PDA

View Full Version : Calling Pilot Big Daddy, Calling Pilot Big Daddy.

Rain Man
01-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Got your message, but your mailbox is full. I figure it's not a particularly private message, so I'll just post my response here.

You asked what's going on with this thread, and here's the answer:

There's nothing to it really but having fun. The short version is this: I've got a bunch of documents relating to WWII B-17 bombing runs from a game that I've been playing for several years, so we're assigning chiefsplanet members to the crews and I'm randomly posting bombing runs. We'll go until someone finishes 25 missions, a la the Memphis Belle.

You have nothing to do except name your plane (since you're the pilot of the ten-person crew), watch the bombing runs, hope you survive (which will be nothing but sheer luck), and razz other people in the process.

You were assigned a pilot position because you're in the top 20 in terms of total posts. See the "Chiefsplanet B-17 Crew Assignments and Aircraft Naming" thread to learn about your crew, and see the "Some rules and background" threads to learn a little more about the simulations.

Hydrae
01-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Ummm, so when will our first missions be taking off? I am on vacation next week so will only be on the Planet sporadically but will make a point of seeing how things are going once we get in the air.

Rain Man
01-23-2004, 11:50 AM
The first mission will take off as soon as we get the aircraft named.

It takes longer to write up a mission than I originally thought, so I'll post them one plane at a time.

Mark M
01-23-2004, 12:31 PM
If BD is the pilot, this plane should be named the Slippery Nipple ...

MM
~~:shrug:

Hydrae
01-23-2004, 12:44 PM
The first mission will take off as soon as we get the aircraft named.

It takes longer to write up a mission than I originally thought, so I'll post them one plane at a time.

That's cool. I also just want to say thanks for your efforts in keeping us entertained during the next couple of months with this! :thumb:

BIG_DADDY
01-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks!! :thumb: