guess you'll have to get your rep after I spread it around some first.

Whats up with that?

Talisman
01-14-2004, 04:54 PM
The guy looked up at me and asked me if I had a nickel and I didn't, and he said that he would've let me go if I only had a nickel.

I believe this is how they got the idea for Monty Hall's "Let's Make a Deal."

Dartgod
01-14-2004, 04:55 PM
I guess you'll have to get your rep after I spread it around some first.

Whats up with that?
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. There's been several posts that I wanted to give her rep for. I'll start by giving you some rep.

Ultra Peanut
01-14-2004, 04:56 PM

They were reading one of the books where Lucy was a psychiatrist and Charlie Brown would tell her his worries, and then she would be mean to him and then charge him a nickel. The guy looked up at me and asked me if I had a nickel and I didn't, and he said that he would've let me go if I only had a nickel. She did a high voice for Charlie Brown's little sister, and they all laughed about it, and Lincoln was eating his sandwich and to this day I smell gunpowder when I see a loaf of Wonder bread.Oh. My. God.

:LOL: x 100000000000000000000!

stanleychief
01-14-2004, 05:11 PM

You know.. with your writing talent and Talisman's artistic skills, I think you should look into making a children's book. I could see popups and even some polls being worked into the book.

You could call it something like: My day With the Deranged and Twisted Hippie Chief Fans

Baby Lee
01-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Those hippies just wanted to watch, too.

I can see their faces now. One was a white guy, and he had this long brown wavy hair and light blue eyes. He was the one who was pulling the trigger. There was a black guy with a big afro and sunglasses, and a brown leather jacket with a reddish shirt that was open at the collar. He never said a word the whole time. And the girl.

The girl was small and blonde, and her name was Julie. I know that because the white guy kept calling her that when he was talking. She was wearing a red top, and her hair was blonde, but it was also black. I don't know how to describe it. Pete, the white guy, called her when they started the shooting, and she came in wearing my mom's wedding ring. I'll never forget that as long as I live.
Those hippies went on to star in The Mod Squad. And to refresh your memory, he prefers Linc' to Lincoln.

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 05:21 PM
AAAAAAUUUUUGGHHHHHH! IT'S LIKE IT'S HAPPENING ALL OVER AGAIN!

http://images.allposters.com/images/73/039_25834.jpg

Rain Man
01-14-2004, 05:45 PM
I believe this is how they got the idea for Monty Hall's "Let's Make a Deal."

You may be right, because after they killed Tom, they told me they were going to kill me next, but gave me the option to pick what they said was "Curtain Number 2." I didn't know what they meant, but I thought I had no choice, so I said, "Curtain Number 2." They laughed and said that Curtain Number 2 meant that they would kill Kenny first. I remember them pulling him over near the lava lamp and putting the gun to his head, and then the shooting. He slumped over, and I thought to myself, "Oh my god! They killed Kenny!"

big nasty kcnut
01-14-2004, 05:50 PM
well denise you should know that most of the time the planet is a clam place but when your dc killed our chance at a superbowl we have the right to go crazy

davebutler
01-14-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm sick and tired of listening to Bob Gretz who is no more than a cheerleader and mouth piece for the Kansas City Chiefs. He is certainly NOT a journalist, as his comments are always biased towards the Chiefs and his "job" is dependent upon having a good relationship with the Chiefs. Don't believe it? Ask Jason Whitlock about what happens when the professional sports teams you report on black list you.

Sure Gretz has it good - rubbing elbows with the players, with Carl Peterson (what's with the hair Carl???) and other A list people, and being invited to great parties, etc. Must be a lot of fun and an enviable position, but isn't your first duty, Mr. Gretz, to be impartial and report on the Chiefs?

Gretz is so biased that it is almost impossible to listen to him on the Fox. Just listening to him suck up to and kiss Carl P's rump makes me want to puke. Have you no pride Bob? How many times has Gretz cut off a caller in order to protect Carl or the organization from a difficult or embarassing question? More times than I can remember.

The latest back bending ^ss-kissing given by Gretz were the comments about the FireGregRobinson.com website. What happened to people's first amendment rights? Gretz's name calling was unwarranted.

Gretz was dramatic in his discussion of Robinson's firing and about what a great guy he and the franchise is. Geeze Bob, that's nice, let me shed a tear for another millionaire losing a job. I'm sure GR's benefits will eclipse what most people make in a lifetime. How does Gretz know GR wasn't asked to resign? Given his connection with DV, it would make sense. That way Vermeil wouldn't have to embarass a good friend by firing him.

I wish Gretz would have as much empathy for the hundreds or perhaps thousands of hard working people who have been laid off in the past couple of years by Sprint and other local companies.

I have a lot more empathy for those hard working people than an Asst. football coach who makes more money than the average person would know what to do with. GR will surely land on his feet, with or without Gretz's flowery comments. I'm not so sure about people who have lost their life savings after being laid off from local companies.

ExtremeChief
01-14-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm sick and tired of listening to Bob Gretz who is no more than a cheerleader and mouth piece for the Kansas City Chiefs. He is certainly NOT a journalist, as his comments are always biased towards the Chiefs and his "job" is dependent upon having a good relationship with the Chiefs. Don't believe it? Ask Jason Whitlock about what happens when the professional sports teams you report on black list you.

Sure Gretz has it good - rubbing elbows with the players, with Carl Peterson (what's with the hair Carl???) and other A list people, and being invited to great parties, etc. Must be a lot of fun and an enviable position, but isn't your first duty, Mr. Gretz, to be impartial and report on the Chiefs?

Gretz is so biased that it is almost impossible to listen to him on the Fox. Just listening to him suck up to and kiss Carl P's rump makes me want to puke. Have you no pride Bob? How many times has Gretz cut off a caller in order to protect Carl or the organization from a difficult or embarassing question? More times than I can remember.

The latest back bending ^ss-kissing given by Gretz were the comments about the FireGregRobinson.com website. What happened to people's first amendment rights? Gretz's name calling was unwarranted.

Gretz was dramatic in his discussion of Robinson's firing and about what a great guy he and the franchise is. Geeze Bob, that's nice, let me shed a tear for another millionaire losing a job. I'm sure GR's benefits will eclipse what most people make in a lifetime. How does Gretz know GR wasn't asked to resign? Given his connection with DV, it would make sense. That way Vermeil wouldn't have to embarass a good friend by firing him.

I wish Gretz would have as much empathy for the hundreds or perhaps thousands of hard working people who have been laid off in the past couple of years by Sprint and other local companies.

I have a lot more empathy for those hard working people than an Asst. football coach who makes more money than the average person would know what to do with. GR will surely land on his feet, with or without Gretz's flowery comments. I'm not so sure about people who have lost their life savings after being laid off from local companies.

I must say that is an excellent 1st post.

jettio
01-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Never liked Gretz, but if his use of two negative words to describe a group of people leads to a 200+ post thread, that seems to indicate that people can be awful sensitive to criticism.

People who dedicate time, effort, and money for the primary purpose of criticizing somebody, need to be able to accept a little criticism directed towards them.

Seems like some folks delight in letting us know that they are willing to take the low road.

Quite Frankly, if you brag about taking the low road, no need to get all worked-up about somebody saying that you took the low road.

It is remarkable that somebody went through the trouble of starting a website with that title. If you want to do something remarkable, expect a few remarks.

Phobia
01-14-2004, 06:37 PM

Now.... I don't believe for a second you're married to any seeing and hearing man. You might be married to Hank Keller, but I even doubt that.

Frazod
01-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Move over, Whitlock. There's a new biggest jackass in the KC sports media.

F#ck you, Gretz! 4321

KCWolfman
01-14-2004, 07:20 PM
If one knows he has hamburger and attempts to make Chatueau Briande out of it for 3 consecutive years, then that person is a foolish cook. Blaming the ingredients for your own failures is just assinine.

KCWolfman
01-14-2004, 07:22 PM

The smart thing to do would be to not pay for cable - especially premium channels that glorify sex and violence. If you are paying for Pulp Fiction, then you are part of your so-called problem.

The Bad Guy
01-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Never liked Gretz, but if his use of two negative words to describe a group of people leads to a 200+ post thread, that seems to indicate that people can be awful sensitive to criticism.

People who dedicate time, effort, and money for the primary purpose of criticizing somebody, need to be able to accept a little criticism directed towards them.

Seems like some folks delight in letting us know that they are willing to take the low road.

Quite Frankly, if you brag about taking the low road, no need to get all worked-up about somebody saying that you took the low road.

It is remarkable that somebody went through the trouble of starting a website with that title. If you want to do something remarkable, expect a few remarks.

How is making a website to get a failing DC fired taking the low road?

I found it pretty remarkable that you kissed Taco John's ass so much in his departure.

People can accept criticism. But when you say someone is 'deranged' and needs professional help because they want to see a change in this team then you're going a little bit too far.

That's not "just a little criticism". That's a heavy personal attack that Gretz just flug around like it was one of his 4 chins.

FringeNC
01-14-2004, 07:36 PM
People can accept criticism. But when you say someone is 'deranged' and needs professional help because they want to see a change in this team then you're going a little bit too far.

Exactly. Gretz's owes Chiefs' fans an apology. In fact, his quotes should be put up on the the GR web site. How dare Gretz go off on Chiefs fans for simply trying to voice their opinions? How is saying GR should have been fired a bad thing?

The Bad Guy
01-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Exactly. Gretz's owes Chiefs' fans an apology. In fact, his quotes should be put up on the the GR web site. How dare Gretz go off on Chiefs fans for simply trying to voice their opinions? How is saying GR should have been fired a bad thing?

Go to the site. They were put up.

FringeNC
01-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Go to the site. They were put up.

Thanks! I guess I haven't been keeping up with the thing as much I should. That was a great letter. I'm glad I am not the only one who things Gretz owes Chiefs' fans an apology.

Bwana
01-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Gretz is a complete tool. Hey Gretz, go have sex with yourself. :shake:

jettio
01-14-2004, 08:10 PM
How is making a website to get a failing DC fired taking the low road?

I found it pretty remarkable that you kissed Taco John's ass so much in his departure.

That's not "just a little criticism". That's a heavy personal attack that Gretz just flug around like it was one of his 4 chins.

:bong: Crack pipe down. :bong:

The Bad Guy
01-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Good response.

Were you ever able to get your nose removed from Taco's ass?

headsnap
01-14-2004, 08:20 PM
the "attacks" on GR on the firegregrobinson.com site were quite a bit milder than "classless," "deranged," and "needs professional help."

whoman69
01-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Vermeil said that the NFL is even more cutthroat than the real world. Shows how out of touch with reality that he is. At my job, I hear of someone getting fired almost weekly. You don't perform, you get canned.

Gretz needs to wake up and look at the bigger picture. The fans of KC deserve to expect a SB. We have waited over 30 years to get back to what looked like in the days of the AFL, a regular Chiefs occurence. Vermeil had been making statements such as, the unnamed one will be here as long as Vermeil is the coach, the coaching staff will return next year. It was our responsibility to remind vermeil of his responsibility to his fans. He would have zero problem with cutting a player that was not performing. How many were cut last March? Did he give them a eulogy like he did for the unnamed one.

Yes, I visited the firetheunnamedone.com and put in my two cents. I cheered when I heard the news. I thought it was classy that the unnamed one offered to pack his bags. I think had he not done so, then we would be once again talking next November about how the unnamed one's defense is stopping our persuit of the big prize. I regret nothing. I revel in the fact that it may have made a difference. The announcement that Vermeil was coming back was not quite as thrilling to me as the announcement that the unnamed one would not.

Iowanian
01-14-2004, 09:01 PM
I only wish I'd thought of the Gunther Hiring fiasco....Firing Gunther over the internet, but being irritated that the same tool, was used by the same fan base to ask for the same outcome.

I've searched the best of my ability to find a Bob Gretz article bemoning the mistreatment of Gunther....who actually DID make an opponent punt once in a while.

Thanks Frank for making an excellent point on the "other site".

jettio
01-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Good response.

Were you ever able to get your nose removed from Taco's ass?

Life sentence to ignore list. Retard.

siberian khatru
01-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Just read the letter, Frank. Well said.

FringeNC
01-14-2004, 09:23 PM
What was missing was a defensive mind-set thatís absolutely imperative to success in the NFL. Yes, football today is more complicated than it was years ago. Defenses must react to offenses, they must take part in the chess game.

But they must do it with an attitude that was seldom evident around the Chiefs defense. It was never there in 2002, showed itself early in 2003, but then disappeared, returning just briefly for the Chicago game. For that, the players, Robinson, the defensive staff and Vermeil must share the blame.

Didn't notice this tidbit of idiocy first time I read his column. Ever think that this attitude was a function of the success or lack thereof the team was having on the field, instead of vice versa? When we played teams with poor offensive lines, the front four could dominate to such a degree that it didn't matter that the rest of the poorly-coached D was running around clueless.

The Bad Guy
01-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Life sentence to ignore list. Retard.

God, no not that.

What will I do without Taco's love child reading my posts?

jettio
01-14-2004, 09:31 PM
the "attacks" on GR on the firegregrobinson.com site were quite a bit milder than "classless," "deranged," and "needs professional help."

I don't think you ought to take that to heart or anything.

Seems that the title of the website was intended to be provocative and that is because it implies dedicated dislike to an individual.

I did not bother to check out the website. But I don't think you should be surprised that some people would take offense at the title, and that there would be criticism of it.

I don't like Gretz because he does similar scapegoat crap during a broadcast. If an unpopular Chiefs player is near a bad play or penalty he busts in on the play-by-play to cryptically utter the unpopular player's name, and more than a few times, he did not even see the play, and ends up being wrong about what happened.

No hard feelings. And I would not like being called classless, but deranged, or needs professional help ain't so bad if you ask me. :hmmm:

ENDelt260
01-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Seems that the title of the website was intended to be provocative and that is because it implies dedicated dislike to an individual.

ROFL

Yeah, what were you thinking 'snap? You should have made it dismissgregrobinson.com, or releasegregrobinson.com, or partwayswithgregrobinson.com, or maybe terminategregrobinson.com

Hm... that last one may not be any better.

jettio
01-14-2004, 09:40 PM
ROFL

Yeah, what were you thinking 'snap? You should have made it dismissgregrobinson.com, or releasegregrobinson.com, or partwayswithgregrobinson.com, or maybe terminategregrobinson.com

Hm... that last one may not be any better.

I think a name that indicted the entire defense would be less offensive to people.

r-u-sure-that-there-are-11-chiefs-on-the-field-right-now? dot.com

2bikemike
01-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Anybody else think Gretz is Buddy Hacketts love child?

2bikemike
01-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Grrrrrrrr. :banghead: How come the pictures aren't visible and show up as links?

PastorMikH
01-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Anybody else think Gretz is Buddy Hacketts love child?

Great, now we will see the Planet bashed in Rufus Dawes next article because of our classless and deranged statements about Buddy Hacket.

Way to go 2bike.:shake:

Jenson71
01-14-2004, 09:49 PM
www.screwbobgretz/whoeverthehellheis.com

2bikemike
01-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Great, now we will see the Planet bashed in Rufus Dawes next article because of our classless and deranged statements about Buddy Hacket.

Way to go 2bike.:shake:

Not to mention Denise will probably rail against me for demeaning the Late Buddy Hackett.

ENDelt260
01-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Grrrrrrrr. :banghead: How come the pictures aren't visible and show up as links?
Because you attached more than one.

m0j0rYzN
01-14-2004, 10:04 PM
What? ......How the heck does Gretz know me?

2bikemike
01-14-2004, 10:06 PM
Because you attached more than one.

So is there a way to post 2 pics side by side?